Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman (23899 Views)

Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. / The President Lied! By Yinka Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Goddex: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2013
The Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, has distanced witself from comments by Yinka Odumakin who recently condemned the governors elected on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN for being corrupt. It would be recalled that Odumakin, who happens to be Buhari's spokesman said as follows;

“Between 1999 and now, I’ve related at close quarters with most actors in the Yoruba political space at close quarters and I know the weaknesses and strengths of all.

“I can tell you authoritatively that the most dangerous and terrible tendency in Yoruba politics is the house of deceit that Tinubu represents.

“Only those who have sold their souls will ignore this fact … There has never been any such greedy bunch in our nation- not under “Demo” or even PDP.

“I took Akala before EFCC in 2010 for awarding roads at N50m per km in all the LGs in Oyo state. Today your Asiwaju is collecting N1b per km across South West.

“When Tinubu turned “60″ ACN states contributed N1b for a bash, nobody tried that in Yorubaland before.

“Chief Adebanjo was chairman of AD in 1999 and not one relation of his got a ticket unlike your Tinubu whose wife is a senator,son in law a Rep, Sister in law a House member in Lagos and daughter now Iyaloja via imposition .

“Your grouse with the old men may be for reasons you have not stated but you know they are far more honorable than a million Bola Tinubu.”

Odumakin had also courageously asked the River State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, who is having a romance with the ACN to either defect to the opposition or reconcile with the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. Odumakin had said “We think he is the cause of some of these crises. If he wants to defect to the opposition, let him do so. He cannot continue to use the platform of PDP to hold the party to ransom and think there will be no crisis. Most of the people who are supporting him from the opposition will not tolerate this kind behaviour from any of their members.”

But the CPC seeking to salvage its already fledgling merger with the ACN governors haS taken offense with Odumakin's statement and have released their own statement condemning him. The party said;

"ACN GOVERNORS: Odumakin’s views are not Buhari’s!"

Our attention has been drawn to a Nigerian Pilot newspaper story of Wednesday, July 17, 2013 captioned: ACN governors are corrupt – Buhari. In the story, the Newspaper’s correspondent, writing from Port-Harcourt in Rivers State, stated that Mr. Yinka Odumakin made the sweeping allegations. Therein, the Newspaper alluded to this statement by Mr. Yinka Odumakin as representing General Muhammadu Buhari’s. We wish to state categorically that nothing can be farther from the truth! As a matter of fact, Mr. Yinka Odumakin has not functioned as the spokesman for General Muhammadu Buhari since 2011, shortly after the disposal of the CPC’s Presidential petition at the Supreme Court!

As a Party, we are not unaware of the mischief embedded in the reporting that was meant to achieve very politically capricious purposes. We do not know whose interests the reporters... and the Newspaper are serving. But let it be stated that, much as the said story was embarrassing to our amiable National leader, General Muhammadu Buhari, we wish to disabuse the minds of our friends, teeming supporters and merger partners that this hogwash was a cynical display of unprofessional journalism. For the umpteenth time, we hereby state that the views expressed in the story were Mr. Yinka Odumakin’s and not representing that of General Muhammadu Buhari.

Our National leader, General Muhammadu Buhari, respected for nobility and enviable character traits, is far removed from the grotesque characterization of frivolity by the reporters of the Nigerian Pilot Newspapers. We advise the Management of the Nigerian Pilot Newspaper to be guided by enviable journalistic practice in future endeavours.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Rotimi Fashakin (Engr.)
National Publicity Secretary, CPC.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-cpc-slams-odumakin-over-acn-corruption-accusation-say-he-does-not-speak-for-buhari

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by duality(m): 11:59am On Jul 18, 2013
Rotimi Fashakin can say all he like to preserve their political image. The fact remains that the blunt truth was said by Yinka. Even political sycophants know this.

58 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Dreal1247: 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
Where are the statesmen? Mandela is being celebrated 2day. Who are we going to celebrate in Nigeria? Everybody is fighting for either political importance or his belly, unfortunately, they will end up with BREAD OF SORROW. God will surely deliver Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by texaco1: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Let's see how acn e-fighters wriggle out of this one

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Odumakin has spoken the truth, he simply said what Buhari and co. are afraid to say to Tinubu. Yinka was purely objective in his assertions. If Tinubu and ACN shud ever hold federal power then i bet u they will turn this country into their private estate just like what is happening in lagos.I wonder why this hasn't hit the front page...

