Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

First Lady: I Never Wooed PDP Govs For Tukur - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady: I Never Wooed PDP Govs For Tukur (390 Views)

NA’abba Blames Former S-east Govs For Biafra Agitations / Pdp Govs In Fresh Plot To Stop Buhari / 2015 Election: Atiku Considers Four Govs For His Running-mate, Here They Are… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Lady: I Never Wooed PDP Govs For Tukur by Omooba77: 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
First Lady Patience Jonathan has dismissed a report that she met and urged some PDP governors to ensure the party national chairman, Bamanga Tukur, retains his seat.
Mrs Jonathan, in a statement last night by her media aide, Ayo Adesugba, said she had never threatened anyone, let alone serving governors.
She was specifically reacting to a media report that she discussed with Governors Idris Wada, Godswill Akpabio and Theodore Orji of Kogi, Akwa Ibom and Abia States respectively.
She warned that nobody should under any guise use her name to cause division in Nigeria as she had committed herself to fasting and praying for the peace and unity of the country.
The first lady urged journalists in the country to be more mature in reporting and adhere to the basic ethics of their profession “by being fair, factual and balanced”.
“We urge all peace loving Nigerians to unite against those who want to fan the embers of discord in our nation as they’ve no fear of the Lord and they’ll not succeed. We must condemn reports that whip up needless sentiments and heat up the polity as they don’t do anyone any good. Let’s therefore look for those things that unite us as a people and shun things that divide us or cause disaffection among us. As journalists, let’s write stories adhering strictly to good journalistic ethics. We owe our nation this by not lending hands to those promoting mischief and disaffection,” the statement said.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/politics/12745-first-lady-i-never-wooed-pdp-govs-for-tukur
Re: First Lady: I Never Wooed PDP Govs For Tukur by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
THANK YOU MA

(1) (Reply)

Bokoharam: Jonathan Assures Military Of Better Firepower To Deal With Terrorism / National Conference More Important Than 2015 Elections, Afenifere Tells Jonathan / Change Of Nigerian Leadership To Eradicate Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.