Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,258 members, 7,849,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar (14214 Views)

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 – Registrar / ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by odizeey(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
samobaba: unilorin students I like to correct a notion someone told that unilorin did not join the just suspended strike.
cant get u, plls tk it again
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by isaajibola(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
If it is sending assignment from home, many skuls in NIGERIA re doin dat. Even u can't attend sum class if u don't av system. If u want to confirm it well, ask UNILAG, OAU, UI student weda dey re nt doin assignment online and send it to dia lecturers. Wen dey re shoutin abt ASUU! ASUU STRIKE, wat has ASUU strike benefit dose. D most important tin is d facilities dey av. Wen. Dey re shoutin abt dis, wat of Nigerian private universities! 95% of private universities lecturer nd student already av it. UNILORIN jst lyk to dey brag too much. D gud development dia is dat, d skul provide system for all dia student nd lecturers.

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by kzzyjoe(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
This one no be news! My school dey use the system for years back. U do assignment & write exam via the Internet & Intranet and see ur score instanta no go come. National Open University of Nigeria, Greatest & Best University in Nigeria. Up (NOUN)
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by jibbzion(m): 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
4real247: Wow....this is highly commendable considering the fact that it's a public school.

POC, it's not a "public school", it's a federal institution.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by ezeama1010(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
I knw wat most students are capable of doin wit a constant internet connection. 90 per cent of d time on facebook, 6 percent on nairaland and mayb d remainin 4 percent committed to google-based research.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Maximus85(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Abeg how much is their school fees? And are there just 25,000 students in the school? I'm seriously thinking of getting my second degree from Unilorin.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Maximus85(m): 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Maximus85: Abeg how much is their school fees? And are there just 25,000 students in the school? I'm seriously thinking of getting my second degree from Unilorin.

So na even college of education? Abeg I pass.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by ceejayluv(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Chemiefatie: Good initiative. But wont this breed room for laziness among the lecturers? And again, some students may abuse the opportunity and use the ipad for non-educational purposes.
Universities ought to be "avant garde" by nature. such policies ought to have been on for years now cos anybody could send assignment via emails without importing iPads. I guess why they had to buy the gadgets was for the students and lecturers not to have any excuses. It's the 21st century, Africa can't keep on with "siddon look" attitude when even high schools in other continents have gotten high tech.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by enginexy10(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
this is my skool ..all the way unilorin remain one of the best..unilorin will get dre...and again for those with parochial minds,the article said this innovative is purely for assignments nt for lecturing..pls try n read over and over again we understand that many nigerians are too lazy to digest a simple info....unilorin 09..mech engr
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by hamsky: 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is very commendable for a Nigerian university like Unilorin and I think it is a good step towards establishing the 'MOOCs (massive open online courses) movement' here in Nigeria like other top universities around the world have already done. I was part of research group that analysed the online education tools used by Newcastle university and we made note of numerous things to improve teaching and learning - which has so far been implemented.
Personally I think online education is revolutionising the way we learn. However I think the idea of giving out free Ipads to students is not a good strategy - for a couple of reasons. One, it is quite expensive to implement such strategy over a long period of time, hence the money used in buying these tablets could be used to upgrade the university's current internet infrastructure - thus improving reliability and speed because these are very key in successfully providing a good online education system. The money could also be used to establish a completely wireless Campus to allow students gain access to online resources easily. Also, due the fact that Ipads have limited functionality (i.e. cannot be used as a replacement for laptop computers) I think a better device alternative would've been notebook computers which cost less than Ipads and allow better productivity for its user.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by shadelek(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: opon imo!

gringringrin
Opon imo to sure..... I rep State of virtue
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
taharqa: Do they have a functional Broadband already laid in that University??
Yes Sire we do,and its Badasssssss... Download Speeds of up to 5MB/s, That I've seen,night Users probably get higher Speeds.

I rep UniLAWrin.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by tohirah(f): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Repping Better By Far Uni
Repping Faculty of CIS
Repping Dept of CSC

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by nawtikid(m): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
isaajibola: Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.
xo wat exactly z ur point
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by NaLaugh: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alikaxon: How could fynestboi close my own with "source" attarched? There is no source in this one and u think its best fp worthy? Anyway, I don't think am bordered, cox am not expecting any award or food from my topic being on fp. I only protested cox I detest prejudice, and I can always stand firmly and boldly to depricate what is depricable as long as my point is tenable. Cheers!!!

chairman, you sure say u no vex?, coz the grammar for your last sentence na Obahiagbon & Court of Law approved o!. cheesy
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by NaLaugh: 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
jibbzion:

POC, it's not a "public school", it's a federal institution.

same difference
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Dammysmart: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Im xo embitterd abt aw sum pple jst talk, first wat do u knw abt d skul, r u a student, b4 u talk inquire, 4 God sake d skul internet conectn is 'wow' all over d campus anywhr, u search nd c tnz lyk 'auditorium1' 'arena' anytn its everywhr, d skul is planin on revitalisatn nd restructure, instead 4 u 2 aprec8 d innovative u're there condemnin nd criticisn, 4 ur info unilorin started the use of computers 4 exam in nigeria even b4 private skuls, and again sophisticated 'id cards the first in nigeria tho covenant launched theirs a week b4 ours, and here we are again about i-pad initiative the first 2 begin it alxo, tel me wch of ur skuls gave i pad 2 their students despite d high skul fee, our fee was increasd frm 35k to 64800 or 70k at most and our V.C gave reason, av ur vc done such? And 2 mr noun i reserve ma coment cos m stil talkn wt fed uni students nt home skul students lyk u, do u tink noun is a sch? A skul open 2 any1 anyhow, mstcheeeew, i rep ma grt alma mater UNILORIN, department of HISTORY AND INT'L STUDIES, We're aiming to be d best in Africa and we'll b, fellow unilorites can i c u rep us!

