Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Lesson On Child Training And Character Development - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lesson On Child Training And Character Development (906 Views)

'My Thoughts On Child Marriage' - Peregrino Brimah (Dr) / updated: Dem Don Call Police for me O, False alarm on child Abuse. / When Does Child Training Become Child Abuse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesson On Child Training And Character Development by joyceok: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
Look at your child, boy or girl as they grow and ask, is this the way you will like them to grow up. Look at him, her or them again. Not as your own child this time, but as someone else.

You wouldn't believe this. A mother was travelling one day with her daughter. The daughter was at the front as they were boarding the bus. As the girl wanted to pay the driver, she just threw the money at the bus driver and demanded for tickets. The mother who hzappens to be a strong woman of God couldn't believe it. Is this my girl? She thought. She apologized to the driver and asked the girl to pick up the money and give it back to the driver in a manner of a well brought up child, which the girl did. She never believed it. she has always been thinking her girl to be an angel. She got a shock. She started to imagine how she must have been doing in her absence.

Another story, It happened few years back now. As I entered a church, I saw this young girl well dressed and full of life. I could see from her smile, the way she touches and talks to people that she must have come from a respectable home. You can easily know them. I was so impressed. I got to know later that she was a Bishop's daughter. I wasn't surprised when I met the dad.

Those of you that live with your children, pray with your child/children. Call them and teach them manners. Talk to them seriously. Check their friends. Check on where they go. Check on how they dress. Bringing up children is a full time job. We get easily carried away because we live with them and let many issues in their lives go unchecked. All we do is work, tv, Facebooking and so on. I was at a friend's house the other day when the elder sister slapped the younger brother 'gbosa!!!'. I was astounded. I asked the mother why should she do things like that. She answered me that I shouldn't get involved that that's how they treat each other. Slap! The girl became pregnant before she reached 19! No marriage.

Drum it into their ears. If you have temper and you see that spirit in any of your children. Don't say, she is taking after you. Have it checked early. Don't spend all your life going to parties when you should be at home talking to them. You have a better chance if you are living with your children. Sadly, many are being robbed of these chances by life. Listen and act. CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE........................
Re: Lesson On Child Training And Character Development by kkjoy(f): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
nice one........ i will flog out every attitude of his father from my son
Re: Lesson On Child Training And Character Development by joyceok: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
kkjoy: nice one........ i will flog out every attitude of his father from my son
what of yout own attitude of pinging facebooking and braziloan hair
Re: Lesson On Child Training And Character Development by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Good write up OP

Ironically, all your examples only entailed girl-child. Hmmm that says a lot.

That being said, children ( both gender) emulate their role models-parents/ guardians. Hardly you see a child ( whose parents hardly hit/spank or say derogatory words at home) raise his hands on his mates . Children's brain are like sponge, sucks everything from their environment in and act on it.
Re: Lesson On Child Training And Character Development by greatgod2012(f): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
@op, thanks for sharing.
I just hope some parents will learn.
I believe that the best way to train these kids it to lead by example, behave the way you want them to behave, talk the way you want them to be talking, respect other people and naturally they will pick up the attitude of respect. Don't use vulgar language and they won't get used to it, even when it seems they want to pick up bad habit either from the media or socialization groups, always telling them the negative effect of such attitude will go a long way in correcting them.

Parenthood isn't an easy task, but with readiness to lead by example, prayer and consistency, we shall get there.

4 Likes

Re: Lesson On Child Training And Character Development by joyceok: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Happy new year in advance
Re: Lesson On Child Training And Character Development by Vallotti: 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
Every action has it rewards and punishments!
You do your best and leave the rest for them to REAP! kiss
Re: Lesson On Child Training And Character Development by EfemenaXY: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ OP, I find your write up truly one-sided and biased.

If you want to educate people on bringing up and instilling morals in their kids, then you'd best do well to touch on both sexes rather than tailor ALL of your examples to the female child and their mother's 'shortcomings'.

What about the boy child going or gone wrong? What about a father's responsibility in ensuring his kids tow the line and that he too leads by example? Or doesn't he count in your book?

Until you rectify your post by making it all inclusive, I for one won't take your write-up seriously.

(1) (Reply)

Should Children Interfere In Parent Matters? / Wedding Photographer Nigeria, UK / Is Marriage Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.