Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,298 members, 7,954,190 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts (1467 Views)

*for Married Folks: Sexual Acts And Their Permissibility In Islam / What Are The Recommended Acts In First 10days Of Dhul-hijjah? / Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hi everyone.

Holding my breathe at the expense of this thread being axed, I would write out my heart anyway.

I have experienced this so many times before; while in the uni and now years after.

Where does it say that wearing a pudah makes one a more righteous muslim? The lady with the scarf or cap might just have a better heart and fairer judge of character than the all-areas covered.

I have gotten so many stern looks before because I don't wear hijab. I might not, but I still see myself better off and with a peace and calm in my heart.

A lot is hidden behind the veil, yeah, maybe it's sunna...

Buh a person's character also goes a long way at bringing respect or disrespect to the wearing of d hijab.

Stop discriminating ladies, I think the eye of hatred that you set on another muslimah, might just place on a list you don't want to be on.

Peace of Allah, upon you.

1 Like

Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by harmeenart(f): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2013
Peace on you too,my dear sister
mizzthang: Hi everyone.

Holding my breathe at the expense of this thread being axed, I would write out my heart anyway.
Axed?:-O Not at all.

I have experienced this so many times before; while in the uni and now years after.

Where does it say that wearing a pudah makes one a more righteous muslim?
Personally,I havn't seen anything that says wearing a purdah makes one a more righteous muslim.But I do know that wearing a purdah is a comandment from our creator and following the commandments of Allah SINCERELY makes you draw closer to Him.
The lady with the scarf or cap might just have a better heart and fairer judge of character than the all-areas covered.
That is true.But their are also sisters who use the purdah that have a good heart and character. One shouldnt generalize it.This is where personality comes in.Even if she were using a scarf,she wouldn't still av a gud character.Using the purdah doesnt make you perfect,it just means u've been able to follow one out of many of Allah's commandments.

I have gotten so many stern looks before because I don't wear hijab. I might not, but I still see myself better off and with a peace and calm in my heart.

A lot is hidden behind the veil, yeah, maybe it's sunna...

Any body who understands the religion well shouldnt look at you that way. ALlah is the turner of hearts,He guides whom He wills,and makes easy for whom He wills.I'm glad u are at peace with ur heart and ur creator.Thats a gud step.With time,I hope u'ld be able to follow more of His commandments with ease.Amin
A lot is hidden behind the veil,from ur beauty to ur adornments,ur shape and so much more.

Buh a person's character also goes a long way at bringing respect or disrespect to the wearing of d hijab.
Stop discriminating ladies, I think the eye of hatred that you set on another muslimah, might just place on a list you don't want to be on.

Peace of Allah, upon you.
That is so true.Wearing the hijab doesnt mean you have reached the peak of eeman,but I think the hijab should make you more concious about your character and faith.This is because people see those with the hijab as perfect and expect so much from them.
May Allah overlook our shortcomings.make easy Him commandments for us to do and grant us good characters.Amin

5 Likes

Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by maclatunji: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2013
OP, I see a lot of exuberance in your post.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2013
wearing hijab ain't compulsory..or so I tot...till I came to Lagos.den I found out the environmental significance of the hijab..I'm not too conservative... I'm actually free minded but some laws of Allah are beginning to make sense to me each passing day..lemme ask you something op...if a lady wears no hijab, will the majority of toasters be Muslims or xtians? most of our Muslim sistas here in lag that are hijabless av been taken by xtians. with hijab, it wouldn't have been so.
if a mother wears hijab then the daughters stand a high chance of following. else they def will be biases towards hijab. so op, try and do it for your future daughters.
besides I think hijab makes a gurl far more pretty. I'm not talking about the ones that go all the way to the feet. just the one that covers the hair up to the shoulder. believe me there's fashion in Islamic dressing and it is oh so good.
you wear hijab...you don't wear hijab...I'll still like you so long as your heart is pure
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by kemiola89(f): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2013
^^^ Oh really? You mean the one that goes all the way down to the feet as you call it (the full hijab) doesn't make 'em pretty?
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by sweettweet: 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
maclatunji: OP, I see a lot of exuberance in your post.
I disagree with u. She is only expressing her point of view. I experienced some of the things she mentioned when I was still using caps and scarves. I think as muslims, we should be more tolerant, accept the fact that we all can't be on the same pedestal in terms of our relationship with Allah and the fact that some "scarf-ites" might even be more pious in the sight of Allah than some hijabites.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by maclatunji: 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
sweettweet:
I disagree with u. She is only expressing her point of view. I experienced some of the things she mentioned when I was still using caps and scarves. I think as muslims, we should be more tolerant, accept the fact that we all can't be on the same pedestal in terms of our relationship with Allah and the fact that some "scarf-ites" might even be more pious in the sight of Allah than some hijabites.

