Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread - Education (855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread (1027798 Views)

Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 30, 2014
Old student don dey rush enter thread.

Online clearance to start december. But am going to advice you to wait tll january becos that's when physical clearance will start so you will b able to do your online clearance in school.
NOTE- don't try to do your online clearance in your town/city cos of irregularity

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by einspiration: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2014
It's no news that students in various faculty e.g Engineering,Life Sciences,Pharmacy,Education etc. have concluded their exams except for some few dept that have their exams postponed due to the incidence at Ekosodin on Friday,21st November. Student's have started vacating their hall of residence(Hall1,2,3,4,5 and keystone hostel) all thanks to S.U.G director of welfare that provided buses going to lagos at a subsidized rate of #1,800. 100L Engineering students going to 200L are to wait behind together wit 200L Engineering D.E student for the PRE-UBITS programme which starts DECEMBER 8 And end DECEMBER 22. 200L Faculty of EDUCATION student going to 300L are to wait behind for their T.P(Teaching Pratice) and all New graduands are to wait for the defence and completion of their projects...All Newly admitted students are expected to get their documents ready on or before 10th,JANUARY 2015.As clearance start on the 11th,January 2015. Requirements for the clearance will be listed on uniben kofa page. Kindly access this page regularly.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Bobbyzain(m): 10:57am On Nov 30, 2014
Doctor21:
it all depends on d clearance officer. Some accept affidavit for name correction while others don't.
ok thanks.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by slimedge(m): 11:44am On Nov 30, 2014
idiosyncrasy:
let's wait and see what they r going to come up with
...Abi,our fingers are crossed.They had better come up with something b4 boys go on rampage o...lol
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by slimedge(m): 11:47am On Nov 30, 2014
Zellie:
I have no idea, even Private Schools don't pay that much
...It baffles me mehn... sad
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Bobbyzain(m): 11:49am On Nov 30, 2014
we know this already because the calendar already said we come into campus on january 10 which means thats when we start physical clearance.what we want is the date for online clearance.but as u said we just have to keep checking.
einspiration:

It's no news that students in various faculty e.g Engineering,Life Sciences,Pharmacy,Education etc. have concluded their exams except for some few dept that have their exams postponed due to the incidence at Ekosodin on Friday,21st November. Student's have started vacating their hall of residence(Hall1,2,3,4,5 and keystone hostel) all thanks to S.U.G director of welfare that provided buses going to lagos at a subsidized rate of #1,800.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by slimedge(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lexoma:
yup...but what can we do other than to pay it
...We've got to draw people's attention to this unwelcomed and enormous acceptance fees...let's keep expressing our grievances until it gets to the people in authority...It's a federal sch and its acceptance fee should be of thesame rate with others of its kind...
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by PietroRico(m): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimedge:
...We've got to draw people's attention to this unwelcomed and enormous acceptance fees...let's keep expressing our grievances until it gets to the people in authority...It's a federal sch and its acceptance fee should be of thesame rate with others of its kind...
lol. I like that spirit grin
We need more nigerians like you.grin

However, Before u go all adams oshiomole (when he was NLC president grin) on uniben try and look up the breakdown of uniben's acceptance fee and compare it properly with those of the other universities u aree talking about.

Acceptance fee is an aggregation of several fees.

Here's uniben's breakdown
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1904554_zzzzzzzjrhggfzzzz_jpegad0068b743067631083a3659ab88167d
I think u'll find that on kofa if u cannot see the image clearly.

so, maybe other schools' acceptance isn't that big because the separated some of those fees and then make you pay it in a different form.

I DON'T KNOW.

Summary of everything; try to understand what's happening before u begin to cry fowl. grin.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by odizeey(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
you ppl now have admission,the problem on the table is fees. try and pay. but if you feel education is expensive try ignorance
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by odizeey(m): 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mcslize:

We learn every day. The fact that u're in ur Penultimate year doesn't mean u know it all. Nobody would quarel u if u didn't state ur personal info in ur affidavits in ur time. But things change with time and is expected of us to change with trend of things. If u didn't put it in urs does that stop me from soliciting others to take note? How can one swear affidavits to a school without stating his personal info related to the school like ur Reg No, Course, Department and Faculty? I told u they already have the format in their system in the court where I did mine. If anyone need an affidavit they will only edit those info I stated above and replace them wit urs. U ain't the one sweaing the Oath or maybe u did urs outside Court environment thats why they didn't include those essential personal info. Always try and learn from others even if u know it all there are still things u do not know. I only solicited others to take note to include those info to their affidavits for those that haven't done theirs but u saw it as not important simply because u didn't include them to urs in ur time. Is that good of a penulmitate Icon?
dey dere dey kill ursef abt jamb reg wen correction form dey wait for you.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by slimedge(m): 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
PietroRico:
lol. I like that spirit grin
We need more nigerians like you.grin

However, Before u go all adams oshiomole (when he was NLC president grin) on uniben try and look up the breakdown of uniben's acceptance fee and compare it properly with those of the other universities u aree talking about.

