Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (21561 Views)

Armed Troops Invade And Occupy Venue Of Proposed MEND Meeting / Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

Am sorry if you feel that way....however, from antecedent in this community...majority of the people that supports NOI and her other non-performing officials from the East are Ibos.

I have no apology for that.

however, from antecedent in this community...majority of the people that supports Tinubu, and his other corrupt politicians from the West are Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by drnoel: 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
rasojie:
Each time i see comments like these from fellow nigerians, i am always close to tears. Why do we refuse to see the light? I never knew occupy nigeria existed till i saw this topic and They are saying nothing but the truth. Nigerians are suffering, they are taking false alcolades for job not done. Where is the Development? Where is the growth, Okonjo may have kept quiet, but deep down her heart i know she feels what they are talking about.
Nothing is working in Nigeria, nothing! Although comments do not translates to actions but we are simply putting the future of our Children at risk . Drop all these sentiments
We need change
A lot being said, a little being done
Quote me or say anything you like but i have satisfied my conscience this morning. I weep for my country
fine u said without sentiments, but its at ur own comments that I shed tears cos u miss the point and u wet ahead to go backing the wrong horse. Now thats very Nigerians of u. Why point fingers at the very wrong person, is it cos others are doing so thenu feel justified to also follow them. Accept it for urself, what has the minister to do with Nigerians suffering. She is just doing her job and will the the presidency her own frank advice. Its the presidency anfd the governors u should face when u want to tackle how people are suffering.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by drnoel: 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
rasojie:
Each time i see comments like these from fellow nigerians, i am always close to tears. Why do we refuse to see the light? I never knew occupy nigeria existed till i saw this topic and They are saying nothing but the truth. Nigerians are suffering, they are taking false alcolades for job not done. Where is the Development? Where is the growth, Okonjo may have kept quiet, but deep down her heart i know she feels what they are talking about.
Nothing is working in Nigeria, nothing! Although comments do not translates to actions but we are simply putting the future of our Children at risk . Drop all these sentiments
We need change
A lot being said, a little being done
Quote me or say anything you like but i have satisfied my conscience this morning. I weep for my country
fine u said without sentiments, but its at ur own comments that I shed tears cos u miss the point and u wet ahead to go backing the wrong horse. Now thats very Nigerians of u. Why point fingers at the very wrong person, is it cos others are doing so thenu feel justified to also follow them. Accept it for urself, what has the minister to do with Nigerians suffering. She is just doing her job and will the the presidency her own frank advice. Its the presidency anfd the governors u should face when u want to tackle how people are suffering.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Boss13: 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

@bolded, what corporation do you work for? With your level of intelligence and knowledge on how things can be made to work, the company you work for should be competing with Fortune 500 or FTSE 100 companies otherwise you are a failure like Okonjo. You should also be the CEO otherwise you have failed like Iweala.

Let me address you finally as I can see your emotions are getting the best out of you.

I work in a Nigerian Bank and if you do read ThisDay Newspaper we grace the second or third full page print and also on BusinessDay Newspaper (I guess you should be smart enough to figure out). Strategically, the Bank is doing well for itself and posting profits.

Overall, we do not do enough for mSME because one cannot trust the creditworthiness of the average Nigerian. Many Nigerians in business who needs funds do not understanding the funding needs of their business, nor do they match funds properly. Some of these business do not have strong accounting policies and practices. Also, many mSME require longer gestation periods and every management (even in Fortune 100 corporations) are short term oriented.

However, the trend is changing - thanks to CBN and the urge to tap into the retail end of the economy. To our retail customers, the interest rates are so high (not our fault but MPR committee).

No I am not a failure like NOI. Though I don't manage an economy but as a team lead for my small team we are really doing good.

I will be a CEO (not a wish). My goal is to prove that a small business can go public against all odds. I also consult part time for businesses and my customers and that's because I understand the nitty-gritty. Thanks to my banking experience and education (home and abroad). So be very careful to engage with me on business stuffs. I don't like traders (no offense) because they do not add value to the value chain. They are middle men to me (collect and deliver - smile with mark ups).

I still remain humble and will critique objectively. Unlike you, I will not care less about the overall well being of the economy even though I may feel comfortable about my welfare because a stupid govt can make adverse policies that can change the situation of things.

