Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin (2416 Views)

Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman / The President Lied! By Yinka Odumakin / The Niger Delta And The Orkar Coup: By Capt Tolofari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2013
Afenifere chieftain, Mr. Yinka Odumakin has described Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s 18-page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan as nothing but the manifest of a coup in the making.
Odumakin who spoke on Channels Television said the content of the letter suggests that the generals including Obasanjo and Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, Gen. T.Y, Danjuma whom he copied have met to piece their thoughts together, warning that Nigerians must take their destiny into their hands and not allow Obasanjo and the other generals to drag the country into another military era.

“All they try to do since 1996, they take the country and resolve it their own ways; we should not allow that to happen. Nigerians must take charge of their country. We must not allow Babangida and his group of generals to provide solution to this country. They want to seize our tomorrow. These coup people when they come, they make their good speech and when they come, they do worse. Don’t allow, Obasanjo and Babangida to take our destiny. Nigeria must stand on their feet and take their destiny in their own hands”, he said.

He said the military is usually very good in pointing out errors but end up becoming worst than ever. For him, Obasanjo is good at manipulating events in his interest pointing out that the Abeokuta general does nothing in the interest of the nation but for selfish reasons.

While urging the President to react to the allegations which he described as grievous, he added that Nigeria is in grave danger if the allegations are true. He described the letter as an attempt by Obasanjo to launder his image, adding that for every finger Obasanjo pointed to Jonathan, the rest four fingers point back at him.

He noted that Obasanjo squandered billions on his third time agenda and that Obasanjo who assured the generals who brought him forward to run as President that he would do only one term as condition to run reneged on his vow only to run for a second term and attempt a third term, wondering why he is championing integrity when he lacked none.

“Obasanjo’s actions are always predicated on ulterior motives, Soldiers catch in on the mood of the nation to hatch an agenda”, he said adding that the way attacks on the President occurred suggest that Nigerians are being programmed ahead for an eventuality, with Tambuwal kicking off the attack, followed by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi only to be rounded up with Obasanjo’s letter, he said and warned the nation to be weary of the grand plot.

He said that nobody knows what happened in the NNPC during the eight year that Obasanjo held sway as President having made himself Petroleum Minister. On allegations of killer squad, the Afenifere chieftain, said the same felon, Obasanjo is accusing Jonathan of using was used by Obasanjo against Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

He explained that it was while Obasanjo was in power that former Attorney General of the Federation, Chief Bola Ige was killed, and he did nothing about it in addition to Marshall Harry, and Dikibo adding that the letter may be a pandora box to launch an inquiry into some of the murder in the past up to Dele Giwa.

He said that Obasanjo had close to nothing while he was seeking office only to amass stupendous wealth after eight years on the throne, with a university to crown it up.

He said it is an irony that Obasanjo and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who called themselves thieves on television as a result of fraud in the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) have become allies in speaking about corruption. He said Nigeria will be in great trouble if they allow Obasanjo to become the heart of the nation.

He said the motive of the letter is suspect adding that Obasanjo’s letter will not set Nigeria on the right part. He said the letter was the handiwork of former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fanikayode. Also speaking, the former aviation minister said Obasanjo’s letter signified the end of the Jonathan regime, calling on Nigerians to look beyond the messenger

http://starconnectmedia.com/2013/12/14/grand-plot-obasanjos-manifest-of-a-coup-by-yinka-odumaki/

10 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Clerverly: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2013
If na my brothers now, dem go call you a traitor for daring to have a differing view!

Insincere 9igerian, how market? I understand what you are passing through. Money no easy to come by! The yoruba people u dey abuse everyday has suddenly become your source of relief cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by KenJak(m): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2013
Ok
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2013
While urging the President to react to the allegations which he described as grievous, he added that Nigeria is in grave danger if the allegations are true.

That's only sensible part of his talk, the rest is utter rubbish.

Mr. Goodluck Corrupt Jonathan should provide a comprehensive response to OBJ's apprehensive observations and allegations.

6 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by chi3280(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2013
Yinka Odumakin is another sycophant in the making. Is he seeking for a political appointment from Jonathan or is there something he's trying to achieve?
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by slimghost(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2013
Clerverly: If na my brothers now, dem go call you a traitor for daring to have a differing view!

Insincere 9igerian, how market? I understand what you are passing through. Money no easy to come by! The yoruba people u dey abuse everyday has suddenly become your source of relief cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stop claiming to be Igbo, we know who you are.

