Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues (5516 Views)

Nnpc’s Unremitted Funds To Federation Account Are N4.9trn – RMAFC / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by AnanseK(m): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You shameless jobbers keep trying to shift the focus of threads to useless issues. Keep it up, readers see through your antics.

For me, the bottom line is that, the unconscionable level of unremitted funds to the Federal Government and the underlying corrupt and possible fraud involved, has been exposed by Sanusi. Even Iweala confirms that NNPC alone has at least $10BILLION unremitted!!! These facts cannot be changed no matter how hard you try to introduce tribalism into the matter. Many fools do not understand that the thieves hail for the North, South, East, and West.

We must demand accountability from all government agencies and we now know that GEJ's way of dealing with this problem is to form another committee or task force. We know how successful his task forces and committees have been in the past. SMH

1000 likes for your clear and truthful statement. Thugs like Taharqa and Ngwakwe are drowning men along with the Reterdeen's corruption gang and they will clutch at the flimsiest straw. Wishing them safe journey to Otueke. While their dumb Oga is being tried and jailed.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by luckyman1010(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2013
Chop make I chop , ask robber to catch a thief. LOL
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by paulifera: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2013
dis govt is known 4 creatin panel or commitee bt nothin ix reali happenin:may God help us
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by juman(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2013
Federal government is not a serious one.
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by fkaz(m): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2013
Hum in fela anikulapo kuti voice

Man dey suffer him fit talk na condition too
Man dey suffer him no fit talk na condition
Man dey suffer him fit talk na condition too
Suffer dey Africa, pa pa ra pa
I suffer dey, pa pa ra pa
Condition dey e, pa pa ra pa
Me I no say you be African man
And we dey suffer, pa pa ra pa
Which condition you dey I don't know
The condition me I dey me I know
My condition don reach make I act
If your condition today make you shake
And you still dey not talk the way you feel
Make you open your two ears very well
To hear the truth talk me I dey talk
Listen make you dey agree for me
Every day and night you dey hear me talk
One day you self you agree with me
To dey act the way as you dey feel
Remember if you no act your own
One day of course we must die
Nigeria get the money
Foreign money for oversea
Nigeria get the money
Foreign money for oversea
Announcement start to happen
Newspaper carry them paper
Radio dey shout for studio
Obasanjo jonathan turn vocalist
Yar'Adua okonjo Iweala road manager
Every government statement
Seven billion naira missing
Missing from oversea
Foreign currency scandal
Them start to arrest everybod o

E no finish, e no finish...
Two-point-eight-billion naira
forty nine-point-five-billion dollars
Oil money is missing
Two-point-eight-billion naira
forty nine point five-billion dollars
Oil money is missing
Them set up inquiry
Them say money no lost o
Them dabaru everybody
Supervisor Obasanjo . jonathan
Them say make him no talk o
"Money no lost," them shout again
Inquiry come close o
E no finish, e no finish...
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2013
Ndu_chuks, this audit happens every year end and has nothing to do with SLS.

Thanks
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by 500GP: 10:58am On Dec 22, 2013
SANUI'S LETTER NECESSITATED THE SETTING UP OF D A-DHOC COMMITTEE.....
THE IBO N IJAW WILL NEVER UTTER THE TRUTH BECAUSE THEIR SON IS IN POWER.....

NAIRA - NEVER ALLOW IJAW(IGBO) RULE AGAIN...
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by taharqa: 11:22am On Dec 22, 2013
The 3 NEITI Sector-wide Audit Reports are from d period 2006-2011 (even though it was this Govt that did d 3 Audits where previous Govts had refused to), Whilst d now discredited Sanusi 'letter' was supposedly for d periods 2012-July 2013. Much of d bulk of d $9billion 'unremitted' fund discovered by the NEITI Audits are owned by Oil Companies like Shell, Chevron, etc (I undastad the Govt has already recovered about $2.5bn of this monies so far); Whilst, Sanusi falsely alleged that NNPC was solely responsible for d phantom $50bn 'unremitted' funds. It was this very GEJ Govt that decided to do these Audits starting from periods b4 it came to power to d 1st year of its own term (where oda previous Govts refused to conduct such open audit on d murky industry); it was this GEJ's Govt who appointed d current board of NEITI directly from d Civil Rights community and gave them almost complete access to d corrupt Oil and Mining Sector in order that NEITI's Audit firms cud do their jobs relatively unimpeded, unlike what obtained previously. In fact, the Access and Transparency as well as a fine job done by an unimpeded NEITI was such that EITI (d International body rep for Oil/Mining Transparency in d world) recognised NEITI as d BEST MINING TRANSPARENCY AGENCY in d world this year- this is after this same EITI threatened to suspend NEITI in 2010 for not conducting any meaningful Audits up to that time (ie b4 GEJ came in, appointed d new board and gave them a free hand to work). The Chair of EITI visited GEJ a few months ago, where GEJ himself announced that an Interministerial Committee to enhance d recovering of d outstanding 'unremitted' fund wud be set up soon; that is EXACTLY what d SSG just did now. This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with that Sanusi's sillly 'letter', and d fact that 'Ndu-chuks' chose to do so just goes to show how Crazzi he is.... Any attempt by d Shameless PROPAGANDISTS to not only take d Credit for this from GEJ but also turnaround to smhow blame him for it, is incredibly WICKED and wud be Resisted. At this point, Saner persons shld be asking themselves how we can all see to d logical end of this encouraging process and in fact deepen it, Not to play Kiddagarten Politics with it...
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by jpphilips(m): 11:25am On Dec 22, 2013
Jonathan's administration mentioned on the same page with accountability, I dey laugh! !

