Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! (8374 Views)

Final Free Dragnet GSE Past Questions And Answers ( Old And New Package) / Skye's Gse / Pls Has Any1 In D House Sat For The Gse (graduate Standardization Examination ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by adansonia(m): 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2008
what is this nigeria turning to? few months ago, a body came up with what is known as graduate standardization examination (GSE) which is aimed at substituting for aptitude tests being conduct by banks and other companies. To my surprise, the exam is to be registered by job seekers for a whooping sum of five thousand naira!! The exam is being introduced to banks and other comapnaies now even sky bank recently placed an advert for application from various candidates but final selection will be based on GSE scores. Before we know it, other banks and companies might decide to discard their aptitude tests which are always being conducted for free and substitute it with GSE which is for five thousand naira. Nairalanders, now tell me, if you or i pay five thousand naira for this exam, is there an automatic job for us? does it mean that everyone that sit for this exam will pass it? what will happen to those that did not pass? re-register with another five thousand naira? is the exam going to be free and fair or is it going to be like another JAMB? I really dont think the body conducting this exam considered the fact that their targeted candidates are unemployed, if not they will not be conducting the exam with that amount. I foresee a situation in which graduates will have to write and pass another JAMB (which does not automatically qualify you for a job) in order to be eligible for any job whatsoever. Greatest Nigerians! are will going to be looking or we are going to act? I think goverment and companies in general should reject this new system because it is not going to do job seeking nigerians any good. i need your reactions on this Nairalanders. I rest my case for now
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by Andyjoy(f): 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2008
Ride on Sister!!!!!!! grin
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by Andyjoy(f): 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
I mean Bros lipsrsealed
U talk am well.
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by jchuckc(m): 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2008
u guys r being myopic try 2 see the bigger picture
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by ekoss: 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2008
please my brother, kindly help by knowing the bod y conducting this exam.
I promise u I will take them up to the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY to explain why,
to go school come out non easy, which exam is fair in nigeria? Jamb,waec or Post UME,
they are mad. pls do reach me here, marvel4al2yahoo.com
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by doctorwho1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2008
yeah, those guys a being myopic.

my advise is that when u hear some thing try and make research about it before u satart to holla.

from my little resarch, the GSE EXAMS Is being used all over the world, it just being introduced in nigeria.

the logic is this once u sit and pass the exam u dont need to write another or any other test again. once an organisation call for employment u just have to apply with ur GSE score and u are done.

further resaerch is being made by me i keep u posted. is just like having ur waec .
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by Elvise: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2008
I have also been considering the rationale behind taxing an unemployed population with such a high amount, though I have no serious info about them but i think on the whole that it is not fair. why not they make it that once u get the job they collect the money
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by frankbonus(m): 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2008
Please does any one in the house have idea on these people's contact address or any phone number that one can use to extract information from them ? please I have been looking for this avenue for long. If you do please dont hasitate to send to my mail box at -
frankbonus@yahopo.com.
Thanks and good luck
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by monarch(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
wink True some of us are not thinking this through. If you consider the stress you go through in sitting for the different tests you have to sit for b4 landing a job transport fare there and all, I believe a universal test the GSE in this is an effective way of going about it. You have a level playing field equal opportuinities and you can apply to more establishments as they are accepting the GSE cos it saves them the cost of conducting their own tests. So, brethren look at the pros and prepare towards the GSE, get excellent scores and hopefully you'll get a job. Additional advantage for 2.2 and 3rd class to prove their mettle. All the best!!! wink[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by nkpouto(f): 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2008
I honestly dont feel the GSE thing at all!!!.
If u investigate,the individuals into the stuff were once unemployed and r now using this as an avenue to make dia own pay at the expense of job seekers.Either way u look at it I refuse to see it as a means of reducing the stress of writing tests up and down.
bsides ur writing a test once and getting a particular score to be used for all job applications doesnt mean u cant do better than that particular score u got.many waters would hav gone unda d bridge making u more experienced and competent to perform betta by reason of witing 2,3,4or more tests.My candid opinion is dat the GSE test be SCRAPPED PERIOD!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by ronaldocr: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2008
coolThe GSE style is quite unique & good but the charge is very high & the result last for only 2yrs,i think that's the k-keg about it but in other aspect it's a good innovation in naija given the way employment test are handled.I half heartedly endorse it shaaa!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by ronaldocr: 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2008
[i]the website is www.gse.org.ng embarassed
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by springtime(m): 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2008
I have mixed feelings towards this GSE stuff. It appears to be a better method of assesing peoples' qualifications for job openings. However the implementation of most good intentioned plans in Nigeria is usually faulty.I hope this will not become another money spinning venture for some crooks.
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by damsgabe(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2008
Considering the graduates of those days, did they write any exams to get Job? Y can't Nigerians call for interview to test one's ability. Even if the GSE is recognized world wide, Y will it be used as a criteria to recruit graduates. I believe most of all this things take place in countries where they really have no problem, i.e everyone is leaving almost comfortable; but some Nigerian graduates managed to finished in terms of cash looking forward to a better life after school and another body is coming with a policy of paying 5k for writing exams to look for job.

