Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,034 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Living In Brunei - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Brunei (15607 Views)

How Its Study In Brunei Nairalanders There / Any Nigerian Citizen Living In Egypt Or Libya?? / I Want To Go To Brunei (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In Brunei by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pls i will like to know if there are Nigerians lioving in Brunei and how one can cope living there. I have a scholarship offer there which i havent yet accepted considering the fact that it is a liife changing decision i am about to make . I have not heard from anyone with experience living there so pls ls if there are people there or you have someone there, pls sincerely advice me on what to expect outside the normal google search result stuff. Thanks
Re: Living In Brunei by stah131: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Please share your experience how got the scholarship offer so that other interested NL can benefit from it too. Congratulations, I heard Brunei is not bad place at all especially with scholarship offer.

1 Like

Re: Living In Brunei by naijaspeak(m): 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
There are a large number of Nigerian students who travel to Malaysia to study. I am of the view that our Malaysia based students should be able to provide you with practical information about Brunei since the country in question ( Brunei ) shares border with the Sarawak and Sabah region of Malaysia. Most of our Nigerian students in Malaysia, our business men/women and other working class professional may be visiting Brunei from Malaysia. Best of Luck!

6 Likes

Re: Living In Brunei by Okattamgbee: 8:40am On Dec 24, 2013
How did you guys applied for the scholarship is it through a site? If yes what is the name of the site. Thanks as i await your candid response.
Re: Living In Brunei by Iyoha1: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
@Don Demu, greetings to you once again Boss, pls, I've dropped my mail in my previous post, kindly send me ur mail/number/BB pin if u're on any of dis platforms. Time is fast running out and I seek ur urgent assistance on some questions bothering my application... Kindly help a fellow brother. I'm urgently expecting your response. Stay blessed!

@Okattamgbee, kindly log on to google and use appropriate search word regarding Brunei Darussalam Government scholarship 2014, you will get enough helpful link;watch out for that of scholarship-positions.com. If you're an ardent follower of posts on Nairaland, you'll equally see a thread about the scholarship for that of last year edition; that's where I first encountered the info back then, but I couldn't meet up cos the deadline had already passed.Wishing you success.
Re: Living In Brunei by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2013
I want to apply also, but they required English Language Proficiency. any other way
Re: Living In Brunei by babadey(m): 10:34am On Dec 26, 2013
Don demu and iyoha1. How did you submit your documents and where? Cos I couldn't find their embassy in nigeria after a long surfing on the web. And,did you guys write TOEFL?.
Re: Living In Brunei by babadey(m): 10:38am On Dec 26, 2013
I sent you a mail since bro,kindly reply ASAP bro
Re: Living In Brunei by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
I want to apply for the scholarship too but I heard. its by delivery and I don't know if they require TOEFL?
Re: Living In Brunei by Iyoha1: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
@ikeola, English language proficiency test is required;either TOEFL or IELTS and its a must.

@Baba dey, I wrote IELTS earlier this month.

@Don demu, as much as I esteem you,don't want to believe you're hoarding information because I see you in a rightful position to help people like us with a simple answer as to how you submitted your documents. Against this backdrop, I hereby use this opportunity to appeal to well-meaning and public-spirited individuals reading this thread to kindly assist me with useful information on locating the embassy/consulate/mission office of Brunei Darussalam in Nigeria or neighbouring countries for one to submit application documents.Patiently anticipating ur responses.
Re: Living In Brunei by Okattamgbee: 9:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
Iyoha1: @Don Demu, greetings to you once again Boss, pls, I've dropped my mail in my previous post, kindly send me ur mail/number/BB pin if u're on any of dis platforms. Time is fast running out and I seek ur urgent assistance on some questions bothering my application... Kindly help a fellow brother. I'm urgently expecting your response. Stay blessed!

@Okattamgbee, kindly log on to google and use appropriate search word regarding Brunei Darussalam Government scholarship 2014, you will get enough helpful link;watch out for that of scholarship-positions.com. If you're an ardent follower of posts on Nairaland, you'll equally see a thread about the scholarship for that of last year edition; that's where I first encountered the info back then, but I couldn't meet up cos the deadline had already passed.Wishing you success.
thanks.
Re: Living In Brunei by Iyoha1: 5:55am On Jan 06, 2014
@Okattamgbee, i checked my mail, didn't see anything you sent.

