Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,986 members, 7,838,503 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. - Education (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. (395655 Views)

UNILAG 2014/2015 CUT OFF IS OUT!!ridiculous catchment for enginnering / UNILAG 2014 Post UTME Screening Date, Cut-off Mark & Exam Details Announced / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (254) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 06, 2014
Ellemuah:

i need answers pls
since you have d aforementioned you can pick Maths,English, govt and Economics in jamb about d hostel for two....u wud have to get a private hostel for zat....cos d skul hostels are usually maybe for 5 peeps and above
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by ogbenicodes(m): 7:52am On Dec 06, 2014
So, anyone with the intention of going to convert his/her "wapic insurance" bank teller should hold on, the guy in charge wouldn't be available till next year. I was there yesterday(05/12/14).... And I was told.
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 06, 2014
elgaitan:
since you have d aforementioned you can pick Maths,English, govt and Economics in jamb about d hostel for two....u wud have to get a private hostel for zat....cos d skul hostels are usually maybe for 5 peeps and above
Tnx, like aw much is the private hostel nd will it be inside d skul or outside?? And the skul fee?
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Themmy007(m): 9:03am On Dec 06, 2014
Ellemuah:

Tnx, like aw much is the private hostel nd will it be inside d skul or outside?? And the skul fee?
The private hostel is like 150k n above or so and its outside unilag premises but i think its within akoka... The school fee for this session is - Science(55,500), Non science(53,500).
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2014
Themmy007:
The private hostel is like 150k n above or so and its outside unilag premises but i think its within akoka... The school fee for this session is - Science(55,500), Non science(53,500).
Tnx very mch sorry 4 d questions bt i hve one more quest to ask,.....

is that the skul fee alone or hostel fee nd others inclusive and how much will the skul fee be after yr1?
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Themmy007(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2014
Ellemuah:

Tnx very mch sorry 4 d questions bt i hve one more quest to ask,.....

is that the skul fee alone or hostel fee nd others inclusive and how much will the skul fee be after yr1?
yes its the school fee alone, hostel fee is separate... Other charges to be paid will be made known to you once you start the registration for new students after admission. The subsequent fee after yr1 is Science(15,500), Non science(14,500).
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 06, 2014
Ellemuah:

iono d fee of d private hostel neither do I knw its location buh as regards d skul fee it is #53500 for non- science students
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Estelle95(f): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2014
mawning peeps. heard that hostel card will soon be out. pls holla me o.. I haven't done lag mobile services so I cant get updates at the moment. also saw this 'course registration' stuff on their site. pls after departmental and faculty registration, what next pls cause I don't want to be left out.. thanks pals..xoxo..
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Themmy007(m): 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
Foundation Orientation Starts On The 11th Of December,2014.
2014/2015 Course Registration Starts On the 8th Of December,2014.
You Are Welcome cheesy
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by mphillz(m): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
Any computer science student done with the reg here?
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by decimetre(m): 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
DonSazy:
thnks alot u just clarified alot for me if you find anymore info please post it
pls drop ur facebook username so i can add u
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by quickberry(m): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
Pls who is finance course adviser, how can i locate his/her office?
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Rozmahn: 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
tanxs..i just dont want to be left 9ut in d hostel struggle
oyinyioza:
they re supposed to send a message to u confirming ur payment depending on when u paid but its nt always immidiately.concerning accomodation fees message,its nt all messages dat u wld recieve frm lag mobile.for instance in my room any message my room mate recieves,i dnt recieve and any message i recieve,my room mate does nt.bt @ times they may send d same message to us.its just 4 d message to go round.datz why u wld see 'tell others' @ d end of d message
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Nkechi12(f): 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
yes it is. you need the wapic assurance receipt to clear urself for hostel and u get info about events in school from lagmobile
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Eke40seven(m): 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Unilag my alma mater, a school I'm proud of. My NYSC only highlighted the pride inherent in the school. Well, as someone who graduated from there not too long ago here is an advise for new and prospective students.
If you are a jambite, take one full year and read like your very life depends on it. Read! read! read! and lay a good foundation for yourself, it will pay off in your post-UME and your year 1.

If you have gotten admission and you are preparing for year 1. Try as much as possible to settle in a hostel quickly. Note that the distraction in some hostels are greater than some, e.g New Hall, Shodehinde especially, not forgetting big boys lodges like BQ and High rise.

