Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Nokia 2520 Tablet PC - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 2520 Tablet PC (20442 Views)

Brand New Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet Forsale / Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet PC Specs, Features And Price / Nokia Lumia 2520 - Nokia's First Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by ITbomb(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pgent1: if u ask me,i see andriod having a major problem in d future because most phone manfacturer chinese phones inclusive are using d same os,i see andriod fading out like d once popular java os....d popularity of andriod is gonna kill d big manufacturers cos customer will be going 4 phones like tecno&infinix than samsung&htc
If windows never faded in spite of everybody using same then that can never be a reason for Android to fade
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by geebehn(m): 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
ITbomb:
I didn't know that making an OS hard to understand OS is really cool. It seems you dont really understand Apple selling point.
If you think android is really easy to understand then iOS must be a piece of toy for you but ironically that is why they are selling
I WONDER O!
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by vetababy(f): 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
its beautiful
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Beemhan(m): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
amaboss: I'm a proud windows user. You know one thing I like about the Lumia phones and windows OS? It's Just for smart people. It's not like an android you can pick up and understand in few minutes. Moreover those with Lumia phones can testify to the swagg the phone adds to them no matter how long they've been using it. That feeling you're holding a smartphone doesn't just fade after few months of usage.
This is an awesome device....y'all can testify that windows tables are just pretty and good looking... Right from surface 2, surface 2 pro and now this.
Kudos to Windows and Nokia Lumia!!!
wat is dis one sayin? windows 8 is for smart pple? biatch. puh-leeeaaase! i hv d dumbest gilrs in my class usin windows 8on PCs witout any hascle. just cuz ur singl digit i.q made it dificult for u to undstnd it doznt mean its for smart ppl. sayin its easy to undstnd android, i doubt if u'v used an android b4. besides, 218 ppi for a 10incher?! i'l pas abeg. rada get a tecno pad
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Adex097: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
This stuff is similar to the Samsung ATIV smart pc mum got from someone last two weeks..buh I don't like it cos of the OS .....Windows8 ain't cool undecided

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by GetUmad: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ijobaorun: .
Pls how can I post a topic on nairaland? Thanks.
Do not use this to derail the thread. Go to the particular section u would like your thread(i.e politics) to be under and click on "New".
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by donajisafe(m): 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Creative Thinking Brings Positive Outcomes: Evasi0n Team Releases iOS 7 Jailbreak: http://psyafe..com/2013/12/evasi0n-team-releases-ios-7-jailbreak.html
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by trendytrendz: 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
Beemhan: wat is dis one sayin? windows 8 is for smart pple? biatch. puh-leeeaaase! i hv d dumbest gilrs in my class usin windows 8on PCs witout any hascle. just cuz ur singl digit i.q made it dificult for u to undstnd it doznt mean its for smart ppl. sayin its easy to undstnd android, i doubt if u'v used an android b4. besides, 218 ppi for a 10incher?! i'l pas abeg. rada get a tecno pad
218ppi is still very good..the ipad tops out at around 264ppi..the difference isn't noticeable to most people. Other factors like contrast and brightness are more important at this screen size than ppi already above 200. I have had a Nexus 10 with 300ppi and an ipad with 264ppi side by side..really hard to spot the difference when reading text
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by T4Tsolomon(m): 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Specs ar OK but AFFORDABLE should be its last name.
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by lakefist(m): 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
amaboss: I'm a proud windows user. You know one thing I like about the Lumia phones and windows OS? It's Just for smart people. It's not like an android you can pick up and understand in few minutes. Moreover those with Lumia phones can testify to the swagg the phone adds to them no matter how long they've been using it. That feeling you're holding a smartphone doesn't just fade after few months of usage.
This is an awesome device....y'all can testify that windows tables are just pretty and good looking... Right from surface 2, surface 2 pro and now this.
you dissappoint me with your shallow points.
how to do u classify a smart phone? is it by complexity of operating d device or flexibility.
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
T4T-solomon:
Specs ar OK but AFFORDABLE should be its last name.
exactly
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Smartmanager(m): 12:06am On Dec 23, 2013
jjagz: Microsoft don't just get it do dey? Windows RT is totally useless and unnecessary. Apple has Mac OS for Macs and iOs for everything else, Google is towing the line of one to rule them all : Android and rather than microsoft streamlining their efforts they are busy on a wild goose chase. Windows Phone and Windows RT should basically be made into one experience with great syncing with Windows 8 functionality, people would be more wowed by that.
mt broda,u are right on dis dis one. Windows RT is total nonsense
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by triploc: 6:31am On Dec 23, 2013
I love windows phone.i love my Nokia lumia see as people just dey rush the fones for slot for abuja. Am enjoying my nairaland.com all the phone. Seun i guess its high time you launched your nairaland app just like cnn, Facebook,twitter,goal.com etc seasons greetings
to all of you,may God bless you all this season and beyond