@ikeola and others,Pls, i write to set things aright regarding the english language proficiency question; i recently read the scholarship info thoroughly and discovered that a credit pass in english language @ SSCE or GCE may actually be sufficient. I urge you all to take time out
to study the scholarship guidelines.

@Don Demu, Bros, i'm still awaiting your contribution and answer to the questions earlier raised on this thread.
Re: Living In Brunei by babadey(m): 9:41am On Jan 07, 2014
Iyoha1: @Okattamgbee, i checked my mail, didn't see anything you sent.

@ikeola and others,Pls, i write to set things aright regarding the english language proficiency question; i recently read the scholarship info thoroughly and discovered that a credit pass in english language @ SSCE or GCE may actually be sufficient. I urge you all to take time out

@Don Demu, Bros, i'm still awaiting your contribution and answer to the questions earlier raised on this thread.

hello mic, av been trying your numbers and av sent you msg on whatsapp but to no avail. So you saying, if one has a credit pass in english the person would not need the english language proficiency?. jobi
Re: Living In Brunei by Okattamgbee: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2014
Iyoha1: @Okattamgbee, i checked my mail, didn't see anything you sent.

am sorry the msg bounced back. Can you drop your email id or send me a NL PM
Re: Living In Brunei by ibe003(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
No country in this world with out Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Brunei by Shehas(m): 11:47am On Nov 29, 2014
pls i nid clarification on security vetting. Can police clearance frm divisional police office serve dis purpose?
Re: Living In Brunei by Shehas(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2014
pls i nid clarification on security vetting. can police clearance frm divisional police office serve dis purpose? Brunei Scholarship aspiratn
Re: Living In Brunei by pocahontess(f): 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
Yeah, i think so. @shehas
Re: Living In Brunei by Shehas(m): 11:30am On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks!!!
Re: Living In Brunei by gbaby4live: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
@shehas, how far with the filling of you Brunei application since Brunei embassy is not in Nigeria...and the ministry of foreign affairs things?
Re: Living In Brunei by Shehas(m): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
@gbaby4life D application wil b send directly 2 brunei. D address is on the form. Regarding ministry of foreign affairs, sm1 has to go to Abuja
Re: Living In Brunei by Wisepac: 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
pls @shehas how can I apply for darrus salaam scholarship, do I need ielts also
Re: Living In Brunei by Sirolad(m): 11:09am On Apr 25, 2015
any update from those who applied?
Re: Living In Brunei by bigerboy200: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
DonDemu:
Pls i will like to know if there are Nigerians lioving in Brunei and how one can cope living there. I have a scholarship offer there which i havent yet accepted considering the fact that it is a liife changing decision i am about to make . I have not heard from anyone with experience living there so pls ls if there are people there or you have someone there, pls sincerely advice me on what to expect outside the normal google search result stuff. Thanks

did u pick up the scholarship offer?? If yes,please what can u say about d place?
Re: Living In Brunei by donmuby: 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
Please is ministry of foreign affairs the nominating agency or federal scholarship board?
Re: Living In Brunei by Shehas(m): 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
donmuby:
Please is ministry of foreign affairs the nominating agency or federal scholarship board?
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Re: Living In Brunei by doziej84: 2:17am On Feb 19, 2017
Is there a ministry of foreign affairs liason office in Lagos, where I can get the necessary authentication.

travelling to abuja is a no, no for me
Re: Living In Brunei by able88(m): 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2017
Iyoha1:
@ikeola, English language proficiency test is required;either TOEFL or IELTS and its a must.

@Baba dey, I wrote IELTS earlier this month.

@Don demu, as much as I esteem you,don't want to believe you're hoarding information because I see you in a rightful position to help people like us with a simple answer as to how you submitted your documents. Against this backdrop, I hereby use this opportunity to appeal to well-meaning and public-spirited individuals reading this thread to kindly assist me with useful information on locating the embassy/consulate/mission office of Brunei Darussalam in Nigeria or neighbouring countries for one to submit application documents.Patiently anticipating ur responses.
Hello Sir,
did you later proceed with the scholarship?
If yes, Please list the procedures you used for me because I'm about to apply.
The deadline is on 13th March.
Thanks.
Re: Living In Brunei by able88(m): 6:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
DonDemu:
Hello Sir,
did you later proceed with the scholarship?
If yes, Please list the procedures you used for me because I'm about to apply.
The deadline is on 13th March.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons Lagosians Love The BRT / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Today. See List Of Blocked Roads. / LASWA Rescues Stranded Boat Passengers (Video & Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.