I have broken down myself. Can you do the same for you? I know you can't
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Ngwakwe: 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
You can't understand, I was an Automation/Instrumentation Engineer in Michelin Port-Harcourt who should have gone to France to master the Modification of the PhaseII Factory, only to hear that the Company can no longer compete and needed to pack up because of a single Government Policy.

Thank goodness I switch to another place but no more intermittent overseas training for six to twelve months.

ilugunboy:

grin grin grin grin grin Shebi na you! No surprise.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by ogunniyi42(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
solomon111: Shut up and stop displaying your ignorance.
NOI was the most qualified both on paper and in real life experience as attested to by both the american govt and media.
You think she would've had any chance if she was anything but.
I wonder why she is still stressing herself in an ungrateful,complicated nation like Nigeria instead of just taking up an easier job at the world bank with probably better pay.
So happy you are wondering she makes nigeria a second thought to express her woeful act #paper statistic No development #wake from your slumber my guy Naija o ni Baje
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by mekaboy(m): 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
capricon:

Mr man she has done her part very very well as acknowledged by all indices both locally and internationally. The problem is ur elected officials are not doing their part to transmit. these economic gains to their constituency

Pls tell me what the people you elected did for your constituency to improve their living standards

Don't mind do fools pointing fingers at the finance minister expecting her to bring food to their tables. This is how senator chris ngige of anambra state spent over 300mill to build executive toilets. How will they feel the impact of what she is doing when they don't hold their governors and senators accountable.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by NumberOne2(m): 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nigerians and their usual complaining attitude but profer NO tangible solution.
Why should this "Occupy Nigeria" attack her so much. She has feelings you know. She has families and kids.

If Madam advices the Senate and Presidency on ways to spend money and cut expenses but they choose to do otherwise for their selfish interest, is it her fault?

I challenge any of these "Occupy Nigeria" members who think he/she can do a better job to run for elections and see if they can even win Local Government Chairman in their own village.

Or better yet, let us see your achievement in your locality or where you live.
What are your community development initiatives? Can your immediate family boast of your achievements?
You CANNOT give what you dont have. It is easy to jump on the computer and talk rubbish. Freedom of speech is not licence for stupidity.

Criticism is good, but to profer possible solutions is better. It is the part of thinking of solutions that most Nigerians shy away from cos lets face it, THINKING is a lot of work but complaining is FUN. Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Boss13: 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Your reference to me as a 'trader' shows you are a local economist And your reference to 'Chinese/Indian manufacturers' show you lack international exposure. Are you talking about the same Chinese and Indian manufacturers that produce more than 90% of goods consumed in the western world? The difference between you and me is that while I am an employer of labour, you are an employee. At least, I have taken people off the labour market, my employees have their PAYE deducted and remitted to the government and my business pays corporation tax as well. I wonder what use you are to the country.

I am typing from my phone and it is not convenient fir me to give you a proper response. I shall get back to you.

Keep your emotions in check. An attribute of leadership is to discern logically. Though I suspect you being an employer of labour (you use the term loosely). Go to Financial times, and if you have paid your subscription - type employer of labour. I guess you would drop the term. For me you are self employed.

Yes I am an employee. I am happy with that and the experience is invaluable. Would help me a lot when I decide to float a company.

Mr. Sunny you are of no value to the country. Infact you are worse off. You buy and sell that's what you do (A trader). You make the demand for dollar increase and that devalue our naira. You are the reason Sanusi has refused to reduce to drop the interest rate because the only innovation you think of is to collect money, remit to your manufacturers, get products and sell to your consumers. You do not understand supply chain management, production line-ups and set-ups, quality control checks, value chain management. You might even be responsible for infiltrating our market with fake drugs.

Now Mr. Sunny - what form do you feel for your employees when you want to do their PAYE remittance and what are the content inside the form? What is the current corporate tax rate and when do you remit corporation tax? These are the kind of question we ask people like you who claim to be providing jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Let me address you finally as I can see your emotions are getting the best out of you.

I work in a Nigerian Bank and if you do read ThisDay Newspaper we grace the second or third full page print and also on BusinessDay Newspaper (I guess you should be smart enough to figure out). Strategically, the Bank is doing well for itself and posting profits.

Overall, we do not do enough for mSME because one cannot trust the creditworthiness of the average Nigerian. Many Nigerians in business who needs funds do not understanding the funding needs of their business, nor do they match funds properly. Some of these business do not have strong accounting policies and practices. Also, many mSME require longer gestation periods and every management (even in Fortune 100 corporations) are short term oriented.