29 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Geomac: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mr Yinka, you got it wrong this time, do you think it is easy for the ACN governors to source asphalt from heaven? The materials used for ACN states roads' construction are millions of miles away, I still believe that 1billion naira is not too much for a kilometer.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by samuelkaykay(m): 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dear Mr Odumakin you are highly welcome to PDP,you deserve a chieftaincy title.TRUTH HAS POWER!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by PapaBrowne(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yinka Odumakin spoke the truth.

Buhari is hungry for power and doesn't want to offend Tinubu..

The same south west politicians who scream "corruption in Abuja" are the same people who consume a chunk of the funds accruing to thier states.
Tinubu is screwing Lagos and other south west states dry and Yinka Odumakin, a fellow opposition politician has spoken as is. 1 Billion Naira per kilometer of intra city roads happens only in the south west.

Notwithstanding, I prefer thieves to terrorists.
Tinubu is a thief.
Buhari is a terrorist.
I will go with Tinubu anyday over Buhari.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by dirifred(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Poor Buhari, too despirate for power. see who wants to fight curruption in Nigeria, God help those who still believe in this disgraceful despirado.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
PapaBrowne: Yinka Odumakin spoke the truth.

Buhari is hungry for power and doesn't want to offend Tinubu..

The same south west politicians who scream "corruption in Abuja" are the same people who consume a chunk of the funds accruing to thier states.
Tinubu is screwing Lagos and other south west states dry and Yinka Odumakin, a fellow opposition politician has spoken as is. 1 Billion Naira per kilometer of intra city roads happens only in the south west.

Notwithstanding, I prefer thieves to terrorists.
Tinubu is a thief.
Buhari is a terrorist.
I will go with Tinubu anyday over Buhari.

I dont know if your just ignorant or daft. Re-read your own post and see how you just bounced from wall to wall like a looney in a straight jacket confined to a padded room.

May the hate and tribalism which you breathe and live for eventually consume you.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
And i still ask, why is this not on the frontpage or is it because it doesn't favour APC? Seun it appears you are becoming increasingly biased, it is not fair....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by PapaBrowne(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
kingoflag:

I dont know if your just ignorant or daft. Re-read your own post and see how you just bounced from wall to wall like a looney in a straight jacket confined to a padded room.

May the hate and tribalism which you breathe and live for eventually consume you.

I usually wouldn't respond to your type. But I'll give you the benefit of doubt...

Hate and Tribalism?? How? Because I mentioned the south west?? Is Odumakin also filled with hate and tribalism against his own tribe? Isn't Tinubu in control of the south west? Isn't Tinubu the biggest of all the political thieves per capita in Nigeria?

Again, notwithstanding Tinubu's ills, I reiterate the fact that I prefer thieves to terrorists. I will choose a Tinubu anyday over a Buhari.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by vizboy(m): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pot calling kettle black.

That is the action of APC TO PDP.

Either way they are all the same theives and pen robbers.

The Devil I know is far better than the angel I dont know.

@mods why is this topic not on fp yet.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Topic.

The day one of the fans of GEJ/PDP can present themselves to defend, with facts , the glib saying "ACN is same as/worse than the PDP" will be the day I accept that Nairaland has GEJ/PDP fans as some of the politically sophisticated members of the forum able to defend their arguments with facts. As it is, the reality is that most GEJ/PDP fans are just like market gossips who deal in conjecture however ridiculous such sound.

They only excel at clannishly jumping behind anything negative stated about the opposition without inspecting such for facts.

Here, Oduamkin is now favourite "truth teller" of some because he is antagonising the ACN and the enemy of their 'messiah' never mind that he is saying things that make no sense to built environment professionals. That he gets away with it and is called "truth teller" for such show the functional illiteracy bedevilling Nigeria.

“I took Akala before EFCC in 2010 for awarding roads at N50m per km in all the LGs in Oyo state. Today your Asiwaju is collecting N1b per km across South West.

N50 million per KM is £200,000 per km i.e £0.2 million. You can all go to the thread below, from skyscrapercity.com, to see informed contributors talking about cost per KM of road in Europe and the USA with estimates ranging from $3 million to many times that amount !!!! How can Odumakin say what pays homage to functional illiteracy and he is hailed as "telling the truth"?

