Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Catholic Mass - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Mass (652 Views)

Order Of Catholic Mass / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Catholic Mass by Zoest(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
I hv always wondered in d past,why Catholic calls their services Mass,it wasn't until recently I came faced wit d reality of its applicatn; I had met wit an old friend along d roadside in my area as early as say abt 7am,afta xchng of pleasantries,I had 2 inquired of his presence in d neighbourhood dat early,he replied he's checkin on few pipo afta close 4rm church,I quickly ran a scan of veracity of his claim,I den inquired further, wch church? I asked,to wish he reply Catholic! Oh! Xclaimd,ok u attended d 1st service i retorted,1st mass he corrected me.
If he corrected my statement,it only mean my statement ws inappriopriate,I had 2 consult my dico later in d course of time,d oxfd adv learner defines Mass as (esp Roman Catholic chc) a ceremony held in memory of d last meal christ had wit his deciples -1 cor 11:23-25. D last supper ws where Jesus commanded a rembrnx of him in an order,2 wch has bin termed d holy communion. The quetions are;
1) Do catholics take holy communion on weekly bases?
2) Is Mass interchangable 2 mean both d normal sunday meetin n d communion service? And wot is their manners?
3) Why is d word Mass used in variety?
4) What is d eucharist?
This is nt a bashin thread,neither izit takin a swipe on anybody or group,nor a hit,tanx as u mak ur comment count.

Re: The Catholic Mass by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
1. The comunion is recieved every time the mass is celebrated. If the holy mass is celebrated ten times a day, the communion would be recieved by those christians in the state of grace.

2. I am not too sure ur question here but lemme give the answer to what i think you asking. The mass is the sacrifice of the body and blood of Jesus christ truely present on the alter under the appearance of bread and wine and offered to God for the living and the dead. It is divided into two parts: The liturgy of the word and that of the Eucharist (holy communion).

3. I dont get this question

4. The word "Eucharist" is from the greek word "Eucharisteo" which means thanksgiving. The holycommunion is called Eucharist because chatholics believe it is the biggest sacrifice/thanks you can possibly give to God for the redemption of man. As the psalmist said: "how can i repay the goodness of the lord to me? The cup of salvation i will raise and i will call on the lord's name."

at the last supper, jesus said, this is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant which has been shed for SALVATION of men.

at Mass, the priest raises the "cup of salvation" and he "calls on the lord's name."
Re: The Catholic Mass by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
1. The comunion is recieved every time the mass is celebrated. If the holy mass is celebrated ten times a day, the communion would be recieved by those christians in the state of grace.

2. I am not too sure ur question here but lemme give the answer to what i think you asking. The mass is the sacrifice of the body and blood of Jesus christ truely present on the alter under the appearance of bread and wine and offered to God for the living and the dead. It is divided into two parts: The liturgy of the word and that of the Eucharist (holy communion).

3. I dont get this question

4. The word "Eucharist" is from the greek word "Eucharisteo" which means thanksgiving. The holycommunion is called Eucharist because chatholics believe it is the biggest sacrifice/thanks you can possibly give to God for the redemption of man. As the psalmist said: "how can i repay the goodness of the lord to me? The cup of salvation i will raise and i will call on the lord's name."

at the last supper, jesus said, this is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant which has been shed for SALVATION of men.

at Mass, the priest raises the "cup of salvation" and he "calls on the lord's name."

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Religious Spirits / Barbara Anderson Relates Amazing Info About Past WT President Nathan Knor / MFM Pastor Close To Blindness Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.