Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks (751 Views)

Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In / A White Man Mentality Vs. Nigerian Mentality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks by SpicyMimi(f): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
I sometimes ponder, like wonder and most times marvel while trying to unravel some certain mysteries surrounding the average Nigerian's mentality. Let us a take a look into the write-ups of some people for example, I laugh when I see and just scan through some people's supposed words of wisdom...they simply just fail to understand, that it is not the amount of grammar u use while trying to convey a message that emphasizes the point, but the simple manner u use in presenting it...why do we always want to make the messenger known better than the message? I do not blame them though, because an average Nigerian with our in-built mindset would want to look, sound and most importantly feel smart, when in reality he has close to nothing upstairs. This is a simple question, though it might be difficult for those in question...why on earth would I want to confuse my reader with words he probably haven't heard of, while trying to convey a simple message? Is it because I want to feel that ample pride that comes from seeing a long list of comments (mumu, not contributions) from intimidated simple Nigerians saying 'Nice write-up bro' when they don't even grasp what you were saying in the very first paragraph? Or do I want to follow after that honorable's foot-steps(it is a pitiable pisma disma...?) I think the real question is this...Why do I write at all? To impress myself? To impress you? Or to simply convey and share wonderful treasures hidden in me with all?...Senai.

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks by somito121(m): 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
to simply show his ignorance...
Re: The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks by papindinho(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Well it's a sure bait to get attention na, what do you think? cheesy
Re: The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks by SpicyMimi(f): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
papindinho: Well it's a sure bait to get attention na, what do you think? cheesy
lool that's right...
Re: The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks by SpicyMimi(f): 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
;
Re: The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks by kachiz(m): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hon. patrick the douchebaga.
he never understands that he is talking nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

.................................. / A Open Letter To "The Headies Award Organisers 2013 / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.