Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) (24995 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by teejan: 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
You guys are celebrating mediocrity, what was he elected to do? Is it is grandfather's money? And some Ediots just wake up and type fresh air, where is the fresh air? Can a retard provide fresh air?

3 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by DaRocha: 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
awodman: Press Release

Expanded Terminal opens at Lagos airport.

Passengers flying through the Murtala Muhammed
International Airport, Lagos to other parts of the
world were giving a pleasant Xmas surprise with
the opening of the new departure/screening points
of the terminal at about 6.00 am on Saturday,
December 21, 2013.

The extended Departure Hall feature 5 nos state –
of-the-art screening machines and 2 nos Body
Scanner at each of the wings in addition 30 nos
new immigration counters. A distinguishing feature
of the new screening machines is the ability to
detect explosive materials and potential threat
items real time with the lowest rate of false alarm.

The introduction of 30 nos new immigration
counters as against the previous 9 nos has taken
passenger facilitation to another level.

The extended Departure consists of 14 check-in
counters, seven hand-luggage X-ray machines and
eight walk-through body scanners at the E finger.

The facility is equipped with 11 toilet facilities for
both male and female passengers, as well as
disabled persons. The new extension comes with
commercial offerings. These duty free shops will
afford passengers the opportunity for last minute
shopping, refreshments and other conveniences in
line with global standards and recommended
practices.

The improvements in physical extension of the
passenger handling area is by one and a-half times
or 150 per cent more than its previous size. Three
new hi-tech conveyor systems have also been
installed in this new section since early this year.
Already, this has been easing the experience of
passengers who now enjoy faster processing of
their luggage and personal effects. The new
conveyor systems can process the luggage of a
1,000 passengers per hour. Passenger processing is
now faster and the congestion has been eradicated
in line with the Aviation Road map initiated by the
Honourable Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella
Oduah.

The ongoing remodeling has led to an expansion of
about 25% as against the former operational area,
in expectation of the expected passenger growth.
The new facility is part of the strategy by the
President Jonathan Goodluck to make Murtala
Mohammed International Airport, the preferred
regional hub in the West African sub- region.

The Managing Director of FAAN, Mr George Uriesi,
who personally supervised the operation expressed
appreciation to Immigration, Customs and other
security organisations for their support.

Yakubu Dati
Coordinating Spokesman,
Aviation Parastatals.

newswirengr.com/2013/12/22/expanded-terminal-opens-at-murtala-muhammed-international-airport-photos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Nice one by Oduah and GEJ with respect to the departure area. However, what of the arrival section? Has the arrival hall been remodeled? If yes, can someone post pictures of the hall.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by akereconfi: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
teejan: You guys are celebrating mediocrity, what was he elected to do? Is it is grandfather's money? And some Ediots just wake up and type fresh air, where is the fresh air? Can a retard provide fresh air?

Your LOW IQ is beyond comprehension

4 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by djon78(m): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Good one!! Please the president and his team should do more of this type of project. There watchword for 2014 should be work work and more work, so that major projects should brought to completion. If this is done, it will shame all those that can't see anything good in GEJ, then we will compare and contrast.

2 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by specialguest(f): 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
If all our past leaders has done their bits by contributing their quota to the development of this nation we wouldn't have been where we are today. Finally someone with a head on his neck is doing what his predecessors failed to do over the years.
#teamfreshair #goodluckNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by teejan: 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Akereconfi, you are a product of same sex marriage, I guess you are one of the PDP touts, or somewhere in the creeks, Ex miliant!
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by gp6liveth(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
apoti:

And the price of garri in the market keeps increasing undecided

And the poor can afford more of it. Is it an issue?

Pro APC pls pls bring something important that Gej will look into.