Acceptance fee is an aggregation of several fees.

Here's uniben's breakdown
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1904554_zzzzzzzjrhggfzzzz_jpegad0068b743067631083a3659ab88167d
I think u'll find that on kofa if u cannot see the image clearly.

so, maybe other schools' acceptance isn't that big because the separated some of those fees and then make you pay it in a different form.

I DON'T KNOW.

Summary of everything; try to understand what's happening before u begin to cry fowl. grin.
....They have succeeded in pulling the wool over your eyes...what break down?what are the services that are contained in the break down? Students frm other federal schs whose breakdowns are tantamous to ours don't pay that high amounts as acceptance fee..Let it be a thing of choice.Better if we are left to pay for some of these services if we want than the school imposing it on us...All I want is this.Since it's a federal sch & not a state school,I expect to see a form of syncrony or even somthing real close.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by odizeey(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bobbyzain:
i pray i find myself in the latter condition, because i have done the affidavit of name already and was thinking it was a waste because i was told by some persons that the affidavit was not accepted.my case is that all my documents have thesame name except my waec which has a letter changed in my name and my middle name abbreviated.
forget DAT affidavit of name I had similar issue even less. in our tym weda affidavit or not u must fill. its wen u are certified DAT u might b asked to bring d declaration
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by PietroRico(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimedge:
....They have succeeded in pulling the wool over your eyes...what break down?what are the services that are contained in the break down? Students frm other federal schs whose breakdowns are tantamous to ours don't pay that high amounts as acceptance fee..Let it be a thing of choice.Better if we are left to pay for some of these services if we want than the school imposing it on us...All I want is this.Since it's a federal sch & not a state school,I expect to see a form of syncrony or even somthing real close.
. U obviously didn't get the message.
Its ok tho.

I hope to see u and a crew on national news carrying placards soon.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Bobbyzain(m): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
odizeey:
forget DAT affidavit of name I had similar issue even less. in our tym weda affidavit or not u must fill. its wen u are certified DAT u might b asked to bring d declaration
okay.thanks.but how do i know if am certified?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by uju18(f): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimedge:
uju18 where r u @?miss ya kind of o... smiley
miss you too dear,been hustling lol
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by uju18(f): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
einspiration:

It's no news that students in various faculty e.g Engineering,Life Sciences,Pharmacy,Education etc. have concluded their exams except for some few dept that have their exams postponed due to the incidence at Ekosodin on Friday,21st November. Student's have started vacating their hall of residence(Hall1,2,3,4,5 and keystone hostel) all thanks to S.U.G director of welfare that provided buses going to lagos at a subsidized rate of #1,800. 100L Engineering students going to 200L are to wait behind together wit 200L Engineering D.E student for the PRE-UBITS programme which starts DECEMBER 8 And end DECEMBER 22. 200L Faculty of EDUCATION student going to 300L are to wait behind for their T.P(Teaching Pratice) and all New graduands are to wait for the defence and completion of their projects...All Newly admitted students are expected to get their documents ready on or before 10th,JANUARY 2015.As clearance start on the 11th,January 2015. Requirements for the clearance will be listed on uniben kofa page. Kindly access this page regularly.
This is great news
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by uju18(f): 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
ojingbe:
Old student don dey rush enter thread.

Online clearance to start december. But am going to advice you to wait tll january becos that's when physical clearance will start so you will b able to do your online clearance in school.
NOTE- don't try to do your online clearance in your town/city cos of irregularity
Good advice but waiting till school resumption? Won't it set some of us back?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mcslize: 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
HonourablePomk or whatever you called yourself, U must be such a biased corrupt Being I have ever seen. I know u're still a kid that was why you couldn't take ur time to view b4 quoting som1. But here it is below read and tell me why you blogged that trash:

I believe almost everybody here have gotten ready his/her documents.

How much does it cost you to sworn your affidavits?

Did u include your Jamb Reg number in the affidavit?

That was when I asked the question about including one's info in the affidavits.

