Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,082 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn (39151 Views)

Nigeria’s GDP To Hit $2trn By 2030, If… —lai Mohammed. / Nigeria's Economy is Among The Largest in the World, says Jonathan / Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Naaigerians are so UNBELIEVABLE. ALL THEY R GOOD AT IS HEARSAY. I LAUGHED AT SOME OTHER ARTICLE BY A Naaigerian JOURN WHO CLAIMED NAAIGERIAN AIRPORT MURTALA WAS IS IN THE TOP 100 IN THE WORLD. Thats article is still online. IT TOOK ONE GUYS POST OUT OF 20 POSTS TO CORRECT THE JOURNO AND SAID. Theres NO Naaigerian airport in TOP 100 even in TOP 160 in the world.

THATS HOW THICK/dumb YA'LL ARE.
grin grin grin grin grin

Even on this article by Atuanya NIGERIAN FINANCE MINISTER OKONJO HASN'T MADE ANY "ANNOUNCEMENT". But JEEZ NL DUMMIES ARE ALREADY SPEWING LIES. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Verapon
WE HAVE MET BEFORE DIMWIT. REMEMBER THAT "DEAD THREAD". grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Scipher
Your friend All4naija made NOISE about Eko atlantic not until he saw what we're building and THE CHINESE NEW YORK OPF AFRICA PROJECT.
This project will start as early as JANUARY 2014 if u read that article. The CHINESE spent R1billion to buy that LAND for this new city.
Naaigeria VS SOUTH AFRICA
Eko Atlantic city is 10 million sq km NEW CITY IN GAUTENG by Chinese is 16 million sq km
WE STILL HAVE GAUTENG CITY (INFILLING THE GAP between Joburg and Pretoria), WATERFALL CITY, STEYN CITY, ZONKI IZIZWE, AMAZULU WORLD.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1531220&page=2

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Collyn20
DRUG PADDLER I WAS INVITED TO THIS THREAD. I have invited GraigB and others. GOSSIPERS WE HAVE ARRIVED. Thabo Mbeki lectured in Naaigeria and knows ya'll in and out. HE MENTIONED ON HIS LATEST ARTICLE THAT NAAIGERIANS ARE GOOD AT MAKING "FALSE CLAIMS AND LIES". Even now ya'll are making noise about one guys article. Atuanya is in the DARK like many of u. He can't even tell the % ur GDP was rebased at. grin grin grin grin grin grin

WISHY WASHY NATION. WE WILL WAIT FOR THE "RUBBER LIPPED BLIND pitch black BI--T---CH/OKONJO" TO TELL US. Naaigeria is still short from SA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
SOUTH AFRICA IS IN THE SAME LEVEL WITH "NORTH AFRICA ARAB STATES IN MANY THINGS".
THIS TREND OF S.A. AND NORTH AFRICA TOPPING AFRICA IN HDI INDEX WILL CONTINUE UNTIL YEAR 2300 TILL JESUS COMES BACK. grin grin grin

Some things were meant to be PITCH BLACK SUB HUMANS. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
In January the WESTERN CAPE government is starting with WESCAPE.
A PROJECT AIMED AT SOLVING CAPE TOWNS "HOUSING PROBLEMS".

Thats a $15 billion housing project.

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Cubeet
This is SA slums known by everyone even INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE STUDENTS. Visit these areas. Note: SA has built 3 million housing units from 1994-2012.

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Osytein
YOU INVITED ME TO COME HERE. AM THANKFUL FOR THE INVITATION. grin grin grin grin grin Medase paa wink wink wink wink wink wink

WE ALREADY KNOW "SOUTH AFRICA WILL JOIN 1ST WORLD STATUS BEFORE SH8T HOLE BABOONLAND Naaigeria".

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Arosa(m): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
kwame tut: @Arosa
THOSE ARE CHEAP BLOWS I WENT TO THE BANK TO DO AN INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER. Only to find out theres this WEAK BLOW.

THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW THE WHITE RACE IS BETTER OFF IF WE TALK POVERTY. grin grin grin grin

I had to come up with something, I try better next time. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Umhlanga a booming NEW CITY, 20 km north of Durban. grin grin grin grin A suburb turned into a CITY after 1994.

