Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? (20148 Views)

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by genali(m): 10:38am On Dec 21, 2013
my best horror movies the list goes like these
SAW
WRONG TURN
THE RING
THE HILL HAVE EYES
FINAL DESTINATION. but the ring is the worst i almost die
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by 4C2215131: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2013
sweetroses: I am a big fan of horror movies, I love how they usually keep you spell bound and on the edge of your seat with your heart in your mouth and with no idea what will happen next.
I just love the rush that comes with watching horror movies. It's different from romance movies or adventure or sci fi where you can predict how. the movie will end in many cases.

I just finished watching a horror/ slasher movie titled "I spit on your grave" and I absolutely loved it.
It's not the scariest movie I have ever watched but it's ok, other scary films I have seen:
The Orphan
Martyrs
Drag me to hell
The grudge
Shutter Island
Silent Hill
Invitation Only

And so on.

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen? I need suggestions to know what to download smiley

Most of the movies you listed are not in my opinion real horror flicks. Some fall into the terror/psychological drama genre.

Personally,a horror flick without a supernatural undertone be it psychological or not cannot fall into my book of horror stories. Elements of the supernatural like hauntings,demonic activities,curses,hexing,possession,demon induced neurotic behaviour and the like count in my reckoning a movie as a true horror flick.

Senseless killings (the Jason,Last house on the left,Wrong Turn,Final Destination,Freddy,and Chucky franchise) are like comedy to me (with the. Exception of Final Destination series). Drag me to hell had an element of the supernatural until the psychic's assistant got possessed and started dancing like a puppet on a string (well,it was directed by Sam Remi the director of the infamous Evil Dead movie,so I wasn't too surprised).

That being said check this movies out: The Exorcist (pt.I-III),The Exorcist:The Prequel,Anti-christ (the classical one not the one with William Defoe as the former is horror while the latter is a thriller with overt sex scenes,to aid your search use the term;Hipolita,the name of the classicasl Anti-christ's chief protagonist),Wakewood,An American Haunting,Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (the original one,not the remake with Guy Pearce),Amityville Horror (again the original cut),The Ring (pt.I-II),Mirrors (Keifer Sutherland was awesome),Possessed,The Exorcism of Emily Rose,The Omen (not the Remake). So much to name but check these ones out first. Happy scary viewing.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by UjSizzle(f): 10:40am On Dec 21, 2013
The Ring
The Hills Have Eyes
The Grudge
Saw
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Ruq: 10:40am On Dec 21, 2013
Shutter island was more of a thriller than horror, I think I spit on your grave is the one the woman went on a revenge mission after some guys nooked her forcefully.

Most times you I can always tell what happens in the end especially if they're camping or they're about six in the movie you'll know they'll always end the movie left with one or two persons and one seriously injured.

This movies will give you that rush you feel

Friday the 13th
Saw
And soon the darkness
The roommate
The uninvited
The clinic
Piranha 3d
Final destination 1&2
Carriers
A nightmare on elm street
Killers
Trailer pack of terror

And most horror movies are not necessarily interesting just scary, except a very few of them and they mostly have one black guy among them.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 21, 2013
land of the dead.

SAW

the ring

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by funkybaby(f): 10:50am On Dec 21, 2013
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the movie SEED

It is the sickest, sadistic and most disturbing horror movie I have ever seen.

It makes the likes of SAW, evil dead and the exorcist look like comedy flicks.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by rodeo0070(m): 10:52am On Dec 21, 2013
I de come...
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by adexsimply(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2013
I'm not a fan of horror movies But final destination 1-5 is very cute cool cool
The way those accidents are staged is So thrilling and brilliant cool cool
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by safarigirl(f): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2013
Poltergeist- that movie was so occultic 3 of the cast members died in less than ten years. The last daughter died after filming the 2nd part. 2. The Ring- undoubtedly very scary, I didn't even finish it. Full Moon- back when Nigerians could make a good horror-ish movie, I watched it when I was a kid, scared me like hell. 3. 666(mark of the devil)- another Nigerian movie. The power went out when I was watching this movie, it still scares me. I remember Peter Bunor and his son acted that movie 5. Rapture- Another Nigerian movie, it was biased as fuq, but the thing fear me die. RMD and Chidi Mokeme acted it
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by watchindelta(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2013
childs play 1 to 3 wrong turn 1to 5
evil dead 1 to 2
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by soty(m): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2013
sholay2011: 1. The hills have eyes.
2. The silence of the lambs.
3. American Horror Story. (Series)

the hills have eyes..and evil dead 1,2 ..Saw (scary sh*t)..
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by rodeo0070(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2013
My own list:

*Conjuring.