Mexyz:
jamb reg number is not needed.
That was the reply Mexyz gave

Mexyz:
jamb reg number is not needed.

I meant was jamb Reg No included in the Affidavit? E.g I Okoro Desmond with the jamb Registration number 2354634BG sworn that I will be of good conduct. Thats what I meant by is ur jamb No included as a part of ur personal information?

That was when I quoted him to clarified the question for proper clarity

chue:
av seen som peeps affidavit nd jamb reg wasn't included init.so I'm nt sure if itz necessary to include yur jamb reg

That was when chue provided his own answer to the question stating that some peeps included their Jamb Reg No while others did not

Doctor21:
include ur jamb reg in d affidavit. Dat ws hw a staylite did his own

U could see that another person also provided his own answer to my question stating that a staylite included his personal info to his affidavits.

Doctor21:
include ur jamb reg in d affidavit. Dat ws hw a staylite did his own

Thanks

I replied Doctor by thanking him

Mexyz:
And I replied by saying NO.

That was when Mexyz replied my previous Blogged I posted

Mexyz:
And I replied by saying NO.

I have seen the format. Ur Jamb Reg No need to be included in ur affidavits as ur personal information. Not just ur name alone. Ur jamb Reg No, Course, department and Faculty will be stated in ur affidavits. Others should take note of this.

You could see that I was only trying to tell others to take note to include their vital info to their affidavits

Mexyz:
Bros I don't really understand what you wrote up there, by the Grace of God I am in my penultimate year in uniben and I did not include my reg number in my affidavits. Anyway you can add it to yours if that will make you feel good. morning House.

HonourablePomk as you called yourself. U failled to see the above bolded of Mexyz post simply becasue I asked others to include their Jamb Reg No, course, department and faculty to their affidavits, he posted that in the bolded telling me if that will make me happy I should include them. You didn't see anything wrong with that bolded though. Let me assume that to be as a cause of eye defect frm u for being unable to see that.

Mexyz:
Bros I don't really understand what you wrote up there, by the Grace of God I am in my penultimate year in uniben and I did not include my reg number in my affidavits. Anyway you can add it to yours if that will make you feel good. morning House.

We learn every day. The fact that u're in ur Penultimate year doesn't mean u know it all. Nobody would quarel u if u didn't state ur personal info in ur affidavits in ur time. But things change with time and is expected of us to change with trend of things. If u didn't put it in urs does that stop me from soliciting others to take note? How can one swear affidavits to a school without stating his personal info related to the school like ur Reg No, Course, Department and Faculty? I told u they already have the format in their system in the court where I did mine. If anyone need an affidavit they will only edit those info I stated above and replace them wit urs. U ain't the one sweaing the Oath or maybe u did urs outside Court environment thats why they didn't include those essential personal info. Always try and learn from others even if u know it all there are still things u do not know. I only solicited others to take note to include those info to their affidavits for those that haven't done theirs but u saw it as not important simply because u didn't include them to urs in ur time. Is that good of a penulmitate Icon?

What was wrong wit dat post Pomk? Did u see any form of vexation in it?

HonourablePomk:

Bros na small thing dem take dey vex. In the first place if you know all this why did you bother asking questions. He gave you his own opinion and you tried turning it into something else no vex but you get problem

I think u lost ur mind here & it happened dat u're the one that got a serious problem. Maybe u ain't with ur rightful mind
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mcslize: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
HonourablePomk I believe u have read my explanation.when I asked the question in the first place I was yet to do my affidavits. And when I got to the High court I saw people doing the Affidavits and I was showed a soft copy from their system and noticed that other fellow stsudents had done theirs from the same place; their info were included in the affidavits and in line with the example someone once posted here sometime ago made me to tell others to include those info in theirs too. Now tell me who got a problem. I was advicing someone to learn from others and u saw it being vexed. If u see it as that pls I have nothing else to tell u but to hit ur Head on the nearby Wall.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mcslize: 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
To back up my advice asking others to include their info to their affidavits kindly take a look at the below affidavit of good conductors wether those info were not included. When someone is trying to make a point to help others some ''Na me know pass'' type of people will see it as irrelevant. But I believe it will be relevant to those who always want to learn from others.

