Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

This Man Made God Called God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Man Made God Called God (2049 Views)

When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / A Man Of God Called Rain Down During A Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Man Made God Called God by ajadrage: 5:52am On Feb 17, 2009
The creator of the universe certainly has a name which he urges his children to call as there are countless many gods of the hands of men. At this point when every one can ascribe anything to "God", even obviously satanic politicians and unrepentant evil doers, it is pertinent to distinguish the one true and living almighty creator from an entity whom many, even so called "men of God" are quick to mention as their deity. What name do you call your GOD?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by kolaoloye(m): 8:48am On Feb 17, 2009
Jehova
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2009
The Universal Consciousness.

Not exactly a name but more of a description,for the creator has no name.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by oluwdashmi(f): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2009
He is the 'I am that I am'. smiley smiley

No word can qualify him for my 'God IS NOT ENOUGH. HE IS TOO MUCH' smiley kiss
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2009
Actually,"I am that i am" is neither a name nor even a title.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by ajadrage: 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
jagunlabi:
the creator has no name.

So, you agree that there is a creator undecided
Re: This Man Made God Called God by noetic(m): 11:32pm On Feb 17, 2009
jagunlabi:

Actually,"I am that i am" is neither a name nor even a title.
that depends on who is doing the analyses. . . . .cos in literal terms that name contains all titles u want GOD to b 4 u, .
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2009
I never said in any of my previous posts that i did not.I just don't believe that the creator exists in any form proclaimed by organized religions,especially the 3 abrahamic faiths.
The universal consciousness,the creator of the universe and all that is within it,the one we refer to as GOD,transcends all belief systems.It cannot be contained within any one religion,something that all adherents of the 3 abrahamic faiths always try to do within their theology.
ajadrage:

So, you agree that there is a creator undecided
Re: This Man Made God Called God by tpia: 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2009
@ topic:

Correction- a man made god is called an idol.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by bawomolo(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2009
tpia:

@ topic:

Correction- a man made god is called an idol.

the Qualities ascribed to God(s) are man made.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by tpia: 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2009
Re: This Man Made God Called God by bawomolo(m): 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2009
tpia:

An idol is a man made god.

and what God isn't man made.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by tpia: 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
Re: This Man Made God Called God by bawomolo(m): 1:59am On Feb 19, 2009
tpia:

like I said, I'm not interested in nitpicking, though you obviously are.

The idols[b] I'm[/b] referring to are the ones you see with your two eyes- the kind commonly found anywhere you care to name in Africa. Man made objects that were hewn and shaped by human hands.

What you want to call man made has been argued to extinction many many times before now. Consider my posts a diversion and backtrack or fast forward to the other posters on the thread.

do those idols include Crosses, posters of Jesus and the holy mary?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by oluwdashmi(f): 8:59am On Feb 19, 2009
that depends on who is doing the analyses. . . . .cos in literal terms that name contains all titles u want GOD to b 4 u, .

@ noetic
Have this for that explanation, kiss kiss kiss

Stay blessed
Re: This Man Made God Called God by chinwe09: 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2009
if you read more closely, Jesus constantly referred to God as his FATHER. if you knew the name of your canal father would you call him by it? don't bother about the name of GOD now, Christ just wants you to see him, GOD as your personal father. then, at redemption day, will the name of GOD almighty would be made known to you.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by Heinz(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2009
Na wa O. u fit even call am Jah grin
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2009
Any god with a name,a form,human weak traits(like the one in the bible or quran) is clearly manmade,therefore an idol.
Jesus is also a manmade deity so he is an idol,too.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by tpia: 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
Re: This Man Made God Called God by toneyb: 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2009
jagunlabi:

Any god with a name,a form,human weak traits(like the one in the bible or quran) is clearly manmade,therefore an idol.
Jesus is also a manmade deity so he is an idol,too.

Exd 21:1 "These are the laws you are to set before them:

Exd 21:2 "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything.

Exd 21:3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him.

Exd 21:4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

Exd 21:5 "But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,'

Exd 21:6 then his master must take him before the judges. [fn] He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

Not only does God condone slavery, but he is also completely comfortable with it, Here God describes how to become a slave for life, and shows that it is completely acceptable to separate slaves from their families. God also shows that he completely endorses the branding of slaves through mutilation.

Are these the words of a God or words and ideas of ancient and uncivilized men? The bottom line is that men created all the Gods.

1 Like

Re: This Man Made God Called God by tpia: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2009
Re: This Man Made God Called God by tpia: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2009
Re: This Man Made God Called God by toneyb: 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2009
tpia:

every society has a legal code which may or may not evolve with time.

learn to separate law and religion- this is the modern age.

