Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? (15343 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Fr0sbel: 9:47pm On May 29, 2012
Regarding the forgiveness of sins, two critical doctrines must be examined. First, all sins must be confessed to a priest:

"One who desires to obtain reconciliation with God and with the Church, must confess to a priest all the unconfessed grave sins he remembers after having carefully examined his conscience." Pg. 374, #1493

"Confession to a priest is an essential part of the sacrament of Penance:" Pg. 365, #1456

"It is called the sacrament of confession, since the disclosure or confession of sins to a priest is an essential element of this sacrament. Pg. 357, #1424 (See also Pg. 374, #1493).

Catholicism orders members to confess their sins to a man, but the Bible reveals that those who have been born into God's family can go straight to God's throne to receive forgiveness for their sins:

"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. " Psalm 32:5

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

David confessed his sins to God when he prayed:

"Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me." Psalm 51:2-3

Here is why true Christians have access to God' s throne:

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus..." Hebrews 10:19

Because of the sinless blood that Jesus Christ shed on the cross, we have the authority to go straight to the throne of God for forgiveness.

The "first pope's" example

In the book of Acts, a man named Simon came to the alleged first pope, Peter, wanting to buy the power of the Holy Spirit. How did Peter respond to this sin? Did he suggest that Simon make a confession to him right there? No, Peter told him to repent and confess his sin to God and ask God to forgive him. (See Acts 8:18-22).

Can priests forgive sins?

The second part of this doctrine suggests that Catholic priests have the power to forgive sins:

"Only priests who have received the faculty of absolving from the authority of the Church can forgive sins in the name of Christ." Pg. 374, #1495 (See also Pg. 364 #1448 )

Here, too, Catholic doctrine opposes God's Word:

"Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only[/b]?" [b]Mark 2:7

Catholicism teaches that the priest is a mediator between God and man. (See Pg. 365, #1456). But the Bible recognizes only one mediator:

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 Timothy 2:5

Once again, the Catechism admits that these are not instructions from God, but traditions of men:

"The Fathers of the Church present this sacrament as the second plank [of salvation]..." Pg. 363 #1446

More bondage

"According to the Church's command, 'after having attained the age of discretion, each of the faithful is bound by an obligation faithfully to confess serious sins at least once a year.'" Pg. 365, #1457 (Emphasis author's)

There is that word "bound" again. The Church Fathers created another tradition which keeps people in bondage to the Catholic church.

What a powerful weapon to use against Catholics around the world. In essence, this doctrine says that if you leave the Catholic church, you will not be able to obtain forgiveness for your sins, which means you won't go to heaven.

Please remember, none of this came from God! These are all man-made threats. May God open your spiritual eyes and give you understanding, so that you may see the depth of the bondage this religion holds you in. May God show you that you don't have to be held captive to this religion any longer. Jesus Christ wants to set you free.

Conclusion

Millions of faithful Catholics blindly file into confessional booths, believing that the priest has the power to forgive their sins.

What about you? Where will you go to have your sins forgiven? To a sinful priest, as the man-made traditions of the Catholic church demand?

Or will you go straight to God Almighty, as the Bible teaches?

"Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared." Psalm 130:1-4

Source

4 Likes

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:05pm On May 29, 2012
If a pastor, or a pederast Catholic priest confesses his sins go to jail.

Off topic ... Another corruption scandal and intrigue in the Vatican?
Where is the Christian ethics and morality?
What is he thinking the Christian God in your church?
You confess your sins to them?
Mhhhhhh
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by bee20(f): 10:41pm On May 29, 2012
No one is operfect and so no one can absolve sins; god can only do dt.. Dts all 2 say; no argument..
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by ijawkid(m): 10:53pm On May 29, 2012
Why do they even have priests in d 1st place

Why then did Jesus die if priests will still be needed??

Jesus is now high priest but d catholics still insist they must still have priests.....

I don't blame them........

If Jesus is now almighty God then I think he needs a priest to mediate between man and Him,,,.....................