Its in year one that you can easily build your GP with no hassle if you are wise. Don't forget, it becomes harder as you climb and lecturers are more lenient in your 100 L.

Unilag is littered with loads of distraction especially for jambites, from Campus GIG, Clubs, beach parties to BBQ nights, Hostel weeks, to trade fair, many corporate body organised gigs (I saw EVERY bubbling and famous artist in my 5 years in Unilag, Its so common that we are literally begged to attend some e.g when MI came to New Hall at New Hall begging us to come attend his Blackberry sponsored show at sports centre), Films in the hostels, girls, fashion, peer pressure, etc. As at 2012, when I was there. they also do not really thrive on cultism but on rival club parties and fashion.
Be careful, for every mistake you make, you will pay for it with a fraction of your GP.
Don't joke with your class notes and lectures, as a year 1 students, all your exam answers are in your class note and trust me, they can't be that much. Don't read too wide if you don't have enough time, your notes have the key points. (coming from someone who loves to read wide)
Early preparation is the key, read your note at least 3 hours everyday even way back before the exam, don't waste too much energy on group works, let your money work for you.
Get past question, after your note, this is the most important tool. don't go too far, 2-3 years is enough, lecturers can be changed and thus the format and marking scheme.

Don't get into trouble with your lecturers, don't let the admission get into your head, don't forget you are still a glorified Jambite, many entered not all graduated. Ask your seniors about what your lecturers want and follow their advice. some are lacram lapour while some are not.

Benchmark your performance at all times and set big targets for yourself, you may not reach it, but the efforts you put in to get it will yield results that will astound many.

Ask questions, keep tabs with what your class rep is doing and make friends with people 1 or max 2 classes ahead (the best of course).

Roll and keep in touch with the best, look up to the most brilliant and not the most fashionable.. know your weakness and utilise your strengths.

MODIFIED RULE: Not all courses are equally important, give each the time it deserves, some are 4 units and some are 2. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's but that doesn't mean you should neglect any. Having A in 2 2unit courses with E in 1 4 unit course, is as good as a C in all (3.00 GP) and vice versa.

GST courses are inconsequential to your GP. If you get A or E, P (pass) will be written on your transcript. but don't fail them or you must do them again with your Juniors. Your course form may erroneously present them as 2 units but in reality they are zero units. Just read the recommended textbook once when there are no serious works, get as many PQs as possible before exam, many will come with ticked answers. GST dpt. don't have time to set new questions.

Keep GOOD records of your results and learn how to calculate your GP. CITS makes loads of mistakes and there is no way you can identify the mistakes and contest it if you don't know.

As for the social life, have fun, visit hostels, check out some BBQ parties, attend fellowship, toast, have crushes and fall in love but in all, don't loose focus or forget why you are in Unilag.

Have a great time as an AKOKITE.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by ooooooooo: 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
after submitting your clearance sheet at the faculty of law what next?
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by dhrey: 4:42am On Dec 07, 2014
Eke40seven:
Unilag my alma mater, a school I'm proud of. My NYSC only highlighted the pride inherent in the school. Well, as someone who graduated from there not too long ago here is an advise for new and prospective students.
If you are a jambite, take one full year and read like your very life depends on it. Read! read! read! and lay a good foundation for yourself, it will pay off in your post-UME and your year 1.

If you have gotten admission and you are preparing for year 1. Try as much as possible to settle in a hostel quickly. Note that the distraction in some hostels are greater than some, e.g New Hall, Shodehinde especially, not forgetting big boys lodges like BQ and High rise.

Its in year one that you can easily build your GP with no hassle if you are wise. Don't forget, it becomes harder as you climb and lecturers are more lenient in your 100 L.

