Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

College In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / College In Canada (6024 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Going To A Community College In Usa / Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

College In Canada by vanessara: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2008
hi everyone,
i just applied to a college in canada.i already have a university degree in my late twenties?my question is "is it likely they give me visa?
Re: College In Canada by sayhi2ay(m): 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2008
did you apply to a graduate school or undergrad?
Re: College In Canada by vanessara: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2008
diploma
Re: College In Canada by sayhi2ay(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
why not apply to grad school ?
Re: College In Canada by vanessara: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2008
well, I tried to do that but because I graduated with a 2:2,its not an option that is favourable for me and the diploma programme is in line with what I studied at my previous university.
Re: College In Canada by Ezinwannem: 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
what is the name of the college and what program? u know u can do a post graduate diploma ehhhh
Re: College In Canada by vanessara: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
believe me i have tried it all(pre-masters),but the requirement still remains 2:1,the name of the school is centennial college,looking at architectural technology.
Re: College In Canada by smile4kenn(m): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
apply for primary school
Re: College In Canada by sayhi2ay(m): 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2008
whats was you major for undergrad ?
Re: College In Canada by vanessara: 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2008
architecture
Re: College In Canada by RolandPet(m): 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2008
Guy they will definetly give you visa if you prove beyond every reasonabls doubt that you are going for the study once it is not below the previous qualification you have gotten before.

Just pay off the whole tuition and accomodation fees from here and make sure this college is well recognised by canadian high commission here.

Peace out!

1 Like

Re: College In Canada by vanessara: 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2008
thanks roland.
Re: College In Canada by Ezinwannem: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2008
oh k, I know centennial in Scarborough. Please o, dont pay ur skool fees unless u've gotten admisison
Re: College In Canada by kaysie83: 7:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
vanessa_ra,

Have u tried the uk, I am sure their are schools that will accept a  2:2. The reason I am saying this is because Centennial College is mostly for Canadians who arent interested  in uni but still want to get some qualifications or for Immigrants looking to upgrade their education so that it will be easy for them to find work. As u said u are in ur late twenties and that to a visa officer is "no intention to return after studies".  Even if u get a visa, u will have a hard time getting a job in ur field of study because most canadian architectural firms hire pple with a first degree from a canadian uni.

The guy that owns a 7-11 in my apartment building has a masters degree in arch from peru and one of his work is displayed @ McGill Uni. He applied to a lot of arch firms and none of them hired him even though most of them studied his work during their undergrad. He decided to redo his masters @Mcgill and they turned him down. He was advised to redo his undergrad first before applying for his masters.

I will advice to look for schools in the uk that will take a 2:2 cos its likely u will be turned down.
Re: College In Canada by vanessara: 8:47am On Aug 04, 2008
thanks kaysie83,i understand that architecture is a serious course and it entails of time,well i have applied to some schools in uk.they have asked that i redo undergraduate degree,that is why i am looking at canada.
Re: College In Canada by Nobody: 1:01am On May 29, 2013
hey,I just wanted to know if you were accepted in Canada?
Re: College In Canada by justwise(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2013

(1)

Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / What A Doctor Achieved After Just 3 Years Moving To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.