Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

"Who Made God?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Who Made God?" (1867 Views)

Understanding God 101: What If Man Made God / Man Made God In His Own Image? / This Man Made God Called God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2013
Someone Said: "Who made God?"

Suggested Answers:

God created the dimension of time, but He isn't subject to it. He dwells in eternity where there is no time, and it is eternity into which you will pass, when you pass on.

Take the Test -->www.NeedGod.com

1 Like

Re: "Who Made God?" by kambo(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
Q: who made God?
Ans: nobody or i dont know.
How has ur suggested answer addressed the question u raised? Completely off point and baseless.
You get into talking about where God dwells ... More bla ... The we shall meet him . Think b4 u post .

2 Likes

Re: "Who Made God?" by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
kambo: Q: who made God?
Ans: nobody or i dont know.
How has ur suggested answer addressed the question u raised? Completely off point and baseless.
You get into talking about where God dwells ... More bla ... The we shall meet him . Think b4 u post .
Ok..let me come a bit down to your level using science.

God is light.Who created light?

Light is a form of energy.Who created energy?

Can you answer these?
Re: "Who Made God?" by kambo(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bidam:
Ok..let me come a bit down to your level using science.

God is light.Who created light?

Light is a form of energy.Who created energy?

Can you answer these?
who made God? Thts d question the poster raised.
He or u shud anser it or shattap or admit ignorance.
How hard is tht? Digressg into where God lives or how we will meet him later is wat? An answer?
Ur askg me about light and energy is compoundg d foolishness.
Who created nairaland. Seun.
End of story. No long talk.
How did he create it?
Irrelevant. But i cud guess. He used some other forum software he downloaded from the internet for free . I dont know how he did it all (admittg ignorance) but bla bla bla.
How hard is tht?
Who made God?
God isnt made he pre-exists.
Even the question is wrong its a leadg question.
It should b "how did God to be".
Think b4 u and the poster post/reply.

1 Like

Re: "Who Made God?" by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
kambo:
How hard is tht? Digressg into where God lives or how we will meet him later is wat? An answer?
How did he create it?
Irrelevant. But i cud guess. He used some other forum software he downloaded from the internet for free . I dont know how he did it all (admittg ignorance) but bla bla bla.
How hard is tht?
Who made God?

You are right.God is the pre existence Himself. Olaa...post even answered it.The question was actually an atheist question who think they are smart.You also should check Olaa's threads before making blanket statements.
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
kambo:

How did he create it?
How hard is tht?
Who made God?

The bolded there is the first sign that I see that you are beginning to think logically. If you could observe closely, the question is a common one asked by skeptics, and you have rightly pointed out that it is a leading question, I'll rather say begging the question.

To say who made God is an oxymoron. You cannot describe a red colour to a man born blind can you? The fact that you can describe or explain it doesn't necessarily mean that the red colour doesn't exist.

Going back to your paraphrase, "how did God to be" or rather "how did God come to be" you are still assuming God had a beginning. You cannot just presume in an arbitrary way that God must have a creator because He creates. That isn't logical thinking, it's a logical fallacy called begging the question.

You ask this question because you don't understand the nature of God. To explain what Bidam was saying, you should know that God doesn't require a cause because He had always existed, He created time and thus is beyond time, He created the universe and is thus not part of the universe. Anything created must have a beginning. God was not created and thus He doesn't have a beginning. God is a Spirit and not a sequence of energetic reactions. The laws of thermodynamics does not apply to God.
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bidam:

You are right.God is the pre existence Himself. Olaa...post even answered it.The question was actually an atheist question who think they are smart.You also should check Olaa's threads before making blanket statements.

Fire on brother! The Spirit of God is One. wink

1 Like

Re: "Who Made God?" by SpicyMimi(f): 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Booking....

You inspire me alot @Ola
even though its because of your threads i gat so many followed topics, but cool... cheesy
Re: "Who Made God?" by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 18, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Fire on brother! The Spirit of God is One. wink
Yes o..The Fire is shut up in our bones..Ride on too bro...
Re: "Who Made God?" by Emusan(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2013
Whether peopl e like it or not the word "EXISTENCE" wouldn't have come to stay without God.
To God existence simply means what came to be through Him not what have being before Him because God could not swear by anything greater than Him instead He said to Abraham in blessing I will bless you. Heb 6:13

To Man existence means "from beginning" that's why in explaining this Man thought God must be included whereas God made it clear that He is the beginning and the end.
Majority of people never understand this phrase "the beginning and the end" this simply means to Him the word existence is trash. the name that God gave to Moses "I AM THAT I AM" or simple "I AM" is best described the thougt of God about Himself before the universe came into being.