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by GentleFrank(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2013
Good !
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
SLIDE waxie: are u missing the point? What if sanusi had kept mute abt the matter, wld this have happened.

See, i wanted to vote jonathan out just for one thing: his negligence and lack of balls.

it is not enuff for these reports and others to be sitted upon, but we want real actions!

What pained me most is the negligence on ribadu's report on the subsidy thieves. A committee was set up to look into the report and the report was discarded! shocked

Imagine!

Now, if Jonathan wld pls face corruption and allowed justice to take its course even on the many mistresses in his cabinet as ministers, i will very happy to vote him in till 2032 if necessary.

He seems a good man but lack balls to act as the president!
If you had followed the Sanusi's letter's story, you will have realised that he was wrong and has started backtracking on his allegation.
This initiative hasn't got anything to do with his letter, but all to do with NEITI audit which precedes Sanusi's so called letter.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by Jenkizo: 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why can't we tell ourselves the truth just for once in this country? So many fraud has been put under the carpet by this administration. The Government has made history in setting up commitees upon committees to probe fraud but end up dumping the reports of the committees of which one of it was the involvement of Otedola in the Oil subsidy Saga. Instead of Otedola be made to face the music, Lawan Farouk was then used as the scape goat. Same Otedola is part of the Economic team headed by the cordinating Minister of Economy Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. That being said, I think we Nigerians have to give credit to Sanusi Lamido, Amaechi and OBJ for spewing the beans. No need for attaching ethnic sentiment to issues of National concern. Today is Jonathan being defended by Igbos and IJAW warriors but tomorrow it will be an Hausa Man at the presidency. We have to speak up against corruption in whatever forms it happen. This country belongs to us. This people will not dash you a penny if you support their corrupt tendencies even if they come from same ethnic line with you. The question is, has this government implemented any report of the numerous committees set up? The answer is capital NO! But we are watching and tomorrow shall tell. I believe being a Christian is not only going to Church on Sundays but to live a Christ-Like Life. We should make contributions with our conscience not turning issues upside down.

3 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by nduchucks: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
Billyonaire: Ndu_chuks, this audit happens every year end and has nothing to do with SLS.

Thanks

You missed the point completely. THE unremmited funds uncovered by previous annual audit findings, yet they remain unremitted. This committee was not set up to perform any audit but to recover unremitted funds including the one uncovered by Sanusi.
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by size38: 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nigeria and Nigerians are one funny people on Earth. After a very serious political pressure from FG, Sanusi had to retract his earlier statement of unremitted cash of $49.8 to CBN. The same way EFCC retracted and said that the Agency is no longer broke after complaining of having less than 2 million naira in its account. Whether its $10.8 million or $49.8 million dollar, money is missing. All that the FG is doing is simply what we called " Damage Control Measures". Corruption is just too high in d system.

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by taiwoliu(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
1 tin nigerians dont understand is d politics been played with our intelligence by d fg.... Whether d committee ws as a result of sls letter or any1else's, or it ws already existing, it is obvious dt corruption is highest during dis regime

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by tosan200(m): 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
I asked myself,why would sanusi write to gej about the corruption in NPC. I guess this is the result?. Kudos to SLS.
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by Slyp: 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Na today mtweeeeeew
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by confusion247(m): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: Why glorify Sanusi's inexperience instead of outright condemnation.

Don't even try to debate out your ethnocentric ignorance. Tell SLS that his apology was rejected by Nigerians.

You are not ashamed that your CBN Governor is invoking unsubstantiated figures to score political points thereby exposing his limitations.

Mallam Sanusi Lamido political letter was just showcasing why quota system should be totally abolished.

Quota system was designed to favor lazy people. Until we do away with it, progress will continue to be a mirage. I was ashamed that our central bank governor doesn't know simple addition and subtraction.
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by confusion247(m): 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You missed the point completely. THE unremmited funds uncovered by previous annual audit findings, yet they remain unremitted. This committee was not set up to perform any audit but to recover unremitted funds including the one uncovered by Sanusi.

Do you still believe on committees set up by Jonathan?
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by PureNigerian: 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
@ Ngwakwe

Why glorify Sanusi's inexperience instead of outright condemnation.
Don't even try to debate out your ethnocentric ignorance. Tell SLS that his apology was rejected by Nigerians.
You are not ashamed that your CBN Governor is invoking unsubstantiated figures to score political points thereby exposing his limitations.
Mallam Sanusi Lamido political letter was just showcasing why quota system should be totally abolished.

But Sanusi is 100 times smarter than GEJ
Re: FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues by PureNigerian: 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
Is it not the same panel/committee set up for Oduahgate.
where did that take us?
GEJ is wasting our time, this man is not serious.
Committee after committee
Panel after panel
Clan

(1) (2) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Excited As He Visits Transport Workers Union In America. Photos / Despite Growth Promise, Power Supply Averages 3,952MW / -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.