For those of you who doesn't know how affidavits, guarantor and acceptance look like, take a sample I saw online below.
HERE'S WHAT YOUR AFFIDAVIT OF GOOD CONDUCT SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
EDO STATE OF NIGERIA
IN THE BENIN JUDICIAL DIVISION
AFFIDAVIT OF GOOD CONDUCT
I, WOLE JETY (M), a student, Christian and citizen of Federal Republic of Nigeria, residing at No 6 Edo Street , Ekosodin, Edo State of Nigeria do hereby make an oath as follows:
1. That I am a 200 level (Full time) student of the Department of Chemical Engineering, faculty of Engineering, University of Benin, Benin City.
2. That my Jamb registration no is 82073497EB.
3. That I am aware of the Rules and Regulations of the University of Benin.
4. That I will not do anything to infringe on the rules and regulations of the University.
5. That I will not aid or abet any activities detrimental to the smooth running of the University of Benin.
6. That the University of Benin is at liberty to invoke necessary disciplinary sanction against me for acts unbecoming of the students of the University of Benin.
7. That I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing same to be true and correct in accordance with the Bendel State Statutory Declaration Law of 1976, also applicable to Edo State.
DECLARANT
Sworn to at the High Court of Justice Registry, Benin City,
This___day of_____2011.
BEFORE ME
COMMISSIONER FOR OATHS
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mcslize: 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bobbyzain:
are you sure of this because i was told at the court that i was going to need affidavit of state of origin,which also listed my lga in it. before they will give me my lga certificate.at EDO STATE HOUSE in abuja.but on geting there i was told i didnt need the affidavit.and that they dont offer lga cert.but they said i could get the lga at my village.which i havent gotten as of this moment.but with what u are saying it seems i don't need to get it.i can just use the affidavit of state i swore that i thought was wasted.right?

The reason for the affidavit is to serve in the place of ur Local Gov of Origin for those who haven't gone to their Local Gov to do theirs. U can sworn it at any court to show that u are truly from that Local Gov u declared. Any affidavit swon in any court in Nigeria is accepted
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mcslize: 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mexyz:
hmmmm... you are the one taking this thing too far, just told you I didn't put my reg number. I don't remember telling Anybody to do same. I did mine at Benin high court, anyway not quarrelling with you though. cheers

We ain't quarelling I was only drawing people attention to include those info for those that haven't done their. Wether they include them or not everyone will still do the clearance but little things like that could later turn out to be important during the clearance as so many things had changed for the pasted 3yrs. I appreciate ur candid understanding
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by HonourablePomk: 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mcslize:
HonourablePomk I believe u have read my explanation.when I asked the question in the first place I was yet to do my affidavits. And when I got to the High court I saw people doing the Affidavits and I was showed a soft copy from their system and noticed that other fellow stsudents had done theirs from the same place; their info were included in the affidavits and in line with the example someone once posted here sometime ago made me to tell others to include those info in theirs too. Now tell me who got a problem. I was advicing someone to learn from others and u saw it being vexed. If u see it as that pls I have nothing else to tell u but to hit ur Head on the nearby Wall.

grin Speechless grin Yeah i'm a kid no vex
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by slimedge(m): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
uju18:
miss you too dear,been hustling lol
eeyaah, it's necessary jare babe...
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by uju18(f): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimedge:
eeyaah, it's necessary jare babe...
sure oo
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mcslize: 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
HonourablePomk:

grin Speechless grin Yeah i'm a kid no vex

U should have told me that earlier and I would have given u a hard ''conk''. U r so lucky for escaping a conk from me
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by slimedge(m): 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
PietroRico:
. U obviously didn't get the message.
Its ok tho.

I hope to see u and a crew on national news carrying placards soon.
...I know where pple like you belong...So after carrying placards with insriptions and may be probably succeed,you will now be there saying,"I was actually part of the initiative''. Abi?....smiley
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by HonourablePomk: 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mcslize:

U should have told me that earlier and I would have given u a hard ''conk''. U r so lucky for escaping a conk from me

Soory please what's "CONK" we don't know that here grin
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Olaskybab: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pls 4 dose wu av sworn deir affidavits in d Courts of Law,wot were/are d requirements?

*modified*
pls ansr my questn naa.......do I nid 2 go along wit my Jamb Admssn Letter??
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by PietroRico(m): 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimedge:
...I know where pple like you belong...So after carrying placards with insriptions and may be probably succeed,you will now be there saying,"I was actually part of the initiative''. Abi?....smiley
. Lol. Yea.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by odizeey(m): 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bobbyzain:
okay.thanks.but how do i know if am certified?
if u have a prob DAT warrants correction form, you have to fill,den d senate will seat on your issue, if you a certified to clear, you clear, if not ..... you know d rest. I was cleared after matriculation, it was not a small tyn
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Alikaxon(m): 9:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
Its cool coming around again..

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1041) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.