I AM/Alpha/the beginning(before the universe was) THAT (after the universe)I AM/Omega/the end.
Re: "Who Made God?" by Zikdik(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
A creator-god is never
portrayed as something simple
or, more importantly, something
simpler than the universe. If this
god is at least as complex as the
universe, then it needs a
designer and creator at least as
much as the universe.
Theists usually respond
with one of a couple of common
objections. The first is to claim
that this creator-god has always
existed while the universe has
not; because the universe began
to exist at some point, it requires
a creator in a way that the god
does not. Unfortunately, the
assertion that this god always
existed is unsupported and
apparently unsupportable — it’s
just an assertion we have no
particular reason to believe. The
assertion that the universe
“began” to exist is also
problematic because time itself is
a feature of the universe, and
therefore the universe does not
exist “in” time such that we can
talk about a time “before the
universe” or a time “after the
universe.”
Another objection raised by theists is the idea that their
god is a “necessary being” and
doesn’t need a “creator.”
Unfortunately, this is also
unsupported and unsupportable.
There is no basis for such an
arbitrary assertion, except to try
to excuse their god from the
same standards they wish to
apply to the universe.
Moreover, both of the above
excuses made for this god can
be equally work for the universe.
Why can’t the universe be
“necessary” or not need a
“creator?” Why can’t we say that
the universe has “always”
existed because there is no
identifiable point in time when
the universe did not exist? No
one can say — after all, we really
don’t know enough about our
universe or universes in general
to make such judgments. Of
course, we also don’t have
enough verifiable data of gods to
make such judgments about
them, either.
Another possible objection, also
ad hoc in nature because it is
only brought up in order to
explain away this argument, is
the idea that the “complexity”
being discussed only applies to
material things. God, being
immaterial, is not subject to the
same standards. This objection
falters, however, because the
same people offering it also
typically believe in immaterial
souls, thus leading to the
unorthodox belief of our souls
existing in parallel with this god
rather than being creations of
this god. Although someone
could hold such a belief, it isn’t
one you will likely encounter; as a
result, it is unlikely that this
objection can be used
consistently or successfully with
the person’s beliefs.
So, your argument is quite baseless and another illogical attempt to prove the existence of a man-made entity. Unless of course, you have logical or scientific evidence to support your claims of an uncaused God.

1 Like

Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
SpicyMimi: Booking....

You inspire me alot @Ola
even though its because of your threads i gat so many followed topics, but cool... cheesy

Glory be to God! Keep keeping on, the Lord is your strength. smiley
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Bidam:

Yes o..The Fire is shut up in our bones..Ride on too bro...

Ride on my brother. Keep the torch burning till the Daystar in their hearts appear. smiley

1 Like

Re: "Who Made God?" by Kay17: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Someone Said: "Who made God?"

Suggested Answers:

God created the dimension of time, but He isn't subject to it. He dwells in eternity where there is no time, and it is eternity into which you will pass, when you pass on.

Here is a difficulty, if God created time why is there a prior moment to the creation of time? Again, there was a period when there was no time and then after there was time. So there is an issue for you to address.
Re: "Who Made God?" by Zikdik(m): 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Ride on my brother. Keep the torch burning till the Daystar in their hearts appear. smiley
You've got no response to my post? Pathetic.
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kay 17:

Here is a difficulty, if God created time why is there a prior moment to the creation of time? Again, there was a period when there was no time and then after there was time. So there is an issue for you to address.

You have eternity before and after time began and would have ended. wink
Re: "Who Made God?" by Kay17: 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You have eternity before and after time began and would have ended. wink

Your use of "after" and "before" betrays time itself. By time I don't mean wall clock. smiley
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Zikdik:

You've got no response to my post? Pathetic.

All I need to do is to use the laws of logic and the laws of science to debunk your myths and arrive at the scientific evidence that there has to be a Creator God.