However, the trend is changing - thanks to CBN and the urge to tap into the retail end of the economy. To our retail customers, the interest rates are so high (not our fault but MPR committee).

No I am not a failure like NOI. Though I don't manage an economy but as a team lead for my small team we are really doing good.

I will be a CEO (not a wish). My goal is to prove that a small business can go public against all odds. I also consult part time for businesses and my customers and that's because I understand the nitty-gritty. Thanks to my banking experience and education (home and abroad). So be very careful to engage with me on business stuffs. I don't like traders (no offense) because they do not add value to the value chain. They are middle men to me (collect and deliver - smile with mark ups).

I still remain humble and will critique objectively. Unlike you, I will not care less about the overall well being of the economy even though I may feel comfortable about my welfare because a stupid govt can make adverse policies that can change the situation of things.

I have broken down myself. Can you do the same for you? I know you can't

A greater part of what you wrote above is an indictment on yourself and the organization you work for. You claim to be doing well as a banker and yet you admit you are not doing the basic thing you were licensed to do that would stimulate the economy.

Your declaration of profit reminds me of Oceanic banks declaration of profit and bank PHB's "one day cars will run on water" advert.

You confess you do not do enough for SMEs, and yet you hate traders. What value are you then adding to the Nigerian economy? What do you do then as a banker? Oh I forgot Nigerian banks only round trip.

You talk of being a business consultant, lol! No be today I begin see Naija bankers who claim business consultancy. They come to tell you all loads of economic text book crisis that are not practical thinking they are offering business advice.

Nigerian banks and bankers are wack for all I care. The only business I do with Nigerian banks is depositing and withdrawing money.

The only Nigerian bank that seems to be involved with the SMEs is Diamond and we the shareholders are smiling for that.

Yes bro, I'm a self employed business man with an MBA from a mid level UK university but I know what is applicable in Nigeria and what is not. Text book economics is different from what you face in the jungle wether you are manufacturing, importing or distributing.

I've had some friends line you resign to get into the jungle and get burnt beyond recognition.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Kachi188(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
The same Occupy Nigeria that deceived Nigerians into protesting the removal of subsidy to serve the interests of the subsidy cabal.
Nigerians need to wake up because we are still dreaming. The govt has put our infrastructural deficit at 50trillion, do you know how many years budget we will need to cover up this deficit created by this same failed leaders who are now trying to pass themselves as saviours.
You cannot have government subsidize petrol heavily and still be able to meet the infrastructural development we desire, WITH OR WITHOUT CORRUPTION. We are a country of over 160m people. No reasonable investor will build a refinery when gov't keeps on paying for subsidy. They will always run into great loss.
We cannot continue importing rice when we can produce it locally. No farmer will want to compete against cheap imported asian rice. The best way to encourage local production is to restrict the importation of rice. This will mean a short-term increase in the price of rice, but if we can endure this pain and get our local production to meet local consumption, and even get to export level, competition will surely crash the prices of rice. Imagine the jobs and food security that will give us.
We have an extensive coastline and we can rear most type of fishes we consume, we have no business importing fishes. The present ban is to encourage local production. We really have no business helping other countries create jobs for their people rearing fishes for us to consume when we can do it here and create lots of jobs for our people.
The cup is either half full or half empty depending on your perception. If you follow only online reports about Nigeria, you will be decieved into thinking all was perfect and then GEJ came and destroyed everything. Nobody remembers the floods that washed out most farmlands in the middle belt and south. How was this supposedly inept government able to manage that disaster so that it didn't degenerate into a chronic food scarcity across the nation.
Or the transparent way our power assets were privatized, hailed both locally and internationally as transparent. Government cannot provide the funds we need to provide the kind of power needed to drive manufacturing and other high employing sectors. We need private sector funds, and they will not invest a dime until Government hands off that sector. No private company can compete with Government and survive.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by seangy4konji: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nigeria has failed and i have known that no be today...a third world country...
Kachi188: The same Occupy Nigeria that deceived Nigerians into protesting the removal of subsidy to serve the interests of the subsidy cabal.
Nigerians need to wake up because we are still dreaming. The govt has put our infrastructural deficit at 50trillion, do you know how many years budget we will need to cover up this deficit created by this same failed leaders who are now trying to pass themselves as saviours.
You cannot have government subsidize petrol heavily and still be able to meet the infrastructural development we desire, WITH OR WITHOUT CORRUPTION. We are a country of over 160m people. No reasonable investor will build a refinery when gov't keeps on paying for subsidy. They will always run into great loss.
We cannot continue importing rice when we can produce it locally. No farmer will want to compete against cheap imported asian rice. The best way to encourage local production is to restrict the importation of rice. This will mean a short-term increase in the price of rice, but if we can endure this pain and get our local production to meet local consumption, and even get to export level, competition will surely crash the prices of rice. Imagine the jobs and food security that will give us.
We have an extensive coastline and we can rear most type of fishes we consume, we have no business importing fishes. The present ban is to encourage local production. We really have no business helping other countries create jobs for their people rearing fishes for us to consume when we can do it here and create lots of jobs for our people.
The cup is either half full or half empty depending on your perception. If you follow only online reports about Nigeria, you will be decieved into thinking all was perfect and then GEJ came and destroyed everything. Nobody remembers the floods that washed out most farmlands in the middle belt and south. How was this supposedly inept government able to manage that disaster so that it didn't degenerate into a chronic food scarcity across the nation.
Or the transparent way our power assets were privatized, hailed both locally and internationally as transparent. Government cannot provide the funds we need to provide the kind of power needed to drive manufacturing and other high employing sectors. We need private sector funds, and they will not invest a dime until Government hands off that sector. No private company can compete with Government and survive.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Keep your emotions in check. An attribute of leadership is to discern logically. Though I suspect you being an employer of labour (you use the term loosely). Go to Financial times, and if you have paid your subscription - type employer of labour. I guess you would drop the term. For me you are self employed.