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by yungryce: 7:07am On Dec 23, 2013
Beemhan: wat is dis one sayin? windows 8 is for smart pple? biatch. puh-leeeaaase! i hv d dumbest gilrs in my class usin windows 8on PCs witout any hascle. just cuz ur singl digit i.q made it dificult for u to undstnd it doznt mean its for smart ppl. sayin its easy to undstnd android, i doubt if u'v used an android b4. besides, 218 ppi for a 10incher?! i'l pas abeg. rada get a tecno pad

mr. Big i.q, this is an English forum. U cant even write what one can comprehend Na im u dey form guru

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by optimism91(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2013
Joel.:
how much is nokia selling this?
Your correct.
They could have included the price na.
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by apacheguy: 7:21am On Dec 23, 2013
And u thnk dats a gud idea?...windows OS is frustrating, that's the bottom part of it, up til this moment there are stil issues with the OS, are u talkong about windows 7.5 where u dnt hv access to files directory, or where u cant even use momery card on ur device? Or windows 8 where u can't get call duration after the last call?...apps suck in d OS, hv u tried whatsapp on windows OS and try the same whatsapp on android phone? Wat abt games? Try games on android phones and try the same game windows u'l hv beta experience on android, stop the don feeling, the main thing i gv to windows ahead of android is user interface/display, its awesome, thats the fact and also its internet explorer, one of my many grudges on the OS is u hv no other options for browse aside i.e, i need to run lots of app on firefox or chrome which is impossible, my brother, pls stop that feeling of smartphone which u thnk is unique...
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by kenshin17(m): 7:43am On Dec 23, 2013
imagine if this phone was android. 8000 mah hmmm

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:05am On Dec 23, 2013
apacheguy: And u thnk dats a gud idea?...windows OS is frustrating, that's the bottom part of it, up til this moment there are stil issues with the OS, are u talkong about windows 7.5 where u dnt hv access to files directory, or where u cant even use [b] momery [\b] card on ur device? Or windows 8 where u can't get call duration after the last call?...apps suck in d OS, hv u tried whatsapp on windows OS and try the same whatsapp on android phone? Wat abt games? Try games on android phones and try the same game windows u'l hv beta experience on android, stop the don feeling, the main thing i gv to windows ahead of android is user interface/display, its awesome, thats the fact and also its internet explorer, one of my many grudges on the OS is u hv no other options for browse aside i.e, i need to run lots of app on firefox or chrome which is impossible, my brother, pls stop that feeling of smartphone which u thnk is unique...
hahaha which one be momery card again ooooo
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 23, 2013
amaboss: I'm am proud windows user. You know one thing I like about the Lumia phones and windows OS? It's Just for smart people. It's not like an android you can pick up and understand in few minutes. Moreover those with Lumia phones can testify to the swagg the phone adds to them no matter how long they've been using it. That feeling you're holding a smartphone doesn't just fade after few months of usage.

I agree with you. my next smartphone should be nokia. I love the soft and sexy feel of their devices....
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by farolee(m): 8:43am On Dec 23, 2013
Tis might likely be the bset tablet,but they since to be coming late to tablet market.Anyway i trust Nokia Microsoft combination
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 23, 2013
xtremely9ja: Speaking from experience People often criticize what they do not know.I rather have someone that has a device running window 8 or at one time or the other use an iPhone and a device running Android OS to tell us the difference. As for me I had never in my life spoken good of windows Phones (ask a lot of people using iphone) until I was given a Lumia as an official phone at the office. Since I have been given the phone I have been asking myself why have I wasted my money on iPhone when I could have gotten something better in a Windows. With the Lumia it is just like carrying my office in my pocket. Great multimedia and lots more, I can't count the number of time the phone as fallen, scatter to pieces and all I have to do is couple it back and Vola it is back just like 3310. I can therefore summarize my experience this way; Iphone=Class, Window Phone= Productivity. I can therefore bet that the Window Tablet can't be anything less(Productivity wise).