2 Likes

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by roqchiq(f): 10:53pm On May 29, 2012
Its always advisable to avoid religious debates,however if you say WE catholics blindly file into a confession booth,based on tradition,and aganist the teachings of the bible,then i'll please remind you that this bible is a compilation of books,approved by the same catholics. They choose the books,what stopped them from slipping in a book that supported their traditions and doctrines? Have you ever wondered about that?
Faith is the strongest thing ever,the early christians didn't have the bible yet they managed to somehow get their acts together,all by faith.
If you don't believe in going to confession,then please don't,WE catholics are not advertising for followers,WE are not dangling any carrots in front of the world.
I am not going to quote any passages written by apostles of Jesus Christ to convince you. Personally,I always wondered why the early catholics let the 'Bible' out of their grasp,look at all the trouble that caused.just about anybody and everybody believes they can read and interpret the Bible.
Look beyond catholicism,islam,or whatever,to faith,love,peace, to the Creator,who is omniscient,omnipresence, let others be your mirror,be good inside more than outside, and remember that this world was here before you,and we all will eventually answer to our creator and there are things that can never be explained,that should never be explained,because any attempt to explain it would tear the very fabric of life as we (think) know it.
Finally,everybody keeps opposing WE catholics, and saying we're doing things the wrong way,but I strongly believe you'll be shocked if the ''real truth'' were to be told.infact the whole world would be plunged into some serious anarchy,because your very foundation will be ripped out from under u. So,be careful what you wish for.

39 Likes

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 29, 2012
roqchiq: Its always advisable to avoid religious debates,however if you say WE catholics blindly file into a confession booth,based on tradition,and aganist the teachings of the bible,then i'll please remind you that this bible is a compilation of books,approved by the same catholics. They choose the books,what stopped them from slipping in a book that supported their traditions and doctrines? Have you ever wondered about that?
Faith is the strongest thing ever,the early christians didn't have the bible yet they managed to somehow get their acts together,all by faith.
If you don't believe in going to confession,then please don't,WE catholics are not advertising for followers,WE are not dangling any carrots in front of the world.
I am not going to quote any passages written by apostles of Jesus Christ to convince you. Personally,I always wondered why the early catholics let the 'Bible' out of their grasp,look at all the trouble that caused.just about anybody and everybody believes they can read and interpret the Bible.
Look beyond catholicism,islam,or whatever,to faith,love,peace, to the Creator,who is omniscient,omnipresence, let others be your mirror,be good inside more than outside, and remember that this world was here before you,and we all will eventually answer to our creator and there are things that can never be explained,that should never be explained,because any attempt to explain it would tear the very fabric of life as we (think) know it.
Finally,everybody keeps opposing WE catholics, and saying we're doing things the wrong way,but I strongly believe you'll be shocked if the ''real truth'' were to be told.infact the whole world would be plunged into some serious anarchy,because your very foundation will be ripped out from under u. So,be careful what you wish for.

Confess your sins to GOD and not to MAN, get it ??

You have a mediator, JESUS CHRIST not that potential Paedophile Priest lurking in the dark confession boot !!!

You have been given direct access to GOD , yet you still want a mere man , flesh and blood , to intercede on your behalf, blasphemy !!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by roqchiq(f): 11:13pm On May 29, 2012
^^and i repeat....do what pleases you.
While i enlighten you o ye great scholar of catholic doctrine,We don't know who wrote ANY of the gospels....but "religion" hates a
vacuum....it is the same catholic tradition which ascribes the authors of the gospels....they
were written anonymously, blasphemy you say??

I'll invite you to research the ''bible'' which you quote so freely,let me see how strong your faith really is.
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by ichuka(m): 11:55pm On May 29, 2012
roqchiq: ^^and i repeat....do what pleases you.
While i enlighten you o ye great scholar of catholic doctrine,We don't know who wrote ANY of the gospels....but "religion" hates a
vacuum....it is the same catholic tradition which ascribes the authors of the gospels....they
were written anonymously, blasphemy you say??

I'll invite you to research the ''bible'' which you quote so freely,let me see how strong your faith really is.

Was the scriptures written by the RCC? Or
Whats your point actually?
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:09pm On May 30, 2012
Wow!!! This is a delicate topic but very clear. How i wish the person who quoted those paragraph from the cathechism read and understand them. The priest absolves sins by the power given to him by christ when he said 'whosoever sins you forgive are forgiven whosoever sins you retain are retained'. The protestants lost that power when luther lost his priesthood. Im sorry that your pastor cant exercise what christ told him to do. If you have any question please write one question in one post and be polite so i can answer one aspect at a time. Please one aspect at a time dont put two together.

9 Likes

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by ichuka(m): 2:41pm On May 30, 2012
Ubenedictus: Wow!!! This is a delicate topic but very clear. How i wish the person who quoted those paragraph from the cathechism read and understand them. The priest absolves sins by the power given to him by christ when he said 'whosoever sins you forgive are forgiven whosoever sins you retain are retained'. The protestants lost that power when luther lost his priesthood. Im sorry that your pastor cant exercise what christ told him to do. If you have any question please write one question in one post and be polite so i can answer one aspect at a time. Please one aspect at a time dont put two together.

