Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? (6532 Views)

Ugoji Catherine Mary-Nneamaka Crowned Miss Coal City Nigeria / Ladies, Can You Rock This Naomi Campbell Dress? / Naomi Campbell's Visible Bald Patch Hair Disaster! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by trendystuf(f): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
It’s no longer news that one half of the singing duo of Mary-Mary, Erica Campbell, has gone solo. What’s news is the fact that her new album cover for her first solo debut, has sparked an international outrage. The Mary Mary singer recently posted a photo of herself wearing a figure-hugging white dress on her Instagram page. The photo sparked lots of conversations about whether or not the dress was too sexy for a gospel singer.
A preacher – who like anybody with eyes – couldn’t help but notice Erica’s ample curvy assets just had to speak out about her on Facebook:

"Yes, you are a beautiful, curvy woman…but No ma'am you are singing the gospel of Jesus Christ," wrote pastor Stacey Woods on American Preacher. We compel men to come through our love for Jesus, but when we wear things that are distracting, the message is somehow lost and it becomes about us and not about Him,"

So what do you think? Is Erica’s photo inappropriate for a gospel artist?

Source: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/12/photo-is-mary-marys-erica-campbell.html

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by Eneze1(f): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
she is all covered up, but in my own opinion that cloth is too tight for a gospel artist

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by Akpangbon: 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
are you people God?

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by misep(f): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
The cloth is fine but its too tight.
Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hian. Do u want her to look like a deeper life woman? She has a nice shape no matter wat she puts on she will still look attractive.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by labaks(f): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
I like the dress, I'm a bornagain christain and would rock the same anytime. Of what use is a gospel artist who wears non-tight clothes and has the mind of a devil? God told us he doesn't look at what u put on or how u look. He says he judges our hearts. As long as she has one mind with God and she didn't wear it with this thought (amma kill those men wit this my outfit), she is good to go. Besides the story says it's for her album cover, not like she's parading the streets of America with it. Or she shldnt look good because she sings gospel? undecided
Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by labaks(f): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
labaks: I like the dress, I'm a bornagain christain and would rock the same anytime. Of what use is a gospel artist who wears non-tight clothes and has the mind of a devil? God told us he doesn't look at what u put on or how u look. He says he judges our hearts. As long as she has one mind with God and she didn't wear it with this thought (amma kill those men wit this my outfit), she is good to go. Besides the story says it's for her album cover, not like she's parading the streets of America with it. Or she shldnt look good because she sings gospel? undecided
Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by Revolva(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
omo i go toast her if i see am for road
Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by fruityjojo(f): 12:34am On Dec 17, 2013
labaks: I like the dress, I'm a bornagain christain and would rock the same anytime. Of what use is a gospel artist who wears non-tight clothes and has the mind of a devil? God told us he doesn't look at what u put on or how u look. He says he judges our hearts. As long as she has one mind with God and she didn't wear it with this thought (amma kill those men wit this my outfit), she is good to go. Besides the story says it's for her album cover, not like she's parading the streets of America with it. Or she shldnt look good because she sings gospel? undecided
Seriously your a born again christian! A born again christian & u know not these verses!
1 Timothy 2:9-10,
1 Corinthians 8:13,
Luke 17:1-4,
1 Corinthians 8:9.
These type of born again christian dey wa! Buh am d last person to judge any1, who am I 2 say who is or who is not!

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by labaks(f): 3:21am On Dec 17, 2013
Akpangbon: are you people God?
I'm seriously trying to figure out if they are God o

Ms_Steph: Hian. Do u want her to look like a deeper life woman? She has a nice shape no matter wat she puts on she will still look attractive.

