Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) (24997 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by herbdull(m): 7:26am On Dec 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My brother, no be small thing. GEJ is busy cleaning the mess left behind by OBJ and co.
Imagine what has been achieved in recent years:
1. Nigeria is African Cup of Nations champion.
2. Nigeria is U-17 World Cup Champion
3. Nigeria is Mandela cup champion
4. Nigeria is the Catalonia Cup champion
5. Nigeria was elected as non-permanent member of United Nations security council.
6. Nigerian was elected as first black man to head ICAO
7. Nigerian was the Forbes African Person of the year 2013
8. Nigeria Petroleum Minister was elected first woman to head OPEC
9. Nigeria built her first made in Nigeria drone
And so and so forth.
1. Rilwanu Lukman was secretary of OPEC '95-2000.
2. Catalonia cup, Mandela cup achievement for GEJ Maybe you should remember we have always won the female nations cup and its been elusive since GEJ days
3. Our basketball team,and Athletics team is also on a downturn.
4. A drone is a flying unman jet, we didnt see GUPTA in flight?
Economy doesnt grow on paper and charts, OBJ's letter says it all.

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by CastleandGreen: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2013
bloggernaija: Looks no different to me.
Still the same 19th century bus station;
No ,
Bus stop.
If this is good enough for some ,
It is definitely not good enough for us.
With the kind of record revenues being earned by the federal government ,
ALL WE GOT IS A SHODDY AND CHEAP REPAIRS
THE FEDRAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD JUST GET OUT OF THE SW AND HANDOVER ALL THE EXCLUSIVE LIST ITEMS BACK.
It is only when the SW leader does it that it is good, don‘t worry one day we will set you people ablaze.

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by CastleandGreen: 8:31am On Dec 24, 2013
herbdull:
1. Rilwanu Lukman was secretary of OPEC '95-2000.
2. Catalonia cup, Mandela cup achievement for GEJ Maybe you should remember we have always won the female nations cup and its been elusive since GEJ days
3. Our basketball team,and Athletics team is also on a downturn.
4. A drone is a flying unman jet, we didnt see GUPTA in flight?
Economy doesnt grow on paper and charts, OBJ's letter says it all.
Clown in your locality where you stay, what have you done? Please do something positive with your life.
GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by LajaLaba: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2013
CastleandGreen:
Clown in your locality where you stay, what have you done? Please do something positive with your life.
GEJ till 2019.
Who is this one?
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by SuyaEater(m): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2013
oraclefemi: It's like you guys haven't traveled before ..a guy you elected channels money to remodel an airport that still looks like a bus station una dey celebrate am ! The status of Nigeria deserves a world class airport and that rubbish there isn't even close to a bus station in toronto make to siddon somewhere . Go South Africa make we start from there . Dirty customs putting their hands inside your luggage at Muritala pisses me off . Get a darn machine !

So many ignorant people posting, what do you expect.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by trendytrendz: 9:46am On Dec 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: The price of EVERYTHING in EVERY market in EVERY country is ALWAYS increasing. It is called inflation. It is a NATURAL, PREDICTABLE, and DESIRABLE economic phenomenon, when kept in check.. DEFLATION on the other hand is suicidal to any economy and leads to SCARCITY and DEPRIVATION. Nigeria's current inflation rate is the most stable it has been in the last 50 years, showing good economic management.
while the "steady" inflation rate as advertised is commendable..it should go in tandem with increase in income and revenue earned by the general populace but the reverse is the case. Jobs are reducing, people are getting sacked, even the ones that have jobs are having salaries cut..so how do you xpect people to survive? Note..A million plus graduates enter the labour market each yeaR. So all these "positives" this present government are touting do not positively affect the common man, only the middle class and upper, that's why the rich keep getting richer
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2013
No big deal about the new terminal, i used it on Saturday! nothing spectacular, same design like the old one!and stupid customs begging for bribe because it's a new terminal embarassed embarassed smh for those praising them for the crap, people even have to hang around, not enough chair,the roof/ceiling or whatever they call it looks kinda rusty too!
Awon ole! God is watching you all and will repay you according to what you've done for this country angry angry angry
P.s those pix are just the custom area, won ti fi bread ko won lobe je!
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by adadadon(m): 9:58am On Dec 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My brother, no be small thing. GEJ is busy cleaning the mess left behind by OBJ and co.
Imagine what has been achieved in recent years:
1. Nigeria is African Cup of Nations champion.
2. Nigeria is U-17 World Cup Champion
3. Nigeria is Mandela cup champion
4. Nigeria is the Catalonia Cup champion
5. Nigeria was elected as non-permanent member of United Nations security council.
6. Nigerian was elected as first black man to head ICAO
7. Nigerian was the Forbes African Person of the year 2013
8. Nigeria Petroleum Minister was elected first woman to head OPEC
9. Nigeria built her first made in Nigeria drone
And so and so forth.
he rang the bell at new York stock exchange
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by GentleFrank(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Good !
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by mrjingles(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2013
This will give some relief before the all new terminal is ready. This is a stop gap arrangement gentlemen so don't go overboard in your praise or criticism.Its a good thing no doubt.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2013
aanumama: No big deal about the new terminal, i used it on Saturday! nothing spectacular, same design like the old one!and stupid customs begging for bribe because it's a new terminal embarassed embarassed smh for those praising them for the crap, people even have to hang around, not enough chair,the roof/ceiling or whatever they call it looks kinda rusty too!
Awon ole! God is watching you all and will repay you according to what you've done for this country angry angry angry
As you can see, hateful goats and implacably bitter tribal bigots like you are now in the minority.

