Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) (2587 Views)

Buhari, Sanusi And 4Governors Praying For Nigeria (Photos) / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) / Meet The Wives Of Governors In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by Chaleeee: 10:41am On Dec 21, 2013
Education is the best legacy any parent can bestow on their children and Nigerian children should not be an exception. Though as a developing economy, some basic needs are not negotiable. This is what led me to show to the internet community the shenenigns of several of our public office holder and their lofty media propagarion of invisible achievements.
The governor of Osun State is in the fore front of public officd holders whose achievements is only seen on billboards and pages of newspapers with no physical evidence (s) of these achievements. Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesoa has been applauded for the distribution of android tablets and other amenities that is supposed to make learning and education condusive and effective for the upcoming generation. I was on a visit to a friendin Osun State earlier in the week and secondary school students were writing their end of the term examination. The state in which these students were writing their examination can only be imagined in movies. Below are the pictures I could capture with my phone.

The questions that came to my mind after seeing this horrible state of education is this; what are the achievements of these governors if they cant provide simple desks and chairs for the upcoming generation to acquire simple basic education?
Are these the kind of schools Aregbesola's children attend?
What is the effect of all the billions they shout about on TV and newspapers?

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by Chaleeee: 10:49am On Dec 21, 2013
More pictures.

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by luckyDon1: 11:03am On Dec 21, 2013
That's must be Osun state.That school uniform looks like the one Aregboshola wore sometime ago...
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by phantom(m): 11:06am On Dec 21, 2013
funny! Someone remind me how long this man has been governor again.
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by psucc(m): 11:07am On Dec 21, 2013
Bros those pics are far better than what I saw in one Secondary School in Akwa Ibom State. It was a shame. During the rainy season, it is only the Principal's Office and staff room that is waterproof. The rest including the Library is a pool.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by asha80(m): 11:07am On Dec 21, 2013
are you sure it is osun?moreover the kids seem to be concetrating on their own work.
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by femiero: 11:07am On Dec 21, 2013
This is definitely Osun state. And the eccentric APC governor go dey shout say him dey share tablet (opon imo) when he can't even provide chair and locker for the pupils! APC na only mouth dem get. Anybody that wishes this kind of education for poor children may their children never succeed in life!!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by 1stola: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2013
brb.
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by phantom(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2013
i ll say it again..until we look beyond party lines and vote in sound and intelligent people with very good track records, we will not move forward.simple!
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by femiero: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2013
asha 80: are you sure it is osun?moreover the kids seem to be concetrating on their own work.
This is Osun state. The guv just changed thier uniform. And come to think of it, if students can be so serious in this kind of ridiculous condition, thdy will definitely do better in an improved environment
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by geeez: 11:37am On Dec 21, 2013
I know every state in this country has a bit of this

However, I must commend the OP for bringing this up

One of the ways we can hold those in government accountable is through the use of social media

Ogbeni, over to you to address this

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by omenka(m): 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
This is so so sickening. We come here to bicker and brawl every other day, yet we all have a common foe: the occupants of Aso Villa and the various state govt houses. Something really has to give for us to start recording true progress.

I'm so touched by these pics. cry

1 Like

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by c0llynz02: 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
This is more like, the state of secondary schools in the south west.
These are the kind of pics APC scoundrels will never show us.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by omenka(m): 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
c0llynz02: This is more like, the state of secondary schools in the south west.

You are truly disgusting!
This has got nothing to do with zones. It is thesame situation all across the country!!!

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by BOLASB(m): 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ameen Yah Allah.
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by BOLASB(m): 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
femiero: This is definitely Osun state. And the eccentric APC governor go dey shout say him dey share tablet (opon imo) when he can't even provide chair and locker for the pupils! APC na only mouth dem get. Anybody that wishes this kind of education for poor children may their children never succeed in life!!!! shocked

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
geeez: I know every state in this country has a bit of this

However, I must commend the OP for bringing this up

One of the ways we can hold those in government accountable is through the use of social media

Ogbeni, over to you to address this

And I saw him at the airport four days ago dorning one expensive agbada....And sorry,nothing like this in my belove home state, Anambra. Time will tell which governor is actually working. May God keep us all alive. All of you people badmouthing Obi will swallow ur own words.
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by musiwa112: 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
and you say your governors are working.. this is where your children are going to go to.. that why i dont live there any more..

they have to break up nigeria

1 Like

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by Onlytruth(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Innocent kids toiling away at school work while their governor galivants around looking to export thuggery to Anambra state. Thank God his thugs were stopped and jailed at Owerri.
Useless man.
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by asha80(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
musiwa112: and you say your governors are working.. this is where your children are going to go to.. that why i dont live there any more..

grin
musiwa112: and you say your governors are working.. this is where your children are going to go to.. that why i dont live there any more..

Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by oilykid(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
osun,eko ni gbaje grin grin
aregbe is wrking n haters are whinin
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by slimfit1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thanks to the person that took this picture God bless you.
Re: The State Of Secondary School Education In Nigeria. (photos) by MCMLXXVI(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
femiero:
This is definitely Osun state. And the eccentric APC governor go dey shout say him dey share tablet (opon imo) when he can't even provide chair and locker for the pupils! APC na only mouth dem get. Anybody that wishes this kind of education for poor children may their children never succeed in life!!!! shocked

grin

(1) (Reply)

Foreigners Funding Boko Haram, Ihejirika Confirms / List Of 30 Boko Haram Commanders / Ekiti Court Closure: APC Propaganda Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.