Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,254 members, 7,839,305 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu (584 Views)

Man, 27, Remanded For Biting Off Police Officer’s Ear / Police Arrests Two Sisters For Kidnapping, Rescues Three Kids (photo) / 18-yr-old Apprentice Remanded For Raping Neighbour’s 4-yr-old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by oduaboy1: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
An Enugu Magistrates’ Court has remanded two persons, Chukwuebuka Omeje, 28, and Uchenna Ogbuagu, 32, of Nsukka Local Government Area in prison custody for alleged conspiracy, kidnapping and robbery.
The accused persons and another at large were alleged to have conspired and kidnapped one Dinacus Egbuna while armed with guns.
They were also alleged to have stolen one Toyota car valued at N1m, one Techno handset worth N32, 000 and also snatched N500, 000 cash from Helen, Egbuagu’s wife, at gunpoint.
Both are facing a two-count charge of robbery and kidnapping.
The prosecutor, Mr. Cajethan Ugwu, told the court that the matter was reported to the state Criminal Investigation Department on July 29, 2013.
Ugwu said the offences were punishable under the armed robbery and the criminal laws of the state.
He called four witnesses to testify in the matter.
The Magistrate, Mrs. Victoria Okoye, said the witnesses should testify at the high court where the case would be mentioned.
Okoye ordered that the witnesses would pay N100, 000 each if they failed to appear at the high court.
She transferred the matter to the state high court, saying that the matter was outside the jurisdiction of the magistrates’ court.
She, however, remanded the two accused in prison and adjourned the matter indefinitely
http://www.punchng.com/feature/court-vibes/two-remanded-for-kidnap-robbery/
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by Tolexander: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thank God they are reduced by two!

May they rot in prison!
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by oduaboy1: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
Enugu is living up to it's tag as the crime capital of Nigeria

Kudos to the police force.The number of kidnappers in enugu has just been reduced by two.#Good news
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by slimthugchimee(m): 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Is this making it
making what
frontpage
yes
ok booked

back to the topic
good for them
i dont understand why u guys call enugu the crime capital of naija if its true then naija is a safe place cause i live in enugu and this place is peacefull
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by oduaboy1: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
slimthugchimee: Is this making it
making what
frontpage
yes
ok booked

back to the topic
good for them
i dont understand why u guys call enugu the crime capital of naija if its true then naija is a safe place cause i live in enugu and this place is peacefull
Enugu is danger.......Dont sleep with your two eyes closed,you may be the next victimcheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by slimthugchimee(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
slimthugchimee: Is this making it
making what
frontpage
yes
ok booked

back to the topic
good for them
i live in enugu and this place is peacefull
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by slimthugchimee(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
odua boy: Enugu is danger.......Dont sleep with your two eyes closed,you may be the next victimcheesycheesycheesycheesy
abi nah you put am in danger abeg which tribe you come from
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by oduaboy1: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
slimthugchimee: abi nah you put am in danger abeg which tribe you come from
See my username.
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
odua boy: Enugu is living up to it's tag as the crime capital of Nigeria

Kudos to the police force.The number of kidnappers in enugu has just been reduced by two.#Good news
Honestly, I gave up on e fights months ago, I was notorious.
Dont make me start again.
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by slimthugchimee(m): 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
I taught as much only yoruba person fit talk like that
Re: Two Remanded For Kidnapping In Enugu by oduaboy1: 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
Vessi: Honestly, I gave up on e fights months ago, I was notorious.
Dont make me start again.
Why are you getting worked up,,,,,isn't enugu the crime capital of Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa / South Africa Goalkeeper Shot Dead (photo) / Mother Of Two Strangles Landlady To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.