I do not dispute these points but the way she puts them across shows exuberance. She is more or less doing to women in hijab what she claims they do to her.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 3:47am On Dec 23, 2013
maclatunji: OP, I see a lot of exuberance in your post.

Oh I see. I only stated what was in my heart. I'm an author and I get to get carried away with my use of words.

If the only thing you see in what I wrote is exuberance, well, I say... good for you.

I love my hijabs. I love my scarves. I don't leave my house without covering my head.

I still say it, if I walk down the street or go to the mosque and see any weird stolen looks, I'm gon get in their faces.

Exuberance? Oh yes!!
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 23, 2013
maclatunji:

I do not dispute these points but the way she puts them across shows exuberance. She is more or less doing to women in hijab what she claims they do to her.

**smh***

**walks away, head still shaking**
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 3:52am On Dec 23, 2013
kemiola89: ^^^ Oh really? You mean the one that goes all the way down to the feet as you call it (the full hijab) doesn't make 'em pretty?

It makes them... more pious and thus pretty in their own rights.

More over, it is not suppose to make them pretty.

I m actually digging that one that has a head covering. That u just slip in and all coverables are covered; so pretty.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 23, 2013
harmeenart: Peace on you too,my dear sister

Axed?:-O Not at all.

Personally,I havn't seen anything that says wearing a purdah makes one a more righteous muslim.But I do know that wearing a purdah is a comandment from our creator and following the commandments of Allah SINCERELY makes you draw closer to Him.

That is true.But their are also sisters who use the purdah that have a good heart and character. One shouldnt generalize it.This is where personality comes in.Even if she were using a scarf,she wouldn't still av a gud character.Using the purdah doesnt make you perfect,it just means u've been able to follow one out of many of Allah's commandments.

Any body who understands the religion well shouldnt look at you that way. ALlah is the turner of hearts,He guides whom He wills,and makes easy for whom He wills.I'm glad u are at peace with ur heart and ur creator.Thats a gud step.With time,I hope u'ld be able to follow more of His commandments with ease.Amin
A lot is hidden behind the veil,from ur beauty to ur adornments,ur shape and so much more.

That is so true.Wearing the hijab doesnt mean you have reached the peak of eeman,but I think the hijab should make you more concious about your character and faith.This is because people see those with the hijab as perfect and expect so much from them.
May Allah overlook our shortcomings.make easy Him commandments for us to do and grant us good characters.Amin

Thanks dear!

Amin!
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by harmeenart(f): 6:36am On Dec 23, 2013
mizzthang:

Thanks dear!

Amin!
You r welcome.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by maclatunji: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2013
mizzthang:

**smh***

**walks away, head still shaking**

LOL.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL.

**pushes him away** im still shaking it for you o.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
kemiola89: ^^^ Oh really? You mean the one that goes all the way down to the feet as you call it (the full hijab) doesn't make 'em pretty?
grin grin of course not. That description was my own desire
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
mizzthang:

Oh I see. I only stated what was in my heart. I'm an author and I get to get carried away with my use of words.

If the only thing you see in what I wrote is exuberance, well, I say... good for you.

I love my hijabs. I love my scarves. I don't leave my house without covering my head.