2 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
As you can see, hateful goats and implacably bitter tribal bigots like you are now in the minority.

the way you go about issues concerning GEJ is really repulsive. I am not against supporting him but then we should also accord credence to good work not substand.

The MMA is an INTERNATIONAL airport for christ sake. Why not make it look like heaven on earth? Why not give it the same aesthetic appeal that is obtainable in countries like US,Canada or South Africa?

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. The funds are available... SPEND the damn money!
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Validated: 10:43am On Dec 24, 2013
rusher14: Wow!

To think i was there last Friday (20/12/2013) and it was same ol' same ol'.

The report says this all happened on the 21st.

I would like to believe this transformation took place over a 12hr. period.

Now, that would be remarkable. grin

Truth is you were NOT there! I was particularly amazed at the transformation as I passed there on 21/12/2013. Guy I passed through Heathrow, Pearson in Toronto, there is practically not much difference. We have actually grown in this area. Truth be told, I saw for the first time in my life an organized immigration process at MMIA. Fantastic! Someone else commended the transformation while on queue.
Please visit the place, unfortunately except you are traveling out, you cannot cross the gate. The tiling are all granite and marble with fine sculptures. My only fear is maintenance but as for improvement, this is G O O D ! The shop are being made to international standards.
If you have not been out there do not jus post nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
trendytrendz: while the "steady" inflation rate as advertised is commendable..it should go in tandem with increase in income and revenue earned by the general populace but the reverse is the case. Jobs are reducing, people are getting sacked, even the ones that have jobs are having salaries cut..so how do you xpect people to survive? Note..A million plus graduates enter the labour market each yeaR. So all these "positives" this present government are touting do not positively affect the common man, only the middle class and upper, that's why the rich keep getting richer
Where is your research to show "lack of increase in income and revenue" and "jobs reducing" etc...etc... Oh let me guess. You've conducted absolutely ZERO empirical research but are merely reciting tired old stereotypes and conclusions from your lazy head. Real statistics on the other hand, show a clear rise in income per capita over the last few years, thus negating your unresearched declarations.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
2s£xy:

the way you go about issues concerning GEJ is really repulsive. I am not against supporting him but then we should also accord credence to good work not substand.

The MMA is an INTERNATIONAL airport for christ sake. Why not make it look like heaven on earth? Why not give it the same aesthetic appeal that is obtainable in countries like US,Canada or South Africa?

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. The funds are available... SPEND the damn money!
Thank goodness we no longer have people like you in office in Africa. More concerned with prestige projects due to your inferiority complex, than with meaningful, beneficial projects that will benefit the majority. You want a JFK airport in Nigeria that would cost several billions of dollars to build, and several billions of dollars per annum to maintain. Thoughtful people in govt however, see more sense in using those funds to upgrade our roads, rail, health and education, which is exactly what they are doing. And kudos to them.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
Validated:

Truth is you were NOT there! I was particularly amazed at the transformation as I passed there on 21/12/2013. Guy I passed through Heathrow, Pearson in Toronto, there is practically not much difference. We have actually grown in this area. Truth be told, I saw for the first time in my life an organized immigration process at MMIA. Fantastic! Someone else commended the transformation while on queue.
Please visit the place, unfortunately except you are traveling out, you cannot cross the gate. The tiling are all granite and marble with fine sculptures. My only fear is maintenance but as for improvement, this is G O O D ! The shop are being made to international standards.
If you have not been out there do not jus post nonsense.
There are actually people here who are being sponsored to tell blatant lies against the govt's work. So don't be surprised by his fabrications.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
apoti:

And the price of garri in the market keeps increasing undecided
Na lie, it is reducing, the price of one paint bucket is now N450 in Ogba and Woji as against N500 prior.
Now you'll come and tell me 'it's just a mere N50k... Shame on you all.
GEJ till 2019 - shikena

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: Thank goodness we no longer have people like you in office in Africa. More concerned with prestige projects due to your inferiority complex, than with meaningful, beneficial projects that will benefit the majority. You want a JFK airport in Nigeria that would cost several billions of dollars to build, and several billions of dollars per annum to maintain. Thoughtful people in govt however, see more sense in using those funds to upgrade our roads, rail, health and education, which is exactly what they are doing. And kudos to them.
you see your reasoning? But it is good when such monies are embezzled, right?