*Saw franchise(1-saw 3D)

*Final destination

*America Horror story (series)

*An American werewolf in London (as a kid).

*Agara nla (mount zion films)

*The Night God screamed (1971)

I de come...

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Dhurmynick(m): 10:58am On Dec 21, 2013
The conjuring
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by viktor556(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2013
k.style:
Mine was 'the ring' part 1 and 2....scary...itz basically abt a movie tape dat no 1 knew how it came abt...wen u watch d tape,immmediately, ur fone rings wit. D voice of a. Little girl saying u r going 2 die...cnt really remembr much but i think dats wat d movie wz abt...itz bin lng i watched horror movies...i used 2 buy so many collections but stopped afta my folks felt i hhad evil spirit...b4 dem go carry me go tb joshua...
. Thank you for mentioning 'Ring'... Its the best of all scary movies... My bro cursed the day we bought the DVD.. He couldn't watch part 3 ..he tapped out!
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 21, 2013
The sacriest movies i have watched? I will just list d 2 horror movies i saw as a child growing up, Evil Dead n Sleepy Hollow
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 21, 2013
horror movie is nt my tin. Bt i love a good THRILLER...
1, I still know what you did last summer.
2. Simon says.
3. Saw
4. Evil dead.
5. Toluwanile.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 21, 2013
speedyboi: smh....girls and horror films.....Inseparable!

btw....why should movie scare anyone?
just wat i tot... Its 'just' a movie jawe. grin
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Olojukokoro: 11:02am On Dec 21, 2013
It has to be Omen ooo! The story line bleeps with your mind.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 21, 2013
SAW. embarassed
Evil Dead. cheesy
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by adewasco2k(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2013
samistry: Anyone seen the conjuring? Heard it occured in real life
Yes, saw it yesterday....it was scary....maybe to me though as I get easily scared....lol
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Sexytemi(f): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2013
Love horror movies, bt hate watchin it alone, or wnt b able 2 sleep @ nite, my fav are, saw, scream, chainsaw masscare, chukky(toy factory), and also resident evil, with vampire dairies(lol)
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by bucksfizz(m): 11:05am On Dec 21, 2013
sweetroses: I am a big fan of horror movies, I love how they usually keep you spell bound and on the edge of your seat with your heart in your mouth and with no idea what will happen next.
I just love the rush that comes with watching horror movies. It's different from romance movies or adventure or sci fi where you can predict how. the movie will end in many cases.

I just finished watching a horror/ slasher movie titled "I spit on your grave" and I absolutely loved it.
It's not the scariest movie I have ever watched but it's ok, other scary films I have seen:
The Orphan
Martyrs
Drag me to hell
The grudge
Shutter Island
Silent Hill
Invitation Only

And so on.

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen? I need suggestions to know what to download smiley
Evil dead 1 and 2
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by adewasco2k(m): 11:07am On Dec 21, 2013
Cursed of chukky
Conjurring
Evil dead

I saw this three just this week and all at night, I was screaming mummy
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by abdullkabar(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2013
Evil death,
zumbi the flesh eater
,where strange things
happens cheesy
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Raphjeezy(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2013

The Orphan
Martyrs
Drag me to hell
The grudge
Shutter Island
Silent Hill
Invitation Only

And so on.

Resident evil

final destination

the home of horror
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Cross007: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2013
Try "DEMON KNIGHT"
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by 4C2215131: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2013
funkybaby:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the movie SEED

It is the sickest, sadistic and most disturbing horror movie I have ever seen.

It makes the likes of SAW, evil dead and the exorcist look like comedy flicks.

While concuring to Seed being ok,it holds nothing on the Exorcist. That movie is about the definitive thing when it comes to the horror movies,from the plot,scripting,and eventual climax.

Just an addendum,check out Rosemary's Baby (not the remake).
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by godson8701(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2013
Has anyone seen Amityville horror? I was like embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by boomii(f): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2013
Saw
The Ring
Friday the 13th
Final destination
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Amadaz(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2013
jeepers creepers
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by elari(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Never got scared of watching horror movies until i watched Jenifa ( funke Akindele)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBNaija: Miracle And Nina Reconciled By Alex, Tobi And Anto) / Rachel Bakam Releases 'Land Of Opportunity', Her First Movie / House Of Ajebo And Area Videos, Which Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.