I prefer people talking from experience than people who just rant with the crowd....

1 Like

Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2013
I think this device will be a hit considering it can easily be turned into a PC(we all favour windows computers), I personally would buy one. My only concern is why they still go with corning gorilla glass when sapphire glass is out there. Cool gadget though.
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by amaboss(m): 9:10am On Dec 23, 2013

please be more intelligible when next you post. And if you understood my comment you'll see that I wasn't referring to windows 8 for PCs. I was referring to windows 8 phones and tablets. If you haven't owned a windows 8 phone or tablet don't go ranting about what you don't know, okay
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by farolee(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2013
Pgent1: if u ask me,i see andriod having a major problem in d future because most phone manfacturer chinese phones inclusive are using d same os,i see andriod fading out like d once popular java os....d popularity of andriod is gonna kill d big manufacturers cos customer will be going 4 phones like tecno&infinix than samsung&htc

Adroid is a free OS from google.You can imagine how much google would have made if it come with price tag.If not because of the Chinese Africans wouldn't have being able to buy fones from the western part of the world.
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by amaboss(m): 9:21am On Dec 23, 2013
apacheguy: And u thnk dats a gud idea?...windows OS is frustrating, that's the bottom part of it, up til this moment there are stil issues with the OS, are u talkong about windows 7.5 where u dnt hv access to files directory, or where u cant even use momery card on ur device? Or windows 8 where u can't get call duration after the last call?...apps suck in d OS, hv u tried whatsapp on windows OS and try the same whatsapp on android phone? Wat abt games? Try games on android phones and try the same game windows u'l hv beta experience on android, stop the don feeling, the main thing i gv to windows ahead of android is user interface/display, its awesome, thats the fact and also its internet explorer, one of my many grudges on the OS is u hv no other options for browse aside i.e, i need to run lots of app on firefox or chrome which is impossible, my brother, pls stop that feeling of smartphone which u thnk is unique...

Uhm..... I wasn't talking about windows 7.5 mango, I was talking about windows 8 mobile. Yes windows 8 has it shortcomings...the call duration thing for instance, you won't say any os is perfect.
Mow coming to games, I won't say android doesn't have good games and apps because they do but for you to say that windows doesn't have apps and games, my brother you must be joking then. Have you seen 6guns, asphalt 7 heat on windows 8 phone? Windows has few apps and games but the ones the have are outstanding. Then Whatsapp?? Let me no just go there
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by tivereegega(m): 10:14am On Dec 23, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmm, TECNO all the way
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by GentleFrank(m): 10:26am On Dec 23, 2013
Good !
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by victory148(m): 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
For those of you complainin dat it isn't android u can install bluestacks on it nd run ur android apps.
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by chidooh1: 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
Windows is cool but, android seems to be the reigning os, that's why Nokia couldn't make it, i have used all os and finally chosen Android due to the tweak nature of the os. windows on phone is straight forward and direct which made it first choice for women and easy phone user.
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by fabby26(m): 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
dojumav: All dis company self... How person go save for future na... Smartphone dis smartphone dat... Phablet all over...

My broda, the thing tire me o.....Tablet this, Tablet that.......E be like say I will be needing Capsule dis time around. Hope some companies will bring something new I.e keying into manufacture of gadgets called "CAPSULES". Abeg we don tire for "TABLETS". grin
Re: Nokia 2520 Tablet PC by apacheguy: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
amaboss:

Uhm..... I wasn't talking about windows 7.5 mango, I was talking about windows 8 mobile. Yes windows 8 has it shortcomings...the call duration thing for instance, you won't say any os is perfect.
Mow coming to games, I won't say android doesn't have good games and apps because they do but for you to say that windows doesn't have apps and games, my brother you must be joking then. Have you seen 6guns, asphalt 7 heat on windows 8 phone? Windows has few apps and games but the ones the have are outstanding. Then Whatsapp?? Let me no just go there
U re not hitting on the points i raised, and on the issue of apps, u re not responding to wat i said abt them...windows os hv lots of apps ofcuz, bt u hv beta experience on that same app from android, whatsapp for instance, u hav beta experience on whatsapp from android, same with games...u may hv preferences for windows os probably due to the fact that android has been overtaken by every tom nd harry, but in comparison, pls dnt compare android nd windows

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Etisalat Change Of Name Won’t Affect Operations In Nigeria / Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? / Long Lasting Battery? Things To Avoid While Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.