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by AjanleKoko: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
aanumama: No big deal about the new terminal, i used it on Saturday! nothing spectacular, same design like the old one!and stupid customs begging for bribe because it's a new terminal embarassed embarassed smh for those praising them for the crap, people even have to hang around, not enough chair,the roof/ceiling or whatever they call it looks kinda rusty too!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, friend.
Passed through there on Sunday night, and the improvement is beyond remarkable, considering where we are coming from.
The screening wait can take all of two hours, but on Sunday, I only spent 8 minutes.
To crown it all, we finally have just one officer attending to each passenger, not the usual two. Very impressive, and thumbs up to FAAN and the current minister. In more than two decades, we have not seen the likes of what has been done in airport facility renovation. Easy to downplay everything as we always do in Nigeria, but since most of us are not able or competent to do better if they were put in those positions, people need to dial it down jare.

Of course there was the usual ragging by the officials (hardly surprising since that one is hardwired into our collective DNA embarassed) But that should not detract from the very welcome facility improvement. My two cents.

2 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
2s£xy:
you see your reasoning? But it is good when such monies are embezzled, right?
If you have proof of ''such monies'' being embezzled, what are you still doing on nairaland? You don't know the road to EFCC office?

2 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by ceevin: 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
GOOD JOB MR PRESIDENT

2 Likes

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by emmaelectelect(m): 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
talktimi: The sadists will soon arrive
FFK guns and House-of-Reps committe that also supervised FFK era pls comment, also premium times can never report this one, less i forget sahara reporters, TVC, LTV, radio continental etc please we need ur honest comments. please start with what FFK cannot do Oduagate has ......

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by emmaelectelect(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
LiberateAfrica: Nigerians are gifted with stupidity and amnesia.Its really amazing!Politicians play you like toys and their calculations are always correct.Thesame stella odueh that used 250 million of your forefathers money on two cars was condemned a while ago.Of course in order for her blunders to be forgotten they put this bait and just like they calculated,she is now being praised.Just so you know jonathan will do all in his power to protect her because she helped his political campaign.The youth of this nation.Is it genes or they just embrace stupidity.Who will save these people...
FFK that did not steal anything in ur view has no such achievement, can u please ask him where is the avaition intervention funds

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by LiberateAfrica: 1:20am On Dec 25, 2013
emmaelectelect: FFK that did not steal anything in ur view has no such achievement, can u please ask him where is the avaition intervention funds
I'm not here to probe all the wasteful public office holders.I'm asking why nigerians are not asking more questions.Why they seem satisfied when fed lies and used.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Tintinix: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2013
dont-touch:

You dont have to be impressed: witches and wizards are not impressed by people's progress.

Hahahahahaha!!!
True oh! These people have black hearts!

1 Like

Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by babaowambe: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
very good ,more progress to naija
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by mbulela: 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, friend.
Passed through there on Sunday night, and the improvement is beyond remarkable, considering where we are coming from.
The screening wait can take all of two hours, but on Sunday, I only spent 8 minutes.
To crown it all, we finally have just one officer attending to each passenger, not the usual two. Very impressive, and thumbs up to FAAN and the current minister. In more than two decades, we have not seen the likes of what has been done in airport facility renovation. Easy to downplay everything as we always do in Nigeria, but since most of us are not able or competent to do better if they were put in those positions, people need to dial it down jare.

Of course there was the usual ragging by the officials (hardly surprising since that one is hardwired into our collective DNA embarassed) But that should not detract from the very welcome facility improvement. My two cents.
Before you congratulate madam minister finish,come and see the departure lounge that was commissioned in PH roughly 3 weeks ago. The restrooms are flooded and the WCs are broken. Meanwhile work has long stopped on the arrival part. This renovation has gone on for over 18 months. How difficult can it be to renovate arrival and depature lounges of airport? Ano na new airport dem dey build?
The overwhelming mediocrity in service delivery is gut wrenching.
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 26, 2013
ROSSIKE: If you have proof of ''such monies'' being embezzled, what are you still doing on nairaland? You don't know the road to EFCC office?
I guess your blind to read news of government stealing money earmarked for projects...
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 26, 2013
mbulela:
Before you congratulate madam minister finish,come and see the departure lounge that was commissioned in PH roughly 3 weeks ago. The restrooms are flooded and the WCs are broken. Meanwhile work has long stopped on the arrival part. This renovation has gone on for over 18 months. How difficult can it be to renovate arrival and depature lounges of airport? Ano na new airport dem dey build?
ah... Thank you. You dey mind dem?
Re: Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) by AjanleKoko: 8:10am On Dec 26, 2013
mbulela:

Then we'll criticize her for that na.
Where we see good job, we commend. Where we see bad job, we criticize. And when we see corruption, we call for appropriate sanctions wink
Her good job on the Lagos terminal is not a get-out-of-jail-free card, not in my books.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) / Bank With Fastest 'form A ' School Fees Payment / Nigerian Man In France Calls The Police On His Fellow Nigerian (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.