There are only three possibilities from where the universe can come from and by way of elimination I will arrive at the scientific evidence of the origin of the universe which took just 6 days.

(1). The universe created itself; or

(2). The universe has always existed, or

(3). The universe was created.

1. The universe created itself:

Can something create itself? Can nothing create something? The answer to these is an absolute No. We all know that something cannot create itself and nothing can't create something. From Latin we have the phrase "ex nihilo, nihil fit" meaning "from nothing, nothing comes." It also violates the law of cause and effect, that says for every effect there must be a cause. The effect can't be greater than the cause and nothing cannot be greater than something. Therefore, based on the laws of science and logic, the universe couldn't have created itself. That leaves us with options 2 and 3.

2. The univese has always existed:

Lets go to the 2nd law of thermodynamics that basically teaches that "the whole universe is losing usable energy for doing usable work." This means that the usable energy in this universe is wearing down. The universe as a whole is losing energy. In other words, molecules as a whole are slowing down.

Therefore, if this universe was eternal we will be in what is called a "virtual heat death." This means that there will be virtually no molecular movement. Everything would have lost its available heat energy for doing work. Therefore, the universe cannot be eternal, it must have had a beginning. The theory that the universe has always existed or is eternal has to be false based on the law of science and logic, another speculation gone with the air. This leaves us with only one possibility based on science. Which is that:

3. The universe was created:

"In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth." -- Genesis 1:1

Science confirms the biblical verse that in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth as I have just proved. With the above verse we see that God is outside time. He is eternal, with no beginning or end. He also knows all things, being infinitely intelligent. To recognise His handiwork, you should be able to know how to recognise the evidence of the works of His intelligence. This is simple.

When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I can't see him, hear him, touch, smell or taste him. The evidence of a builder is the building I'm looking at. In other words, the building is the proof positive that there was a builder. The building is the product of the intelligence of the builder. Living things are also evidence of design. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that if man's highly intelligent brain designed the computer, then the human brain was also the product of design?

There is nothing illogical or unscientific about an Eternal Being who has always existed. Nobody created the infinite God. He is the Self-Existent One, the great "I AM THAT I AM" of the Bible. He is outside time because He created time. Everything that has a beginning requires a cause. The universe has a beginning and thus requires a cause. But the almighty God has no beginning since He is beyond time. Therefore, the almighty God does not need a cause.

See -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com <--
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kay 17:

Your use of "after" and "before" betrays time itself. By time I don't mean wall clock. smiley

There are 3 dimensions of time: Past, present and future and God sees them in one stretch. He is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega and He is not subject to the time He created. "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth" which is Space, time and matter (mass and energy).
Re: "Who Made God?" by Kay17: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
^^ that will only mean God's perception of time is different from ours.
Re: "Who Made God?" by Joshthefirst(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kay 17: ^^ that will only mean God's perception of time is different from ours.
yes na. Its even written in the bible. Nawa for you o. If you know this thread, why are you repeating basically the same questions asked here on the other thread?
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kay 17:

^^ that will only mean God's perception of time is different from ours.

No. It means God sees time all at once. He sees the 3 dimensions of time in one stretch. He sees the past, the present and the future all at once. He sees the end from the beginning.
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11am On Dec 26, 2013
Emusan:

Whether peopl e like it or not the word "EXISTENCE" wouldn't have come to stay without God.
To God existence simply means what came to be through Him not what have being before Him because God could not swear by anything greater than Him instead He said to Abraham in blessing I will bless you. Heb 6:13

To Man existence means "from beginning" that's why in explaining this Man thought God must be included whereas God made it clear that He is the beginning and the end.
Majority of people never understand this phrase "the beginning and the end" this simply means to Him the word existence is trash. the name that God gave to Moses "I AM THAT I AM" or simple "I AM" is best described the thougt of God about Himself before the universe came into being.

I AM/Alpha/the beginning(before the universe was) THAT (after the universe)I AM/Omega/the end.

God bless you my brother.
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Someone Said: "Who made God?"

Suggested Answers:

"In the beginning God....." (Genesis 1:1).

