Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko (10131 Views)

Kids Transported To School In Lokoja In An Open-Vehicle (photos) / An Open Letter To OAU School Management By A Student / Gov. Mimiko Sack 30 Senior Staffs Of Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Davo93(m): 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
His Excellency, the Governor of Ondo State, Dr Olusegun Rahman Mimiko, I hereby write this letter to you sir, on behalf of Ondo State Students across various tertiary institutions in Nigeria to show how we feel at this time and what we are subjected to by your administration.

To start with sir, I must sincerely appreciate your good works so far at transforming the regional leading state to a developmental bench mark for other states in Africa. This is very laudable! This can be said was obvious in the resounding victory you had in the 2012 Gubernatorial Poll during which you were given a return mandate to serve our darling state for a second term by the good people of Ondo state. This definately shows how much the people of Ondo state love you.

I will not bow to the call of nature to continue to enumerate many good things you have done to our state, hence, turning this open letter to an appreciation letter. I know beyond this letter, the great people of Ondo State have their various yardsticks to measure your performances and appreciate you in their hearts and beyond. There is a purpose for this letter, so I will be quick to declare.

Sir, the main purpose of this letter is to draw you attention to some contentious and grieving issues on the 2013 Bursary and Scholarship Award to Ondo State students. It is quite unfortunate that since we applied for this award around March this year, no credible information has been passed to the students on when the payment will be made and most importantly, why it is been delayed.

It will be recalled that same thing happened last year but the bursary award was eventually paid into the beneficiaries' bank accounts on November 10, 2012 which is more than a month calculating by that this year. This is not good and accepted. Many of us have budgeted one or two things we wish to realize with this token before this year runs out.

Mr Governor, a rumour was around the media credited to the newly appointed Director of the Ondo State Scholarship Board, Mr Awude sometimes last month. He said the State Executive Council has approved the money meant for the Bursary and Scholarship payment. So if this is anything to go by, then we do not know why the payment should still be delayed! If Mr Awude is not capable of discharging this simple task at this time, then we do not see reasons why he should still remain in that position.

Honourable governor, the continued delay we are experiencing on this bursary and scholarship payment has brought a lot of doubt on the sincerity of your promises to us. Infact, most of us have been forced to conclude that the 2012 Guber Poll that was so close then was what forced you to pay our 2012 Bursary and Scholarship Awards at that time.

We are pleading with you sir to please intervene in our cause yourself and mandate the Ondo State Schorlarship Board irrespective of any barricade or Union propositions to pay us before Christmas this year. We applied ourselves directly to the Board and not through any student association and we also paid with our own money a sum of N500 for application processing, hence, any extreme or irrelevant consultation is uncalled for. At least, we can have something to cheer about and settle our educational bills before new year if you accede to our plea. We believe you listen to your people and that has earned you the title, The Caring Heart Governor. We know our own case will not be an exception.

Sir, permit us to also use this medium to wish you a Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year in waiting. Iroko joo, ko ma lo beee...

For: Concerned NAOSSites

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by donfemo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
My brother calm down, civil servants who have worked and labored are yet to be paid, teachers and others are being paid in batches because there is no Money in the state, this were some of issues mimiko addressed at the christmas carol held yesterday, but he did not say why the payment has been that way, but it is obvious that he has spent so much money in the last election and he incurred so much debt in the cause of the election tribunal. As i speak, mimiko is owing his legal council. He will use 2014 to settle his debt and then the last 2years to acquire wealth for him self so brother just forget about Bursary for now, also capital developments in ondo state has been stopped, there haven't been much actually. mimiko has been constructing a five kilometer road in his home town (ondo town) for 5years now. just know Ondo state for now is on hold for now

8 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Davo93(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
@donfemo, thanks for telling us thesame story Mimiko loyalists have been saying to us over time. If i may ask sir, where is the money meant for the state? Where is the federal annual budgetary allocation going into? How about allocations to Ondo state for being an oil producing state?

If Mimiko is telling us there is no money in the state purse, then he should tell the whole state people how he misused our funds and allocations. These are just valid reasons to conclude that the sacred money of the Ondo state people was the one used to sponsor the Labour Party candidate in the failed Anambra election.

I think you missed the aspect of the letter that said the money for the bursary and scholarship awards has been approved and the only delay is coming from the Scholarship Board Director.

If he cannot pay us the token, then i think it is not a bad idea for him to come out clearly and refund our application fee and history will always record him as a selfish leader. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by ninja4life(m): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Front page
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Rummenigge(m): 6:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Mods front page pls
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by FoxyFlow(m): 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Season of open letters.

Well, I like what you pointed out but bro, sorry eh....

Well, my head and brain are both functioning independently because I have not been paid ooo....

I feel your pain but hardluck man angry angry
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by mmmustapha(m): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
My fellow Nigerians, ask not what your country can do for
you, ask what you can do for your country, thats d only way forward
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by LMAyedun(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
2013, Year of open letters.
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by ednut1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
God punish me if I hv read any of all dis yeye letters
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by shutto: 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Greetings to My Fellow Nairalanders and guests as well.

This is our Third week of operation at [url=http://]elibraryng[/url] and we want to thank God that we have recorded quite number of success.