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
DON'T WORRY FROM TODAY KNOW ONE THING WE "WILL ALWAYS COME BACK TO CLEAR IGBO LIES" ON THIS THREAD.

ITS ON!!!!!!!!!

Arosa:

I had to come up with something, I try better next time. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
Umhlanga overlooking the INDIAN COEAN.

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
NO WONDER WE HAVE BOKO HARAM AND OTHERS. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by kwametut: 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Im going to the mall. I will be BACK!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
hungry Boon fvckers!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Arosa(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
Imagine this disgrace to Africans. Why? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
wow... look at Ghanaians posting another country's pictures let me have lunch.. coming back for y'all

even the real south Africans are avoiding this thread.. grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
This guy, Kwame Tut, is a Ghanaian disease! He keeps repeating the same sh*ts all around the whole threads which involved SA and Nigeria. His argument is always flawed and he likes to paint wrong images of discussions. The truth of the matter is that nobody takes him seriously and often seeking attention!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Arosa(m): 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Indeed! he is the master of posting redundant information. that Tut of a guy.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by rej00: 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
having lived in lagos and dubai for a couple of years, i can authoritativly say things are improving in naija. And even if nigeria's rebased economy is about $405B i still believe its a far cry from the reality. Why? Because nigeria's informal economy is far more larger than the formal sector even if not in monetary terms but in number of businesses. Example, in my current town of residence, for every teacher, banker, and others who pay taxes and have records of incomes there dozens more traders, artisans, faarmers and others who dont pay taxes and the government does not have records of income. As a matter of fact there are very few formal sectors workers that own a private house while on the other hand most houses are built by these informal sector business owners. I have a friend who is a painter he told me he can grossly save upto 500k naira annually. In nigeria most construction workers are informally operating which means they are not registered companies, they dont pay taxes and they dont give account of their income....... Despite all these in the past five years, my town have experienced a boom in building construction. Its only a liar that would deny that nigeria economy has not improved. But all these positive economic outlook is innudated by the serious lack of infracstructure e.g good roads, security, power, health etc i am not saying that is not improving infact its better now than 15yrs ago. It would have been better had the level of corruption were low

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Am back
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kwame are u a gaynaian or a south mzansi
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nyumba(m): 5:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
Stein City, the New York of Africa VS Eko Atlantic, the Shanghai of Africa

New York

Shanghai

[img]http://www.boalingua.ch/uploads/media_tool/images/china_shanghai_skyline_fluss.jpg[/img]

Guess who wins
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
with your very tiny population of 26million, and a very tiny land area. A town called gayna. ACCRA SLUM

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by rej00: 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
this is for those comparing naija with SA, honestly i think south africa is still ahead in terms of living standard but there are some points i want to raise here. Nigeria was under a military rule for about 30yrs. These leaders never had insight in developing the economy, they never built infracstures and fortunately they didnt deprived nigerians of their freedom like education, businesses and many other rights but the economy and infracstures was not encouraging that is beside a functional democracy. Little wonder that in just 10yrs of democracy whr the government are trying their best to fix the economic and infracstural deficite(which is not even upto average) there is improvement of over 200%..... Meanwhile south africans battled appertheid for almost the same number of yrs but the difference was their economy was functional during this period infact all the infracsture boast of now was built mainly during the apertheid era..... In conclusion, the south africans are a little bit disadvantaged in the long run because unlike nigerians, majority of their population were deprived of their basic rights like education, enterpreneurship and business ventures but this factors maybe insignificant if they are abe to encourage more people in having education and inspire the spirit of adventurism which majority of nigerians possess. If their government can drive this initiative the future would be bright. As for the living standard in nigeria, we need to do more because for every one south african there 3 nigerians.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
kwame tut: NO WONDER WE HAVE BOKO HARAM AND OTHERS. grin grin grin grin grin
WHAT Do you know about Boko Haram. Look at the reason for their existence in Nigeria https://www.nairaland.com/765135/boko-haram-leader-speaks-aim besides that, why is alqueada terrorising united state, uk,france,uk,isreal,kenya(al shabab)?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
rej00: this is for those comparing naija with SA, honestly i think south africa is still ahead in terms of living standard but there are some points i want to raise here. Nigeria was under a military rule for about 30yrs. These leaders never had insight in developing the economy, they never built infracstures and fortunately they didnt deprived nigerians of their freedom like education, businesses and many other rights but the economy and infracstures was not encouraging that is beside a functional democracy. Little wonder that in just 10yrs of democracy whr the government are trying their best to fix the economic and infracstural deficite(which is not even upto average) there is improvement of over 200%..... Meanwhile south africans battled appertheid for almost the same number of yrs but the difference was their economy was functional during this period infact all the infracsture boast of now was built mainly during the apertheid era..... In conclusion, the south africans are a little bit disadvantaged in the long run because unlike nigerians, majority of their population were deprived of their basic rights like education, enterpreneurship and business ventures but this factors maybe insignificant if they are abe to encourage more people in having education and inspire the spirit of adventurism which majority of nigerians possess. If their government can drive this initiative the future would be bright. As for the living standard in nigeria, we need to do more because for every one south african there 3 nigerians.
THEIR LITTLE DEVELOPEMENT TODAY IS COURTESY OF THE WHITE APARTHEID GOVT,
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by rej00: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Cubeet: THEIR LITTLE DEVELOPEMENT TODAY IS COURTESY OF THE WHITE APARTHEID GOVT,

