Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii (3464 Views)

Enugu - Onitcha Expressway / Ndigbo As A Whole Can't Afford Onitcha's Neglect / News Breaking!! An Apga Supporter run mad at Onitcha (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Ikengawo: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2013
I have been looking at Google Earth lately and I realized the biggest construction project in Nigeria is actually in Onitcha!
Onitcha GRA I and GRA II are the two largest expansion projects in the country, I was surprised I hadn't heard about them till today.

Does anyone know about the GRAs? From Google Earth it looks like GRA I is nearly completely occupied. The streets are organized and neat the houses look residential.

I also wanted to note that Google Earth has revealed to me that the two most populace states are Lagos and Anambra. Rivers is probably a 2nd or 3rd, while Aba is the biggest city in SE now.

Here a pic i saved below

3 Likes

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Ikengawo: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2013
Also, Minna is one of the most modern cities in Nigeria and nobody even knows it.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by geeez: 9:17am On Dec 20, 2013
Lagos as an area is bigger than Onitsha as an area

The SE is densely populated because the landmass is small. Barely larger than Oyo State alone

If you think those are the biggest projects, then you haven't checked out the Lagos-Badagry Expressway

You also haven't seen the Eko Atlantic

Neither have you seen roads spanning hundreds of kilometers in Ogun State

2 Likes

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by bestviewer: 9:28am On Dec 20, 2013
Why would you always bring your inferiority complex to bear on anything that has to do with the Igbos..?

geeez: Lagos as an area is bigger than Onitsha as an area

The SE is densely populated because the landmass is small. Barely larger than Oyo State alone

If you think those are the biggest projects, then you haven't checked out the Lagos-Badagry Expressway

15 Likes

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Freewilly(f): 9:35am On Dec 20, 2013
*WARNING* *WARNING* *WARNNING* THERE IS A TROLL ON THE THREAD, DO NOT FEED IT.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by joeyfire(m): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2013
Ikengawo: Also, Minna is one of the most modern cities in Nigeria and nobody even knows it.

When I went to Minna for the first time I was amazed at the order. It is also a very clean place.

1 Like

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by ba7man(m): 9:45am On Dec 20, 2013
Ikengawo: I have been looking at Google Earth lately and I realized the biggest construction project in Nigeria is actually in Onitcha!
Onitcha GRA I and GRA II are the two largest expansion projects in the country, I was surprised I hadn't heard about them till today.

Does anyone know about the GRAs? From Google Earth it looks like GRA I is nearly completely occupied. The streets are organized and neat the houses look residential.

I also wanted to note that Google Earth has revealed to me that the two most populace states are Lagos and Anambra. Rivers is probably a 2nd or 3rd, while Aba is the biggest city in SE now.

Here a pic i saved below
If this project was located in the SW, we would have taken photographs on ground of the location, its buildings layout and uploaded it online.

I still don't think its as large as Eko Atlantic tho.

2 Likes

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Abagworo(m): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2013
ba7man: If this project was located in the SW, we would have taken photographs on ground of the location, its buildings layout and uploaded it online.

I still don't think its as large as Eko Atlantic tho.

He is not comparing Onitsha with Lagos nor is he comparing Onitsha GRA with Eko Atlantic. He only wrote the truth that Anambra is the 2nd most densely populated State after Lagos.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by ba7man(m): 10:04am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

He is not comparing Onitsha with Lagos nor is he comparing Onitsha GRA with Eko Atlantic. He only wrote the truth that Anambra is the 2nd most densely populated State after Lagos.
True, I'm aware he's not comparing.

Its just that statement of the Onitsha GRA project being the largest construction project in the Country i was disagreeing with.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by basilo101: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2013
D rate of building construction in all parts of SE is simply amazing. I wish public infractures r going at d same rate. Our ppl de try but our govnors de 4k up

1 Like

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Abagworo(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2013
basilo101: D rate of building construction in all parts of SE is simply amazing. I wish public infractures r going at d same rate. Our ppl de try but our govnors de 4k up

More like private building constructions. We have few public buildings in the Southeast.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by asha80(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

More like private building constructions. We have few public buildings in the Southeast.
you are simply repeating what he said.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by gratieao: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2013

Have you been to Badagry expressway for the past 10 years because if you have you wouldn't be spewing this your trash here
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by muktarl: 10:42am On Dec 20, 2013
what is onitsha and where can one find it?
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Abagworo(m): 10:45am On Dec 20, 2013
asha 80: you are simply repeating what he said.

