Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

You Are Born Of God Part 6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Born Of God Part 6 (384 Views)

Do You Think It Was Important For Jesus To Be Born Of A Virgin? If Yes Then Why? / What Does It Mean To “be Born Of Water And Of The Spirit?" / Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are Born Of God Part 6 by charisville: 9:20am On Dec 20, 2013
But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12

In the gospels, Jesus spoke of the new birth that would bring forth a new generation of individuals, people separate from the “world” system. A look at the first Adam before sin came, can give an insight to what God had and has in mind for us.

Genesis 2.7 states that God formed man. The word formed here is ‘yatsar’ and this is to make something by plan or design. We are not made by accident, God had a design in mind. He animated man with His breath of life. And in verse 9, He placed man in Eden; Eden means pleasure. He commanded that Adam should eat of all the trees, including the life-giving tree except that of knowledge of good and evil.

When Adam and Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they could know both evil and good but the tree didn’t give them the ability to do right. But thank God for Jesus. His blood gave birth to us; we are here by design, God’s life is in us and our Father wants us to be on pleasure i.e. all-round wholeness.

And, we are not restored to the former state. No! We are in a covenant that speaks of grace- undeserved favour. We are a higher breed, seated in the heavenly places with Christ. We are born of God.

Prayer: My Daddy God I thank you for birthing me into pleasure and all round wholeness. My ability to do right comes from you alone not my self-effort.

Follow @charisville on twitter

Url: http://charisvillecapsules.org/you-are-born-of-god-part-6/

CVC BB Pin: 26655112

Charis Ville Capsule

(1) (Reply)

To All Those Christmas Beefers!!! / No Need To Proof The Below / Keep Your Eyes On Jesus Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.