5 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by vedaxcool(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Prof Corruption:

That's only sensible part of his talk, the rest is utter rubbish.

Mr. Goodluck Corrupt Jonathan should provide a comprehensive response to OBJ's apprehensive observations and allegations.

Approved!, OP do the needful!
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2013
A nairalander had this opinion last week but his thread was deleted. Now watch this make front page. Why nairaland has the utmost disdain for the opinion of its members, I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Clerverly: If na my brothers now, dem go call you a traitor for daring to have a differing view!

I have no problem with yoruba people. The people I have problem with are Tinubu slaves like you and I know you'r not yoruba. Chris Ngige, Joe Igbokwe et al are all Tinubu slaves and they'r not yorubas. Meanwhile, Face the topic.

11 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Clerverly: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2013
slimghost:

Stop claiming to be Igbo, we know who you are.

It is even mentally depressing, having you as my brother sad sad angry Onye ngbu!

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: A nairalander had this opinion last week but his thread was deleted. Now watch this make front page. Why nairaland has the utmost disdain for the opinion of its members, I don't know.
That is the irony of NL and an issue Seun must address.

2 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by tosan200(m): 9:11am On Dec 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I have no problem with yoruba people. The people I have problem with are Tinubu slaves like you and I know you'r not yoruba. Chris Ngige, Joe Igbokwe et al are all Tinubu slaves and they'r not yorubas. Meanwhile, Face the topic.
And you are baba peace slave.
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by slimghost(m): 9:15am On Dec 17, 2013
Clerverly:

It is even mentally depressing, having you as my brother sad sad angry Onye ngbu!

Of course no brother of mine would dare reason like you. Better accept your roots before it is too late.

8 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by slimghost(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2013
Yinka Odumakin captured it so well. Only idiots and self serving apes would believe the sincerity behind Obasanjo's letter. It's now obvious that the man is attacking GEJ because he has lost control of the man. That is a welcome development because no sane Nigerian would want an OBJ puppet as a president.

11 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by 99100(m): 10:11am On Dec 17, 2013
To obj, 'majority' of Nigerians are wiser thus not easily fooled like in the past. You had the chance to transform this milky great 'nation' but choosed the opposite.u are a shameless and disgusting old fool and deserved to be stoned for trying to taint the image of Nigerians best president.

3 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2013
It is a fact beyond contention that Obasanjo's motives are far from altruistic. Like others who exist in the background waiting for the right moment to pounce, his disenfranchisement as the "alpha and omega" of Nigerian politics, in recent years, is partly what informs this 18-page letter.

Having acknowledged the foregoing, do Nigerians have a right to expect a credible response from the Presidency which disabuses minds about the grave allegations made? Absolutely! At a time when there are hawkish elements encircling, and with an eye fixed on other truncated democratic processes, nothing short of a point-by-point rebuttal will do.

OBJ’s Letter: Presidency Must Respond To Allegations – Odumakin

The spokesman of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin on Friday called on President Goodluck Jonathan to respond to allegations made against him in former president Olusegun Obasanjo’s open letter which has caused a nation-wide outrage. He also called for a thorough examination into Obasanjo’s motive in writing the 18 page letter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnMk6d6cMZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUA2TqIDFQ

“We need to hear the presidency on the content of the letter; some allegations that have been raised are very grievous and if its true Nigeria is in danger”.

Speaking on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, Mr. Odumakin mentioned that “in terms of the allegations, we must look at them critically, I agree with Obasanjo that Jonathan is not doing anything about corruption, if he is, Obasanjo won’t have mentioned it”.

However, Mr Odumakin questioned Obasanjo’s 8 year regime as president and minister of petroleum, adding that activities of the NNPC during his tenure remain hazy.

Referring to Obj’s letter, Mr. Odumakin accused Obasanjo of not doing anything when a seating Attorney General was killed (Bola Ige).

“There was nothing that was done to bring the killers of Bola Ige to book,” he said.

Over the years, several murders have been linked to the state and are yet to be resolved, he said, adding that “If Obasanjo is making these allegations to the presidency, then the president owes the nation an explanation”.

According to Odumakin, the controversial letter marks the beginning of a fact-finding phase for Nigerians as “the link between Nigerian states and the killings of citizens” will be made known.

