Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

God So Loved The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God So Loved The World (525 Views)

And God So Loved The World, That He... / For God So Loved The World??? Casting Down False Imaginations / Michael Faraday Believed In GOD, So Why Do Atheists Use Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God So Loved The World by PstWoleSoetan(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2 Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Dec 22, 2013

GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

The past tense "loved" is used deliberately to emphasize the fact that God didn't just start loving the world today, He has always loved and will always love the world. It would have been understandable had the bible said God loves the people who love Him back; those who are living good lives, the righteous and heaven bound people. However, we are told that our Holy God loves those who are next to nothing - He loves the world. The world speaks of the systematized operation of the devil. Thus, He loves you regardless of who you are - a drug addict, a murderer, thief, liar, etc.

We are celebrating this season because God chose not to stay back in heaven but to step in the ranks of flesh to save you and I. Imagine where we would be today had God not sent Jesus to the world. I don't know about you but I am glad that Jesus was sent into the world.

Someone once asked me an intelligent question. He said "You say God is God all by Himself, why then did He have to create people?". God created us all because God is love and love is expressive and is best demonstrated toward an object.

I am so grateful that Jesus was born and that He died for us even when we were lost in sin and far from Him. It is even possible that you have never had a relationship with God or that your relationship with God has grown cold. Well, this is the best opportunity to begin to build a relationship with God. It would be unfortunate if you were to celebrate Christmas without truly understanding its import.

Jesus died to give us a purpose to live and we celebrate Christmas to extend that reason to live to other people.

CONFESSION: I have everlasting life.

Prayer: I no longer struggle with the things I struggled with by the power in the name of Jesus!

FURTHER STUDY: 2 Cor 5:21

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Is Idolatrous, Don't Celebrate It ––pastor Kumuyi / Ingredients Of A P.imp Preacher? You Are What You Eat / Cheerful Or Tearful Giving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.