Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

You Wanna Live In UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Wanna Live In UK (1856 Views)

Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Wanna Live In UK by landis(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
Guys,
If you really want to live in UK with full LEGAL right here is best option: BE A GAY!

Davis Mac-Iyalla is an Anglican from Nigeria - nothing unusual about that - but he is also gay and the death threats he has received since being open about his sexuality led him to seek asylum in the UK.

The Method;
His troubles began when, in 2005, he founded the Nigerian branch of Changing Attitude, an Anglican pressure group that campaigns for the full inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in the life of the church

--

"People began to send me death threats by e-mail, by text messages, and it got so serious I had to flee Nigeria to Togo."

and within 1 year you could be singing:
He decided to apply for asylum in the UK - and it was rapidly granted.

"I am so grateful to the government of the UK for granting me asylum, for giving me safety, and for allowing me to be alive to continue my work," he says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7535533.stm

Be clever, you don't need to cross dessert or swimm atlantic ocean.
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by funkybaby(f): 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hahahaha grin grin
Orisirisi. Lol

Reminds me of a case i stumbled upon - a man with his family got their request for asylum in UK granted because they claimed they were being threatened by members of Ogboni Confraternity. grin
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by megastu(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2008
Naija,

wetin we no go do to chop aduro
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by landis(m): 6:58am On Aug 01, 2008
megastu:

Naija,

wetin we no go do to chop aduro

well, it is better to be clever than to drown cross from Lampendusa.
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by 8ball(m): 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ poster

What an outrageous way of buttressing yo point.Ny way,u lack depth in the strength of yo ridiculous argument.It's all garbage.stop wasting our time wiv posters such as this.Lol
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by kadman(m): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ 8ball

The post was meant to be funny/sacarstic, stop being so uptight.
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by landis(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2008
8ball:

@ poster

What an outrageous way of buttressing yo point.Ny way,u lack depth in the strength of yo ridiculous argument.It's all garbage.stop wasting our time with posters such as this.Lol

may be you prefer more of below wasteful-deaths; when people could more be clever and still achieve their goal

A fortnight ago also, 14 Nigerians perished in the same Mediterranean Sea off the Spanish coast. A small open boat, presumably not seaworthy, carrying over 37 Nigerians, capsized in rough seas with waves of up to six metres on July 8. A Spanish maritime rescue ship reportedly managed to rescue 23 of the illegal immigrants while 14 were unaccounted for. The dead included two pregnant women.
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by idupaul: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2008
You Wanna Live In UK

NO
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by landis(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2008
@idupaul,

very clever.

Good to know that atleast some nigerians that still love naija.
grin cheesy grin
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by Busybody2(f): 12:55am On Aug 07, 2008
yes please
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by busybody20: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2008
yes!
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by kasyula: 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2008
I'm travelling to the UK and would like to know whether I'm obligated to make a two way ticket.

I wil be travelling from Italy, hence I'm chanced to use a low cost airline (Ryanair). As a result, because I have a two year visa, they canot process a ticket with a 2 year validity span.

Please lemmie know if it will create a problem for my entry in Heathrow.

Thank you,

Joe
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by SMC(f): 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2008
kasyula:

I'm travelling to the UK and would like to know whether I'm obligated to make a two way ticket.

I wil be travelling from Italy, hence I'm chanced to use a low cost airline (Ryanair). As a result, because I have a two year visa, they canot process a ticket with a 2 year validity span.

Please lemmie know if it will create a problem for my entry in Heathrow.

Thank you,

Joe

You better know what you are doing. The fact that you have a two year visa does not mean you can stay in the UK for two years o (unless it is resident permit for two years). Whether you have a two year or a five or ten year visa, if it is a visitor's visa, you are not allowed to remain in the country for more than six months at a time (unless you obtain further permission to remain/ extend your stay). I'll advise you to hold your return ticket (tickets can get issued up to a year for for return tickets). Sometimes, the immigration officers so not ask for it, but nowadays, they do more often than not.
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by Tats(m): 12:27am On Aug 09, 2008
SMC:

You better know what you are doing. The fact that you have a two year visa does not mean you can stay in the UK for two years o (unless it is resident permit for two years). Whether you have a two year or a five or ten year visa, if it is a visitor's visa, you are not allowed to remain in the country for more than six months at a time (unless you obtain further permission to remain/ extend your stay). I'll advise you to hold your return ticket (tickets can get issued up to a year for for return tickets). Sometimes, the immigration officers so not ask for it, but nowadays, they do more often than not.

Excellent response!
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by kasyula: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2008
Thanks for your reply,

I'm having a WORKING HOLIDAY VISA. Unlike the tourist, it allows someone to stay in the UK for a full 2 years, but engaging only in 12 months employment.
Thats why I'm asking if I'm obligated to buy it. The fact is I will be travelling to and from Italy whilst in the UK, but then not knowing the exact date I cannot risk spending money on a ticket that will create an hindrance in the future.

Thanks once more for the advice.

joe
Re: You Wanna Live In UK by Nijasingh: 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2009
kasyula:

Thanks for your reply,

I'm having a WORKING HOLIDAY VISA. Unlike the tourist, it allows someone to stay in the UK for a full 2 years, but engaging only in 12 months employment.
Thats why I'm asking if I'm obligated to buy it. The fact is I will be travelling to and from Italy whilst in the UK, but then not knowing the exact date I cannot risk spending money on a ticket that will create an hindrance in the future.

Thanks once more for the advice.

joe

Take no chances man, just buy return open dated (slightly more expensive).

(1) (Reply)

Details 4 Travelling From Zaria To Lagos With Private Car / Can South African Visitor Visa Be Converted To Study Visa? / Where To Get Cheap Hotel In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.