Unilag is littered with loads of distraction especially for jambites, from Campus GIG, Clubs, beach parties to BBQ nights, Hostel weeks, to trade fair, many corporate body organised gigs (I saw EVERY bubbling and famous artist in my 5 years in Unilag, Its so common that we are literally begged to attend some e.g when MI came to New Hall at New Hall begging us to come attend his Blackberry sponsored show at sports centre), Films in the hostels, girls, fashion, peer pressure, etc. As at 2012, when I was there. they also do not really thrive on cultism but on rival club parties and fashion.
Be careful, for every mistake you make, you will pay for it with a fraction of your GP.
Don't joke with your class notes and lectures, as a year 1 students, all your exam answers are in your class note and trust me, they can't be that much. Don't read too wide if you don't have enough time, your notes have the key points. (coming from someone who loves to read wide)
Early preparation is the key, read your note at least 3 hours everyday even way back before the exam, don't waste too much energy on group works, let your money work for you.
Get past question, after your note, this is the most important tool. don't go too far, 2-3 years is enough, lecturers can be changed and thus the format and marking scheme.

Don't get into trouble with your lecturers, don't let the admission get into your head, don't forget you are still a glorified Jambite, many entered not all graduated. Ask your seniors about what your lecturers want and follow their advice. some are lacram lapour while some are not.

Benchmark your performance at all times and set big targets for yourself, you may not reach it, but the efforts you put in to get it will yield results that will astound many.

Ask questions, keep tabs with what your class rep is doing and make friends with people 1 or max 2 classes ahead (the best of course).

Roll and keep in touch with the best, look up to the most brilliant and not the most fashionable.. know your weakness and utilise your strengths.

Have fun, visit hostels, check out some BBQ parties, attend fellowship, toast, have crushes and fall in love but in all, don't loose focus or forget why you are in Unilag.

kudos to you bro.
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Sholly53: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
[quote author=quickberry post=28643710]Pls who is finance course adviser, how can i locate his/her office?[/go to lever brothers, near d biz admin fac.. Enter d building.. By ur left. U'll see and entrance."enter".. D last door by ur right is her office]
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Estelle95(f): 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
pls whu is also actuarial science course adviser o.. I am hearing that people have started seeing their course advisers..tnx..
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by DonSazy: 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nkechi12:
yes it is. you need the wapic assurance receipt to clear urself for hostel and u get info about events in school from lagmobile
what are you refering to
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by DonSazy: 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
Eke40seven:

Have fun, visit hostels, check out some BBQ parties, attend fellowship, toast, have crushes and fall in love but in all, don't loose focus or forget why you are in Unilag.

GOD BLESS YOU 4 D ADICE MUCH NEEDED

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by DonSazy: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
decimetre:
pls drop ur facebook username so i can add u
not on fbook yet
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Filipandy(m): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Eke40seven:

Thanks a Bunch bro.
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Western007: 10:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
Guys now dat d session is over, is it still possible 4 me 2 pay d wapic insurance nd lagmobile coz I was told both will be needed during d hostel applicatn. Aw will I go abt d payments, nd aw much is both?
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Rozmahn: 12:24am On Dec 08, 2014
thumbs up bro...tanxs for d advice...i so love it
Eke40seven:

Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by oyinyioza(f): 7:02am On Dec 08, 2014
ANNOUNCEMENT
If any of ur parents is a staff @ unilag or cmul go to unilag website and fill the staff biological request form for hostel.its an avenue for u to get hostel cos its nt everybody they wld gv hostel.fill it and go and submit to d DSA's office with ur birth cert.thanks.
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by mphillz(m): 7:42am On Dec 08, 2014
Pls wen is comp sci course reg starting?
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Jesutofunmi896(m): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2014
mphillz:
Pls wen is comp sci course reg starting?
I have done mine but not sure if I'm through with it sha. Go to the secretary office of the department and make a payment of 1K. You will be referred to one lecturer's office to collect the prospectus and also write you name. Lobatan for now
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:48am On Dec 08, 2014
The portal for medical reg and course reg had being opened
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by Drealbunmi(m): 10:40am On Dec 08, 2014
Tolulopefinest:
The portal for medical reg and course reg had being opened
mine is showing registration has closed for this session
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by mphillz(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2014
Jesutofunmi896:
I have done mine but not sure if I'm through with it sha. Go to the secretary office of the department and make a payment of 1K. You will be referred to one lecturer's office to collect the prospectus and also write you name. Lobatan for now
Oh.... Thanks... Ave done dat... U're sure that's all for now?
Re: Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. by quickberry(m): 11:50am On Dec 08, 2014
Drealbunmi:
mine is showing registration has closed for this session
which dept r u?

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (254) (Reply)

Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session / The Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2015/2016 Admission Session / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.