To a sensible, informed and erudite person, Odumakin is on a character assassination mission and he is not doing a good job of such except of course to an audience of clannish messiah-worshippers who simply prefer to be deceived than to read. It is only in a parallel universe all roads, never mind terrain challenges and appendages (median, drainage and culverts, pavements et al), will cost under £200,000.00 as 'uber town-planner' Odumakin tells us. Next some butcher who hates the ACN will tell us modern rail lines are built for thousands of pounds and not the millions the ACN say it is spending - never mind such is supported by appropriate documents.

Can Odumakin not simply get a hold of a bill of quantities or similar to show the "fraud" he is going on about instead of just pulling any figure that comes to his head from the air?

Anyway, Odumakin and co, i.e disgruntled elements bitterly envious of what the ACN has achieved while they are effectively zeros in the SW, will never be short of unthinking and clannish fans for their diatribe that is long on bitterness yet short on simple logic. You guys should simply go and get a bill of quantities and prove your case factually. Same as his example of road construction "fraud" does not stand up to Professional/factual scrutiny is how it will be established Odumakin simply does not know what he is going on about with most of his petty and personalised rants.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1520537

In Kosovo there are built (completed) only 38 km of motorways, and under construction 22 more kilometers, that will be completed soon. Price is almost 8 million Euros for 1 km. Terrain is fifty-fifty plain-mountainous with few bridges, no tunnels. In this price are not calculated expropriations needed.

It is very interesting to know why the prices in Bulgaria are much cheaper than in other countries (some 2 million Euro for 1 km). Is the quality of motorways built in Bulgaria not that good, or Bulgarian authorities are honest and there is no corruption, or…

Norway:

Between 120 and 150 millions Norweigan kroner, or around 16 to 20 million Euros.

Source: http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...e#.T9ZGpZKr0gQ

A mile of freeway through an urban area costs approximately $39 million, while a mile of freeway through a rural area costs approximately $8 million.

in Croatia average is some 8-9 mil. €/km.

according to DARS, the average cost from 1994-2008 was 10,4mln € per km.

Spain: from 3,10 to 13,35 million €/km.

P.D.: The price doesn't include commission's for politicians. I should be no more than 5 ~ 10 % of the cost per km.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by ckkris: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
kingoflag: I dont know if your just ignorant or daft. Re-read your own post and see how you just bounced from wall to wall like a looney in a straight jacket confined to a padded room. May the hate and tribalism which you breathe and live for eventually consume you.
Is it not possible for some people to write without cursing?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by ckkris: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Gbawe defends his pay master shamelessly. Tinubu is one of the most CORRUPT PERSONS IN NIGERIA.

34 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
ckkris: Gbawe defends his pay master shamelessly. Tinubu is one of the most CORRUPT PERSONS IN NIGERIA.

Nothing to say to an illiterate like you other than to quote what I said earlier indicating that senseless and personalised utterance and bellicosity, that is devoid of fact, is all we can get from your kind. You simply do not come with anything other than clannish belligerence and you certainly will never have the ability to debunk the argument of others with logic, statistics and on-the-ground reality. Silly market gossiper.

The day one of the fans of GEJ/PDP can present themselves to defend, with facts , the glib saying "ACN is same as/worse than the PDP" will be the day I accept that Nairaland has GEJ/PDP fans as some of the politically sophisticated members of the forum able to defend their arguments with facts. As it is, the reality is that most GEJ/PDP fans are just like market gossips who deal in conjecture however ridiculous such sound.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Gbawe:

Nothing to say to an illiterate like you other than to quote what I said earlier indicating that senseless and personalised utterance and bellicosity ,that is devoid of fact, is all we can get from your kind. You simply do not come with anything other than clannish belligerence and you certainly will never have the ability to debunk the argument of others with logic, statistics and on-the-ground reality. Silly market gossiper.