Yes I am an employee. I am happy with that and the experience is invaluable. Would help me a lot when I decide to float a company.

Mr. Sunny you are of no value to the country. Infact you are worse off. You buy and sell that's what you do (A trader). You make the demand for dollar increase and that devalue our naira. You are the reason Sanusi has refused to reduce to drop the interest rate because the only innovation you think of is to collect money, remit to your manufacturers, get products and sell to your consumers. You do not understand supply chain management, production line-ups and set-ups, quality control checks, value chain management. You might even be responsible for infiltrating our market with fake drugs.

Now Mr. Sunny - what form do you feel for your employees when you want to do their PAYE remittance and what are the content inside the form? What is the current corporate tax rate and when do you remit corporation tax? These are the kind of question we ask people like you who claim to be providing jobs.

Dude, I can't remember telling you I'm a trader. Yes, I could be but you don't have to assume. If I deal on what Nigeria hasn't got any comparative advantage in, why shouldn't I import. Mind you, not all pharmaceuticals are imported. Some are on the import prohibition list and for those products, we manufacture locally. These include but not limited to Paracetamol tablets, metronidazole tablets etc.

I pay corporation tax of 30% and 2% education tax. The form filled for my employees' PAYEE is Form 'A' (Not too sure though cos the accounts department handles this).
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by bappahman: 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
APC BBM Channel C00462FB9
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by delors(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
Saw this **sh on twitter and was wondering what the heck! I guess she mis-tweeted at some point and then it back-fired!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by chynes(f): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
@Sunny_bobo & @boss13. I have been following your arguments with keen interest. Your opposing views should form the basis of intellectual discuss undertaken with mutual respect. @ boss13..you were too dismissive of sunny's credentials. @sunny, you on the other hand painted a little too rosy picture which I believe drew the ire of @boss13. However, you are both entitled to your opinions. But I wish both of you can see the merits of each other's argument and include that in ur subsequent analysis. No name calligs. Just pure give and take.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by abdurrazaq(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
swezenberg: Seed how tribalism has blinded the eyes of many Nigerians to the point that their grand mothers and fathers regret ever producing their parents.

Tell me one thing this government has done that deserves to be applauded.
embarassed
swezenberg: Seed how tribalism has blinded the eyes of many Nigerians to the point that their grand mothers and fathers regret ever producing their parents.

Tell me one thing this government has done that deserves to be applauded.
Cassava bread I guess! Being in this country is worse than being trapped in ‘one chance‘
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by djfaithy: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

You've made reference to the pepper seller and how much he has to buy a bag of rice but you have failed to tell us how much the rice seller pays for a kilo of pepper bought from the pepper seller.

