Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? (1649 Views)

Let Allah And Yahweh Do The Fighting..christians Nd Muslims Chill / Men Of God Whose Prophecies Failed In The Year 2016 / 8 Great Lessons From 8 Great Men Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 3:17am On Feb 14, 2016
I've looked at a few different versions of the Bible, and I'm stumped.

Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 21:1)

2 Samuel 24New International Version (NIV)

David Enrolls the Fighting Men
24 Again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.”

1 Chronicles 21:1New International Version (NIV)

David Counts the Fighting Men
21 Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 3:18am On Feb 14, 2016
nasiayam:

24 Again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.”

+1 waiting with baited breath
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by orisa37: 5:38am On Feb 14, 2016
There is Faith and spite ; Good and evil in all of us. That's why we are made in the Image of IT (God, The Spirit), Who made us.. Our Nature harbours Three very distinct spirits, that of actions, interactions and MoveOns. Each and all of these are safe, secured and successful in Prayers. Pray always that you may not enter into temptation. In fear of this awesomeness of God, the Roman Catholics always make the sign of the Cross before they burn any calories of theirs. Prayer is the Key and Solutions to serve the Pleasure of God and do His Will in our lives. In other words, anger is satanic(evil) and since this came directly from God and in our nature as humans, David needed Prayer to get further messages from the Goodness of God to cool His Anger

1 Like

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 5:39am On Feb 14, 2016
Bueller? ...Bueller? ...Bueller?
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 14, 2016
Sometimes Yahweh and Satan trade places. They are twin demons created by Abraham.

3 Likes

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by Karlovich: 5:56am On Feb 14, 2016
Op just wait, the faithful ones will soon bring out their e-swords to attack u for blasphemy

1 Like

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by orisa37: 6:45am On Feb 14, 2016
Anger of God in 2nd Samuel equals Satan in 1st Chronicle. This means that anger is evil in God and in us, who are made in the nature of God. Jesus used the spirit when He ordered Judas to go and do what he had to do. God was in Heaven in the Old Testament, so we don't know how He reconciled with Uncle David. Jesus Christ, as God on earth, went straight to pray to reconcile the annoying spirit in Him with His Sceptre of Righteousness. And so God ordered David not incite David. Jesus Christ ordered Judas not incite. They both acted in Anger. Jesus, as it is in the New Testament completed the circle with Prayer. Prayer is the Solution in all circumstances to change all evil and worry in us to good and peace that Christianity is preaching. Buhari s CHANGE isn't to divide Nigeria into N and S Islam and Christians but to provide good and peace in progress and development for all , Nigerians. We are praying that he may overcome the ANGER OF GOD in bokoharam and currency devaluation plaguing Nigeria presently.

1 Like

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 6:54am On Feb 14, 2016
orisa37:
Anger of God in 2nd Samuel equals Satan in 1st Chronicle. This means that anger is evil in God and in us, who are made in the nature of God. Jesus used the spirit when He ordered Judas to go and do what he had to do. God was in Heaven in the Old Testament, so we don't know how He reconciled with Uncle David. Jesus Christ, as God on earth, went straight to pray to reconcile the annoying spirit in Him with His Sceptre of Righteousness. And so God ordered David not incite David. Jesus Christ ordered Judas not incite. They both acted in Anger. Jesus, as it is in the New Testament completed the circle with Prayer. Prayer is the Solution in all circumstances to change all evil and worry in us to good and peace that Christianity is preaching. Buhari s CHANGE isn't to divide Nigeria into N and S Islam and Christians but to provide good and peace in progress and development for all , Nigerians. We are praying that he may overcome the ANGER OF GOD in bokoharam and currency devaluation plaguing Nigeria presently.

The following verses are really stumping me.

In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 7:22am On Feb 14, 2016
Looked at several versions can't be a typo...
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by malvisguy212: 8:47am On Feb 14, 2016
nasiayam:

this happened toward the end of David reign in isreal, David was looking at his achievement and success rather than the mercy of God. So God wanted to bring David to his knell, God has already warn David not to numbers isreal in chronicles:

Chronicles 21:3
But Joab replied, "May the LORD
multiply his troops a hundred times
over. My lord the king, are they not all
my lord's subjects? Why does my lord
want to do this? Why should he bring
GUILT ON ISREAL ?"

So God decided it was time to bring David down to his knell, So he let him go ahead with his census, in order to find out just how much good it would do him.

So how did satan came into this ? Satan knows that numbering isreal will displease God, and it will make God punish His children, just as it say here:

1 Chronicles 21:7
7 But God was displeased with this thing,and he struck Israel.

so he also incited David to carry it through. God want to discipline His servant David.
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2016
nasiayam:
Looked at several versions can't be a typo...
True. There were no typos when the Scripture was written. The only 'typo' could have happened over centuries of editing and reediting.