I still say it, if I walk down the street or go to the mosque and see any weird stolen looks, I'm gon get in their faces.

Exuberance? Oh yes!!

You're a writer? That's impressive. Can you create a blog for our Muslim sisters? Something that could encourage Islamic living in this urbane world we r now, esp lagos
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
Phinalphantasy:
grin grin of course not. That description was my own desire

Hhahahaha...
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by F00028: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2013
Phinalphantasy:

You're a writer? That's impressive. Can you create a blog for our Muslim sisters? Something that could encourage Islamic living in this urbane world we r now, esp lagos

you are joking, right?

did you not read the the op? undecided
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
F00028:
you are joking, right?

did you not read the the op? undecided

Excuse me, I am actually thinking of doing it. I will send you the link later.

You will be surprised the traffic it gets. I am not going to be targeting muslim ladies like me.

And together we will encourage ourselves to making that journey without disapproving eyes or snickers.

And In Sha Allah, we will end up where we wanna be and b well rounded.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by coolguyz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
i think you've done one before but abandoned it at its gestation as many others. . . . .u got lotta gifts to give (blogging) if you'l just be ready to nurture it. would really be interested in this.

the power is in your hands!

**peace**
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 28, 2013
^^^
Hmmm

Thinking I know who this is.

If it is... got nothing to say..

**walks on**
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by egbaguy: 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
never knew olusolami was a muslim................kayeefi
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
@egbaguy: kayeefi nla..
hehehehe
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Akanniade(m): 7:54am On Jan 10, 2014
@maclatunji
Is the hot tropical heat in our part of the world, considered when mandating the women folk to wear hijab?
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by maclatunji: 9:18am On Jan 10, 2014
Akanniade: @maclatunji
Is the hot tropical heat in our part of the world, considered when mandating the women folk to wear hijab?

Nigeria is not as hot as the Middle East where millions of women use hijab. So, the argument about hot tropical climate is not a valid one.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Akanniade(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
Yes, but humidity is peculiar to the tropics. The middle east is not humid, sweat won't stick to your body and make you smelly. Am in support of the sentiment behind hijab but I think this region of the world need a different design altogether.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by maclatunji: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
^Speculative. However, there are different styles of hijab and there could be even more.
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
^^ that's true. There are some that are chiffon like and allows breeze in
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by onegig(m): 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
mizzthang: ^^ that's true. There are some that are chiffon like and allows breeze in
Read your op but you should know that you live your life for yourself and should be less concerned about what others say or not. Might be annoying but your aims should be serving Him and satisfying what your lord almighty says and not what others want from you.

If you should go on like this. I see you resenting the hijab based on the attitude of current wearers you know.
Just ignore them or enlighten them but seriously what stops you from wearing one?
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
^^^^used to wear it, but it's just not comfortable jor. So I stopped using the pashmere ones and went to d chiffons....dah I use once in a while, when I'm not on my scarf or cap...l
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by onegig(m): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
mizzthang: ^^^^used to wear it, but it's just not comfortable jor. So I stopped using the pashmere ones and went to d chiffons....dah I use once in a while, when I'm not on my scarf or cap...l
How is it not comfortable? Although am not in your shoes but there has to be a way to adjust to it. Maybe using silt and wearing brigter colours which repel heat or making it more moderate and portable and not overflowing enough to cause you unnecessary inconvenience
Re: To All 'miss Goody Two Shoes' Muslimahs: It's Not About The Pudah, Its Your Acts by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
onegig: How is it not comfortable? Although am not in your shoes but there has to be a way to adjust to it. Maybe using silt and wearing brigter colours which repel heat or making it more moderate and portable and not overflowing enough to cause inconveniece to you.

I get real itchy and I tend to fiddle with it a lot jors..
I started as an adult sha..so maybe dats why its not comfortable yet...

(1) (Reply)

Does Precum Calls For Taking Ghuslu Janabah / 2015 Abdulkabir Aliu Foundation Scholarship For Muslim Undergraduates / A Glimpse Into The Khawaarij

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.