You talked of me using my condition to judge others, you are wrong there. If you read my previous posts, you would have noticed that I made reference to the living condition of people from the same village as me.

I say it again that the level of poverty in Nigeria is unacceptable but more people are getting out of poverty now than pre 1999.

People forget that NOI has only been the coordinating minister for the economy for about 2 years now and they expect her to clear the mess left behind by decades of ineptitude by dying a magic want under 27 months.
. What was the population of Nigeria in 1998-1999, what's the population of Nigeria now ??, cuz I still don't know how you are able to monitor the whole Nigeria from your village to know more people are out of poverty, anyway u are what u are.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Olugbenger(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ilugunboy. . . grin grin

I salute your work on this thread.

cool

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by djfaithy: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

He who doesn't know where the rain started falling on him would not know where to take shelter. You do not know the origin of my discussion with op. You may do yourself some good by reading from the first page so you can understand better.
whatever
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by djfaithy: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

No Mr. Sunny I do not write rubbish but the reality of the Nigerian economy because that's what pays my bills. Collectively, SMEs are the larger employers of Labour (in a sane economy). In Nigeria what do you have? Do we have a thriving SME? It has been estimated that an average start-up biz dies within 2 - 5 yrs. A thriving SME is the responsibility of the govt. How many mSME (micro, small and medium enterprise) can strategically move from that position to Public limited company (name them in this country).

Now you answer your own question. Has the govt implemented policies that ensure we have a robust mSME? Certainly not.

My above reply should answer your question here. I follow the rates judiciously. Na wetin dey pay my bills. Mr. Sunny I don't insult people. Even though I know that historically, the interest rate in the country has never been better. I also know the reason why it has never been better and what can be done for it to be better. So don't question my intelligence but do something about yours.

Honestly, I studied economics, accounting, finance, financial management and business strategies. However, I do not quote from textbooks but just say what things should be and if I do quote from textbooks you would be bored to read.

Mr Sunny I do not come nairaland to brag (referring to your taking bullets practically). I can assume you know nothing about business maybe you may be referring to trading (buying at a price and selling at another price with a mark-up which you claim to be your profit).
lol
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by djfaithy: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

The comment above really shows your level of exposure. I give up on you!
. And your response shows how emotional you can get on issues that doesn't put food on your table, if you had watch closely, you will realize I used the word "KINDA" except if you do not know what it means and when it can be used, WTF ?, you gave up on me .......how does that stop me scattering kumasi with latest jamz on 24th ??,....clown.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by djfaithy: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

The comment above really shows your level of exposure. I give up on you!
. And your response shows how emotional you can get on issues that doesn't put food on your table, if you had watch closely, you will realize I used the word "KINDA" except if you do not know what it means and when it can be used, WTF ?, you gave up on me .......how does that stop me from scattering kumasi with latest jamz on 24th ??,....clown.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Boss13: 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Dude, I can't remember telling you I'm a trader. Yes, I could be but you don't have to assume. If I deal on what Nigeria hasn't got any comparative advantage in, why shouldn't I import. Mind you, not all pharmaceuticals are imported. Some are on the import prohibition list and for those products, we manufacture locally. These include but not limited to Paracetamol tablets, metronidazole tablets etc.

I pay corporation tax of 30% and 2% education tax. The form filled for my employees' PAYEE is Form 'A' (Not too sure though cos the accounts department handles this).

Mr. Sunny Bobo you are a trader of pharmaceutical products I can even see it from your corporation tax of 30%. Manufacturers and Corps that exports pays 20%. Do you get Capital Allowance? Again, as a CEO you must know how your expenditure arises and that includes all remittances to govt (Corporate Tax, Education Tax, PAYE, Capital Gain Tax, VAT, Stamp Duties etc). When you don't know this, it only increases my suspicion (FYI based on tax assessment of 2012/2013 PAYE, first N300,000 is 7%, the next N300,000 is 11%, next N500,000 is 15%, next N500,000 is 19% e.t.c). Again, as CEO it is your sole responsibility to prepare the PAYE for your employees, though this duty is delegated but where you fail, you as a director and other directors will be held liable. Also, your account department cannot file for tax returns, you must go through a tax consultant(s).

Furthermore, I requested for what date Corps remit tax returns. You did not respond.