This are the legal code of God in the bible, he pronouced them for the people if we are to go by what the bible says. Here are the words of God in the bible.

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:
If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property

Not only does God condone slavery, but he is also completely comfortable with the concept of beating your slaves, as long as you don't kill them. (These are purley the words of men that use the idea of God to keep people in line)

Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:  Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Here God states where you may purchase your slaves, and clearly specifies that slaves are property to be bought, sold and handed down. Remember that these are the words of God in the bible, here we have God telling people how to enslave each other. These are not the words of Moses according to the bible, this is God speaking.

You sound like those slave owners of old times, btw. undecided Picking only the verses that justify their brutality and ignoring ones that dont.

Can you show me a single verse in the bible where God condems slavery? If there is please go ahead and show me. I am not picking verses that support my assertions I am only showing you what is inside the bible that your pastors never care to tell you exist in the bible. If the Bible is written by men who were inspired by God, and these are the words of the God, then you can come to the conclusion that God is an impressive advocate of slavery and is fully supportive of the concept. On the one hand, we all know that slavery is an outrage and a moral abomination in to days world, our moral standard is better and has outgrown that of the bible writters and the God in which they created in their own image. What kind of God will tell you to stone somebody for picking sticks on the sabbath? Will that kind of law be tolerated in todays world? What kind of God will tell people to kill others just because they do not believe in him? We have God in the bible telling people to kill off other people Just because they do not believe in him, what kind of God will do that? We have God in the bible telling people what to do with the spoils of war, what kind of God is that? The bible is the word of ancient men who wrote it according to the moral standard of their time and attributed it to the God in which they created in their very own image. Our moral standard has out grown theirs. Try stoning your child to death in Nigeria because he/she is a non virgin and see what will happen to you.

1 Like

Re: This Man Made God Called God by toneyb: 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2009
Deut 25:11 If men get into a fight with one another, and the wife of one intervenes to rescue her husband from the grip of his opponent by reaching out and seizing his genitals, 12you shall cut off her hand; show no pity   

Are these the words of a God or the words of ancient fools that have no regard for women?

Deut 21:18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, 19then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. 20They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.

Are these the words of a God or words of ancient savages?

Ex 35: 2 For six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy sabbath of solemn rest to the Lord; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

What is this?

1Tim 2: 11Let a woman* learn in silence with full submission. 12I permit no woman* to teach or to have authority over a man;* she is to keep silent. 

These are the words of ancient men that have no regard for women at all.

Deut 22:13-21
Laws concerning Sexual Relations13 Suppose a man marries a woman, but after going in to her, he dislikes her 14and makes up charges against her, slandering her by saying, ‘I married this woman; but when I lay with her, I did not find evidence of her virginity.’ 15The father of the young woman and her mother shall then submit the evidence of the young woman’s virginity to the elders of the city at the gate. 16The father of the young woman shall say to the elders: ‘I gave my daughter in marriage to this man but he dislikes her; 17now he has made up charges against her, saying, “I did not find evidence of your daughter’s virginity.” But here is the evidence of my daughter’s virginity.’ Then they shall spread out the cloth before the elders of the town. 18The elders of that town shall take the man and punish him; 19they shall fine him one hundred shekels of silver (which they shall give to the young woman’s father) because he has slandered a virgin of Israel. She shall remain his wife; he shall not be permitted to divorce her as long as he lives.
20 If, however, this charge is true, that evidence of the young woman’s virginity was not found, 21then they shall bring the young woman out to the entrance of her father’s house and the men of her town shall stone her to death, because she committed a disgraceful act in Israel by prostituting herself in her father’s house. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

Are these the words of a God or the words of ancient savages who use the idea of a God to keep people in line?

1 Like

Re: This Man Made God Called God by tpia: 3:46am On Feb 21, 2009
Re: This Man Made God Called God by ajadrage: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2009
The ancient nation of Israel (when they were faithful) worshiped one that claimed preeminence of power over and above all the entities and principalities that traverse existence since creation, physical and metaphysical. The exploits at various points where this power was questioned proved beyond the resources of every other power, of man or man made. Now, were this power to manifest again in these times, what would one expect the consequences to be for worldly adherents of the plurality of religious and atheistic beliefs? If the creator being one, where would the justification for the many "Gods" of the many religions and quasi religions lie? Would this creator condone the excesses of the "God" of this world, who from all indications is being worshiped by many of the compromised clergy, corrupt politicians, and even professional criminals, all ascribing their actions to the will of this "God"?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by bawomolo(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2009
whew bursts out webster dictionary grin
Re: This Man Made God Called God by toneyb: 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2009
The bottom line is that men created all the gods in their own image. Basically it is the practice of every Christian to make his/her god in his/her own image.