@Gbawe, I am very sure ur master Tinubu paid u handsomely to do such a research on d cost of roads and u come here to post inflated figures, well i wonder how much time u spent doing that, oh let me guess...its what Tinubu pays u to do...am nt surprised u had the guts to call the factual contributions of pple on this thread a gossip. Ur Tinubu has made a name for himself in the art of corruption,take it or leave it and mind u there enough glaring evidence to take him down, am only appalled at the lack of political will of both present and past administration to tackle corruption...so gbawe u may want to shut ur crap or u can go ahead to post rubbish, only ill-informed nigerians will digest the jargons and inflated figures u posted above....i was made to understand that Tinubu pays u to polish and shine his image on NL, well go ahead dumb a§§ ....

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by dlight1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
Odumakin is only repeating the obvious. It is only a deluded mind that does not know Tinubu is such a greedy, self-centred politician. I still wonder why people in ACN-governed states find it difficult to realize this hard truth. A man whose party practices a dictatorship politics where only candidates endorsed by him can emerge as the party's flagbearer and never ceases to find fault with opposition parties, the CPC itself knows this but will have to protect their own interest. Tinubu is just a wolf parading himself as an angel

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
domcarez:
@Gbawe, I am very sure ur master Tinubu paid u handsomely to do such a research on d cost of roads and u come here to post inflated figures, well i wonder how much time u spent doing that, oh let me guess...its what Tinubu pays u to do...am nt surprised u had the guts to call the factual contributions of pple on this thread a gossip. Ur Tinubu has made a name for himself in the art of corruption,take it or leave it and mind u there enough glaring evidence to take him down, am only appalled at the lack of political will of both present and past administration to tackle corruption...so gbawe u may want to shut ur crap or u can go ahead to post rubbish, only ill-informed nigerians will digest the jargons and inflated figures u posted above....i was made to understand that Tinubu pays u to polish and shine his image on NL, well go ahead dumb a§§ ....

How will there be hope for Nigeria with many of her citizens clannish feudalists happy to run around in ignorance? Hate people all you want but defer to facts and stop pandering to sentiments, emotions and bias primitively like a cave man. You only demean your Country with such neanderthal behavior.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Garrithe1st: 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
ckkris: Gbawe defends his pay master shamelessly. Tinubu is one of the most CORRUPT PERSONS IN NIGERIA.

Abeg sharrap dia.

Facts and figures have been presented to you, yet you keep spewing shyte from the thing you call a head. I sorry for your life!!

Disprove the facts presented or go shove your empty head in your pit latrine...

cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Garrithe1st: 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
d light: Odumakin is only repeating the obvious. It is only a deluded mind that does not know Tinubu is such a greedy, self-centred politician. I still wonder why people in ACN-governed states find it difficult to realize this hard truth. A man whose party practices a dictatorship politics where only candidates endorsed by him can emerge as the party's flagbearer and never ceases to find fault with opposition parties, the CPC itself knows this but will have to protect their own interest. Tinubu is just a wolf parading himself as an angel

Abeg park your face since nothing sensible seems to come out of your flat head. People in ACN states may not like Tinubu, but they definitely realize that they owe him a debt of gratitude for his role in chasing out the killer party from the SW. This ensured that the era of "Ogogoro and Palmwine" ends in the south west.

So stop weeping louder than the bereaved and start weeping for your state which is being looted blind by your "village illiterate governor"..

cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I usually wouldn't respond to your type. But I'll give you the benefit of doubt...

Hate and Tribalism?? How? Because I mentioned the south west?? Is Odumakin also filled with hate and tribalism against his own tribe? Isn't Tinubu in control of the south west? Isn't Tinubu the biggest of all the political thieves per capita in Nigeria?

Again, notwithstanding Tinubu's ills, I reiterate the fact that I prefer thieves to terrorists. I will choose a Tinubu anyday over a Buhari.

Like I said: YOURE A DUMMY! I wonder who the im*becile is that pays you to come attempt to spew propaganda up here. They really believe you can convince anyone? Wow, its surprising to note that there are people even more foo*lish than you on the planet; even more surprising is the fact that they are your bosses.

