Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Broadcasting Organisation Of Nigeria Bans Tuface, Starboy, Banky W, Iyanya Music - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Broadcasting Organisation Of Nigeria Bans Tuface, Starboy, Banky W, Iyanya Music (1279 Views)

BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin / Desmond Elliot,Monalisa,Banky W,Others Stun At Movie Premiere Of 'Falling'(Pics) / NBC Releases List Of Media Houses That Breached Broadcasting Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broadcasting Organisation Of Nigeria Bans Tuface, Starboy, Banky W, Iyanya Music by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/feature/midweek-revue/bon-ban-goes-messier-nigerian-artistes-fight-back/

The ongoing feud between the Copyright Society of Nigeria, the alliance of the Independence Broadcast Association of Nigeria and Broadcast Organisation of Nigeria is taking a toll on the Nigerian music industry.

Since the ban on the airplay of works of 96 Nigerian music artistes was pronounced on December 4.

A huge void has been created with regards to the contents on air at Nigerian radio and television stations.

The ban was conveyed in a press release jointly signed by Sonny Adun and Guy Murray-Bruce who are IBAN Chairman and Secretary respectively.

The dispute also appears to be detrimental to the operations at the affected radio and TV stations. This is because most operators are having a hard time trying to adhere to the 60 per cent local broadcast content for open television and 80 per cent local broadcast content for radio – as stipulated by the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission.

For terrestrial TV stations, it is business as usual. Since the task of reflecting a minimum of 20 per cent local content in their programming as ordered by the regulatory body is a no brainer. The banned songs and videos have found solace on these stations.

With more than 100 artistes under the COSON watch, 85 per cent of who are popular acts, there is no gainsaying that the bulk of music airplay is suffering decline. For anchors of solely Nigerian music programming content, this is nothing but a bad time.’

The affected artistes include big names like 2face Idibia, D’banj, Omawumi, Onyeka Onwenu, Inyanya as well as other upcoming acts. Also affected are Iyanya, Olamide, Dr Sid, Sammie Okposo, Banky W and Wizkid,

Several radio stations like Lagos -based, Inspiration FM constantly justify their stance in form of public announcements which are replayed at close intervals. The media outfit s have also gone a step further asking non-members of COSON who want their songs to be placed to come forward.

On the contrary, a school of thought is of the opinion that the ban is a welcome development and blessing in disguise. The concerned people say it is the much needed breather from the ‘over saturation of the Nigerian airwaves from commercial and empty music”.

For Olusegun Leigh on Twitter, the up-and-coming artistes now own the day. His tweet read, “Every up-and- coming artiste out there should take advantage of this COSON/BON rift. This is the time to get the airplay you have always wanted.”
Re: Broadcasting Organisation Of Nigeria Bans Tuface, Starboy, Banky W, Iyanya Music by handsomebolanle: 1:14am On Jul 02, 2020
[/b]Investment / Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi: 6:31pm On May 25
handsomebolanle:
*Not everything that calls for your attention deserves a reaction...*

Pa Emma I'd like to discuss something with you personally though..a business I have been working on for briefly over a year...Its a long term though...To seek [/b]most importantly[b] for your advice and if interested financially support as an investor....cheesy grin cheesy

Good day, I am sorry I don't attend to PMs.

Mention me on a dead thread. Thank you[quote][b]

Good day Pa Emmanuelewumi,

I'd like to introduce you to a start up I have brewed for over 2 years.... It's a long term and in-phase business.
But to go straight to the point I currently need about 58.4 percent of the fund to kick start which equates to 3.5million...And this is like the bearest minimum after cutting so much cost..
My Pre-covid need was about 25 percent meaning I already secured 75 percent of fund needed..because I had promising funds/investor but reality on ground and circumstances related to health couldn't make him continue. And even at the point of registeration it has always been one challenge to the other....

My 41.6 percent will serve as a leverage to sell of asset if it fails as you will be holding it...I will be willing to pay your money back as I believe I will comfortably be able to return back to you at 10percent circa within a year or even less (at most 1 and half) as I will be going through rigorous payback to you first at the early/first stage of the business starting...(we can always find a way around this but its certain you can withhold the asset pending you get paid back)...

I have registered the business for over a year now with no concrete operation due to lack of adequate funding and will be supervising it personally...
Bank loan isn't looking like a good option for a start up especially considering the level of uncertainties that is in our country...

I will appreciate your interest and most importantly your advice on this(even if you won't be putting your cash) ....To likewise discuss with you on the future possibilities of the business.
Re: Broadcasting Organisation Of Nigeria Bans Tuface, Starboy, Banky W, Iyanya Music by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:57am On Jul 02, 2020
handsomebolanle:
[b][/b]Investment / Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi: 6:31pm On May 25
handsomebolanle:
*Not everything that calls for your attention deserves a reaction...*

Pa Emma I'd like to discuss something with you personally though..a business I have been working on for briefly over a year...Its a long term though...To seek [/b]most importantly[b] for your advice and if interested financially support as an investor....cheesy grin cheesy

Good day, I am sorry I don't attend to PMs.

Mention me on a dead thread. Thank you

I am sorry I don't invest in what I don't understand.

The best way to start a business is to use your personal savings, soft loans from family and friends, loans from microfinance banks or banks.

Or by selling shares, this will reflect in share ownership with the registration of the business with Corporate Affairs Commission.

It is always advisable to start small and grow. Using debts to start a business is a No No. I have their before.

Banks will give you loans for the expansion of the business and not for the establishment of a new business unless you have a collateral that is higher than the value of the loan you need

1 Like

Re: Broadcasting Organisation Of Nigeria Bans Tuface, Starboy, Banky W, Iyanya Music by handsomebolanle: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I am sorry I don't invest in what I don't understand.

The best way to start a business is to use your personal savings, soft loans from family and friends, loans from microfinance banks or banks.

Or by selling shares, this will reflect in share ownership with the registration of the business with Corporate Affairs Commission.

It is always advisable to start small and grow. Using debts to start a business is a No No. I have their before.

Banks will give you loans for the expansion of the business and not for the establishment of a new business unless you have a collateral that is higher than the value of the loan you need

It's an Haulage business but with a different approach in the business model....
Unfortunately I have registered the business with CAC already in share ownership..As what was obtainable then as the plan was to kickstart immediately....but I dont think that is an issue as one can always work out documents on share ownership....

Can you suggest a list if microfinance banks I can approach.(Since we just need a completion not overall capital)....I will appreciate this...

...Thank you very much sir...

(1) (Reply)

Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) / Watch The Making Of This New TV Series "INDUSTREET" / Gulder Ultimate Search Registration Guide 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.