Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. (698 Views)

Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / 10 Things Your Mother Never Told You… Warning! This Will Leave You In Tears! / My Mother Wants To Take My Son... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. by rodeo0070(m): 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
Parenting is never an easy job. Parents always try their best to raise their child and hope their child will take their advice to be a good and successful person. Here are some of the things probably what every mother wants her children to know about.

1. Just Wait it out - Patience is a virtue. When facing an impossible task/decision, sleep on it.
2. When you marry, you marry a family. Make sure it’s a good one:
With marriage, you don’t just get the person you marry. But his/her morals, habits, values, genetics, culture, language and anything at home that contributed to their upbringing (the good & the not-so-good). Inclusive of all this, you gain new family members – you want to make sure that you are aware & accepting of the entire package when you have kids, you’ll truly understand what it’s like to love someone more than yourself.
3. You are not Old! You’re a 9 year old Adult (on my 30th birthday – This is more of a statement than advice, but it changed my outlook).
4. Whatever it is that you want to do, Do it now. - Worrying is not doing. Just Start.
5. Keep Receipts, Documents and everything. You never know when you may need it. Take Photos, even if you think you don’t look good. It will pass & you will have saved a memory.
6. Cook - so you can feed yourself, stay healthy, save money & entertain others. Eat like royalty but dress modestly.
7. Say No to Credit. Debt ties you down. Learn to budget.
8. Don’t tell others your plans. - A few reasons are:
- Sometimes, sharing with others can hamper/change your plans. Opinions affect decisions.
- There’s an element of satisfaction that comes from sharing with others that may delay you from taking further action, as you already feel good.
- Not all people have your best interest at heart, this is only natural. They can potentially hurt you with the information you volunteer. (This is why many people in my life until today prefer not to join Social sites like FB, foursquare etc..)

9. Don’t judge a person based on a single action. People are more complex than that. Anyone can have a bad day. It’s not always about you. Learn to listen.
10. The World doesn’t ‘owe’ You. You are not entitled to anything. You want something, work for it. Then work some more.
11. Happiness is a choice you make everyday not an outcome. Choose to be happy and love yourself, so that others can love you. Avoid negative people.
12. Travel, Teach, Volunteer, Read (a lot), try new things and make mistakes while you are young - it will help you mature and keep you humble.
13. Don’t hold grudges. It’s hard but if you want to succeed you cannot hold grudges. Let it go. Harbor compassion instead.

CULLED FROM: Lifehack...

Re: 13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. by CHIMSKY(m): 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
The one thing I wish women would learn is that
'Tbe world does not owe you'So many women go about with this feeling of entitlement.
Re: 13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
No 6 is very important esp for those men that marry wives because of food. Pls, learn to cook cheesy

No 3 for women that are desperate and falls in wrong hands. Old age is a blessing. Learn to enjoy it! Not all your mates are alive.
Re: 13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
We all learnt everything from mom.as per food,if you come to our house sef when the house was still full and we were together,you go eat taya.if food be your problem,them go cook for you taya,when you see food,na you go see food say na fruit you want.that was the way my mom checked those guys in the house that seemed gluttonous.you like food ba,you go eat am taya till the smell of food irritate you
Re: 13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. by tpia5: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
the best advice a mother can give her child is never assume you have no enemies.
Re: 13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. by Yemlizzy(f): 4:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
Patience is really an essential virtue and its so indispensable. It takes a patient wife or mother to go all the way with lot of upheavals.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ADULT EDUCATION HOME TUTORS / A Way To Curb Ebola. / Sisters Arrested For Smuggling Marijuana To Detained Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.