Clown, go back to my post. I did not comment on the issue at hand (the article) instead, I concentrated on your seemingly mentally unstable way of bouncing from topic to topic in less than 3 paragraphs, thereby losing your intended audience and ending up not making an atom of sense in your whole diatribe. But, as usual, youre too dense in the head to notice that and instead all you saw was "Tribe" like the typical jungle African you are.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
d light: Odumakin is only repeating the obvious. It is only a deluded mind that does not know Tinubu is such a greedy, self-centred politician. I still wonder why people in ACN-governed states find it difficult to realize this hard truth. A man whose party practices a dictatorship politics where only candidates endorsed by him can emerge as the party's flagbearer and never ceases to find fault with opposition parties, the CPC itself knows this but will have to protect their own interest. Tinubu is just a wolf parading himself as an angel

What "obvious" is he repeating? More like he is talking ignorantly while everyone praising his "truth-telling" only display their ignorance also and a sentimental outlook totally lacking in objectivity. This is how Odumakin and some Nigerian leader 'ALUU-nize' the mentality of Nigerians to work them up into a frenzy against other leaders they dislike and you guys are all easy to wind up because you will not seek facts. you are only seeking heroes and enemies and the utterance to confirm which is which. Odumakin wrote:

How much do you guys think Julius Berger has been charging Akpabio for some of the construction work they have done for him? Why did Odumakin not accuse Akpabio and Julius Berger of being crooks since the rate of Julius Berger Akpabio is happy to commission is nowhere near as low as the fictitious and ridiculously unrealistic figure Odumakin gave as an upper cut off for per/KM road construction cost?

Below is a road contract of N28 billion for a 12KM road. What do those sort of figures do to Odumakin's N50 million per KM claim? I am not asking you guys not to hate who you want. Do it intelligently and let us stop embarrassing Nigeria online. I go to the political blog of other Nations and they try to establish issues with facts. Here, most are just happy to be sentimental and comfortable speaking on lies that obviously make no logical sense.

Any dispassionate non-Nigerian, from all evidence, can immediately see Odumakin is on his own personal mudslinging agenda. Point is that you may not like the dog. fine. Yet when you tell an audience that a dog took a subway ride to reach an apartment block , took the lift to the 20th floor and then opened apartment 2200 with a key and made of with £2 million, then perhaps sensible people should look at the motivation behind your own incredible and unbelievable storytelling against the dog.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5253.html

Date Published: 07/18/11

Akpabio signs N28 Billion Naira Road Contract

Akwa Ibom State Government on Monday signed a contract of N28 Billion naira for the construction of the Third Ring Road that will traverse the state Capital .

The road contract was signed between the state Governor Chief Godswill Akpabio and Engineer Woltgang Goetsh the Managing Director of Julius Berger Company.

The first phase of the 12kms road of four lanes begins from the Olusegun Obasanjo way, Uyo and terminates at Oron road with a fly over for the first Phase.constructing

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Garrithe1st: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
The fools on this thread cannot even state what the average cost of constructing a kilometer of road in Nigeria is yet they jump about like drunk apes over a spurious claim by Yinka...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by emiye(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
Gbawe:

What "obvious" is he repeating? More like he is talking ignorantly while everyone praising his "truth-telling" only display their ignorance also and a sentimental outlook totally lacking in objectivity. This is how Odumakin and some Nigerian leader 'ALUU-nize' the mentality of Nigerians to work them up into a frenzy against other leaders they dislike and you guys are all easy to wind up because you will not seek facts. you are only seeking heroes and enemies and the utterance to confirm which is which. Odumakin wrote:

How much do you guys think Julius Berger has been charging Akpabio for some of the construction work they have done for him? Why did Odumakin not accuse Akpabio and Julius Berger of being crooks since the rate of Julius Berger Akpabio is happy to commission is nowhere near as low as the fictitious and ridiculously unrealistic figure Odumakin gave as an upper cut off for per/KM road construction cost?

Below is a road contract of N28 billion for a 12KM road. What do those sort of figures do to Odumakin's N50 million per KM claim? I am not asking you guys not to hate who you want. Do it intelligently and let us stop embarrassing Nigeria online. I go to the political blog of other Nations and they try to establish issues with facts. Here, most are just happy to be sentimental and comfortable speaking on lies that obviously make no logical sense.

Any dispassionate non-Nigerian, from all evidence, can immediately see Odumakin is on his own personal mudslinging agenda. Point is that you may not like the dog. fine. Yet when you tell an audience that a dog took a subway ride to reach an apartment block , took the lift to the 20th floor and then opened apartment 2200 with a key and made of with £2 million, then perhaps sensible people should look at the motivation behind your own incredible and unbelievable storytelling against the dog.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5253.html

Ah, Oga Gbawe, you are using facts and figure to deal with this mobs.

that Akwa ibom road costs almost N2.5billion per kilometre cheesy cheesy

Even the Lagos-Ibadan Express way will cost roughly N1.4billion per kilometre.

