Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan (10417 Views)

Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Heads Of Federal Agencies As Of Last Year (jonathan's Administration) / We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by igbeke: 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan said on Wednesday that all necessary preparations are being made to ensure that the proposed national conference takes off immediately in the new year.

The President who spoke when he received the report of Dr. Femi Okunrounmu led Presidential Advisory Committee on National Conference said he has already directed that adequate financial provision should be made for the take off of the conference.

The Committee also insisted that contrary to media reports, there was no split among its members or any minority report. Taking a cue from the earlier speech of Dr. Okunrounmu, the President said the proposed dialogue will be referred to as national conference.

“I can use the word national conference because the national Chairman used it. So, I assume that is the name the Committee has agreed on,” the President who described as another milestone in the task of building a more united and equitable country, said.

“I have no personal interest in this dialogue and I will allow the will of Nigerians to prevail,” said the President.

While reiterating the fact that his administration is committed to building a stronger union of Nigerian family, the President said he is happy that there was only one demand for dissolution of Nigeria federal structure in the public hearings held by the Committee across 13 major cities of the country.

He added that the proposed national conference offered an opportunity to strengthen Nigeria’s unity and democracy and every Nigerian should participate in it.

On a lighter note, the President noted that “by the time we conclude this conference, I hope there will be no more open letters.”.

Speaking earlier, Dr. Okunrounmu said the public hearings held by the Committee showed that most Nigerians are very enthusiastic about the prospect being the architect of new Nigeria by taking part in setting the ground norms as will be done through the proposed national conference.
He added that those who are initially sceptical about the idea of national conference have now being turned into believers.

“I say emphatically that we have no minority report,” Dr. Okunrounmu who said the Committee did not react to initial controversies because it has not submitted its report and out of protocol said.

Also, Chief Solomon Asemota who was reported to have submitted the minority report refused to confirm or deny the rumours when he was confronted.

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria told inquisitive journalists that he aligned with what the Chairman has said about the issue. The report was accompanied by 16 volumes of appendices of 4000 pages.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/18/confab-holds-early-next-year-jonathan/
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Olastep(m): 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
No qualms

ride on

1 Like

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
. grin grin
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by fragilgal(f): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
With u mr president!!

9 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by emmaliveth10(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
C grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color]onference or no conference!all i know is that i was 4th to comment!so much achievement
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by ayswagga5: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
FIRST PAGE ......NONIIIIII
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by lafuria1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by ngdude(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Rogger that Mr. President
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by xynerise: 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
We are waiting
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Decapo: 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Fresh Air

4 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
It's either regional government or Oduduwa republic. Nothing else!!!

6 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Rhemar(m): 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
It's long overdue, let's hope we can fashion a way forward through it
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Yes!
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Akiika: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Someone is shitting in his pants...lol.
I predict GEJ will be impeached before he sets up some nonsensical Confab.
What happens to the deliberations of the one OBJ arranged.
Your days are numbered, 'the one without shoe'.

6 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by vipers: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
ubi jus ibi remedium

1 Like

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Ajpharm(m): 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
I just hope this turns out good in the interest of Nigerians because our politicians have a way a screwing things up. But I still have the belief that Nigeria Go Still Better. We are still going to reclaim our title as the Giant Of Africa back.

5 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Judee99(m): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
I hope iya tawa at mushin will have a say, baba nnamdi at alaba too will say a word or 2 nd bro franklin wil contribute nd nt doze drum bellies n shepopotamus

1 Like

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Fadelex(m): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
mtchew...
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by laughterclub(m): 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
GIVE US BIG GIANT OF AFRICA IN A NEW NIGERIA DAT IS CRIME AND SCAM FREE.VOTE GEJ 2015 AND RE VOTE ROCHAS FOR IMO STATE.

1 Like

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Akiika: 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ajpharm: I just hope this turns out good in the interest of Nigerians because our politicians have a way a screwing things up. But I still have the belief that Nigeria Go Still Better. We are still going to reclaim our title as the Giant Of Africa back.
Na yam, how about struggle not to be the chicken of Africa?
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Fiasco
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by blakky97(m): 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
Make dis guy 4get dat matter! Confab for watin?

1 Like

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 10:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mr. president you have been damaged beyond repairs. Nothing will stop you from defeat at election in 2015 ( assuming that you "win" the primaries in your beliguered and dwindling party. ) what would have saved you was good governance and not a purposeless national conference .but it's too late. You are on your way home to otueke.

16 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by GenWOJUOLA(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
Owkae, d earlier the better
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by FunnyPikincom(m): 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
Another Jamboree to Celebrate Our Treasury Looters angry angry
I know Nothing will come out of it undecided undecided
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by tomakint: 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
The man of the moment, Goodluck Jonathan, is not losing focus on this great step of 'fixing the many wrongs' in the polity....really love the part where he chided 'writer of open letters' I just love this man, Goodluck Jonathan!

23 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by prinzeepule(m): 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
wat f pre-confab for southwest?.....na dem sabi,even if d masses no gree make dem do am ,dem go still proceed.....y tellin us self sinz we no rily concerns dem?
Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by gen2briz(m): 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
My only prayer be say make this fresh air no kill me..... na on top fresh air I stand oo

5 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by patriotic007: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
GEJ's leadership style has never been witnessed before by Nigerians,....No matter how you provoke or push him,he will remain focused and do what he wants to do,....His humility has set a standard for any leader that will rule this country in the future

23 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by Gamji007: 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
AnanseK: Mr. president you have been damaged beyond repairs. Nothing will stop you from defeat at election in 2014 ( assuming that you "win" the primaries in your beliguered and dwindling party. ) what would have saved you was good governance and not a purposeless national conference .but it's too late. You are on your way home to otueke.

I really don't see how this national confab is going to do work amidst massive corruption, ethnic and religious bias being displayed by the president.
GEJ should know that his secession agenda will fail and he should be ready to leave Aso villa come 2015.

6 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by confusion247(m): 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
silent don: It's either regional government or Oduduwa republic. Nothing else!!!
On Aburi We Stand. Biafran independence is getting closer. South South Republic watching in 3D

5 Likes

Re: Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan by jmaine: 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
On a lighter note, the President noted that “by the time we conclude this conference, I hope there will be no more open letters.”.

. . . . . . . Sighted . . . . ..

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

555 Pvcs Of Dead Persons Found In Ogun State / Are You Watching Biafra Tv Now (live Pics) / President Muhammadu Buhari Leaves For Addis Ababa Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.