Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! (2855 Views)

We Are Monitoring Buhari With A Lot Of Respects – PDP / APC Says They Are Monitoring All Polling Units And Will Reject Contrary Numbers / CIA,MI5,MOSSAD,KGB and other foreign spy organisations are monitoring Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nuzo1(m): 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
Some people are experts in hiding their hatred for their fellow human being under satire.

How can a Nigerian who celebrates in the streets whenever any bad thing happens to another Nigerian from another region be now concerned of the welfare of this hated Nigerian should he be granted his own sovereign state.

O ga o.

3 Likes

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Oshodia: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
People who said eastern region will have a problem is a lier , the country which you will witness such violence in Sudan today is western region. Go and read akintola and awolowo , anyway may be that is why the Yorubas are afraid of to be their own country
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by ezeagu(m): 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: This is the reason why we should always practise politics of unity and not tribalism and religion. The worst country that can emerge out of Nigeria if we separate based on tribe and religion as often suggested by most PDP lapdogs is Igboland and South-south. The only way to avoid a continuous crisis is to give every family or village their own country.

Yet the most organised autonomous indigenous-run nation-state in African history was Biafra.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Abagworo(m): 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
ezeagu:

Yet the most organised autonomous indigenous-run nation-state in African history was Biafra.

Then we had a challenge and common enemy which was the rest of Nigeria and most people were fighting for survival and not for oil or tribe. Today most of the people claiming to be agitating for break-up are making their claims because of tribe, religion ad oil. These 3 things are never defined in absolute and that was why Ojukwu disagreed with Gowon on State creation based on ethnicity. Inside every assumed major tribe, their remains sub-tribes that will emerge dorminant thereby creating neo-ethnic groups in the tribal conscious society. Look at Mbaise and Owerri and Mbaitoli in Owerri zone of Imo State as an example. Ordinarily it is assumed that they are all Owerri zone in Imo State in Igboland but they can never agree. Even if you create an Owerri country, there will be core Uratta or Owerri, then Mbaitoli/Ikeduru and then Mbaise. They will all demand for their turn to be Governor or want their own independence.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by deeptesting(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
Kponkwem:

Fear merchant! Most of those groups you mentioned with the exception of Andoni and Ogoni can be streamlined as Igbo-Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye, Abua, Igbani, Etche and Ijaw-Kalabari, Engenni, Igbani also.

Stop microcising cognisable group classifications.

Chai! Your monicker rings a bell....Nwenem...
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by ezeagu(m): 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Then we had a challenge and common enemy which was the rest of Nigeria and most people were fighting for survival and not for oil or tribe. Today most of the people claiming to be agitating for break-up are making their claims because of tribe, religion ad oil. These 3 things are never defined in absolute and that was why Ojukwu disagreed with Gowon on State creation based on ethnicity. Inside every assumed major tribe, their remains sub-tribes that will emerge dorminant thereby creating neo-ethnic groups in the tribal conscious society. Look at Mbaise and Owerri and Mbaitoli in Owerri zone of Imo State as an example. Ordinarily it is assumed that they are all Owerri zone in Imo State in Igboland but they can never agree. Even if you create an Owerri country, there will be core Uratta or Owerri, then Mbaitoli/Ikeduru and then Mbaise. They will all demand for their turn to be Governor or want their own independence.

You can never compare the disagreements (usually over land) of Igbo-speaking groups with the sabotage, murder, and general discord between the major ethnic groups in Nigeria. The scale of animosity do not match in any sense. The difference between an Mbaise and Owere squabble, and a Hausa-Fulani and Igbo squabble is mass murder, as in Fulani hoards will kill everyone in your village if they can, while Igbo intra-ethnic problems rarely escalate to violence. Not to even talk about how the major ethnic groups in Nigeria sabotage each others projects at the federal level, which never happens in the south east zone between states.

