Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) (18106 Views)

PORT HARCOURT AIRPORT, NIGERIA IS THE WORLD'S WORST AIRPORT IN 2015 / Direction From Delta To Jigawa State / I Want to Travel to Jigawa State, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by EbirichBen(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2013
Nice One From The Gej Administrations and Kudos To Lamido

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by juman(m): 10:20am On Dec 22, 2013
One nigeria is the problem of the country.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Dannylux: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2013
It only happens in GEJ's Administration.. Define development if you think GEJ is incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by LyfeJennings(m): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2013
Dear God,I dont care what those folks are doing there but pls I beg U,make me be as significant as the most significant person there.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by MeAboki(m): 11:07am On Dec 22, 2013
taharqa: You are wrong, guy. The FG has so far contributed almost #1billion to this project, apart from other critical contributions like Waivers/tax reliefs for sm of d Equipments used in building d Airport. The FG wud also build one of d 9 Perishable Cargo Terminals she is building across d nation there if this article is anytin to go by (d most interesting part of d whole tin for me). Although Yes, much of d credit shld go to Gov Lamido and d Govt of Jigawa on this project of course...

Big deal, N1b against N11b, just less than 10% of the total funding for a federal project that should have been fully borne by the FG; lets face it, Jigawa State govt took the initiative, did it, and the alleged contribution and subsequent pledge is evidently an after thought.
The governor is clearly playing clever politics by inviting the aviation minister and thanking the FG through her, for their (little) contribution and promise; while we all know that without his bullish initiative Jigawa would today still be staring at an empty field instead of an airport; because in all probability the FG wouldn't have taken such initiative nor funded it up the the level being shouldered by the Jigawa State government - pls give credit where it is due.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by tosan200(m): 11:11am On Dec 22, 2013
Kudos to Jigawa state governor.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by eeeeeee: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2013
Where is Jigawa again?
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by HAH: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2013
Gej did not give one kobo on this project apart from import waivers.

Gej was a governor of a state of just 7 LGAs with five times jigawa revenue. Did he achieve 10% of jigawa?
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by whizkidd: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2013
Finallyyyyy an airport that actually looks like an airport. Every other airport in Nigeria looks like shyte.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by LajaLaba: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2013
Stealer Oduah.....Easy with the pancake
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Anybody who knows this man Gov. Sule Lamido knows he is a no nonsense, determined leader who has virtually transformed Jigawa state. I'm a southerner, if there came ever a time to vote for a president in 2015 and Gov. Lamido were on the list, I'll vote for him with recourse. Look at an above-standard airport...in small local Jigawa state. Understand this man was a former Minister of Foreign affair; well traveled, liberal/progressive Muslim like Atiku, so no your typical Northerner
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2013
ujoinme: In just 10 months the airport was completed to a stage that i could airlift pilgrims to mecca. And the governor spent only N11billion on the project.
This is why i am of the school of thought that every state in Nigeria should have its own airport.

Kudos to Gov. Lamido and the people of jigawa.
Many are complaining that GEJ is not working yet under his leadership 4 state government has built their own airport, if this is not development then i dont know what is, for this is the first time in the history of the nation that state governments are doing as good.

What good is it sinking billions into new but sub-standard airports when air transport overall is not safe and planes keep on crashing left, right and centre? Why not make the existing infrastructure safe first and THEN invest in new ones?
And in any case, PRIORITIES, PRIORITIES, PRIORITIES:
Lousy educational system and we are building unsafe airports?!
Lousy health sector and we are building unsafe airports?!
Lousy road networks and we are building unsafe airports?!
Gross, utter unemployment and we are building unsafe airports?!

Look at the pictures again. Do you see the one with a lot of Almajiri onlookers? That gives you an idea of the fvcking problem. They all look emaciated, clueless and must be wondering "why the hell are they building such a colossal structure when most of us here do not know where our next meal is going to come from?" No fvcking wonder some of them eventually hop on the Boko Haram band wagon.

No my friend, this is NOT development. You need to be educated some more.
The frustrating, fvcking, hopeless reality is that the majority of Nigerians think like you.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by GentleFrank(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2013
Good !
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by seangy4konji: 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
you are stupid Madam ODUAH STEALER and that wont change any fact that you are a CORRUPT THIEF and cant pronounce you as a mother...You are a robber of economy,your image wont change no matter what you do and the fact that you bang JEG in the corridors without Patience knowing makes you feel you cant be prosecuted...We are all watching you thieves...Clueless leaders...In your mind?you think you have gone with your corruption charges but trust me a time will come when we will prosecute you all and be made accountable for how you turned MY COUNTRY filled with riches into a hell hole...BITTCH!!!
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by adelaja70(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
gramci:

Fashole built an imaginary Airport cheesy
You are DAFT!....

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by alajor(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
Anambra my state,when r we going to build our own airport?
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Namady(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
holyvirgin: Madam Stella Oduah mun gani aikin hanu ki a wanan wuri fa grin mun gode....