So Mister, you can see how I am opening you open. Be very careful to engage me further before I dissect you to reveal that you are not even the owner of the business you are working in. Maybe it is owned by a family relation. Coming to nairaland to brag.

You better come for consultancy services make I help you grow your trading business. Sometimes some people think nairaland is predominantly teenagers and students that they can deceive.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Kingspin(m): 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Occupy Nigeria Group should go and occupy their brains with relevant things to stabilize the nation for now they're irrelevant to the plight of Nigeria populace. They should spare us from the new party diseases spreading through the media network as faster than light. We'r not interesting in bias report from puppet group. Even APC know that the nought aboki that insulted himself thinking it the minister was at fault to the ground. Thats why all this while APC has remain 100% mute becos if it were to be the other way round by now their media houses, and APC leaders mouth would have be very busy. Bunch of extremist hungry for only power and oil money)
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by boboLIL(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
e no kwocern me joo
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Boss13: 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
chynes: @Sunny_bobo & @boss13. I have been following your arguments with keen interest. Your opposing views should form the basis of intellectual discuss undertaken with mutual respect. @ boss13..you were too dismissive of sunny's credentials. @sunny, you on the other hand painted a little too rosy picture which I believe drew the ire of @boss13. However, you are both entitled to your opinions. But I wish both of you can see the merits of each other's argument and include that in ur subsequent analysis. No name calligs. Just pure give and take.

His argument makes me suspicious. My intent is not to insult him but to draw his attention towards the brag ado of being an employer of labour (the term he knows little of). I see and read comments from the group of his kind. I also engage with them in reality and honestly many of them don't know what they are doing. To me they are all self employed.

I have opened myself up in humility on what I do and the weaknesses from the Nigeria bank perspective. Mr. Sunny is yet to do likewise. However, his discussion and argument with me so far has revealed that he is a trader (he truly does not want to admit) and presumably he does not own the business he is bragging with. Mr. Sunny Bobo interest is in the mark-up on his goods (suming them up on a yearly basis will make up his profit earned for the year after deducting all expenditures) and no value added to either his goods or the economy. He is just a middle man, a delivery channel to the end use consumer.

To say the truth, their activities is hurting our economy. Though, the govt should share in the blame too. He talked about innovation, I smile because his activity has no innovation involved (the little they can do is inform their foreign manufacturer to repackage the products). I will be happy to do business with the likes of Jumia and Konga because that's innovation in online retailing business.

My dear, business is what I know and business, macro & microeconomies analysis is what I do regularly (I wish not to brag) and when I see what NOI is doing I shake my head in negation.

I have been judicious enough to ask him some salient questions which affects all businesses in this country. Would he be honest enough to answer them. In my sincere opinion, I pray he doesn't because it would only reveal more ignorance and he may never use the moniker Sunny Bobo again based on my fellow up argument.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jahsharon: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
ace1: To those attacking NOI, i have one question for you;

Who do you blame when a science student in one of the public secondary schools in one of the LGA of Ondo state doesn't know how to solve the quadratic equation? is it:
1) The student
2)The school maths teacher,
3) The school Principal
4) The state commissioner of education
5) The minister of education

Blame my grandmother. lipsrsealed
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
bappahman: APC BBM Channel C00462FB9

I will join the channel....when channel and audio finally comes to iPhone...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by confusion247(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
drnoel:
maturity to the highest extend like that can only come from a professional and NOI is definitely one. I respect her so much and remove my cap for her. @ occupy Nigeria, get a life or occupy something else os madam NOI is too matured 4 ur childishnes. Better still, if u are looking 4 response 4rm people go and face FFK, OBJ or tinubu that are currently jobless and would give u the audience u are looking 4
You forgot to mention twitter parrot el-rufai.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by confusion247(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
seangy4konji: Nigeria has failed and i have known that no be today...a third world country...
Hypocritical One Nigeria can't be redeemed.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Pukkah: 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
The pressure may be getting to this woman.

She claimed that she had not been sleeping well for about a week.

This response may be a betrayal of her feelings and inner turmoil.

I just hope that she doesn't look for an opportunity to leave the job very soon. She could 'get a job or an appointment' with a global body or international agency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Explosion Hits Agip Pipeline In Bayelsa / Maina: Who Is Lying, Minister Or Head Of Service, Buhari Decides / Geraldine Obinali: Imo Revokes 49 Plots Of Land Belonging To Okorocha’s Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.