Odumakin is surely "loose-guarding", i guess he has a personal score to settle with tinubu and the ACN

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
emiye:

Ah, Oga Gbawe, you are using facts and figure to deal with this mobs.

that Akwa ibom road costs almost N2.5billion per kilometre cheesy cheesy

Even the Lagos-Ibadan Express way will cost roughly N1.4billion per kilometre.

Odumakin is surely "loose-guarding", i guess he has a personal score to settle with tinubu and the ACN

Indeed and this is why the CPC, in the official rebuttal against Odumakin, stated:

As a Party, we are not unaware of the mischief embedded in the reporting that was meant to achieve very politically capricious purposes.

We all know the plans of GEJ that involves destroying an "impenetrable and no go zone" from the inside using money and greedy elements mainly jaded and expired old men with no relevance and nowhere to go for the pension they are seeking. GEJ comes calling, with free cash. Why will they all not suddenly become political 'saints' all out to "save the SW from the evil ACN" never mind many said nothing when the region was a gangster paradise , Adedibu-style, courtesy of the PDP. UPN that was not resurrected when the SW was in its darkest days under the PDP is now the 'savior' under the ACN that, despite its faults, has been delivering projects the PDP flatly said no to because awon boyz have kept all the money States "cannot afford" such projects.

The crude agenda is to compromise many in the SW , Fasehun et al, and then turn these folks into PDP attack dogs against ACN plus ferment general unrest in a region that is regarded generally as electorally cohesive, comparatively peaceful and rancor-free.

From now on, we will read the desperate 'smear campaign' submission even a kid will see is just senseless mudslinging no educated adult should fall for. When Odunakin ridiculously claims all road construction should cost N50 million per KM while he foolishly accuses ACN of operating with rates which are "fraudulent" , even when reality show they are pretty standard and even cheap across Nigeria, what is the motivation behind such shameless slander and deception? Is Odumakin illiterate? All I will say is that we should all, as responsible citizens and hopefully informed and responsible voters, use facts as much as possible to be be in control of our own minds and thinking always.

In these days when power-brokers are seriously endangering the peace of Nigeria, the most useful tool Nigerians have is their power of objective and independent-minded thinking so we do not become 'ALUU tools' in the hands of compromised leaders with their own agenda they have been handsomely rewarded for.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/yenagoa-oporoma-ukubie-road-project-hangs-in-a-balance/

Though the project has since been abandoned due to allege lack of funding by the Federal Government, that of the Ogbia-Nembe being handled by NDDC and the Anglo-Dutch oil giant, Shell Petroleum Development Company is ongoing, but at snail speed while, the 42km Nembe-Brass which was awarded at N42bn, though cleared, had been abandoned.

For balance I even throw in the 14 kilometre George Bush highway in Accra, Ghana constructed for $173 million. Can someone do the math and currency conversion to give us a naira billion per KM rate?

http://www.gbcghana.com/index.php?id=1.783904

President Mills Commissions Tetteh Quarshie-Mallam Road
Comments ( 2 )

H.E. John Evans Atta Mills with former President John Agyekum Kufuor commissioning the project
President John Evans Atta Mills Wednesday afternoon commissioned the Tetteh Quarshie-Mallam Junction extension of the Motorway at Mallam junction in Accra.

The 14 kilometer stretch was constructed at a cost of 173 million dollars out of the 547 million dollars from the Millennium Challenge Corporation of US.

The three lane dual carriageway has been completed in 30 months.

The design of the project included the construction of Two Grade Separation Interchanges, at the Dimples and Mallam Junctions, six Footbridges, 23 Minor Junctions, Bicycle Lanes and two Transport Terminals at Kokroko, near Mallam and Abeka Lapaz.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
I just noticed on this thread that APC have increased their workforce of image makers...a set of silly,pathetic and mentally deranged pschopaths whose major responsibility is to brightly polish the indelible evil infested,corruption prone members of APC who are soooo desperate to hold power by all means, they claim to be progressives yet we have not seen any iota of such attitude,they claim to have internal democracy yet their demi-god (tinubu) has the final say......it is so disheartening that no one in the ACN hierachy have the nerves to question Tinubu's authoritative tendencies....APC my foot!. APC=ALL PSCHOS CONGRESS. .....rubbish!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hahaha....@gbawe, i see you are so good at ur job...so Odumakin has suddenly become a pdp dog? So whoever bares his mind objectively is a pdp dog? Am not surprised coz you all lack the guts to tell ur party leaders the truth...continue to languish in ur abject state of political oblivion and obscure ignorance...