Supposing U fend for yourself in school without any sponsor, you are managing life now hoping for a better, where will you cub out 5k to pay for exams to seek for Job.

It sometimes sounds funny, that I'l pay money to look for money. Let anyway hop always for a better Nation!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by kaymd: 7:58am On Sep 03, 2008
As for me, I don't think the GSE thing really solves the recruitment problem/stress. For those that think I am being myopic, let us really take a look at the long run.
By the time several thousands start scoring the same top points (which is definitely bound to happen), what will employers use to screen applicants? Another GSE test or their own tests? Consider the jamb and post jamb thing in universities today if you don't believe it will eventually come to this.
In the end, you might score top points and apply to several companies, but so will many others, in short sha, tis back to square one with another set of tests to weed applicants but in the meantime, your 5k don goes.
I'm convinced that the GSE thing wasn't introduced in the best interest of job-seeking graduates but it is really justĀ  a technique to feather some other people's nests.

E go better! smiley
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by tayoTFC(m): 8:38am On Sep 03, 2008
i also have mixed feelings towards this GSE stuff. It appears to be a better method of assesing peoples' qualifications for job openings.
However the implementation of most good intentioned plans in Nigeria is usually faulty
moreover, we the experiece job seeker are we going to sit for test too, ?after 6yr of working experience ,
I hope this will not become another money spinning venture for some crooks.
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by Vuitton(m): 9:00am On Sep 03, 2008
Thanx for ur anti myopic view!
GSE corporate suscribers are about 20. How many job seekers within 2yrs can they offer jobs? Even if there is astronomical expansion in the time frame.
If its in other countries, those nations are developed i guess and unemployment level cannot be compared to 9ja. What about bias?
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by Vuitton(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2008
@ kaymd
I like ur example of the jamb and post ume situation. What happens when 90,000 graduates write gse and 75,000 pass the 'standard'?
How many corporate suscribers acceptin gse(approximately 20 of them) are employin up to 30 graduates at any given time.

I got d uba xchange card to pay for the gse, cos i dont want em to over debit my bank atm like they did a fellow nairalander, but im thinkin thrice.
I could add 3k to the cash and buy a laminatin machine for my biz cafe. Dig?

No time to be myopic! Think long term and be broad minded. Because of gse some peers wil waitin for 2yrs.
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by SOJ(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2008
Vuitton:

Thanx for your anti myopic view!
GSE corporate suscribers are about 20. How many job seekers within 2yrs can they offer jobs? Even if there is astronomical expansion in the time frame.
If its in other countries, those nations are developed i guess and unemployment level cannot be compared to Nigeria. What about bias?

U r not just myopic,,,,u r ignorant. What is d correlation between an aptitude test and a job offer?
Even d tests we do without 'paying a kobo' have never guaranteed us a job yet u 4get dat the logistics involved usually exceed the sum of N5,000,,,
some of us are willing to go to another state to take a test;a venture ehich involves transport and sometimes hotel money, yet u are all wrangling about paying a meager N5,000 to do a test dat if taken with gud preparation can secure a job offer,,,

Interesting If u av a grouse with GSE, let it be over somtin else and not its ingenuity in making life better!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by Vuitton(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2008
Gse is powered by Dragnet solutions, their contact is Plot 7, oniru new market road, off lekki expressway. Oniru lekki phase 1

or their nos are- 07028415534 and 07028064683

goodluck!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by tayoTFC(m): 10:02am On Sep 03, 2008
what we happen to that experience job seeker are we going to write test too, think of this, also if 10,000 write test 5,000 pple pass are u sayiny the 20 coy attached to GSE will employed the 5,000 pple or the have to waith for 2yr to get employed, ? it wont work for long in Nigeria that has more no of unmployed graduate in africa
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by jchuckc(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2008
well the idea is the better u perform, the better ur chances, so if 10,000 people write, and there are only 30 people needed, then the best 30 are taken based on performance in the test n the employers criteria 4 the particular postion. is it every body that passes jamb that gets admitted? dnt universities too have quotas. The concept of GSE shld be aplauded n supported even if the execution is a bit rusty.open ur minds,
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by pharuq: 10:32am On Sep 03, 2008
4 me, i am in different about the whole issue, but the question i keep asking myself is that; CAN IT REALLY STAND THE TEST OF TIME.Things like this can't work in this kind of Nation where the unemployment rate is so Alarming.I see it as a money spinning machine for the organisers.

Note that, they are also jobless pple like those guys out there, they were just being able to make there breakthrough at the detriment of the jobless citizens.Fellow Landers, are u going to sit back and watch yourself being exploited and extorted b'cos you've gat no job? Think about this and lets go against it once and for all.

This mediocres were formerly Dragnet, they never made a breakthrough under that name so they Re -branded as GSE. This is just a marketing strategy.Landers, wake up & use your brain. This exam can never be transparent, you and i know that.

