Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,114 members, 7,845,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

"I Was A Christian For 25 Years." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." (815 Views)

I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith / Logicboy Was A Christian For 22 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33am On Dec 23, 2013
Someone Said: "I was a Christian for 25 years."

Response:

During your time as a Christian, did you know the Lord? If you say that you did know Him, you are admitting that God is real. If you say that you thought you did, then you didn’t, and you were never a Christian. You faked it all that time. But you are not alone. Many, if not most atheists have had false conversions and that’s why they are so adamantly anti-Christian. They heard a false gospel that said that Jesus gives joy and peace and fixes problems, and when what they think is Christianity didn’t deliver the promised goods, they became disillusioned and often bitter.

Watch --> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

2 Likes

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Someone Said: "I was a Christian for 25 years."

Response:

During your time as a Christian, did you know the Lord? If you say that you did know Him, you are admitting that God is real. If you say that you thought you did, then you didn’t, and you were never a Christian. You faked it all that time. But you are not alone. Many, if not most atheists have had false conversions and that’s why they are so adamantly anti-Christian. They heard a false gospel that said that Jesus gives joy and peace and fixes problems, and when what they think is Christianity didn’t deliver the promised goods, they became disillusioned and often bitter.

Watch --> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Very... a false gospel is a gospel that says Christians would not suffer trials, persecution and temptations, That Christ has suffered it and you do not need to suffer anything. A demonic lie really.
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

During your time as a Christian, did you know the Lord? If you say that you did know Him, you are admitting that God is real.
Did you once believe in willy willy, Santa Clause, monsters in your cupboard? Have you ever believed in a lie?
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Bidam:

Very... a false gospel is a gospel that says Christians would not suffer trials, persecution and temptations, That Christ has suffered it and you do not need to suffer anything. A demonic lie really.

Spot on brother. That is why we have those who believed alluring television advertisements and joined the navy so as to see the world; and what did they see? They saw the sea . . . and found nothing but hard work. "Yes, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12).
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by PastorOluT(m): 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Bidam: Very... a false gospel is a gospel that says Christians would not suffer trials, persecution and temptations, That Christ has suffered it and you do not need to suffer anything. A demonic lie really.

Yeah bro, bt truth be told many that came to Christ came 'cos of one thing or the other. But as many as wait n tarry in Christ, grow in His knowledge n love for Him, and eventually discovering the reality of the scripture 2Timothy 3:12
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
aManFromMars:

Did you once believe in willy willy, Santa Clause, monsters in your cupboard? Have you ever believed in a lie?

Belief is different from knowing. If you are married can you then "unknow" you wife?

2 Likes

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Belief is different from knowing. If you are married can you then "unknow" you wife?
Equating beliefs with marriage? Really. Your cartoon seem more intelligent than you. undecided

1 Like

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
aManFromMars:

Equating beliefs with marriage? Really. Your cartoon seem more intelligent than you. undecided

You don't have to believe that you are married you will know that you are married. The same goes with God. You don't need faith to know God exists you can detect that by physical observance.

With my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder.

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know more about God you need faith based on His Word and World.

3 Likes

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
aManFromMars:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
aManFromMars:

rationalmind:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes, like this one that shows how you evolved from apes. undecided

1 Like

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, like this one that shows how you evolved from apes. undecided
Hehehehehe..Rational mind reasoning from a man from mars..

Maybe mars is a planet of the apes..Have you watched the movie sir?

Merry Christmas bro...cheesy
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years." by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Bidam:

Hehehehehe..Rational mind reasoning from a man from mars..

Maybe mars is a planet of the apes..Have you watched the movie sir?

Merry Christmas bro...cheesy

Don't mind them. Merry Christmas my broda. wink

(1) (Reply)

Easier way to complete 100 DAYS FASTING.. / What If Adam Did Not Eat That Fruit? / I Kept My Virginity, But Not My Purity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.