David believes god is a judging, very harsh and almighty god that needs to be feared at all times. He searches the bible and finds evidence of this god and so evaluates those scriptures that back up his belief as more important doctrinally than those scriptures that do not espouse this view point. His view of god is supported by scripture but also by his version of "who god should be" and what behaviour god should exhibit.

Toyin believes god is a very caring, forgiving and loving "mothering" type of god. She finds scriptures that support her supposition and considers those scriptures more important than all others in a doctrinal sense. Her view of god is supported by scripture but also by her own view of "who god should be" and "what behaviour god should exhibit".

Both david and toyin believe that their view is correct. They believe that god is the way he is because it is the type of god they have "sought out" of the scripture. In actuality they have self-projected themselves as god. They have put their own desires and values onto the deity the created in their own minds using the scripture. They then have found "evidence" of this type of god in whatever holy book they think is accurate.

This is proved by looking at what type of church people choose to attend. No one goes to a church with which they disagree. Everyone goes to the type of church that they most agree with. A church where the pastor and most members self project themselves as the god they created in their own minds and agree in a similar way to themselves.

This is the only "true" god to the members of that church and any other depiction of the god they have created out of the scripture is a false god. The one they have self projected themselves as. every (god) exists within the imagination of the god-believer. Thus the many christians who claim others (who don't have a similar doctrine to theirs) are not true christians while other christians (who do believe similarly to them) are in fact, true christians.

We may then accurately conclude, (since these concepts can be readily proven), that all christians are have self projected their god in their own image, and also, that "god" is an imaginary concept within the minds of all believers when it comes to this obvious action taken and held strong among all christians. same apply to moslems and all religious people out there.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by ajadrage: 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2009
toneyb:
We may then accurately conclude, that "god" is an imaginary concept within the minds of all believers when it comes to this obvious action taken and held strong among all christians. same apply to moslems and all religious people out there.
Are you implying that "a creator" is an imaginary concept too?  undecided
Re: This Man Made God Called God by YD(m): 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2009
@ topic

'JAH'
Re: This Man Made God Called God by toneyb: 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2009
ajadrage:

Are you implying that "a creator" is an imaginary concept too? undecided

Most people believe in a creator because it is much easier to believe in a god-creator than to study and find things for themselves. take god away from the creation stories of the bible, koran and other religious text and no body will believe them, take away god from the noah's story, moses story, tower of babel story, war stories in the bible, koran etc and no body will believe in those absurd stories. people believe because it is much easier to believe. when faced with obvious contradictions or facts that are against what their religion teaches them they still hang on to it because they feel it is safer to believe in a god or creator because it makes things easier for them.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2009
Excellent post this. cheesy
toneyb:

The bottom line is that men created all the gods in their own image. Basically it is the practice of every Christian to make his/her god in his/her own image.

David believes god is a judging, very harsh and almighty god that needs to be feared at all times. He searches the bible and finds evidence of this god and so evaluates those scriptures that back up his belief as more important doctrinally than those scriptures that do not espouse this view point. His view of god is supported by scripture but also by his version of "who god should be" and what behaviour god should exhibit.

Toyin believes god is a very caring, forgiving and loving "mothering" type of god. She finds scriptures that support her supposition and considers those scriptures more important than all others in a doctrinal sense. Her view of god is supported by scripture but also by her own view of "who god should be" and "what behaviour god should exhibit".

Both david and toyin believe that their view is correct. They believe that god is the way he is because it is the type of god they have "sought out" of the scripture. In actuality they have self-projected themselves as god. They have put their own desires and values onto the deity the created in their own minds using the scripture. They then have found "evidence" of this type of god in whatever holy book they think is accurate.

This is proved by looking at what type of church people choose to attend. No one goes to a church with which they disagree. Everyone goes to the type of church that they most agree with. A church where the pastor and most members self project themselves as the god they created in their own minds and agree in a similar way to themselves.

This is the only "true" god to the members of that church and any other depiction of the god they have created out of the scripture is a false god. The one they have self projected themselves as. every (god) exists within the imagination of the god-believer. Thus the many christians who claim others (who don't have a similar doctrine to theirs) are not true christians while other christians (who do believe similarly to them) are in fact, true christians.

We may then accurately conclude, (since these concepts can be readily proven), that all christians are have self projected their god in their own image, and also, that "god" is an imaginary concept within the minds of all believers when it comes to this obvious action taken and held strong among all christians. same apply to moslems and all religious people out there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Terrible Text Of The Bible - Bishop John Shelby Spong / In Defence Of Tithes / Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.