Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Is Christmas,easter Et Al Rightly Celebrated? Help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christmas,easter Et Al Rightly Celebrated? Help (398 Views)

How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated / Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? / Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Christmas,easter Et Al Rightly Celebrated? Help by Yahoo1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
Big brothers in Christ,i have a little problem,here it goes;

This evening i asked a friend what she will be giving me for Christmas,she asked me what Christmas is,what it signifies and most importantly that i should prove Christmas is rightly celebrated,if i can do this she will give ne anything i want for Christmas then.

At first i wanted the "BLANK CHEQUE GIFT ISH", after giving her the definition of Christmas,she said it is not in the bible,neither is Easter,that it is just fabricated because Jesus never said Christians should celebrate this days,the only day Jesus commemorated as a day of celebration of any sort was "Passover" and she referred me to LUKE 22 verse 19 and 20.

so i came up with a logic,

The churches out there,were they commemorated by Jesus as a place of worship? deeper life,Sabath,Cerubim and Seraphim,Jehova witness,...etc....did Jesus say d church shuld b divided?

Did Jesus say all dis churches be opened in his name?....

Did Jesus anoint the men calling themselves man of God and presiding ova doz churches?

Why wia they opened up? Fo selfish purpose i guess,my point being,the same holy spirit that guided the writing of the Bible might have guided the inking of Easter,Xmas et-al as days of Christian holidays......unless u blive all this churches that are opened in the name of Christ are a farce bc they dont exist in the Bible.

her final Bible reference was 2 Corinthians 10:4-6

it might be a very Lame argument,but the firl was backing up her point and i had to do something shaa!

so make una help me prove her wrong ooo,Christianity should not be a competition,but i don't want her to have one over me!.....if there is anything as ....EXTRA STRONG,STRONG,AVERAGE STRONG nd WEAK CHRISTIAN, then i fall under the WEAK ONE, which means she don dey confuse me and i don dey believe...so if you insult me,i wont take it personal.

she is a Jehova witness btw.

(1) (Reply)

A MUST-READ New Year Story For All Nairalanders. / Are We Scared Of The Laws In The bible Or What. / Lie Is Lie,whether Told Anonymously Or Openly!verbally Or Written Electronically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.