But you are a chosen PEOPLE,a royal PRIESTHOOD,a Holy Nation...1ptr2:9.
And has made US to be a Kingdom and PRIESTS to serve His God and Father..Rev1:6.
Every Christain is a Priest on to God.
Thats the reason we do confess our sins to eachother.
The intermediary priesty class of Judaism was abolish on His Cross 2000yrs ago.

1 Like

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Fr0sbel: 3:13pm On May 30, 2012
i.chuka:

And has made US to be a Kingdom and PRIESTS to serve His God and Father..Rev1:6.

Amen and God bless you for this statement !!!!
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:05pm On May 30, 2012
ijawkid:
If Jesus is now almighty God then I think he needs a priest to mediate between man and Him,,,.....................

I I have some difficulty understanding how someone who is the son of God, and is also the "god almighty" dies nailed to a cross, humiliated in every possible way ...
Does not match the concept of the Almighty, with the humiliating way to die that god ...

As for the confession ... I did not confess to a god who dies in this humiliating manner, let alone with a priest to represent him.

It is my opinion.
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by ichuka(m): 11:55pm On May 30, 2012
Fr0sbel:

Amen and God bless you for this statement !!!!

Amen! And may He continue to bless and empower His works in your life.
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by italo: 1:51pm On May 31, 2012
Jesus Christ Granted the Apostles His Authority to Forgive Sins

John 20:21 - before He grants them the authority to forgive sins, Jesus says to the apostles, "as the Father sent me, so I send you." As Christ was sent by the Father to forgive sins, so Christ sends the apostles and their successors to forgive sins.

John 20:22 - the Lord "breathes" on the apostles, and then gives them the power to forgive and retain sins. The only other moment in Scripture where God breathes on man is in Gen. 2:7, when the Lord "breathes" divine life into man. When this happens, a significant transformation takes place.

John 20:23 - Jesus says, "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained." In order for the apostles to exercise this gift of forgiving sins, the penitents must orally confess their sins to them because the apostles are not mind readers. The text makes this very clear.

Matt. 9:8 - this verse shows that God has given the authority to forgive sins to "men." Hence, whoever acknowledges that the apostles had the authority to forgive sins (which this verse demonstrates) must prove that this gift ended with the apostles. Otherwise, the apostles' successors still possess this gift. Where in Scripture is the gift of authority to forgive sins taken away from the apostles or their successors?

Matt. 9:6; Mark 2:10 - Christ forgave sins as a man (not God) to convince us that the "Son of man" has authority to forgive sins on earth.

Luke 5:24 - Luke also points out that Jesus' authority to forgive sins is as a man, not God. The Gospel writers record this to convince us that God has given this authority to men. This authority has been transferred from Christ to the apostles and their successors.

2 Cor. 5:18 - the ministry of reconciliation was given to the ambassadors of the Church. This ministry of reconciliation refers to the sacrament of reconciliation, also called the sacrament of confession or penance.

James 5:15-16 - in verse 15 we see that sins are forgiven by the priests in the sacrament of the sick. This is another example of man's authority to forgive sins on earth. Then in verse 16, James says “Therefore, confess your sins to one another,” in reference to the men referred to in verse 15, the priests of the Church.

Lev. 5:4-6; 19:21-22 - even under the Old Covenant, God used priests to forgive and atone for the sins of others.

15 Likes

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by maryswags: 4:55pm On May 31, 2012
For me, confessing to a priest is wrong because Jesus christ came to die for our sins. in the old testament it was necessary to atone for our sins via d blood of animals and all that stuff, but in the new testament, jesus christ is our mediator. we should confess our sins to Jesus christ the living God
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by ijawkid(m): 5:19pm On May 31, 2012
italo: Jesus Christ Granted the Apostles His Authority to Forgive Sins

John 20:21 - before He grants them the authority to forgive sins, Jesus says to the apostles, "as the Father sent me, so I send you." As Christ was sent by the Father to forgive sins, so Christ sends the apostles and their successors to forgive sins.

John 20:22 - the Lord "breathes" on the apostles, and then gives them the power to forgive and retain sins. The only other moment in Scripture where God breathes on man is in Gen. 2:7, when the Lord "breathes" divine life into man. When this happens, a significant transformation takes place.

John 20:23 - Jesus says, "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained." In order for the apostles to exercise this gift of forgiving sins, the penitents must orally confess their sins to them because the apostles are not mind readers. The text makes this very clear.

