Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) (4735 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Should We Stop Giving Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by cemehere: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2010
WHY I WILL NOT STOP GIVING TO THE WORK OF GOD (part 1)

Giving is a general law, both in the spiritual and in the physical realm, it is a lay down principle of prosperity in the life of man. I know so many people has issues with giving. Some give to beggars and some to their families alone. Some give to friends for the sake of friendship, some give to those they love or someone they have feelings for. All these are good, but the important factor one will consider in giving is the reason behind the giving (i.e why do you make a giving?).

Giving to the poor or a beggar does not remove him from his present situation or neither does it change his poverty or beggarly mind set. Because there is nothing you will give to a boor man or a beggar that will satisfy him. A beggar is always a beggar until his mind is renewed from that of a beggar to a mindset of a just. The bible talk about a man as a result of his mind. “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. "Eat and drink!" he says to you, But his heart is not with you” Prov. 23:7.

Now, there are so many ways a man can get rich in our world today, but not all kind of riches are from God. The only way a man can get rich from God is first believe in the existence of God and then must understand the principle of giving to God’s work on earth. God’s word must be preached and heard all over the world. This can only be done by financing the spread of his gospel. Wow,  what a place to lay down my finance.

Now look at it, if a common giving to the poor or a beggar, brings a blessing, think about giving to God’s work, what kind of blessing do you expect? If God is real according to his word from the bible, and from all the outstanding testimonies we have read about from his written word, then who am i that i cant give to the growth and spread of his gospel. Look at this scripture bellow:

(Luke 8:3 (King James Version)
3And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.
Remember that God does not use dollars($) in heaven neither does he use pound(£) or naira(N) so you don't expect God to start sending money from heaven to finance his church. But the mystery of giving to God’s work on earth is simply the a way of contacting spiritual blessing in order to attract or activate the physical blessings God has for us.

As a Born Again Christian, i have first lived a life before this, and i know all what i did in the past. The truth i cant any other life ex-where, only in Christ.
In conclusion, giving is a choice, and also a life style. You can decide as a choice, and you can live it as a life. But if you don't believe in it, then don't discourage others.

Romans 14:1-12 (King James Version)
1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by alexleo(m): 1:33am On Dec 18, 2010
In my walk with God, i have come to discorver that God does not give us money for us to use it all alone. He blesses us that we might be blessings to others. A clear example of this is in the story of Elijah and the woman of Zeraphat in 1 kings 17: 1- 16. From this story we could see that as tight as the situation was for that woman, God still expected her to share her little food with Elijah. This simply means that we have no excuse not to give. The little thing in your hand that makes you feel you are poor, God still wants you to share it with someone in need. When you do, the blessing that follows it is usually great as we can see in the case of this woman. But in our present day christianity, it is believed that one can only be in a position to give when he has enough and to spare. Acts 20:35 tells us that it is more blessed to give than to receive. Suprisingly today, most christians wants to be on the receiving end. As long as you remain on the receiving end only, you cannot go too far because God's word standeth sure. Again some people give out of greed. Because they feel that if they give they will receive more, thats why we find some christians today who when they are tired of using their cars and they feel they need a better car, will go and dump the one they have in the name of sowing a seed in the church so that God will give them a better one. This kind of giving is not ok.
You talked about giving to the poor, the bible said that whoso giveth to the poor lendeth unto the Lord and he will pay. so when you are giving to the poor you are also doing the work of God.
Generally, its better we allow the spirit of God to guide us aright in our giving. By so doing we will be blessed the more. God bless you.
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by cemehere: 6:50am On Dec 28, 2010
Giving generally has been the element of growth and advancement of the physical world we are living. I try to imagine the world without giving and discover that most of the things we are enjoying in our generation today wouldn't have be in place. Things like: Electricity, Water, Energy, Telecommunication, Computer & Internet, Mobile Cars and lots more. These where discovered by some good personality who GAVE their time and recourse in order to make the world a better place.

Remember that giving is in both side: Giving to God and Giving to Humanity, either you are giving to God or to man, they all boles down to God. A man's level of giving shows is maturity in God and in life, and the truth is, that same man's success is in his giving. A man can never give to be poor, rather he give to become rich. I have find out that when God want to help a poor man He always ask him to do a giving. This is because giving is a natural and a spiritual law.