Yes and its true. Here are what I call Igbo houses.

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by ak47mann(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2013
onitsha GRA faze 1 is almost 100% developed faze 2 is almost 60% developed, only thing lacking is steady light and water which is due to incompetent leaders we have in niger-area cool
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Abagworo(m): 10:49am On Dec 20, 2013
Here's a public or corporate complex in VI. I would love to see a full stretch 2 to 10km of road dotted with strictly this kind of building in any of our Southeastern cities. We have the money to do it.

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by asha80(m): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

where is this?
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by asha80(m): 10:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: Here's a public or corporate complex in VI. I would love to see a full stretch 2 to 10km of road dotted with strictly this kind of building in any of our Southeastern cities. We have the money to do it.
not sure that is going to happen because of our cultural mindset.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Brimmie(m): 10:55am On Dec 20, 2013
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Abagworo(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2013
asha 80: where is this?

That's unmistakably Aba.

asha 80: not sure that is going to happen because of our cultural mindset.

It can happen in Aba and Onitsha. Get an undeveloped area and give the traders the masterplan. Construct good roads and central water supply. The buildings must not be used as offices but could be residential houses designed to look corporate. I can assure you that it wouldn't take up to 3 years to get filled up with clean buildings.

1 Like

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by asha80(m): 11:10am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

That's unmistakably Aba.

It can happen in Aba and Onitsha. Get an undeveloped area and give the traders the masterplan. Construct good roads and central water supply. The buildings must not be used as offices but could be residential houses designed to look corporate. I can assure you that it wouldn't take up to 3 years to get filled up with clean buildings.
ok i thought you meant strictly public buildings like ministry buildings.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: Here's a public or corporate complex in VI. I would love to see a full stretch 2 to 10km of road dotted with strictly this kind of building in any of our Southeastern cities. We have the money to do it.
That is ExxonMobil House on Lekki Expressway. cool
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by IGBOSON1: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2013

^^^Fat chance of that happening in Anambra or Abia.....states where ordinarily these kind of structures should be 'a dime-a dozen'!

If we had dynamic, modernist governors that want to replicate (in Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba) what they see during their numerous trips to London, Dubai and New York, then we'd have seen the results manifesting by now!

It's no secret that i for one am disappointed with the level of governance witnessed in some of our states in the South East these last few years; or maybe it's just that my level of expectations and standards are much higher than what some have come to accept in these states......i'm a perfectionist, and i don't accept half-measures or shoddy jobs that others hail as proof that Anambra or Abia is working!
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by ifyalways(f): 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
ak47mann: onitsha GRA faze 1 is almost 100% developed faze 2 is almost 60% developed, only thing lacking is steady light and water which is due to incompetent leaders we have in niger-area cool
Una don come oh.
There is NOTHING like GRA phase 1 and 2 in Osha. Just one GRA. Period.

There is however an extension/new town springing up beside GRA and that's trans-nkisi.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by fr3do(m): 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
I just dey observe
I smell 'cold tribalism'.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by ketoprofen(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2013

VI will be like that because the headquarters of many corporate offices are there.
Move away from Lagos, abuja and maybe port that host headquarter buildings, how many other places have 8-10km stretch of roads dotted with similar buildings?
U can't expect SEners to build these just for residence, do u?
That will increase the Cost of living.
sb correct me if am missing somrthing
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by mancanoe: 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

THIS IS ABA VARY CLOSE TO ENYIMBA INTL STADIUM....
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
Anyway, Igbos are doing well.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Malawian(m): 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2013

between lagos state and anambra stae, which one is bigger in landmass/ oya answer.

3 Likes

Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Abagworo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
Malawian:

between lagos state and anambra stae, which one is bigger in landmass/ oya answer.

Lagos is the smallest and most populous State in Nigeria.
Re: Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii by Malawian(m): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Lagos is the smallest and most populous State in Nigeria.

but lagos can contain 25million people,

anambra state can only contain 3 million people,

igbos are less than 17million ,

igboland is too small to contain all igbos

etc etc.

no be so? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Reason I Won't Vote For APC In Lagos State / Dead Female Body On Unilag Road(photos) / The World Has Broken Its Promise To Isreal, Isreal Is Now Isolated But According

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.