Matt. 9:8 - this verse shows that God has given the authority to forgive sins to "men." Hence, whoever acknowledges that the apostles had the authority to forgive sins (which this verse demonstrates) must prove that this gift ended with the apostles. Otherwise, the apostles' successors still possess this gift. Where in Scripture is the gift of authority to forgive sins taken away from the apostles or their successors?

Matt. 9:6; Mark 2:10 - Christ forgave sins as a man (not God) to convince us that the "Son of man" has authority to forgive sins on earth.

Luke 5:24 - Luke also points out that Jesus' authority to forgive sins is as a man, not God. The Gospel writers record this to convince us that God has given this authority to men. This authority has been transferred from Christ to the apostles and their successors.

2 Cor. 5:18 - the ministry of reconciliation was given to the ambassadors of the Church. This ministry of reconciliation refers to the sacrament of reconciliation, also called the sacrament of confession or penance.

James 5:15-16 - in verse 15 we see that sins are forgiven by the priests in the sacrament of the sick. This is another example of man's authority to forgive sins on earth. Then in verse 16, James says “Therefore, confess your sins to one another,” in reference to the men referred to in verse 15, the priests of the Church.

Lev. 5:4-6; 19:21-22 - even under the Old Covenant, God used priests to forgive and atone for the sins of others.

Oh now u guys can come out and say Jesus did give his disciples d authority to forgive sins........I agree with that......

But didn't some1 also give Jesus d authority to forgive sins?

My point?

Normally when I have arguments here on NL as regards d trinity ish,one point trinity apologist give is that Jesus forgave people there sins.......

And that it is only God almighty that has d right to forgive sins and so Jesus is Yahweh or almighty God because he forgave sins.......

Now from ya point even his disciples can forgive sins absolutely(ur priests)))))))

I think ur priests are part of d trinity...
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
i.chuka:

do you know that the same words written above was said to the israelite and yet they had levite. It is said to the xtain and yet we have elders presbyter in greek, That is the root of the english word priest.
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
maryswags: For me, confessing to a priest is wrong because Jesus christ came to die for our sins. in the old testament it was necessary to atone for our sins via d blood of animals and all that stuff, but in the new testament, jesus christ is our mediator. we should confess our sins to Jesus christ the living God
for you it is wrong and yet james say u should confess ur sins to another. Y do u tink Jesus gave the church the power to 4give sins? So they shouldnt use the power?
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Oh now u guys can come out and say Jesus did give his disciples d authority to forgive sins........I agree with that......

But didn't some1 also give Jesus d authority to forgive sins?

My point?

Normally when I have arguments here on NL as regards d trinity ish,one point trinity apologist give is that Jesus forgave people there sins.......

And that it is only God almighty that has d right to forgive sins and so Jesus is Yahweh or almighty God because he forgave sins.......

Now from ya point even his disciples can forgive sins absolutely(ur priests)))))))

I think ur priests are part of d trinity...
again you are confusing issues. Jesus had the power to forgive sin. The apostles recieved to power to 4give sin in the name of God. There is a difference.
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by ijawkid(m): 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: again you are confusing issues. Jesus had the power to forgive sin. The apostles recieved to power to 4give sin in the name of God. There is a difference.

Jesus didn't also assume d power to forgive sins or judge people or condemn people.....

He was also given that power from a higher source........

The final point is both d priests and Jesus forgive sins.............

Look up italo's words he quoted from d scriptures.....mayb I can re-quote them....

""John 20:21 - before He grants them
the authority to forgive sins, Jesus says
to the apostles, "as the Father sent
me, so I send you." As Christ was sent
by the Father to forgive sins, so Christ
sends the apostles and their successors
to forgive sins""...

Do u now see what I mean

Its a chain........

1 Like

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by italo: 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ Ijawkid,

Why don't you open another thread to discuss the Trinity?

It seems to me that you just want something negative to say about Catholics, so now that you have seen that men can forgive sins, your jumping to "Trinity"
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by angiemartinez(f): 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
i can see dat most of u have isue wit d word 'confession'. So if u run to ur daddy in d lord n told him u stole ystday, wat have u done? N if dat same daddy in d lord nw gives u bible verses 2 prove dat stealn is wrng, wat haS he done? Afta ur daddy in d lord has finishd admonishn u, dnt u feel remorse n then pray to GOD?
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by ijawkid(m): 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
italo: @ Ijawkid,

Why don't you open another thread to discuss the Trinity?

It seems to me that you just want something negative to say about Catholics, so now that you have seen that men can forgive sins, your jumping to "Trinity"

Oboy I no talk lie oo......

I just brought in that to remind u guys that its not only Jesus that can forgive sins..........