Pls can u tell me when last u witness scarcity of fuel since Gej took over leadership?
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by hunter21(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My brother, no be small thing. GEJ is busy cleaning the mess left behind by OBJ and co.
Imagine what has been achieved in recent years:
1. Nigeria is African Cup of Nations champion.
2. Nigeria is U-17 World Cup Champion
3. Nigeria is Mandela cup champion
4. Nigeria is the Catalonia Cup champion
5. Nigeria was elected as non-permanent member of United Nations security council.
6. Nigerian was elected as first black man to head ICAO
7. Nigerian was the Forbes African Person of the year 2013
8. Nigeria Petroleum Minister was elected first woman to head OPEC
9. Nigeria built her first made in Nigeria drone
And so and so forth.
10. Nigeria is now declared the largest economy in africa

4 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by SSaemoenl(m): 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Will that stops too many toll gates from our uniformed men? cry
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by akereconfi: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
teejan: @Akereconfi, you are a product of same sex marriage, I guess you are one of the PDP touts, or somewhere in the creeks, Ex miliant!

absolute stupidity.

Guess you know part of your sentence that I highlighted by striking through is 100% impossible

And sorry bro, am far above and beyond what you think, and where I am, I have no influence from the government of PDP or APC

I wish you fresh air over there in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by taharqa: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
teejan: You guys are celebrating mediocrity, what was he elected to do? Is it is grandfather's money? And some Ediots just wake up and type fresh air, where is the fresh air? Can a retard provide fresh air?
The tiny blood vessels in ya body, esp those close to d brain, wud soon swell to their limits and bust open. When that happens, d Doctors wud call it: 'high blood pressure'. They unfortunately wudn't know that it was reali due to a high dose of unbrindled HATRED and utter STU.PIDITY...

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by talktimi(m): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
honestly speaking, i dont understand why this administration is just handling projects up and down instead of ignoring them like previous administrations

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by dave07(m): 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nice development. Just looking forward to it stopping the custom &immigration from dipping hands into personal lugaggage in the name of searching and subjecting helpless travellers to frequent bag opening and closing. Like someone also noted, this is needed ASAP at the Arrival hall
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by specialguest(f): 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
dave07: Nice development. Just looking forward to it stopping the custom &immigration from dipping hands into personal lugaggage in the name of searching and subjecting helpless travellers to frequent bag opening and closing. Like someone also noted, this is needed ASAP at the Arrival hall

You are right, I find that highly inconsistent with global practice. I really wish they would install baggage scanners at the arrival halls s instead of subjecting travellers to cumbersome and some times annoying manual luggage checks.

#teamfreshair work in progess!
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by donttouch: 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
smartchoice: rubbish! not impressed

You dont have to be impressed: witches and wizards are not impressed by people's progress.

5 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by teejan: 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Akereconfi you are a grand ignoramus, are you the only one abroad? Idiot....because you wash cadavers abroad goat!
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by teejan: 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
@taharqa or taliban, you must be high on some cheap stuff....you come here and celebrate mediocrity, well you are a failure.fool!
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by oraclefemi(m): 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
It's like you guys haven't traveled before ..a guy you elected channels money to remodel an airport that still looks like a bus station una dey celebrate am ! The status of Nigeria deserves a world class airport and that rubbish there isn't even close to a bus station in toronto make to siddon somewhere . Go South Africa make we start from there . Dirty customs putting their hands inside your luggage at Muritala pisses me off . Get a darn machine !
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by ennecco: 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
job well done .
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by teejan: 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
@oraclefemi you have spoken well, not a fool that lives in hunger striken Hungary, even we wey we dey Germany no dey form,
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Olitz: 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
[quote author=Sincere 9gerian]
My brother, no be small thing. GEJ is busy cleaning the mess left behind by OBJ and co.
Imagine what has been achieved in recent years:
1. Nigeria is African Cup of Nations champion.
2. Nigeria is U-17 World Cup Champion
3. Nigeria is Mandela cup champion
4. Nigeria is the Catalonia Cup champion
5. Nigeria was elected as non-permanent member of United Nations security council.
6. Nigerian was elected as first black man to head ICAO
7. Nigerian was the Forbes African Person of the year 2013
8. Nigeria Petroleum Minister was elected first woman to head OPEC
9. Nigeria built her first made in Nigeria drone
And so and so forth.
[/quote

Do you have electricity supply in your house right now...cos I dont.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Sajio(m): 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thumbs Up,,,,,,, Gej @work!
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by akereconfi: 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
teejan: @Akereconfi you are a grand ignoramus, are you the only one abroad? Idiot....because you wash cadavers abroad goat!

E dey pain??

You still don't know me dude, am far from your reach.