Though a very beautiful concept, but the integrityof an average Nigerian is in question.!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by SENATORJD(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2008
shocked wow that bad?
funny enough am to take the exam on saturday for entry into a Msc course in Pan African University,
well lets see as things go.
though i feel the amount for exam is on the high side,
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by kaymd: 10:48am On Sep 03, 2008
@SOJ
The issue here is not essentially the money, but the effectiveness of the idea. As I already said, even with GSE, employers are still bound to organise another set of aptitude tests, simply because the number of qualified graduates (based on the GSE score) will most surely exceed their required number of employees. Do you really believe that when, say 30 grads are needed, only 30 will be qualified based on the GSE score, that is, without bias or prejudice? It will more likely be about 2000+ that will be qualified. What then? Conduct interviews for 2000 candidates? Back to the aptitude tests you thought you already avoided, get my gist?

The fact of the matter remains that in Nigeria, the jobs are excessively overbalanced by the job seekers, that is the core of the problem. It cannot be solved by a uniform test of graduates.

I rest my case.
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by Ezekl: 10:55am On Sep 03, 2008
GSE makes a whole of sense best of lock !!!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by SOJ(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2008
@tayoTFC
where did u hear anything about companies employing people who pass GSE? GSE is, as d name implies, a standardization test and method of assessing candidates suitability for employment. It is and was never meant to be the final abiter for job-seekers.
even after passing the test, it is up to the companies using it to select the candidates they deisre according to their OWN qualifications either thru the tests scores or an interview.

I think we r all over-reacting

kaymd:

@SOJ
The issue here is not essentially the money, but the effectiveness of the idea. As I already said, even with GSE, employers are still bound to organise another set of aptitude tests, simply because the number of qualified graduates (based on the GSE score) will most surely exceed their required number of employees. Do you really believe that when, say 30 grads are needed, only 30 will be qualified based on the GSE score, that is, without bias or prejudice? It will more likely be about 2000+ that will be qualified. What then? Conduct interviews for 2000 candidates? Back to the aptitude tests you thought you already avoided, get my gist?

The fact of the matter remains that in Nigeria, the jobs are excessively overbalanced by the job seekers, that is the core of the problem. It cannot be solved by a uniform test of graduates.

I rest my case.

it is not uncommon to find more than 2000 candidates qualified based on test scores. The last firstbank recruitment involved interviewing more than 5000 graduates nationwide; a large % in lagos alone.
what the test stands to benefit us is increased fairness in computer-based testing and eliminating back-door tactics to a minimum.
also, many more graduates stand d chance of having an opportunity to be interviewed. So the way i see it, more qualified graduates can secure jobs this way than ever.

if u av ever done a number of tests and felt discriminated based on the fact that u didnt know anyone in the company, u will know wat i mean.
GSE promises us a new vista in job seeking, dats my say.
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by kiwos(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2008
Qualified first degree holders needed for employment in the following fields below in a new building industry company

Architecture
English
chemical engineering
quantity surveyor

forward your resume to flippy_mode@yahoo.com
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by peacesofpe(m): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2008
to the bast of by understanding, the gse concept will remain a legal scam unless the price tag is taken off. simple!!!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by Vuitton(m): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ SOJ
thanx for the 'compliment'

Wel i got nothin against em- dragnet's re-branded Gse IS a laudable concept. Giving hope to unemployed graduates by Converting their desperation to wealth for themselves is so cool!

By the way i aint complaining bout 5k and by God's grace never wil, i stay in lagos and dont ever intend to travel for any aptitude test.
If am ignorant that u stay in bornu state and travel frequently for apt tests, then ditto to u cos there are lots of graduates who cant afford to gamble 5 grand on GSE!
If 5k is meagre to u, then maybe u dont need a job. Use ur cash for development.
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by SOJ(m): 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2008
@Vuitton
dont take it personal, dear. I didnt mena to take a pun at pple who may not be able to afford 5k;i was once unable to afford N100 credit for my phone!
But wat i'm hitting at is the thinking dat says that 'graduates do not have to pay to take a test'.dat is absurd;if a test is confirmed to be used a s a standard by companies for recruiting then jobseekers shuld be willing to invest both time and money in it,if the situation demands it,,,,we shuldnt expect free lunch all d time,,,

i advice everyone who kinda resists this idea to step back and consider the benefits in the longterm,,,thats wat wuld work!
Re: Graduate Standardization Examination (gse)! by felixointl: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2008
Guys, nothing much is to be said about this topic. This set of persons are chronic thieves. I have written to them that they should not send to me anything like job alert.
This firm that came out to perpetrate fraud under the coverage of making employment processes easier for job seekers.
They have recently asked me to provide them with my ATM details - pin number and the host of others.
They are fraudsters. quote me any where, any day. I have the evidence. Advise all Nigerian to refrain from dealing with them in any form. Don't in a the bid of getting job fall a victim.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Graduate Customer Service Agents At Jumia Nigeria - 13th Oct, 2015 / Midland Microfinance Bank Test Invite / Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.