Source

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by DahomeyAmazon(f): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2013
eGuerrilla: It is a fact beyond contention that Obasanjo's motives are far from altruistic. Like others who exist in the background waiting for the right moment to pounce, his disenfranchisement as the "alpha and omega" of Nigerian politics, in recent years, is partly what informs this 18-page letter.

Having acknowledged the foregoing, do Nigerians have a right to expect a credible response from the Presidency which disabuses minds about the grave allegations made? Absolutely! At a time when there are hawkish elements encircling, and with an eye fixed on other truncated democratic processes, nothing short of a point-by-point rebuttal will do.

Source
I just love this eGuerrilla guy, I like proofs and counter proofs

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Jman06(m): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2013
People like Odumakin have changed my views about yorubas. I had thought that all of them are as daft as Tinubu and his APC e-rats.

4 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
OBJ and his fellow owners of Nigeria are scared that Jonathan might not STOP Nigeria from disintegrating.

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Omexonomy: 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Jman06: People like Odumakin have changed my views about yorubas. I had thought that all of them are as daft as Tinubu and his APC e-rats.
i have insulted and assulted yoruba peeps to much on this forum and i ask for forgiveness. I thaugt they are all thieves and smelling mouth peeps like tinubu and his e-rats.

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by cyril10(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Thank God that our brothers from the west are now coming out to speak the truth about the motive of these mod slingers. The messenger and the message are on point.

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Jman06(m): 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omexonomy: i have insulted and assulted yoruba peeps to much on this forum and i ask for forgiveness. I thaugt they are all thieves and smelling mouth peeps like tinubu and his e-rats.
lol.. It's good that some of them are changing our views now.
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Peterwins(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
Afenifere chieftain, Mr. Yinka Odumakin has described Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s 18-page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan as nothing but the manifest of a coup in the making.

A coup will probably lead to a counter-coup and more counter-coups and a final closure on the country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
chi 3280: Yinka Odumakin is another sycophant in the making. Is he seeking for a political appointment from Jonathan or is there something he's trying to achieve?
the message not the messenger.
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Peterwins(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
He noted that Obasanjo squandered billions on his third time agenda and that Obasanjo who assured the generals who brought him forward to run as President that he would do only one term as condition to run reneged on his vow only to run for a second term and attempt a third term, wondering why he is championing integrity when he lacked none.

Perhaps Obasanjo thinks that discerning Nigerians are suffering from amnesia.

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Peterwins(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
he said adding that the way attacks on the President occurred suggest that Nigerians are being programmed ahead for an eventuality, with Tambuwal kicking off the attack, followed by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi only to be rounded up with Obasanjo’s letter, he said and warned the nation to be weary of the grand plot.

The online lynching of the President was well coordinated and very suspicious.

1 Like

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
Issorai
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Peterwins(m): 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
He said that nobody knows what happened in the NNPC during the eight year that Obasanjo held sway as President having made himself Petroleum Minister.

....and he (OBJ) gave an oil block to a hairdresser.
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Peterwins(m): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
On allegations of killer squad, the Afenifere chieftain, said the same felon, Obasanjo is accusing Jonathan of using was used by Obasanjo against Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

The killer squad (snipers) allegation against the President (GEJ) was really a turn-off. The country trains special ops officers in different countries overseas including countries where Abacha must have trained some officers while he was President. As the boko-haram crisis rages on in the country (North-East in particular), it is not unexpected that some security officers will be sent to secret and special military and counter-insurgency trainings.

2 Likes

Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Peterwins(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
He explained that it was while Obasanjo was in power that former Attorney General of the Federation, Chief Bola Ige was killed, and he did nothing

And Obasanjo is quick to accuse the President (GEJ) of condoning injustice.
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Peterwins(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
He said that Obasanjo had close to nothing while he was seeking office only to amass stupendous wealth after eight years on the throne, with a university to crown it up.

Perhaps he (OBJ) got a bank loan to finance the University. Otherwise ..........!!!!!
Re: Grand Plot: Obasanjo's Manifest Of A Coup- By Yinka Odumakin by Peterwins(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
He said it is an irony that Obasanjo and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who called themselves thieves on television as a result of fraud in the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) have become allies in speaking about corruption

The records are still available.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Was The Nigerian National Council Of State Created? / Islamic Miseducation Is The Cause Of Islamic Terrorism / Letters Written Two Hundred Yrs Ago By Euro-jewish Rabbis Addressed To The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.