Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 (881 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Guys what are your views and strategy for PDP re-election come 2015

Here is my take:

Jonathan should double his effort on development projects with priority on electricity

Fight through the court with all Presidential might and reclaim their mandate from defecting Governors and NASS members

Go to the North and South West and empower a new generation of Nigerian politicians who want to be given a chance with power in PDP

Consult strongly with the middle belt and have that region locked in terms of votes, Gown and David Mark's body language says a lot!

and frame 2015 election as "The Past vs The Future" because quite frankly that is what it is.

1 Like

Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by immortalcrown(m): 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
PDP will do THAT THING.
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by israel007: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Don't worry. We still would occupy till even after 2019.
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by nduchucks: 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
mikeansy: Guys what are your views and strategy for PDP re-election come 2015

Here is my take:

Jonathan should double his effort on development projects with priority on electricity

Fight through the court with all Presidential might and reclaim their mandate from defecting Governors and NASS members

Go to the North and South West and empower a new generation of Nigerian politicians who want to be given a chance with power in PDP

Consult strongly with the middle belt and have that region locked in terms of votes, Gown and David Mark's body language says a lot!

and frame 2015 election as "The Past vs The Future" because quite frankly that is what it is.

Good suggestions. Unfortunately GEJ is no mikeansy. The man is out of touch and quite confused by his 'trusted' advisers and ministers, but if he were to sack Tukur tomorrow, make a scapegoat out of a few known corrupt cabinet members, and then take the steps you've itemized above, then there may be hope for him.

1 Like

Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by sammyzacks(m): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jonathan should drop his ambition and support David Mark.
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
sammyzacks: Jonathan should drop his ambition and support David Mark.

David Mark or Namadi Sambo will take over from GEJ in 2019
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Good suggestions. Unfortunately GEJ is no mikeansy. The man is out of touch and quite confused by his 'trusted' advisers and ministers, but if he were to sack Tukur tomorrow, make a scapegoat out of a few known corrupt cabinet members, and then take the steps you've itemized above, then there may be hope for him.

I am no fan of Bamanga Tukur but sacking him is what Jonathan's enemies want. Those enemies he has lost anyway

There is no need paying a ransom after the terrorist has blown up your house

Jonathan as President has everything he needs to win this fight.
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by 1MCN: 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
mikeansy:

I am no fan of Bamanga Tukur but sacking him is what Jonathan's enemies want. Those enemies he has lost anyway

There is no need paying a ransom after the terrorist has blown up your house

Jonathan as President has everything he needs to win this fight.
I believe with you on the point that Jonathan has all he needs to win the fight, and also your point on paying a ransom. I think Jonathan is doing exactly what he needs to do to win next election if he so runs. Deliver on his campaign promises and then bunlde the entire club of known corruption merchants like Atiku, OBJ, etc to the opposition and demonize their congregation, raise a new generation of young and vibrant and sagacious people's leaders in his party. This will end the reign of the gods of yesterday and create a huge juxtaposition between a perilous past and a promising future. He should campaign in 2015 with his 2011 campaign catlogue. That is, he should say, this was what I promised you in 2011 so go by yourselves and verify if they're there as promised. If the people can see these things for themselves (which I believe most people are seeing) then no amount of noise or smear campaign can change the mind of the people against Jonathan come 2015. One of the earliest and worst mistakes the opposition has made is to turn itself into a scum bin into which Jonathan funnels all those political ha.gs who have long lost public credibility. However, the opposition will surely win more states and parliamentary seats than ever before come 2015.
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by Brimmie(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
1MCN:
He should campaign in 2015 with his 2011 campaign catlogue. That is, he should say, this was what I promised you in 2011 so go by yourselves and verify if they're there as promised.
Can you fight yourself? NO!!

GEJ = Corruption

GEJ's 2011 Campaign Promises: Infrastructure
*.To revive the rail system in the country
*.To complete Lagosto Jebba rail project
*.To intervene and revitalize the moribund Nigeria Machine Tools and other infrastructure owned by the federal government.
*.Government has budgeted N50b for job development and infrastructure
*.To modernize the ports
*.To complete the second River Niger bridgebefore the expiration of the tenure
*.To make the Minister of Works to immediately start repairs of the road leading to Murtala Mohammed International Airport
*.To transform all major routes in Damaturu to federal roads
*.To assist in resuscitating all the collapsed industries in Kano state
*.To work towards making Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu an international airport
*.To seek alternative funding means to repair the Benin-Ore road.
*.To set up a committee to review Federal government landed properties in Lagos, hand over those that should and retain those that should be in possession of the Federal Government.
*.To give Sokoto-Kotangora road unfettered attention

If we are to vote for that fat nose drunkard base on his promises, then he wont have 1 vote. He better start a new propaganda and spend more on his e-foot soldiers. He should also try to breed new attack dogs.
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by Ufeolorun(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
Who's the future?! The current administration combines,open embrace of misuse of office and a shockingly level of incompetence. Nigeria has never seen these combination before,the incremental progress we require as a fall back option amid decades of massive looting automatically becomes unachievable if incapacity becomes another national issue. We can't afford it.

I believe He came on stage with subtle disadvantage of being a minority : this isn't the usual majority/minority disadvantage, he appeared on the scene with a mindset typical of minorities: little room for compromise and insular inclination.
Minorities are actually more insular when compared to major groups. At least, coming from a major ethnic group would have given him the natural opportunity to understand and learn how a big society runs, the art of compromise and the need for constant scheming.

Abuja isn't Niger-delta or bayelsa,its a massive tent, the president and his mates failed to accept this
mendelow said you have people you have to keep happy,those you have to keep informed ,those you need to engage,and those you can ignore,this administration bundled everyone in one column and ignored them all
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by ckkris: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
The opponents of President Jonathan exposed themselves so early that everyone now knows them. The president has sufficient time to devise strategies that can defeat all of them.

Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by stelaar(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
If for the love and respect of the dearly departed who died in 2011 because of jonathan's Election...he should think of the possible damage and mass murder that may occur in 2015 and let peace come above his ambition to run. His name would go down in history books as the most respected president if he decides not to run.
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
stelaar: If for the love and respect of the dearly departed who died in 2011 because of jonathan's Election...he should think of the possible damage and mass murder that may occur in 2015 and let peace come above his ambition to run. His name would go down in history books as the most respected president if he decides not to run.

may be it wont hurt to advise those who killed their countrymen in the name of election in 2011 to learn to be better loosers in 2015
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by Bigcake: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
stelaar: If for the love and respect of the dearly departed who died in 2011 because of jonathan's Election...he should think of the possible damage and mass murder that may occur in 2015 and let peace come above his ambition to run. His name would go down in history books as the most respected president if he decides not to run.
God punish u.
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by stelaar(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bigcake: God punish u.

Stay blessed brother
Re: What PDP Can Do To Win In 2015 by anselm791(m): 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
I'm tired of PDP, I'm tired of GEJ and with my one vote they can all bleep off. Let someone else rule, I don't care if its the devil's party, I just want PDP out, they've done enough!

(1) (Reply)

Flying Object Crashes Into Home In Ibadan •object Believed To Be US Drone / Muslims Not Terrorists – Oloyede / Jonathan Has All It Takes To Fix Nigeria- T.A Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.