God is outside time. He is eternal, with no beginning or end. He also knows all things, being infinitely intelligent.
Re: "Who Made God?" by Zikdik(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

All I need to do is to use the laws of logic and the laws of science to debunk your myths and arrive at the scientific evidence that there has to be a Creator God.

There are only three possibilities from where the universe can come from and by way of elimination I will arrive at the scientific evidence of the origin of the universe which took just 6 days.

(1). The universe created itself; or

(2). The universe has always existed, or

(3). The universe was created.

1. The universe created itself:

Can something create itself? Can nothing create something? The answer to these is an absolute No. We all know that something cannot create itself and nothing can't create something. From Latin we have the phrase "ex nihilo, nihil fit" meaning "from nothing, nothing comes." It also violates the law of cause and effect, that says for every effect there must be a cause. The effect can't be greater than the cause and nothing cannot be greater than something. Therefore, based on the laws of science and logic, the universe couldn't have created itself. That leaves us with options 2 and 3.

2. The univese has always existed:

Lets go to the 2nd law of thermodynamics that basically teaches that "the whole universe is losing usable energy for doing usable work." This means that the usable energy in this universe is wearing down. The universe as a whole is losing energy. In other words, molecules as a whole are slowing down.

Therefore, if this universe was eternal we will be in what is called a "virtual heat death." This means that there will be virtually no molecular movement. Everything would have lost its available heat energy for doing work. Therefore, the universe cannot be eternal, it must have had a beginning. The theory that the universe has always existed or is eternal has to be false based on the law of science and logic, another speculation gone with the air. This leaves us with only one possibility based on science. Which is that:

3. The universe was created:

"In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth." -- Genesis 1:1

Science confirms the biblical verse that in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth as I have just proved. With the above verse we see that God is outside time. He is eternal, with no beginning or end. He also knows all things, being infinitely intelligent. To recognise His handiwork, you should be able to know how to recognise the evidence of the works of His intelligence. This is simple.

When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I can't see him, hear him, touch, smell or taste him. The evidence of a builder is the building I'm looking at. In other words, the building is the proof positive that there was a builder. The building is the product of the intelligence of the builder. Living things are also evidence of design. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that if man's highly intelligent brain designed the computer, then the human brain was also the product of design?

There is nothing illogical or unscientific about an Eternal Being who has always existed. Nobody created the infinite God. He is the Self-Existent One, the great "I AM THAT I AM" of the Bible. He is outside time because He created time. Everything that has a beginning requires a cause. The universe has a beginning and thus requires a cause. But the almighty God has no beginning since He is beyond time. Therefore, the almighty God does not need a cause.

See -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com <--
The almighty god has no beginning? He is beyond time? Extraordinary!
But such a claim/statement would require an extraordinary evidence as well. What evidence do you have for the above claim?

1 Like

Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43am On Jan 04, 2014
Zikdik:

The almighty god has no beginning? He is beyond time? Extraordinary!
But such a claim/statement would require an extraordinary evidence as well. What evidence do you have for the above claim?

What evidence would you expect to find if there really is an infinite God who created all things as the Bible claims? How will you even recognise the hand of such an omnipotent Creator?

The Bible claims that God is omniscient. Therefore, He is infinitely intelligent. To recognise His handiwork, you will have to know how to recognise the evidence of the works of His intelligence. So, how do we recognise the evidence of intelligence?
Re: "Who Made God?" by FromGuiriga(m): 2:56am On Jan 05, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

"In the beginning God....." (Genesis 1:1).

God is outside time. He is eternal, with no beginning or end. He also knows all things, being infinitely intelligent.

In the beginning the Elohim...
Is this not the POWERS or the DEITIES created the heavens and the earth?

Can you explain this?

Give thanks.
Re: "Who Made God?" by Nobody: 3:21am On Jan 05, 2014
OLAADEGBU: Someone Said: "Who made God?"

Suggested Answers:

What an absurd question and a callous answer. God is everything good yet he gets angry,murdered his son, schooled Hitler on how to commit genocide. No prove/ evidence of the existence of your God but you advertise him so much. Please visit your doctor
Re: "Who Made God?" by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 05, 2014
Though copy and paste and a bit of plagiarism...

Zikdik: A creator-god is never
portrayed as something simple
or, more importantly, something
simpler than the universe. If this
god is at least as complex as the
universe, then it needs a
designer and creator at least as
much as the universe.