The excuse that Biafra was so efficient because of a common enemy or goal is weak. As everyone should know by now, Biafra was a multi-ethnic state, many of the ethnic groups it was comprised of deflected to Nigeria against Biafra. If the Igbo spirit of cohesiveness were as flimsy as you suggested, why did we not witness a massive disintegration of Igbo loyalty, even to the point that there were Biafra soldiers from Agbor fighting for the cause until their towns were captured and they went into hiding? In fact a common goal wouldn't even be a glue that holds such a country together with a group of people so disunited as you suggest.

Not to even delve into how the Nigerian state has designed many Igbo intra-ethnic divisions, a fact that a person from Imo State should know quite well.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Onlytruth(m): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
@Op, but would you say that South Sudan would rather go back to status quo ante -revert back to old Sudan? lai lai
All new nations go through teething problems. FACT of life.
The problem with Nigeria is that somehow major stake holders in that country has failed to tell themselves the truth about the problems facing Nigeria. They adopted lies, and even CURRENTLY blocking attempts at getting to the truth.
If they had told themselves the truth, we would have since (around 1976) laid ALL the foundations that sustain a big country like Nigeria.
It didn't happen because of some of reasons people are calling for Nigeria's disintegration today.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by emiye(m): 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
i am not an advocate of nigeria's break up, but decentralisation and devolution of power (more power and responsibilities to the state and local governments).

South sudan is going through a shameful familiar pattern with virtually all sub saharan african countries after independence, its current phase of disarray might last long because of the country's vast petroleum resources cry cry.

For those clamoring for old biafra (1967 ), it is a big disaster waiting to happen. The then biafra minority with the best of mineral resource (oil) will not play second fiddle to the biafra majority.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Ngokafor(f): 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nuzo':
Some people are experts in hiding their hatred for their fellow human being under satire.

How can a Nigerian who celebrates in the streets whenever any bad thing happens to another Nigerian from another region be now concerned of the welfare of this hated Nigerian should he be granted his own sovereign state.

O ga o.

..Excatly!!..it's funny how they are already yapping about Anambra versus Enugu,Biafra and so on like broken records instead of minding their own 'eldorado'..
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by emiye(m): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nuzo':

O ga o.
Maybe they are afraid of millions of refugees who will migrate in to their land in the event,....

1 Like

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by OkBounce(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Obiagu1:

Biafra will only be like South Sudan if they continue staying in Nigeria longer than they've already done, fighting a second civil war and forming warlords at every district.

Right now, we have no warlords and the time is now to secede.

Biafra is not South Sudan!
Thanks alot brother,I repeat again that The Republic of Biafra won't b like south Sudan and Nigeria either,the yorubas & Northeners should stop being petrified! Rather u guys should concern yaselves with whatever that is left of Nigeria when we secede..
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Donmams(m): 8:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
I pity these biafrans. They say those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it. They think they are better than south sudan. Rubbish. The only reason the igbos are united now is because they are fighting a common enemy which is the north. Once they get their country they'll hurriedly turn on each other. It will be a bloodbath. In any case the igbos, with the help of GEJ are trying to reenact 1966 here already. Let someone tell the fools that the same destiny shall befall them as it did their grandparents. As a matter of fact even worse.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by kettykin: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Split of Nigeria will be like the split up ofsoviet union and not like the split into two of sundan so why Comparing Biafra with South sudan, why not compare biafra with Eritrea, isreal, ukraine,
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams: I pity these biafrans. They say those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it. They think they are better than south sudan. Rubbish. The only reason the igbos are united now is because they are fighting a common enemy which is the north. Once they get their country they'll hurriedly turn on each other. It will be a bloodbath. In any case the igbos, with the help of GEJ are trying to reenact 1966 here already. Let someone tell the fools that the same destiny shall befall them as it did their grandparents. As a matter of fact even worse.

Aboki, please Ibos are free to form their sovereign states.

But there is a problem:

-Are they willing to let free non-Ibo groups in the SS region decide for themselves WITHOUT coercing them to join their new nation?

-Are they willing to accept the consequences that will follow their separation e.g confiscation of their assets in Western & other regions, Imposition of tax regimes that may not favor them in the West, etc.