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by spenca: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: opon imo!

gringringrin

You are looking at the right place
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by dohiswill: 2:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
isaajibola: Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.
you be bad belle o.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by pelhurmy(m): 2:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Mehn....Unilorin....I rep Better By Far...
I can see some beefers are saying different things about the initiative...lol...Its a normal thing to do!
No strike,yet we are setting the pace in terms of new ideas.
When ASUU strike started,ASUU chairman was complaining that there are no foreign lecturers/students in public schools because there is no facility..
I've just spent 2mnths in beta by far,two foreign lecturers(a prof and a Dr) hv teached me,foreign students all over d skl....d least lecturer that has tot me is a Phd holder....
I'm not saying thats d most wonderful thing cos nfn is rili special in it...But at least,i knw its against what ASUU chairman said they were fighting for....Well,no wonder Unilorin doesnt join d meaningless strike actions!
Multifunctional ID Card(Id card+Atm card+Secutiy Card) is another initiative.....
In my Faculty,students dnt write on paper to sign attendance for lectures....They use biometrics!!.
Unilorin...ride on,let others follow!!!
C mumu,2 lecturers av "teached" me...and ur supposed 2 b an undergraduate? SMH 4 U
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by NeuroBoss(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dear Unilorin, thanks for making the 5 years I spent in you a strike-free, disciplined-filled and violence free. You have pioneered great strides that others though imitators, are yet to fully grasp. I and other alumni of yours are very proud of you. I'm definitely coming back. No school does it better than you. Probitas Doctrina...léyìn Ìlorin, kòsí fásítì(varsity)
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Acecube(m): 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
Unilorin- better by far- i don't need to argue with perenial whiners because the difference is clear. You speak against the initiatives yet you can't point out one good thing that has come out of your ASUU-remoted school. Keep on whining, while we keep on setting the pace. It is only the wise that knows when to criticize, in the same vain give kudos when due.

Irepthebetterbyfarinstitutionunilorin
Haterscan'tdonadalikedeybefanofbuari

#In love peace and harmony,
we shall build a tower,
Unilorin hear the clarion call....#

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Profswot: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
^^^
Thanks or that@acecube...
Leave den,let dem continue to argue blindly....
And or those talking because HESJAY said 'teached':..na mumu all o u be o...u shld knw its jst a mistake n no one is above that!
Hesjay has bn a popular figure in education section n everyone is aware of his excellent usage of good n simple english,so its jst a mistake!...He's even a journalist in his skl...!
Chai....Way to travel section..some pple think dey are wise for banning me,..me don open new account

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by tolukatey(f): 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
I rep Unilorin
Nyc concept, thumbs up to d VC
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
To say u guys did nt see dat i used 'tot(taught,shortened)' just after i used 'teached' means u r glorious critics...or shld i say Teachers?
You shld knw its a mistake...
Nigerians and dis our attitude of seeing only mistakes...God go save us o
Dr.'Hesjay:
Mehn....Unilorin....I rep Better By Far...
I can see some beefers are saying different things about the initiative...lol...Its a normal thing to do!
No strike,yet we are setting the pace in terms of new ideas.
When ASUU strike started,ASUU chairman was complaining that there are no foreign lecturers/students in public schools because there is no facility..
I've just spent 2mnths in beta by far,two foreign lecturers(a prof and a Dr) hv teached me,foreign students all over d skl....d least lecturer that has tot me is a Phd holder....
Unilorin...ride on,let others follow!!!

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
I can bet my life,this's Paul...Guy,how far na?
Profswot: ^^^
Thanks or that@acecube...
Leave den,let dem continue to argue blindly....
And or those talking because HESJAY said 'teached':..na mumu all o u be o...u shld knw its jst a mistake n no one is above that!
Hesjay has bn a popular figure in education section n everyone is aware of his excellent usage of good n simple english,so its jst a mistake!...He's even a journalist in his skl...!
Chai....Way to travel section..some pple think dey are wise for banning me,..me don open new account
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Akinsete19(m): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
em 'u are funny oo'. Who dash unilag best in law?
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Profswot: 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lol,is it because i mentioned journalism?
Dr.'Hesjay:
I can bet my life,this's Paul...Guy,how far na?
Na me o..lng time....UI did clearance last week...
Send me your new number.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by justyinka(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
unilorin management you are making us proud
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by karferguso(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Na wen Unilorin's invention gts to f.p pple go knw say na deir schl first do Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ.....abeg bad belle stop hatn#probitas doctrina#better by far ni faaaAa
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by fattbabakay(m): 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
***tongue out***dey deceive urselves...25,000 mini ipadsna 25,000 students dey d skul

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University / No Evidence Of Full Vaccination No Entry To Our Facility - JAMB / Agbami Scholarship Result List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.