Beautiful, nice, and we say kudos to the present government of GEJ, governor of Jigawa and Oduah

cheesy
holyvirgin: Madam Stella Oduah mun gani aikin hanu ki a wanan wuri fa grin mun gode....

Beautiful, nice, and we say kudos to the present government of GEJ, governor of Jigawa and Oduah

First time da naji anyi hausa a nairaland! Namu Namu ya ake ciki...
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by patriotic007: 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
I use to tell people that developement brings jos,....No government can creat jobs like what the opposition are promising,....Just develope and jobs will crawl out,....Most people viewing those pics are just seeing a nice structure but for me i see not less than 5000 jobs waiting to be harvested,...from the cleaners,clerks,messangers,receptionist,technicians,steward,engineers,...what have you,....Am still saying it,....If Government can give us 24hours light,good road all through,rail tracks all over the country,standard airports,seaports,and privately owned refinaries....then unemployment will be history in Nigeria
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by patriotic007: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
If you guys are tripping for this one then wait until you see the new terminal being built in Enugu,....It will blow your mind,....Its in GEJ administration that all this is happening,....what a coincidence,,,..hehehhehehehhehehe

1 Like

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Jenkizo: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
It's funny how GEJ supporters are praise singing Oduah's name because she went to Dutse for inspection. That project is funded 100% by Jigawa State Government. The Igbos on this platform has a way of down playing issues without even accessing their own situation. Come to think of it, the East have 5 state in the region and only Imo and Enugu state have airport. People of Anambra state being one of the richest state in Nigeria uses Asaba and Enugu airport. Nobody has ever questioned Ada Obi, T.A. Orji and Martins Elechi about what they are doing with their various states money rather is Igbo this, Igbo that, APGA our party, APC a Yoruba/Hausa party. Anambra is far richer than Jigawa state in all ramification but the people will not see that one. Igbos are really in serious trouble
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nuezha(m): 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
ujoinme: The Airport building governors are all PDP - jigawa, bauchi, delta and Akwa ibom. All APC airports are in the pipeline and yet APC calls themselves progressives. When in deed PDP are the ones progressing with development! UP fi di fi

Any APC controlled states without an airport? Ekiti and...
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by joaquin64(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Better than Ibadan airport.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by juman(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
joaquin64: Better than Ibadan airport.

grin

You mean ibadan airstrip. grin
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Princek12(m): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ebele is working. Pwesh air you can feel. Sai goodluck.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by faragai24: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
no wonder Lamido refused to join APC untill this project is concluded.....
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by IGBOSON1: 4:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
moonraker: True story but even at its present state, this airport has the potential of being much better than MMIA.

^^^It does have the potential, sure; but it would achieve such a status faster if Dutse is a cosmopolitan city....where all can feel safe and have a sense of belonging regardless of creed, ethnicity or status; this means the complete elimination of boko haram!

I'm impressed with what is shown of the airport so far!
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nuezha:

Any APC controlled states without an airport? Ekiti and...

Can you point out one Airport that was built by an APC controlled state government?
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
At the end, it will be only the airports built in the southwest that will be leaking when it rains, na dem know why after renovating Lagos airport it started leaking while other airports aint leaking grin grin gringrin grin grin grin. Nice work by the Governor.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Jyde81: 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
ujoinme: In just 10 months the airport was completed to a stage that i could airlift pilgrims to mecca. And the governor spent only N11billion on the project.

This is why i am of the school of thought that every state in Nigeria should have its own airport, they don't have to break the bank to do it, Bauchi used 8 billion to build its own, and now lamido used 11 billion this proves that standard airports can be constructed at minimal cost in every state without one, upgrades can come later when they are needed. So all state governors that are using the no money excuse should STFU,

Kudos to Gov. Lamido and the people of jigawa.

Many are complaining that GEJ is not working yet under his leadership 4 state government has built their own airport, if this is not development then i dont know what is, for this is the first time in the history of the nation that state governments are doing as good.
. My question to u is this: do u think that an airport project is viable commercially in every state? My opinion is I think not.....
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 6:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jenkizo: It's funny how GEJ supporters are praise singing Oduah's name because she went to Dutse for inspection. That project is funded 100% by Jigawa State Government. The Igbos on this platform has a way of down playing issues without even accessing their own situation. Come to think of it, the East have 5 state in the region and only Imo and Enugu state have airport. People of Anambra state being one of the richest state in Nigeria uses Asaba and Enugu airport. Nobody has ever questioned Ada Obi, T.A. Orji and Martins Elechi about what they are doing with their various states money rather is Igbo this, Igbo that, APGA our party, APC a Yoruba/Hausa party. Anambra is far richer than Jigawa state in all ramification but the people will not see that one. Igbos are really in serious trouble

wet in concern Igbo for this topic now?
are two airports not enough for 5 states?
Where is ur own region?
Don't tell me u are from SW cos Ibadan airport get as e be

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Gombe, Van Kills 12 Children During Maulud Procession (Photos) / I Need To Book Appointment In Austrian Embassy Abuja, Can Any One Help Please? / Dirtiest City In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.