BRO, WITH ALL SINCERITY OF HEART , If Ibos will accept these two Herculean tasks, especially the second one , I tell you that Yorubas will be their staunchest protagonists for their new home. !!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by M17: 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo: This is the reason why we should always practise politics of unity and not tribalism and religion. The worst country that can emerge out of Nigeria if we separate based on tribe and religion as often suggested by most PDP lapdogs is Igboland and South-south. The only way to avoid a continuous crisis is to give every family or village their own country.

4fok you pig . leave igbo out of your zombie mind .dead maggot.

1 Like

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by M17: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo:

why don't you hang your self and your children including your local mullah .Animal.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by DaLover(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
St_Black:

But there is a problem:

-Are they willing to let free non-Ibo groups in the SS region decide for themselves WITHOUT coercing them to join their new nation?

-Are they willing to accept the consequences that will follow their separation e.g confiscation of their assets in Western & other regions, Imposition of tax regimes that may not favor them in the West, etc.

BRO, WITH ALL SINCERITY OF HEART , If Ibos will accept these two Herculean tasks, especially the second one , I tell you that Yorubas will be their staunchest protagonists for their new home. !!
Why should Yoruba impose unfavourable tax and seize igbo property? Is that d kind of envy u have been living in?
Anyhow I believe that if lots of Yoruba can live happily in USA, UK, Ghana etc and pay regular taxes without molestation, then lots of igbos will live in an Oduduwa country without molestation, already there are lots of igbos in African countries like Ghana, Cameroon, Gabon, SA etc and nothing dey happen
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
DaLover:
Why should Yoruba impose unfavourable tax and seize igbo property? Is that d kind of envy u have been living in?
Anyhow I believe that if lots of Yoruba can live happily in USA, UK, Ghana etc and pay regular taxes without molestation, then lots of igbos will live in an Oduduwa country without molestation, already there are lots of igbos in African countries like Ghana, Cameroon, Gabon, SA etc and nothing dey happen

Why cant Ibos form their home without harrasing other non-Ibos in the name of expasionism then? . PLS ANSWER THAT.

I also see you found it easy answering the second question in my last post. If you know greed wont push your kinsmen to claim what aint theirs, why do the wrong first place?...So you feel its your right to claim territories of other minorities BUT you dont feel its the right for Yorubas to do likewise, right?

...And BTW, I dont get your use of the word "Envy" in this context, ...or maybe you can make your point clearer. What does the word "envy" has to do with confiscation & imposing tax burdens on aliens who have killed some of my tribesmen in a war they shouldnt wage against my tribesmen in the first place? ...Isn't that a Legal/Clean way of making them pay for what they did to my tribesmen who they eliminated in a war ALL IN THE NAME of their 'new home'?

Bro, Lest you forget, for every war that concludes, Reparations are made imperative for the warring factions that are guilty of the cause of the war. !

In WW1 & WW2, Germany was the aggressor nation & we know the rest. They paid dearly for it. !!!. Economically, Politically, Geographically, etc, the world ensured Germany paid the price of Recklessness. !

...Same with the Biafran War. But guess what, You Ibos paid sparingly. ! . Believe you me, If I were to be Gowon, I will ensure:

-You pay dearly for your recklessness.

-the mistake made by Gowon not to have separated ONLY THE 5 Ibo States from Nigeria was not made by me. !

And LOL, I guess you really dont know us quite well. Maybe a quick research on the behavior of Yorubas towards enemies (not rivals pls note, as Ibos are our rivals). A brief look at how a Yoruba sees & does to a Fulani will tell you what Ibos would be facing if they were an enemy of the Yoruba.

As long as you have no cause to make urselves our enemies, but just rivals, then, BE OUR GUESTS. !
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Truth be told, I have never been an advocate of disintegration, not because I like how Nigeria is currently structured, but because I know that disintegration would not solve the problem of clannish/ethnocentric/'tribalistic' attitudes. The only disintegration that would make sense is one that cuts off the core north (emphasis on 'core', over-Islamic, Boko-Haramic north) from Nigeria. I genuinely believe that the entire South and the middle belt (with secrions of Kaduna, Adamawa, Plateau, and Taraba) can live together in negotiated peace and harmony.