So, have YOU make a giving TODAY?
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by Kay17: 7:33am On Dec 28, 2010
Wow, god can not give to his church, yet he wants us to. Beggars should not be given aid because it is wasted on them? So much for merciful christianity. People who need aid the most should be forsaken for the fat pastor chris!
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by Joagbaje(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2010
You guys dont know pastor Pastor chris, yet you just run your mouth anyhow. Pastor chris will always tell you to remember the poor. This December 31. We are getting out all the give-able things such as clothes , furniture, cars etc to give to the less privilege. Things we don't necessarily use can be of benefit to another person or family. That's what we do. So you what do you do Apart from talk talk?
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:59am On Dec 28, 2010
cemehere:

WHY I WILL NOT STOP GIVING TO THE WORK OF GOD (part 1)

Giving is a general law, both in the spiritual and in the physical realm, it is a lay down principle of prosperity in the life of man. I know so many people has issues with giving. Some give to beggars and some to their families alone. Some give to friends for the sake of friendship, some give to those they love or someone they have feelings for. All these are good, but the important factor one will consider in giving is the reason behind the giving (i.e why do you make a giving?).

Giving to the poor or a beggar does not remove him from his present situation or neither does it change his poverty or beggarly mind set. Because there is nothing you will give to a boor man or a beggar that will satisfy him. A beggar is always a beggar until his mind is renewed from that of a beggar to a mindset of a just. The bible talk about a man as a result of his mind. “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. "Eat and drink!" he says to you, But his heart is not with you” Prov. 23:7.

Now, there are so many ways a man can get rich in our world today, but not all kind of riches are from God. The only way a man can get rich from God is first believe in the existence of God and then must understand the principle of giving to God’s work on earth. God’s word must be preached and heard all over the world. This can only be done by financing the spread of his gospel. Wow,  what a place to lay down my finance.

Now look at it, if a common giving to the poor or a beggar, brings a blessing, think about giving to God’s work, what kind of blessing do you expect? If God is real according to his word from the bible, and from all the outstanding testimonies we have read about from his written word, then who am i that i cant give to the growth and spread of his gospel. Look at this scripture bellow:

(Luke 8:3 (King James Version)
3And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.
Remember that God does not use dollars($) in heaven neither does he use pound(£) or naira(N) so you don't expect God to start sending money from heaven to finance his church. But the mystery of giving to God’s work on earth is simply the a way of contacting spiritual blessing in order to attract or activate the physical blessings God has for us.

As a Born Again Christian, i have first lived a life before this, and i know all what i did in the past. The truth i cant any other life ex-where, only in Christ.
In conclusion, giving is a choice, and also a life style. You can decide as a choice, and you can live it as a life. But if you don't believe in it, then don't discourage others.

Romans 14:1-12 (King James Version)
1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Severe brainwashing and an example of why some of us detest the likes of Oyakhilome etc so much. Jesus said give to the poor and that when you give to the poor you give to Him/Jesus; the charlatans say "no no no Jesus was wrong and did not know what He was talking about; if you want to be rich, instead of following what Jesus said give your money to Oyakhilome and his like". Then to complement the brainwashing, they make a show of giving "things we don't necessarily use" once in a while.

Mr. Poster, open your eyes! What you are posting contradicts what Jesus taught and teaches His followers to do.
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by swiftycool(m): 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2010
Thank you op for the beautiful message. It is true that the world we operate in is based on spiritual principles. Many of the things taught by Jesus and spoken of in the bible about sowing seeds and sacrificial giving of ones self and possesions have been discovered to be real and true but the wisdom of men decide to remodel them and view them from the educated person's perspective hence comming up with new names like karma, etc.

Giving is the only true way to prosperity and it works best when you give as directed Of your spirit directly by the SPirit of God, however if your spirit has not been well trained to hear from Him, you do well to listen to God's spiritual instructions via his servants. if you give for a purpose that God is passionate about you cannot go unblessed. He is passionate about those in poverty, those in pain and most especially those he wants to bring to the knowledge of him.