exactly, i forsee south africans struggling because they may find it hard to vote a more educated and experienced white in favour for mediocre black leader.... I would suggest if they could look beyound the colors to cast their votes and honestly it is what they have to learn
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by rej00: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
if i were to be the minister for finance one major thing i would do is to try to bring all these numerouse informal sector towards accountabilty in terms of financial records and make them contribute their quota in terms of transparent tax system...... I would help the nigerian economy a great deal

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by TerryCarr(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
the only reason why Nigeria has a big economy because it has oil and a very big population and growing shocked
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/nigerias-population-will-outstrip-us-worlds-population-will-rise-9-7bn-2050/
http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerias-population-to-exceed-440-million-in-2050/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irn2SWBRZWQ&hd=1

if Nigeria had a stable population growth, less corruption, and terrorism it will probably be doing better. but this is Africa we are talking about so thats wishful thinking grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by amiskurie(m): 9:16am On Dec 24, 2013
kwame tut: DON'T WORRY FROM TODAY KNOW ONE THING WE "WILL ALWAYS COME BACK TO CLEAR IGBO LIES" ON THIS THREAD.

ITS ON!!!!!!!!!

may i know your nationality and the place of recidence b4 I talk more.

GHANAIAN LIVING IN SA?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by amiskurie(m): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2013
all4naija: This guy, Kwame Tut, is a Ghanaian disease! He keeps repeating the same sh*ts all around the whole threads which involved SA and Nigeria. His argument is always flawed and he likes to paint wrong images of discussions. The truth of the matter is that nobody takes him seriously and often seeking attention!
ghanaians are known to be jealous of Nigeria.I have ghanaian inlaws in multiple.I have loads of ghanaian friends.
ghana is knwn to be a puppet nation.a very fake and ungrateful peace of land.I knw them well.
their favorite place is italy(ashawo tins).they are the type that came back frm SA with american accent.

I remember hw we build them their best highways(including the one leading to kotoka international airport)....but when u get to the airport u will be dissapointed.it looks weird.
we knw hw much aids u get from Nigeria yearly.remember china donated ur national assembly.remember we Nigeria donated many of your federal headquarters.remember we run major aspect of your economy.even we run your national entertainment awards(by charter house).remember your richest man(nelson azuma banda)made it in Nigeria.he was a driver once in naija where opportunities abound.
remember how we overshadowed u in ur own country.remember nigerians come to ghana with ready money(cash money)
-I'm sorry for telling all these my ghanaian frnds and fam....u knw I love u all.ghana Is part of me.what I dislike is the jealous spirit.all because of Nigeria and chinese recolonization of africa.
nigerians are VCs,cheif judge,military head,and we even serves as ambassadors of many nations.

but a guy call kwame working for money in a struggling economy like SA came down to naija's unrivaled social network to glorify south-africa(l laugh in khoxa)
dnt let me let it all out...I knw SA too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

A Kidnapper Killed By Youths In Ondo State (Graphic Photo) / NURTW Vs TOOAN: Gunshots As Oluomo, Istijaba’s Boys Clash In Lagos / Tambuwal's Convoy Passes Through Floods As He Visits Sokoto Communities. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.