The argument against disintegration is persuasive. The Ife-Modakeke, Agulere-Umulere (and countless other) intra-communal conflicts tell us that Nigerians are more clannish than tribalistic. In Ogun State, Yewa would fight Ijebu etc. In Lagos, Awori would fight the others. In Benue, Tiv and Idoma would always annihilate each other. In Delta, a war of attrition will be inevitable between Ijaw and Itsekiri. It goes on and on. . . .

Nigerians (and black Africa in general) are seriously impaired - mentally, psychologically, philosophically, and otherwise. It is fashionable in this part of the world to create enemies (and propagate enmity) for the mere sake of it, even where no valid reasons exist.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by ezeagu(m): 12:20am On Dec 22, 2013
Fact is Nigeria's "unity" has yet to yield anything significant in over 100 years. A section of the country showed it up with a heavy handicap in three years.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Obiagu1(m): 2:15am On Dec 22, 2013
How many years is it now that Biafrans have been asking to leave Nigeria, yet others refuse to accept it.

In 2050, everyone will beg Biafrans to leave.

Reason:
Biafrans will dominate every sector when corruption is curbed and fair competition returns.
Yorubas will become tenants in their states.
Igbo will be governor of Lagos.

If you can't see this, then may God have mercy on your children.

Let Biafrans leave now before it is too late!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by DerideGull(m): 2:27am On Dec 22, 2013
Donmams: I pity these biafrans. They say those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it. They think they are better than south sudan. Rubbish. The only reason the igbos are united now is because they are fighting a common enemy which is the north. Once they get their country they'll hurriedly turn on each other. It will be a bloodbath. In any case the igbos, with the help of GEJ are trying to reenact 1966 here already. Let someone tell the fools that the same destiny shall befall them as it did their grandparents. As a matter of fact even worse.

The citizens of Republic of Igbo land will not have time to turn on each other when there are Republic of Oodua and Islamic Republic of Caliphate to be subdued.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by DerideGull(m): 2:31am On Dec 22, 2013
St_Black:

But there is a problem:

Are you a slow learner? We are talking about Republic of Igbo land and you are busy talking about coercing somebody.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by musiwa112: 2:31am On Dec 22, 2013
because they should have divide sudan into 3 countries. not 2 countries from the begin.

which is the case with nigeria. they can only divide nigeria into 3 , not 2.. .. they three can make up their mind was they want to do..
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by owobokiri(m): 2:43am On Dec 22, 2013
wazoboy: Thanks, dats exctly what I had in mind! Africa will always be Africa

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Ayomel(m): 4:41am On Dec 22, 2013
In all indications Nigeria will never breakup
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 22, 2013
True federalism is what I clamour for and not disintegration! when we were practicing federalism, Awolowo brought the idea of free education to others, but they rejected it, but he went ahead and practsed it in his region! If we are practising true federalism and ibos decided to come and develope Lagos, then dat is their bloody headache!
True federalism and not disintegration!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by wordcat(m): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2013
Are u saying that leaders from d North cares more abt their people than leaders from d South East

Omo_Tier1:
He is simply telling you the truth that leaders in these regions careless about the people and they will fight and destroy the land for their selfish aim.

Look at traditional seats in these regions, with the exception of Edo, the rest always end up in bloody war. That should give you a taste of what it may be like when these regions break away from the center. They will destroy themselves quicker than salt dissolving in water!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Otono2(m): 8:41am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
He is simply telling you the truth that leaders in these regions careless about the people and they will fight and destroy the land for their selfish aim.

Look at traditional seats in these regions, with the exception of Edo, the rest always end up in bloody war. That should give you a taste of what it may be like when these regions break away from the center. They will destroy themselves quicker than salt dissolving in water!
what about the bokoharam in the north?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Shelves Politics, Praises Okorocha / 2015: Fashola Dismisses Speculation Of Being Running Mate To Buhari / Delta LG Polls: Ethiope East Decides Today (live).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.