YOU WISH
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Godson201333(m): 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
And does any one think this develop is gonna stop immigratiion,Ndlea and more from saying ""Oga Anything for us?""
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by InvertedHammer: 11:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
/

I like the letter written by OBJ.

Criticism like that is needed in a democratic dispensation to keep the leaders on their toes.

When everyone becomes "Alleluia boys/girls", nothing gets done

Now GEJ should know that all eyes are watching.

Perhaps, this may stir him to prove critics wrong by doing the right thing.

Just out of curiosity..when you people elected GEJ what was it that you elected him to do?

Why all these nonsensical celebration? Kinda nauseating if you ask me.

\
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by LiberateAfrica: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2013
Nigerians are gifted with stupidity and amnesia.Its really amazing!Politicians play you like toys and their calculations are always correct.Thesame stella odueh that used 250 million of your forefathers money on two cars was condemned a while ago.Of course in order for her blunders to be forgotten they put this bait and just like they calculated,she is now being praised.Just so you know jonathan will do all in his power to protect her because she helped his political campaign.The youth of this nation.Is it genes or they just embrace stupidity.Who will save these people...
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by ROCKJ1(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Goodluck should keep trying his best. He should work harder so as to put his enemies to shame, 2015 is around d corner. Pls give us light before then and my vote is yours.

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by simpleseyi: 6:29am On Dec 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: The price of EVERYTHING in EVERY market in EVERY country is ALWAYS increasing. It is called inflation. It is a NATURAL, PREDICTABLE, and DESIRABLE economic phenomenon, when kept in check.. DEFLATION on the other hand is suicidal to any economy and leads to SCARCITY and DEPRIVATION. Nigeria's current inflation rate is the most stable it has been in the last 50 years, showing good economic management.

This guy should be shot for committing crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by ifex370(m): 6:31am On Dec 24, 2013
one day all GEJ supporters and fanatics l wake up to the sudden realisation that they ve been fooled all this years by the most corrupt govt ever...

thank me later
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by ifex370(m): 6:36am On Dec 24, 2013
LiberateAfrica: Nigerians are gifted with stupidity and amnesia.Its really amazing!Politicians play you like toys and their calculations are always correct.Thesame stella odueh that used 250 million of your forefathers money on two cars was condemned a while ago.Of course in order for her blunders to be forgotten they put this bait and just like they calculated,she is now being praised.Just so you know jonathan will do all in his power to protect her because she helped his political campaign.The youth of this nation.Is it genes or they just embrace stupidity.Who will save these people...
help me tell them oooh...tiz all a mapped out stage performance,displayed to perfection...and here i was,thinking Nigerians were smarter than this..

gosh... that's why our leaders l keep washing majority of the population
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 24, 2013
oraclefemi: It's like you guys haven't traveled before ..a guy you elected channels money to remodel an airport that still looks like a bus station una dey celebrate am ! The status of Nigeria deserves a world class airport and that rubbish there isn't even close to a bus station in toronto make to siddon somewhere . Go South Africa make we start from there . Dirty customs putting their hands inside your luggage at Muritala pisses me off . Get a darn machine !
I don't why these bunch of foolish Nigerians can't see what you are saying or other before you.

Okay, make i rephrase am.

All GEJ supporters, it's not as if people who have commented before now are not happy with what GEJ has done, they simply mean that anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Don't you think it would be magnificent to be in an Airport that look like the ones found in places like South Africa, US, UK, Canada? Think people, think!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 24, 2013
LiberateAfrica: Nigerians are gifted with stupidity and amnesia.Its really amazing!Politicians play you like toys and their calculations are always correct.Thesame stella odueh that used 250 million of your forefathers money on two cars was condemned a while ago.Of course in order for her blunders to be forgotten they put this bait and just like they calculated,she is now being praised.Just so you know jonathan will do all in his power to protect her because she helped his political campaign.The youth of this nation.Is it genes or they just embrace stupidity.Who will save these people...
God bless you oooo. Kai! We are our own problems.... Our leaders are products of our thinking. Chai. This country is doomed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weak Naira Slows Down Japa Rate / Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) / Nigerian Man In France Calls The Police On His Fellow Nigerian (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.