The author is yet to state why God needs to have a designer and a creator if it is, at least, as complex as the Universe. Does complexity determine what is created and designed?

Zikdik:
Theists usually respond
with one of a couple of common
objections. The first is to claim
that this creator-god has always
existed while the universe has
not; because the universe began
to exist at some point, it requires
a creator in a way that the god
does not.

It is not against logic to hold that anything that has a beginning, necessarily was either made or created while whatever does not have a beginning was obviously not made nor created.

Zikdik:
Unfortunately, the
assertion that this god always
existed is unsupported and
apparently unsupportable — it’s
just an assertion we have no
particular reason to believe.

What about the 'law' that Energy has always existed? Is it unsupported or don't we have any particular reason to believe it?

Zikdik:
The
assertion that the universe
“began” to exist is also
problematic because time itself is
a feature of the universe, and
therefore the universe does not
exist “in” time such that we can
talk about a time “before the
universe” or a time “after the
universe.”

Not completely correct...

Whatever does not extend to eternity on both fronts, is necessarily bounded by time. An important characteristic of time is that it is measurable. Without this characteristic, there is no such thing as 'existing in time' or 'time bound'.

Whatever has a beginning, necessarily has a time bound existence, irrespective of whether there is a foreseeable end to this existence or not. If scientific theories and postulations are anything to go by, we have plausible reasons to hold the view that the Universe has not always existed and as such we can refer to a point when its existence began and a point before its existence, since it does not extend to eternity on both ends.

Continuing will be a waste of time cause the OP is not here to defend him/her comment.
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38am On Jan 07, 2014
From_Guiriga:

In the beginning the Elohim...
Is this not the POWERS or the DEITIES created the heavens and the earth?

Can you explain this?

Give thanks.

If you really believed Genesis 1:1 you will not have any difficulties in believing the rest of the Bible. The triune God, Elohim is eternal, existing before the universe, and is omnipotent, having creating the universe.

The triune God, Elohim, the uni-plural OT name for the divine "Godhead," is a name which is plural with its Hebrew "im" ending but commonly singular in meaning (just as the plural of sheep is still sheep).
Re: "Who Made God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40am On Jan 07, 2014
ifeness:

What an absurd question and a callous answer. God is everything good yet he gets angry,murdered his son, schooled Hitler on how to commit genocide. No prove/ evidence of the existence of your God but you advertise him so much. Please visit your doctor

You don't believe God exists and yet you cannot stop talking about Him? undecided
Re: "Who Made God?" by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 07, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If you really believed Genesis 1:1 you will not have any difficulties in believing the rest of the Bible. The triune God, Elohim is eternal, existing before the universe, and is omnipotent, having creating the universe.

The triune God, Elohim, the uni-plural OT name for the divine "Godhead," is a name which is plural with its Hebrew "im" ending but commonly singular in meaning (just as the plural of sheep is still sheep).

This is clearly a case of God in a divine council giving instructions to lesser gods as it were. There can be no other explanations. Definitely not a “Triune” communing with itself. The authors of Genesis would have been no strangers to the concept of God in a divine council issuing instructions or indeed as an onlooker, for instance;

Jeremiah 23: 18 “For who hath stood in the sod (council) of Hashem, and hath perceived and heard His Devar? Who hath marked His word, and heard it?

Jeremiah 23:22 : “But if they had stood in My sod (council), and had caused My people to hear My Devarim, then they should have turned them from their derech harah, and from the ra’ah of their doings.”

Psalm 82:1 “Elohim standeth in the Adat El; He judgeth among the Elohim

You can pretty much throw away most revised , standard amplified new age versions of the bible you have, they are utterly useless, I have used the orthodox Jewish version. You will find in most newer versions where the word “council” appears will have been altered to read “counsel” or some such rubbish, but i'm sure you already know that.

The compilers of the creation narrative in Genesis clearly had a great sense of humour; Gen 2:7 "God creates Adam (man) from adamoh (earth)" not to talk of a penchant for the number "7"

And just for you, James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble"
No such thing as a Triune Godhead.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Al Taqquiya / See The Man Who Starred As Jesus Of Nazareth / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.