Because 1 lame reason u guys give is that because Jesus forgave sins then he is almighty God.....

From that thought then his apostles too were almighty God because they could forgive sins too......

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!

And oh I forgot d trinity is ur peoples main pagan doctrine.......

Please add mary to the trinity...

She is perfect,without stain and immaculate....

Infact she is the mother of d almighty God according to ur doctrine....

So she is suppose to be part of d trinity......

Hail mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by angiemartinez(f): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

I just brought in that to remind u guys that its not only Jesus that can forgive sins..........

Because 1 lame reason u guys give is that because Jesus forgave sins then he is almighty God.....

From that thought then his apostles too were almighty God because they could forgive sins too......

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!

ijawkid:

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!

ijawkid:

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
ijawkid:

Jesus didn't also assume d power to forgive sins or judge people or condemn people.....

He was also given that power from a higher source........

The final point is both d priests and Jesus forgive sins.............

Look up italo's words he quoted from d scriptures.....mayb I can re-quote them....

""John 20:21 - before He grants them
the authority to forgive sins, Jesus says
to the apostles, "as the Father sent
me, so I send you." As Christ was sent
by the Father to forgive sins, so Christ
sends the apostles and their successors
to forgive sins""...

Do u now see what I mean

Its a chain........
you have diverted from the topic. The topic is confession not trinity. Jesus was sent, he has the power to forgive sins by the very fact that he is God. He has that power by the fact that he proceeds from the father. What the father is, the son is and so is d spirit except the distinctness as father son and spirit. The apostle to do have that power in themselve because they are not divine dat is why Jesus say 'recieve the holy spirit' that is why he breathed on them. Im intelligent by the very fact that im a human, the computer is 'intelligent' because of my intelligence, do you get it? The fact that a computer is intelligent doesnt imply that it is a human, the fact that the apostles can forgive sins doesnt imply that they are 'gods'. Logic, think!!!!!
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
bee20: No one is operfect and so no one can absolve sins; god can only do dt.. Dts all 2 say; no argument..
christ the high priest has already said 'whosoever u 4give are 4given' i will accept his words not yours.

1 Like

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
ijawkid: Why do they even have priests in d 1st place

Why then did Jesus die if priests will still be needed??

Jesus is now high priest but d catholics still insist they must still have priests.....

I don't blame them........

in d old testament there was one high priest and many levite, in the new testament we have one high priest and many presbytorous read the bible.
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2012
frosbel:

Confess your sins to GOD and not to MAN, get it ??

You have a mediator, JESUS CHRIST not that potential Paedophile Priest lurking in the dark confession boot !!!

You have been given direct access to GOD , yet you still want a mere man , flesh and blood , to intercede on your behalf, blasphemy !!!!!

my bible say 'confess your sin to another'. I will accept the bible not your words.
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by italo: 3:17am On Jun 06, 2012
It's neither a sin nor a crime to accept that you're wrong, people. What's a sin is to know the truth and run away from it or refute it.

Those who do so commit the same sin Judas and Peter committed. Jesus is the truth, so to deny or turn your back on truth is to deny or turn your back on Jesus.

Weep, embrace the truth and repent, like Peter.

Do not end up like Judas.

But then, your pride will not let you.
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by yommyuk: 5:07am On Jun 06, 2012
It is wise to carefully consider whom to confess ones sins to. Especailly nowadays where confidentiality in the hands of the clergy can be used as a tool to blackmail or hold to ransom the confessor.

Personally, I will confess only to GOD.

1 Like

Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by Murphy7h4: 7:14am On Jun 06, 2012
BUMPS
Re: Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? by ijawkid(m): 9:42am On Jun 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: you have diverted from the topic. The topic is confession not trinity. Jesus was sent, he has the power to forgive sins by the very fact that he is God. He has that power by the fact that he proceeds from the father. What the father is, the son is and so is d spirit except the distinctness as father son and spirit. The apostle to do have that power in themselve because they are not divine dat is why Jesus say 'recieve the holy spirit' that is why he breathed on them. Im intelligent by the very fact that im a human, the computer is 'intelligent' because of my intelligence, do you get it? The fact that a computer is intelligent doesnt imply that it is a human, the fact that the apostles can forgive sins doesnt imply that they are 'gods'. Logic, think!!!!!

The fact that Jesus can forgive sins doesn't make him d same as Yahweh or equal to him....

Apply ur logic to Jesus's case.........

He also received authority to forgive sins from Yahweh............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Ephraim Ononye Heals A Lady With Sickle Cell, Changes Genotype From SS To AA" / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.