2 Likes

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by malvisguy212: 8:59am On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

True. There were no typos when the Scripture was written. The only 'typo' could have happened over centuries of editing and reediting.
malvisguy212:
this happened toward the end of David reign in isreal, David was looking at his achievement and success rather than the mercy of God. So God wanted to bring David to his knell, God has already warn David not to numbers isreal in chronicles:
Chronicles 21:3
But Joab replied, "May the LORD
multiply his troops a hundred times
over. My lord the king, are they not all
my lord's subjects? Why does my lord
want to do this? Why should he bring
GUILT ON ISREAL ?"
So God decided it was time to bring David down to his knell, So he let him go ahead with his census, in order to find out just how much good it would do him.
So how did satan came into this ? Satan knows that numbering isreal will displease God, and it will make God punish His children, just as it say here:
1 Chronicles 21:7
7 But God was displeased with this thing,and he struck Israel.
so he also incited David to carry it through. God want to discipline His servant David.
sonOfLucifer:

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by CoolUsername: 9:37am On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Sometimes Yahweh and Satan trade places. They are twin demons created by Abraham.

I think the true question should be: "What the hell is wrong with conducting a census?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 14, 2016
CoolUsername:

I think the true question should be: "What the hell is wrong with conducting a census?"
God doesn't like data.

The story goes that God, being all-knowing, already knew the exact figure. It'd be stupid to say God didn't know.. you see?

It was a test of David's faith and trust. You know, sometimes GOd works like that. Same way after creating the whole universe, and all the extra planets, he decided to plant the Tree in the same garden, same planet, with Adam. It's the same trick always. God sets you up. You fall. He blames you. You feel guilty. You start begging for forgiveness.

Same shit worked on Adam, worked on David. still works on AFRICANS.

NOw who's the Devil? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by plaetton: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2016
orisa37:

In other words, Satan is the personification of Yahweh's evil side?

Veeeery interesting.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by plaetton: 10:00am On Feb 14, 2016
nasiayam:

Just to show how fake those numbers were, consider that for Israel to have had half a million to one million fighting soldiers more than 3,000 yrs ago meant that their population had to be between 3.5 to 5 million.

This figure is impossible considering that such a population never left a single footprint in neither of the lands that they supposedly occupied for a thousand years.

Therefore, the bible or should I say, the chroniclers of the bible lied or to be polite, grossly misrepresented facts.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2016
plaetton:

Just to show how fake those numbers were, consider that for Israel to have had half a million to one million fighting soldiers more than 3,000 yrs ago meant that their population had to be between 3.5 to 5 million.

This figure is impossible considering that such a population never left a single footprint in neither of the lands that they supposedly occupied for a thousand years.

Therefore, the bible or should I say, the chroniclers of the bible lied or to be polite, grossly misrepresented facts.

Just negodu

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by reallest(f): 10:26am On Feb 14, 2016
Karlovich:
Op just wait, the faithful ones will soon bring out their e-swords to attack u for blasphemy

Best gift for val
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 11:57am On Feb 14, 2016

I need help with this still. And who ordered the census
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by CoolUsername: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

God doesn't like data.

The story goes that God, being all-knowing, already knew the exact figure. It'd be stupid to say God didn't know.. you see?

It was a test of David's faith and trust. You know, sometimes GOd works like that. Same way after creating the whole universe, and all the extra planets, he decided to plant the Tree in the same garden, same planet, with Adam. It's the same trick always. God sets you up. You fall. He blames you. You feel guilty. You start begging for forgiveness.

Same shit worked on Adam, worked on David. still works on AFRICANS.

NOw who's the Devil? undecided

Oh yeah, I forgot about Mysterious Ways™

Like how God created the world in Genesis 1 and then created it again in a different order in Genesis 2.
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by johnydon22(m): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahaha Epic thread grin
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
Still stumped
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by lllllllllllll: 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
Da silence b deffening
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by feeltee: 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
Are you a God fearing keyboardist with excellent skills? Do you have the qualities a true praise/worshipper must possess? If yes, there shall be auditioning on February 25, 2016 at 75, Aina street, off Grammar School, Ojodu. Lagos.

Call Tayo on 08020752514 for more information.
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 1:25am On Feb 18, 2016
nasiayam:

I need help with this still. And who ordered the census

1 Like

Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by facheux: 4:11am On Feb 18, 2016
Where are the Christian scholars to answer this
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 7:34am On Feb 18, 2016
Christian apologists help me with these number discrepancies, and also was it God or satan
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by Medicis(m): 10:12am On Feb 18, 2016
nasiayam:

www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=784
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by nasiayam: 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
Medicis:
www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=784

Medicis your link here didn't do a thing for me. Since you posted it you must feel it provides adequate answers.

Why don't you summarize in plain English point by point answers to all the verses listed in this thread.

You obviously must have intimate knowledge on these verses as you saw fit to put your 2 cents in.

I'll be waiting
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by analice107: 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

Hello dear. Nothing is wrong with conducting a Census, but the motive behind the Census. David was. Moved by pride to see his exploits. What he felt he accomplished by himself. How many territories he had captured and how many nations paid treaties to him. This is the reason for God's anger against him. The same sin King Nebochanezzar of Babylon committed and was cast off for 7yrs.
Re: Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
analice107:

Hello dear. Nothing is wrong with conducting a Census, but the motive behind the Census. David was. Moved by pride to see his exploits. What he felt he accomplished by himself. How many territories he had captured and how many nations paid treaties to him. This is the reason for God's anger against him. The same sin King Nebochanezzar of Babylon committed and was cast off for 7yrs.
Lol.Your God would look for an excuse to kill the very creature he supposedly loves.
Why did he take out his anger on the people, when David was the one who sinned? Good to know your God loves conquest.

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Olodumare And The Muslim Allah. / 2017 prophecies For Nigeria / Brother Joshua Iginla: The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.