Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? (1655 Views)

TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by 24in7: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
[s]poverty metal..ty[/s] lipsrsealed
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by uboma(m): 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
ignis: The op is lying... He just sat down and fabricate this story, just to make a ridicule of the church.

What proof do you have that the op fabricated the story? And what is it about ridiculing a Church? He didn't even mention the Church in question and moreover the op is a Christian himself, so why will he just sit down and come up with this story if it didn't really happen?
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
cold: @op,your brother should approach his pastor and explain the situation to him.The tithe has been nullified with the recent turn of events.If his pastor declines to refund the money or give him some excuse like 'God will provide an alternative' ,'i'll be praying for you' or some other inane excuses they come up with,it will only confirm what we already know.Whilst i don't intend to get into the religious debate,I can't help but wonder at the peculiarities of some these beliefs.Does god have a bank account?

Thank u sir. Will keep posted as events unfold.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ralphjoe: Heheheheheheheh, what a funny thread, op tell that your bro to go & meet his pastor, he has every right to make that move, if he refuses, then come & meet us for further advice... Datz all

Thanks. Will keep posted as event unfolds
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
ignis: The op is lying... He just sat down and fabricate this story, just to make a ridicule of the church.

Believe it or not, the story remains what it was meant for when posted.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by hercules07: 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
He can not get the tithe back, what he should do is refund the 800K and deduct the 80K from subsequent tithes.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by dorox(m): 12:45am On Dec 24, 2013
The story seems quite plausible, even if it never hapened, it is the kind of scenarion one who is intellectually invested in that belief system Would ponder over for a resolution.
But your peanut size brain is only capable of an emotional driven response.

6 Likes

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2013
dorox:
The story seems quite plausible, even if it never hapened, it is the kind of scenarion one who is intellectually invested in that belief system Would ponder over for a resolution.

Brutality!!!
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by ignis: 8:40am On Dec 24, 2013
dorox:
Sorry, I would have loved to give you a reply but I don't reply minors, bastards and less priviledged ....
Your reply shows that you lack access to good parental care and quality education.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2013
grin grin grin been laughing all along. Since the devourer wasn't rebuked, the tithe should be refunded ASAP
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by truthislight: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
Acidosis: I know the mods would soon place this garbage on front page just to further ridicule the Church of God.

Nope!

Fraudstars are rediculling themself and not True christianity.

The parkaging of true christianity can not be reproached
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by truthislight: 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
lynpetra:

The pastor go shock o

Who cares!

The bible tithe was farm produce and not money.

When tithe was done by the Jews, it was impossible for this rubbish to happend, cause it was what you have gotten from the Ground 100% sure that was call for as tithe.

But he that oversteps God's commandments should be ready to bear the consequences.

The provision for biblical tithing was perfect with no room for reproach.

Let this liars keep showing what they are by their fruitage.

1 Like

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by truthislight: 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2013

Sharrap!

How do you know he is lying ?

Do you live in the same house with him ?
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
chimkaire: cheesy undecided lipsrsealed grin grin ;DU got receipt, right? By all means, go ahead. Or unleash the creditors on the Church

Receipt? Do they give receipt when paying tithes?
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
abbeyty: Did your brother collect his tithe receipt ? if yes he can still get a refund

Do they give receipt when paying tithe?
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by ignis: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
truthislight:

Sharrap!

How do you know he is lying ?

Do you live in the same house with him ?
Where is this thing from?
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by truthislight: 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
ignis:
Where is this thing from?

Is your husband a pastor ?

Do you survive on tithe money ?

Why are you accusing someone without evidence ?

Fraudulent people hate the truth since they thrive in darkness and deceits.

You cannot like people like me, i dont wish to endose lies and exploitations.

Kindly go get a job or you learn a craft so that you can be employed, then you can decently have enough for yourself and can give from your hard work to others.

Jesus was a carpenter.
Peter fisher man.
Paul tenth maker.

But your pastors work is pastor, na so ?

See:

"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;" (1 Thessalonians 4:11).

That ^ is the instructions for all christians.

That you like to be deceived or rather you and your pastor husband maybe exploiting people is not the way of true christianity.

This reproached on this thread is on your head.

I await your reply please.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by macof(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Acidosis: You see, its funny...

Your bro walked down to church to drop his tithe. Pastor didn't come to his house to force the tithe out of his pocket, so why the demand for a refund?

Be sincere with yourself, when you give to anyone, needy, poor, friends, do you go back for a refund?

Keep on with the ridicule

So when it comes to refund, tithe is free-giving
But when you don't pay it becomes robbing (Christian)God. Smh

Abegi u better stop being hypocritical
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by dorox(m): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
macof:

So when it comes to refund, tithe is free-giving
But when you don't pay it becomes robbing (Christian)God. Smh

Abegi u better stop being hypocritical
I would truly be interested to hear the views of a tithe proponent concerning the op story while addressing the quote above.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophecies About The Birth Of Olumba Olumba Obu By Prophetess Otom: Part 1 / A Curious Calculation = 666 / Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.