However you see it, God has shaped the principles to ensure that givers according to His purpose can never
never lack! Ignore the rantings of psychophants and keep giving when God prompts u. God bless u.
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by simplymee: 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2010
Many in recent times have misunderstood the subject of GIVING. There are different kind of GIVINGS that anyone can do. They all have there significance in the circumstances which its been applied.
1)GIVING TO THE POOR: The BIBLE said that the POOR you will always have around you(MATTHEW 26:11)  hence sure you will have to give when you can which is nice to do.ITS GOOD to help someone else stand but we all know that its better to teach a man how to fish rather than KEEP GIVING him FISH. Its not wrong to give to the poor but help teach him/her to be liberated. They need to understand that they can do more.
COME TO THINK OF IT: Many say they are poor and receive grants from well meaning citizens but if a man cannot overcome the poverty mentality that is in him overtime he will lose all given to him. RESOURCE PERSONS have said it will be better if we taught these people how to manage finance ten Give to them.
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by simplymee: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2010
GIVING TO THE WORK OF GOD ENSURES THAT THE WORLD IS CONNECTED WITH THE GOSPEL(GOOD NEWS OF GOD) REACHING OUT TO PEOPLE EVEN BEYOND YOUR IMMEDIATE SPHERE OF CONTACT WHICH FURTHERMORE STRENGTHENS THEM.THE GOSPEL IS FREE BUT NOT CHEAP HENCE THE NEED TO SPONSOR OR GIVE TOWARDS THE WORK OF GOD.
I REMEMBER BACK IN SCHOOL(SECONDARY SCHOOL) THAT SOME PEOPLE BROUGHT CARTONS OF SMALL BIBLES WHICH WE KNOW AS 'GIDEONS NOT TO BE SOLD BIBLE'. WE GOT THEM AND USED THEM THEN BUT LATER DISCOVERED THAT PEOPLE GAVE TOWARDS THE PRINTING AND DISTRIBUTION OF THESE BIBLES FREE OF CHARGE TO ENSURE THAT WE GOT THE WORD OF GOD DESPITE ALL ODDS COMMENDING US TO THE WORD (ACTS 20 : 32). AS FOR ME, I WILL NOT STOP GIVING TO THE WORK OF GOD SO THAT MORE PEOPLE WILL BE TRANSLATED INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD,
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by otokx(m): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2010
The borrower is always subject to the lender but is the lender the giver? Its very hard to identify a genuinely poor person in Nigeria. Those beggars on the street are not poor; that is their occupation. That girl you think has no money to pay school fees is very lazy and should not even be in school hence her always failing common WAEC and GCE plus NECO yet she is active in church.
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by Mudley313: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2010
simplymee:

GIVING TO THE WORK OF GOD ENSURES THAT THE WORLD IS CONNECTED WITH THE GOSPEL(GOOD NEWS OF GOD) REACHING OUT TO PEOPLE EVEN BEYOND YOUR IMMEDIATE SPHERE OF CONTACT WHICH FURTHERMORE STRENGTHENS THEM.THE GOSPEL IS FREE BUT NOT CHEAP HENCE THE NEED TO SPONSOR OR GIVE TOWARDS THE WORK OF GOD.
I REMEMBER BACK IN SCHOOL(SECONDARY SCHOOL) THAT SOME PEOPLE BROUGHT CARTONS OF SMALL BIBLES WHICH WE KNOW AS 'GIDEONS NOT TO BE SOLD BIBLE'. WE GOT THEM AND USED THEM THEN BUT LATER DISCOVERED THAT PEOPLE GAVE TOWARDS THE PRINTING AND DISTRIBUTION OF THESE BIBLES FREE OF CHARGE TO ENSURE THAT WE GOT THE WORD OF GOD DESPITE ALL ODDS COMMENDING US TO THE WORD (ACTS 20 : 32). AS FOR ME, I WILL NOT STOP GIVING TO THE WORK OF GOD SO THAT MORE PEOPLE WILL BE TRANSLATED INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD,

why does an ALL-POWERFUL god need MONEY from us mere mortals in order to spread his word?
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by Kay17: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
Pinpoint mudley!
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by ogajim(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2010
@OP

These new IDs are suspect in the first place and your "lecture" on GIVING is flawed at best. You seem to be showing signs of brainwashing at mid level point, make sure your foundation is based on the Bible and not what a man said to you.

Where did Jesus ask for money to spread the Word? Your life style can turn people to or away from God, most of your giving seems based or hinged on the "expected return" which is a Wall street philosophy because our God does not follow the "quid pro quo" standards thank you very much.

There are various ways one can give or reach out to other folks, You seem like the type that will leave a need at home because you don't want to "dip into the tithe/offering", is that practice Biblical?
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by cemehere: 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2010
It is always awesome when you know you are doing the right thing. I am not suprise when people talk against giving, I have been there before, I even said more than what some of us are saying now, some time I use to say, God does not use our kind of currency in his dwelling place, so why must we give to Him through our churches. These and more questions I use to ask and my personal reasons why I dont want to give my money to God through my tithes, seeds and offerings.

You know, I had to try this myself, to see how it works. You can call it brainwashing or whatever, but the truth is I am a living proof of this reality I am talking about today.

You should know that what you dont do, you dont believe, because what you believe controls you.
Re: Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) by cemehere: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2010
It is always awesome when you know you are doing the right thing. I am not suprise when people talk against giving, I have been there before, I even said more than what some of us are saying now, some time I use to say, God does not use our kind of currency in his dwelling place, so why must we give to Him through our churches. These and more questions I use to ask and my personal reasons why I dont want to give my money to God through my tithes, seeds and offerings.

You know, I had to try this myself, to see how it works. You can call it brainwashing or whatever, but the truth is I am a living proof of this reality I am talking about today.

You should know that what you dont do, you dont believe, because what you believe controls you.

(1) (Reply)

Revelation: The Mystery Of Heaven And Hell / Pure Description Of Islam / How To Tell Your Parents You Are Becoming A Satanist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.