We also Successfully Launched our website here on 14/10/2013 of which many people reading this can bear us witness because we gave out many free educative and inspiring ebooks and we have received countless numbers of emails from our customers thanking us for how our books have kinda changed their life positively,and they are continually patronizing us,wow we were amazed by our sales.I have encouraged them to begin to write reviews of Our ebooks they read on our review section and how it changed their lives of which they promised to do.Many of them after reading them now became motivated,Inspired,and many improved,of which I won't display their names and emails for security reasons.

Please take out time to compare our ebooks with Jumia or Konga if they even have them and compare their prices,and we deliver instantly as soon as payment is received because we already have the ebooks with us

We are giving out free ebooks again of your choice on any Category or Kind.Buy or order three ebooks from us and get one free,Our system records each time you've bought any ebook.So any Time You buy [url=http://]Ebook[/url] from us three times,You get One free,or If you buy 3 books at once,You get One free,Our ebooks are so cheap,to prove to you that we aren't running this Just for the money but for everybody's good.

We will also be doing the best customer of the Month,and It is based on Our customer who spent the most on purchasing our ebooks.Alot of prices awaits him or her and it will officially start by January till the end of every Month.

So what are You doing now with Your time,are you Making good use of it?,or are you busy spending Your time on Trivialities.No matter who You are or Your profession,there is always a book for you to read.

Are you a politician,A Student,Pastor,lecturer,Entrepreneur,Trader,Doctor,Pharmacist,Engineer,Artist,Programmer,Novelist,Webmaster,Job seeker,e.t.c,there is a book for You to read and we have best selling ebooks from professional authors on all of them.Why not Grab one now and read.You may find solution to that problem by reading that book.

You can learn how to order our ebooks by Clicking this LINK

You can also pay through ATM Transfer,or Internet Money transfer with Your phone.You don't need to provide your teller number if you followed that procedure,just provide other important details of the transfer,We deliver the ebook to Your mail instantly as payment is confirmed.

Looking Forward to See you,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year In Advance
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by olempe(m): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
@ op, calm down, Mimiko will pay ur 10k.

By the way, I hate to hear the name NAOSS cos most of their (people like TK) excos aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ bunch of thieves who should be in EFCC net.
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by blackbeau1(f): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerians and their 'follow follow' lifestyle. Must everyone write letter?
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by unmask: 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
hmmmm......they still pay bursary?......didn't bother while in school when I was told to bring 750, so as to collect 1k5

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by nerodenero: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
black_beau: Nigerians and their 'follow follow' lifestyle. Must everyone write letter?
It is the season of open lettersWriter or OP,please take note -it is 'paid' and not 'payed'.
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Open letter everywhere, pls i want 2 write 2 PEJ
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Vanpascore(m): 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
Why paying for Bursary processing? If he cant pay then let him hold d money. Anyway his time will end one day and history will be there. ON TOP HOW MUCH?
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by ygenius: 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
he don spend money finish with his school fees during ASUU strike,come they blame mimiko for it,i know say na beer parlour him dey type that shit he call open letter.............9ja student i hail o

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by ygenius: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
but my mind they tell me say u must be a noise maker.................i pray the letter reach post office
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by habbyy03: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
@David OP....dem go soon arrest u i promise
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by deolu2000(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
I dey come back,mk i drink water cos to read diz epistle go mk my throat dry.
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Abbeylincson(m): 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ok
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nonsense you did not even thank God that he's promising and has been giving bursary to students from ondo state.

Mtchew, my state that doesn't give nko, we should carry cardboards and start protesting? Mtchew focus on ur studies and stop wanting cheap, free money.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
unmask: hmmmm......they still pay bursary?......didn't bother while in school when I was told to bring 750, so as to collect 1k5
grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by omusiliyu(m): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Is your right, fight for it.. But i heard that they promise to pay the 2 before this year runs out. They've paid those that pass the schorlarship test their 100k, they'll settle the bursary payment after that..
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Davo93(m): 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
nerodenero: It is the season of open lettersWriter or OP,please take note -it is 'paid' and not 'payed'.
Thanks... I have corrected that. smiley
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Davo93(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
habbyy03: @David OP....dem go soon arrest u i promise
Mr Habby03, arrest me on what charge? Lol
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by buzyguy: 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
what is the naoss president afolayan awodola doing? i think he should be taking some steps.abi dem don bribe ham ni?
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Funjosh(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
Please someone should please sumerize this letter for me please
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ondo state govt is even yet to pay NYSC state allawance for d pass 4 years nw,corpers r survivin in ondo state criously,they will tell u they will pay d state allawee @ d end of d servic year buh ntin to com out for d pass 4 year nw,I servic last yrs in d state nd till nw hv nt seen any moni ,Mr gov pls do sumtin to it

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by ravensckar(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Blessed ar those who alwz comment b4 readin a post 4 dey shal alwz make frontpage. Yeeeesssss! I made frontpage again ds week.

Watz d topic self? Som1 shld plz remind me...
Re: An Open Letter To Dr Olusegun Mimiko by Dhelake: 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ondo State is in a mess... Even with all the oil money.. They still can't pay worker's salary, Bursary, corpers allowance.... what a failing state

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb & Neco Biometric Fingerprint Scanner U Are U4500 Digitalpersona For Sale / 2015/2016 Post-utme - Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana / Unijos Students To Pay N12,000 Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.