Don't mind them. Maybe they want her to be wearing maternity gown all becos she sings gospel grin
fruityjojo:
Seriously your a born again christian! A born again christian & u know not these verses!
1 Timothy 2:9-10,
1 Corinthians 8:13,
Luke 17:1-4,
1 Corinthians 8:9.
These type of born again christian dey wa! Buh am d last person to judge any1, who am I 2 say who is or who is not!
Hmmmm!! Well said dear but whether my being born again is 'na wa o' or 'na come', why not leave that for God 2 judge? Like I earlier said, of what use is a christain who wears baggy clothes and have the heart of a devil? Please read mathew 23:28, Mathew 15:18-19 and u'd get my point. I know all them verses you pointed out but watever happen to 1sam 16:7? Jer 17:1?, Prov 20:27? Listen dear, God says: Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment. Know also, that God's ways are not our ways, and his values are not like ours..
In 1 peter 3:3-4, Understand that God doesn't say u should not dress/look good, He says you should not let all ur concern be all about ur looks but that u should have a non-corruptible hearts, which to God, is the most important thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should dress like LilKim or appear in public like Cossy Ojiakor all because u have a pure heart. My point is that this oufit is not bad and bdw, even if the outfit is too tight like some said, did u see her on a red carpet in it? She wore it to take a pic to use as her album cover. Common! And my dear, just as you concluded, always remember John 7:24.
God bless u....

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by thorpido(m): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2013
God gave us His word and showed us paths to follow and ways to order our lives.
That dress is too tight and is distracting.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by thorpido(m): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2013
labaks:
I'm seriously trying to figure out if they are God o

Don't mind them. Maybe they want her to be wearing maternity gown all becos she sings gospel grin

Hmmmm!! Well said dear but whether my being born again is 'na wa o' or 'na come', why not leave that for God 2 judge? Like I earlier said, of what use is a christain who wears baggy clothes and have the heart of a devil? Please read mathew 23:28, Mathew 15:18-19 and u'd get my point. I know all them verses you pointed out but watever happen to 1sam 16:7? Jer 17:1?, Prov 20:27? Listen dear, God says: Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment. Know also, that God's ways are not our ways, and his values are not like ours..
In 1 peter 3:3-4, Understand that God doesn't say u should not dress/look good, He says you should not let all ur concern be all about ur looks but that u should have a non-corruptible hearts, which to God, is the most important thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should dress like LilKim or appear in public like Cossy Ojiakor all because u have a pure heart. My point is that this oufit is not bad and bdw, even if the outfit is too tight like some said, did u see her on a red carpet in it? She wore it to take a pic to use as her album cover. Common! And my dear, just as you concluded, always remember John 7:24.
God bless u....
You need to understand that Scripture very well.God does not judge by outward appearance but by the hearts.It doesn't mean God does not look at the outward,it just means it is not the basis for judgement.
The outward is a reflection of the inward.Jesus said a man will bring out from the treasures of his heart(Matt.12:35).
Apostle Paul also spoke about the effects of our actions on the weak(Romans 14).She may not think much of it but young Christians seeing this may think they could dress anyhow they want and copy the Hollywood celebs since God looks only at the heart.
You said the picture was only for the album cover?That even makes it more inappropriate because one can keep a copy.Do you know there are guys who self-service to pictures of models or women on calenders/magazines?

5 Likes

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by fruityjojo(f): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2013
So if you are going in d wrong direction spiritually & an elder/pastor or ur parents correct you, Does dat make dem God? Or nobody has d right to correct?
@labaks I get your drift. Correcting & Criticizing & judging are three distint things! No1 is perfect! Many peeps take a simple steer in d right direction 2 be sm1 judging you.
Well sha at d end of d day all man 2 himself but as a christian becareful of your actions so they might not lead odas in2 sin. God bless you too.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2013
DAMN!

If I should see this chic in church, ah! I will get a raging hard-on.
Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by piratedcopy(m): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2013
people will always say something sha. Anyway end time tinz
Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 17, 2013
Wow! I love d dress... as for d question, Hmmmmm
Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by Ladybianca(f): 11:57am On Dec 17, 2013
i don't c anytin bad in dat dress.......she is all covered up
Re: Photo: Is Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Dress Too Sexy For A Gospel Singer? by farem: 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
[/color]
Austeenx: [color=orange]DAMN!

If I should see this chic in church, ah! I will get a raging hard-on.
The real Dark Target! Such dressing is a BIG DRAGNET. It drags men down than you think. The willing satanic female generals who are wearing this type are on the increase. The dangerous part of it is the born-agains still-borns christians are now aggressively, unknowingly, ignorantly recruited. WHILE THIS DRESS MAY HAVE SOME SUPPORT, MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY STANDARD AND THEY WILL BACK IT UP WITH SCRIPTURES (TO THERE OWN DAMNATION)!

(1) (Reply)

See List Of Wholesale Dealers In Onitsha Main Market / Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? / Peeking Thongs(G-strings) And undies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.