Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Burning Incense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Burning Incense (1371 Views)

Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! / Coverless Lebanese Girls Burning #ISIS Flags… / Michael Jackson And Pope John Paul Ii Are Both Burning In Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burning Incense by huxley(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
I have just lit up a stick of incense cuz I like the scents and it helps me chill out in the evening. Then it just occurred to me that some religion have an injunctions against the use of incense.

Is it sinful to use incense?
Re: Burning Incense by MissyB1(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2008
Not yhu again!!
Re: Burning Incense by mazaje(m): 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
Militant Huxley grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Burning Incense by MissyB1(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2008
Evangelist Huxley cool
Re: Burning Incense by MissyB1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2008
Huxley,why did yhu abandon yhur thread?
Anyways,got sm ques for yhu.
Re: Burning Incense by huxley(m): 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2008
I did not abandon zhe thread. What is your question?
Re: Burning Incense by Gamine(f): 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2008
lol

incense ooooo
Re: Burning Incense by MissyB1(m): 1:46pm On Aug 01, 2008
Dnt get angry bhut i jst wanna understand sm tyns.

1-Are yhu married?
2-how old are yhu?

More ques coming bhut yhu can skip d ones yhu dnt wanna answer
Re: Burning Incense by MissyB1(m): 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2008
huxley:

I started having doubts about Christianity from about the age of 15. The last time I went to church on my own volition I was about 13/14, which is also the last time I prayed. That is nearly 25 years ago.

No need answering the second ques.I can guess yhur age frm dis.
Re: Burning Incense by JeSoul(f): 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2008
Missy B:

Dnt get angry bhut i jst want to understand sm tyns.

1-Are yhu married?
2-how old are yhu?

More ques coming bhut yhu can skip d ones yhu dnt want to answer
Huxley is married to a[b] christian [/b] lipsrsealed cool perhaps that's why he's so obsessively militant about discrediting christianity.
Re: Burning Incense by onyinye2(f): 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2008
JeSoul:

Huxley is married to a[b] christian [/b] lipsrsealed cool perhaps that's why he's so obsessively militant about discrediting christianity.
He is not married. . . but i hope when he does God will find him first.
Re: Burning Incense by JeSoul(f): 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

He is not married. . . but i hope when he does God will find him first.
  hmm are you sure? it would mean he was telling a fib on a thread a while back . . .
Re: Burning Incense by rampant(f): 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
JeSoul:

hmm are you sure? it would mean he was telling a fib on a thread a while back . . .

he said he aint married
Re: Burning Incense by JeSoul(f): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
rampant:

he said he aint married
I can almost swear he said he was married to a christian and that's why he has so much "interest" in christianity. It's too bad he has posted billions of topics, I for do a search and try to find his quote.
Re: Burning Incense by rampant(f): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2008
JeSoul:

I can almost swear he said he was married to a christian and that's why he has so much "interest" in christianity. It's too bad he has posted billions of topics, I for do a search and try to find his quote.

LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy r u serious?so atheists lie too grin

huxley where r u ?oya show face dis minute angry
Re: Burning Incense by JeSoul(f): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2008
rampant:

LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy r u serious?so atheists lie too grin

huxley where r u ?oya show face this minute angry

lol . . . yeah I'm not kidding. If anything I have a good memory. It was under one of his other alias' called "therationa" he's also used "tpaine" and one other ID I can't recall now.

I just tried to do a search but I couldn't find where exactly he said it (perhaps someone did some "modifications" to his post  wink ) BUT I did come up with a quote where 4Him also known as Davidylan refered to him as married so it cannot be in my imagination  cheesy  hehe I KNOW he said it somewhere that he was married.

Therationa, it is not compulsory to be a christian. I am surprised that you are married to one with the level of hate that you keep inside.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-112751.0.html
Re: Burning Incense by rampant(f): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2008
THANK YOU jesoul kiss

HUXLEY WHERE ON DIS PLANET EARTH ARE YOU,COME AND TELL ME WHY YOU LIED angry
Re: Burning Incense by JeSoul(f): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2008
rampant:

THANK YOU jesoul kiss
HUXLEY WHERE ON DIS PLANET EARTH ARE YOU,COME AND TELL ME WHY YOU LIED angry
   my sista the guy is not to be trusted. . .
he once said he's become a deist calling it the "greatest conversion on NL"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=121005.msg2069483#msg2069483

then he said he was looking for a religion to join
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=121034.msg2071667#msg2071667

ah see as I don become detective for Nairaland  cheesy
  and then soon after he returned to bashing and ridiculing and discrediting christianity. I have seen through the facade of this character, appearing to be "seeking" answers but all he really wants is that good ol' thing called attention  cool
Re: Burning Incense by MissyB1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2008
Huxley,where art thou?

Got more ques
Re: Burning Incense by MCUsman(m): 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2008
Why all these gang up against Huxely
Re: Burning Incense by MissyB1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
We aren't gangin up against him. Bsides,i can't see him complaining.
Re: Burning Incense by Lady2(f): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2008
I have just lit up a stick of incense because I like the scents and it helps me chill out in the evening. Then it just occurred to me that some religion have an injunctions against the use of incense.

Is it sinful to use incense?

It would be nice to know which religion
Re: Burning Incense by reindeer: 8:53am On Aug 03, 2008
hey people
pls leave monsieur huxley alone,

im sure he'll be back soon

if there's one thing he does, he makes you ask questions and makes you think about what you are doing. more people like him are needed here on earth, then we'll leave sentiments alone and face facts. i may not always agrre with some of his posts but they are thought provoking.

hey hux, where art thou?
Re: Burning Incense by huxley(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2008
Well, strictly speaking I am NOT married but for intends and purposes I considered myself married and interested in NO other relationships.
Re: Burning Incense by JeSoul(f): 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2008
huxley:

Well, strictly speaking I am NOT married but for intends and purposes I considered myself married and interested in NO other relationships.
  hehe, so in essence[b] you lied  [/b] smiley  grin cool way back on that other thread allowing the participants to believe you were married to a christian hence your intrest in it.
Re: Burning Incense by powderPink(f): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2008
well i believe in the world we live in it will be foolish to assume we are alone. Egotistic perhaps. I believe in energy and we are surrounded by them, both positive and negative energies. Incense burning with history in some cultures invoke certain types of energy depending on your state of mind. I don't see it as evil. However i appreciate with some beliefs or religions it may go against their beliefs hence it being referred to as ''sinful''
Re: Burning Incense by kiwi992(m): 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2008
Hi All,

My first post here.

I'm sorry, but personally, I can not see anything wrong with burning incense around the home.  I burn them all the time for positive energy.  It's a common practise over here.  Sorry!

kiwi992.
Re: Burning Incense by powderPink(f): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
hmm you sound like me kiwi, you from downunder? male , female? hiya
Re: Burning Incense by kiwi992(m): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2008
Hi,

Na-a, not from downunder.  That said, though, I do agree with all what you said here.  Now't wrong with burning incense, if you ask me.

kiwi992.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Christian Trinity Biblical? / Why.israel Demand A King, And Reject Theocracy System? / Awake To Righteousness And Sin Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.