Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,555 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society (1427 Views)

Is Indecent Dressing D Cause Of Rape / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Olarewajub: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
The need to orient/educate individuals on the deleteriousity associated with indecent dressing has become more relevant in our present day Nigeria society than before; this is due to the fact that indecent dressing is deceitfully becoming one of our values. What are values? According to Cambridge advanced learner dictionary; "Value is the belief people have about what is right and wrong and what is most important in life, which control their behaviour". With this definition, it can be sentimented logically that indecent dressing is not suppose to be the value of a society. Though we know that value varies from one society to another, indecent dressing is still yet not a appreciable value in any society. Today in Nigeria, the average Nigerian aggitate to dress indecently neglecting/ignoring the fact that indecent dressing is one of the high moral decadeness challenging humanity.

The Oxford Learners Dictionary defined indecent dressing as "the CRIME of intentionally exposing ones sexual organs in public.
CRIME: A shameful or deplorable action that constitutes a serious offence against an individual and is punishable by law.
Analysing the above definition, it is logical to potray that indecent dressing is a crime, and not only to oneself but also a crime to humanity..

How do you think you look like with your cleavage and thighs or your dirty faded boxers exposed? You think you look sexy and cute; you are the happening "G". No! I don't think so, you are only blinded with moral decadeness and fashion.
Indecent dressing is usually concern with the men exposing their faded boxers, while that of the female counterpart involve exposed cleavages and thighs which tend to be hazardous especially in various towns and city.

A conventional definition of the term "indecent dressing" is any dress that is worn by an individual and has the ability of pre-dispose another individual to hazard and also has the potential of polluting the mind.
Desist from dressing indecently.

REASONS WHY PEOPLE DRESS INDECENTLY

1. To look cute and sexy.
2. To cause confussion. It's no longer news that some females dress to kill while some male in their own path dress to expose their boxers and their six pack .
4. To blend with the latest trend of fashion.
5. To promote moral/social decadeness.

An individual is not suppose to dress like a prisoner or prostitute. It is an undisputable fact that one can dress decently and still look cute and sexy. Sagging are meant for prisoners, while exposing of body part are meant for prostitute.
Remember that your dress is your address and also, you will be address by the way you dress because you can be mistaken for a tout/ex-convict or even a prostitute just because of your appearance.

PS: Dress Responsibly.

http://blevopedia./2013/12/16/indecent-dressing-in-our-contemporary-society/
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by tpia5: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
those types go fear aging the way ice fears sunshine.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
Rubbish!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
Chillisauce: Rubbish!
of the highest order.thank God i didnt waste my time on this piece of crap.smh

next please
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by bjtinz: 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
Chillisauce: Rubbish!

of course its rubbish. Wen u ladies dress in rags and guys treat u as rags, u start complaining

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
bjtinz:

of course its rubbish. Wen u ladies dress in rags and guys treat u as rags, u start complaining
lmao.this boy sabi rap sha grin
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Prymestrr(m): 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
[size=16pt]wat da f*ck!!!
Diz epistle looks lyk a damn article usually penned 4 100 level speech presentation in my good ol' university.
Op i'm tempted 2 say... #Rubbish# [/size]
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Prymestrr(m): 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
bjtinz:

[size=18pt]hahahahahah... Took d words right outta my mouth bro.
As an ol' saying goes... "the measure you give is the measure you get" [/size]
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Olarewajub: 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:
[size=16pt]wat da f*ck!!!
Diz epistle looks lyk a damn article usually penned 4 100 level speech presentation in my good ol' university.
Op i'm tempted 2 say... #Rubbish# [/size]
Thanks. I'm going to work on myself.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Prymestrr(m): 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
Olarewajub:
Thanks. I'm going to work on myself.
[size=16pt]It's all good boss! U go on ahead n do that.
Better luck next time [/size]
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Olarewajub: 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

[size=16pt]It's all good boss! U go on ahead n do that.
Better luck next time [/size]
Whats actually wrong with the story?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Prymestrr(m): 11:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
Olarewajub:
Whats actually wrong with the story?
[size=16pt]Now boss... Was ur write-up meant 2 be d bolded or an educating articleundecided [/size]
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Olarewajub: 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

[size=16pt]Now boss... Was ur write-up meant 2 be d bolded or an educating articleundecided [/size]
Educating...
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Prymestrr(m): 12:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Olarewajub:
Educating...
[size=16pt]But u made d mistake of presenting a partially boring n unnecessary long story rather than a well thought out, well articulated, original, morally educative n relatively short article. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Olarewajub: 12:31am On Dec 17, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

[size=16pt]But u made d mistake of presenting a partially boring n unnecessary long story rather than a well thought out, well articulated, original, morally educative n relatively short article. [/size]
Thanks bro.
Compliment of the season.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Our Contemporary Society by Prymestrr(m): 12:40am On Dec 17, 2013
Olarewajub:
Thanks bro.
Compliment of the season.
[size=16pt]U're welcome boss!
Best wishes in all future endeavors! [/size]

(1) (Reply)

Wedding: Public Or Private Event? / Adoption / On The Issue Of lifepartners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.