Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. (877 Views)

This Catholic Priest Is Missing (photo) / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by Polchiz(m): 11:33am On Dec 17, 2013
This is not about catholicism. However, the universal church has faced a lot of criticism by the protestants simply because they refuse to reason with catholics open-mindedly.

The bible says, " for every high priest taken from among men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins. He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness. Because of this he is required as for the people, so also for himself, to offer sacrifices for sins ( Heb. 5:1-3).

Also, there are certain things in this world we ought to understand on the bases of faith and human experience. For instance, there was no toilet in the bible but we do have toilet today, home movies is nowhere to be found in the bible but we enjoy it today.

On the last day Jesus will ask, I was hungry and you never fed me, in hospital and you never visited, naked and you never clothed me and thirsty and you didn't give me water to drink. He would go ahead to say, in-as-much as you did this to the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.

Thanks!
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by Acidosis(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
I don't understand.

There is nothing wrong in confessing one's sins to a Pastor/Priest...

Even sinners confess their sins to their co-sinners (visit a bear parlour/bar for confirmation).

I guess your argument is whether a Priest/Pastor can forgive a sinner. (never)
If a priest/pastor wants to claim that position, he should ask his members to nail him on a cross...
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by Polchiz(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
Of course, God forgives sin but a lot of people especially the protestants believe that it is WRONG and UNBIBLICAL for catholics to confess their sins to a priest.
Acidosis: I don't understand.

Even sinners confess their sins to their co-sinners (visit a bear parlour/bar for confirmation).

If a priest/pastor wants to claim that position, he should ask his members to nail him on a cross...

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by SalC: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2013

Oh and i was thinking these below were the actual words of Jesus Christ

John20V22-23
Then he breathed on them and said,"Receive the Holy Spirit
if you forgive people's sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them; they are not forgiven

yet he didn't say they should first be nailed to the crossshocked

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by Polchiz(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
God bless you!
Sal C: Oh and i was thinking these below were the actual words of Jesus Christ

John20V22-23
if you forgive people's sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them; they are not forgiven

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by Acidosis(m): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Oh and i was thinking these below were the actual words of Jesus Christ

John20V22-23

shocked shocked

So this is how you go about spreading falsehood? shocked shocked

Do you know the kind of "forgiveness" Jesus was talking about?

So you actually think you can forgive a sinner his sins? my God! shocked

The sin here refers to those sins we commit against one another.

The forgiveness I'm referring to has to do with the eternal..

Go to all the popes in world and let them lay hands on you.. If you still do not ASK and CONFESS your sins to GOD, and ask Jesus into your life based on your own conviction... THEN, forget about Heaven.

But hey! Mr Dele your neighbor can "forgive" you if you steal his N30.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by Acidosis(m): 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
Polchiz: God bless you!

So now that you've heard what you want to hear... I'm sure you're happy
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by SalC: 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis:

shocked shocked

So this is how you go about spreading falsehood? shocked shocked

Do you know the kind of "forgiveness" Jesus was talking about?

So you actually think you can forgive a sinner his sins? my God! shocked

The sin here refers to those sins we commit against one another.

The forgiveness I'm referring to has to do with the eternal..

Go to all the popes in world and let them lay hands on you.. If you still do not ASK and CONFESS your sins to GOD, and ask Jesus into your life based on your own conviction... THEN, forget about Heaven.

But hey! Mr Dele your neighbor can "forgive" you if you steal his N30.
You guys always amuse me, if you are talking about everyday forgiveness do you care to tell me the following
1) why was it only to the apostles and not all?
2) why did he have to breath the Holy Spirit on them before giving them the instruction.
3) why does he have to tell them he is sending them as the father sent him?

If one does not have the holy spirit, can he forgive those who offend him?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by SalC: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis:

So now that you've heard what you want to hear... I'm sure you're happy
grin
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by kambo(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
All these deluded christianized pagans , combing the bible for anythg to backup their paganism.

Of course lying is completely biblical: abraham lied because of sarah and God overlooked it

in.cest is thoroughly biblical : lot's daughters slept with him wen there was no man and they had their babies

adultery is biblical if ur repentant.
Davd slept with bathsheba and behold she bore him the wisest man of his time-solomon

dont frget tht prostitution is thoroughly biblical- the spies of jericho hide in a prostitutes room wen they were chsed and she spared their lives.

Come to think of it is there anythg tht isnt biblical?
Of course u know homosexuality is biblical dnt u?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by Acidosis(m): 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
Please refer to the post above ^ ^

Sal C: You guys always amuse me, if you are talking about everyday forgiveness do you care to tell me the following
1) why was it only to the apostles and not all?
2) why did he have to breath the Holy Spirit on them before giving them the instruction.
3) why does he have to tell them he is sending them as the father sent him?

If one does not have the holy spirit, can he forgive those who offend him?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by SalC: 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis: Please refer to the post above ^ ^

How did that answer my question?

Provide the answers if you can.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest Is Purely Biblical. by Polchiz(m): 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
You must be suffering from brain damage. Did God instruct you in the bible to practise what you listed below?
Must you open your buccal cavity to spew nonsense?
kambo: All these deluded christianized pagans , combing the bible for anythg to backup their paganism.

Of course lying is completely biblical: abraham lied because of sarah and God overlooked it

in.cest is thoroughly biblical : lot's daughters slept with him wen there was no man and they had their babies

adultery is biblical if ur repentant.
Davd slept with bathsheba and behold she bore him the wisest man of his time-solomon

dont frget tht prostitution is thoroughly biblical- the spies of jericho hide in a prostitutes room wen they were chsed and she spared their lives.

Come to think of it is there anythg tht isnt biblical?
Of course u know homosexuality is biblical dnt u?

(1) (Reply)

Was Christ In Support Of Jihad? / I'm Loosing It / Photos: A Very Controversial Pastor Pictured Stepping On His Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.