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
domcarez: Hahaha....@gbawe, i see you are so good at ur job...so Odumakin has suddenly become a pdp dog? So whoever bares his mind objectively is a pdp dog? Am not surprised coz you all lack the guts to tell ur party leaders the truth...continue to languish in ur abject state of political oblivion and obscure ignorance...

Why don't you stop your show of illiteracy? Use facts and prove your case. Why do you think I asked if Odumakin is illiterate? If not a compromised mischief-maker and highly biased mudslinger , where does he get his rate of N50 million per kilometre rate for road construction? 1920 Nigeria?

He says Tinubu is collection N1 billion per km in the SW. Below is the N1.3 billion road contract for the 6-lane 2.4km Ita-Eko-Totori road , now beautifully completed by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC). Do the math buddy and tell us what the Per KM rate is. Please reply with facts or stop disturbing us here with your ignorance and illiteracy.

Simply show high quality roads being built today for the ludicrous amount Odumakin mentioned. No long thing. I have shown what the rate, supported by real examples, are. Prove your own case with fact and stop the senseless, emotional and perambulating talk that only confirm you are operating with a very small mind.

https://www.nairaland.com/745652/ogun-awards-six-lane-road-contract

By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji
August 26, 2011 02:13AM

The Ogun State government yesterday signed a contract with China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) for the construction of a six-lane road in Abeokuta, the state capital, in line with its determination to build infrastructure across the state.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Yusuph Olaniyonu, made this known in a statement in Abeokuta Thursday, adding that the road, stretching between Ibara Roundabout and Ita-Eko-Totoro Road in the town, is expected to be completed within eight months.

He said the construction will cost the state government ₦1.3 billion and will consist of six lanes, median with street lights, drainage systems, sidewalk as well as a green belt on either side of the road.

The Ogun State Executive Council had earlier this month approved the construction and rehabilitation of several roads, cutting across the state in line with the governor Ibikunle Amosun's infrastructure development and urban renewal agenda. The governor had expressed his displeasure with the derelict state of road network in the state and promised to repair them.

Speaking at the signing ceremony, the state Commissioner for Works, Lekan Adegbite, and his Permanent Secretary, Musendiq Oni signed the contract on behalf of the state government, while CCECC Project Manager, Cai Junjie and the company coordinator, Hao Fengbin, signed on behalf of CCECC.

Mr Adegbite described the signing ceremony as a milestone in the life of the present administration. "The policy thrust of this administration is to improve on the road infrastructure in the state," he said, adding that the present administration planned to modernise and make adequate provision to ease traffic flow and improve commercial activities in the state.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by UyiIredia(m): 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
Gbawe:

For balance I even throw in the 14 kilometre George Bush highway in Accra, Ghana constructed for $173 million. Can someone do the math and currency conversion to give us a naira billion per KM rate?

http://www.gbcghana.com/index.php?id=1.783904

I'll attempt it.

Assumptions: The 42-km road should be a dual-carriageway. The quoted distance is that of a single lane.

Total cost of Nembe-Brass express: #42 billion
Total cost of George Bush hoghway: #25.95 billion (using exhange rate of $1 to #150)

Total kilometres in Nembe-Brass express: 42 km
Total kilimetres in George Bush highway: 42 km (14km x 3 lanes)

Cost per km of Nembe-Brass express: #1 billion shocked
Cost per km of George Bush highway: #0.61 billion wink

It's obvious that the one Gbawe presented is less costly. The only excuse, if any, is that extremely harsh topological and weather factors increased costs. I doubt this.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 19, 2013
kingoflag:

amen!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Portal To Check Your Voter Card Details Online Easily / 2023 Presidency: In Supremacy Contest For Kano, Atiku, Tinubu Go Dirty / Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.