Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease (24666 Views)

Gone!Gone!!...Tokunbo 2003 Honda Accord Leather seat With Navigation System / Nigeria Satellite Navigation Systems / Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, At Reduced Prices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Viante(f): 2:21am On Aug 03, 2008
I no be Gay abeg ooh!!

I need the system, i go get am

all you americanas can go to blazes
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 2:21am On Aug 03, 2008
You aint worth it - rags - come and talk to me when you make your billions just like I am doing. But one thing is sure - you cant stop people from buying it.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Queenisha: 2:23am On Aug 03, 2008
Okija_juju:

Bia! wetin carry me enter this your talk?? Na me wan sell you satellite Navigator??  angry
ehn ehn! o!
angry

You even sound like person wey go produce old 20Naira note.  tongue   grin

hehehe
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Queenisha: 2:26am On Aug 03, 2008
4 Play:

Maybe this "billionaire" is a Zimbabwean. grin He wants to drag people to Okija shrine under the guise of selling them "navigation" system.

ROFL
billions that'll buy 3 loaves of agege bread.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by 4Play(m): 2:32am On Aug 03, 2008
@Okija

Dem get website : http://www.3dtechnologies.org/
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Okijajuju1(m): 2:38am On Aug 03, 2008
The website is not convincing.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by toshacer: 6:01am On Aug 03, 2008
@Poster

Great work and well done for a marvellous work.

Reading through the thread - I will advice you not to bother with these guys - read there comments and you will understand that they talk out of ignorance - and out of a total lack of understanding of what a sat nav is and how it works.

Just ignore them bro and continue the good work -

PS: We currently use five of the devices - I am sure you will remember if I mention the name.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by arsenal4va(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2008
How much wud a Lagos map cost ??
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 03, 2008
I've read through this thread, and I must say, I'm truly disappointed.

Why do Nigerians never take things seriously?
Labiyemmy has made very credible claims - GPS does work, yet rather than ignore if you're not interested, you turn a serious discussion into a joke.
When folk in the UK and US (black and white) say they prefer not to deal with Nigerians, as far as trade goes, I cringe.
But when one reads a thread like this one, it's easy to see why people prefer not to trade with Nigerians.

Money back guarantee? What on earth for?
You're being offered a free demo, if you don't like it, simply don't buy!
Money back is usually if the item is broken, or not as described. Not because you decide you don't like the product!

And you wonder why Nigeria is forever being left behind.
Nigerians make up Nigeria, Nigeria can not move herself forward, Nigerians can!

I have had requests to do business with Nigerians in Nigeria, and so far, have chosen not to.
Reading threads like this certainly tells me I made the right decision.

Good luck with your negative mentality.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2008
arsenal4va:

How much would a Lagos map cost ??

20k my brother. Regional is 30k - entire Nigeria is 40k.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2008
Siena:

Labiyemmy has made very credible claims - GPS does work, yet rather than ignore if you're not interested, you turn a serious discussion into a joke.
When folk in the UK and US (black and white) say they prefer not to deal with Nigerians, as far as trade goes, I cringe.
But when one reads a thread like this one, it's easy to see why people prefer not to trade with Nigerians.

Money back is usually if the item is broken, or not as described. Not because you decide you don't like the product!

I have had requests to do business with Nigerians in Nigeria, and so far, have chosen not to.

You have said it all.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Gonorrhea(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2008
@Poster

oga navigator seller, abeg i wan buy navigator wey go work for Kubwa Village, Nasarawa and also the one that would work in Ajangbadi, Lagos

Make we talk price, oga billionaire abeg

cheers grin
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by brownbonno(m): 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2008
Nigerian professionals ignorant of ''progress'' at home

By Ademola Oni, Abeokuta

A professor of veterinary medicine at the Tuskegee University, Alabama, United States of America, Prof. Lekan Ayanwale, has said most Nigerian professionals abroad are not interested in returning to the country because they are ignorant of the progress the nation has made over the years.

advertisement

Ayanwale, who migrated to the USA in 1996, said that the professionals still believed that the condition that forced them to seek greener pastures persisted in the country.

The former University of Ibadan lecturer, however, declared that the brain drain that hit the nation in the 1990s had turned out to be a blessing as most of his colleagues had been sufficiently equipped to fasttrack the development of the nation.

He spoke when he led a delegation of the Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation to former President Olusegun Obasanjo in Abeokuta, Ogun State on Wednesday.

He said the visit of the Ogun State members of the organisation, which was formed when Obasanjo was the nation’s President, was informed by the impact the body had made in changing the perception of most professionals abroad on the need for their input in the nation’s economy.

He said, “Most people are still not willing to return despite the mark they have made in their fields. They are ignorant of the mark Nigeria has made in different fields.

“The current trend that we are encouraging in NAIDO now is to help some people to train abroad; gain the skill and knowledge and come back home to use it to help the country.”

Ayanwale, who is the coordinator of the state indigenes in NAIDO, contended that the nation had gained from the exodus of its core professionals and academics to foreign countries.

He said, “I believe the skills and knowledge we have acquired had helped us to compete favourably with our counterparts anywhere in the world.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/1/413.html
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2008
Gonorrhea:

@Poster

oga navigator seller, abeg i wan buy navigator wey go work for Kubwa Village, Nasarawa and also the one that would work in Ajangbadi, Lagos

Make we talk price, oga billionaire abeg

cheers grin

Go to the quarry in Kubwa and ask the Israeli man working there if you can use his own.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2008
Labi, I wouldn't respond any more to the sceptics.
I've long discovered Nairaland isn't the place to do any serious transactions, wrong audience, wrong mentality.

For what it's worth, your proposal is a good one, and it will work well.
I just feel the introduction shouldn't be through Nairaland, their brains work in pretty odd ways.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by monogees(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2008
Hey,
Bros wey de vex, no vex, even me sef i been wan yarb the thing when i read am first and i go still yarb am. For the guys who live abroad who don't believe its true, don't blame them. How do you explain a situation where you go home and u know there used to be a road here, then suddenly one "big man" just decides to block the road and turn it into his new mansion?what happens to your "gps" then?. This is happening all over Nigeria, as a example, all the houses that were demolished in Abuja were built at sites that weren't designated for houses, what happens to you "GPS" then? don't forget this technology is based on "approved" government plans, no one goes out to check if the roads really exist or not because it is supposed to have been planned.

Am am happy we "have it"? honestly?NO cos i see it as another scam in trying to copy what we know within ourselves wont work. It wont work not because we cant do it, ofcourse we can do anything, but am saying it wont work because u would be surprised, where it says turn right, you make a right turn and end up in someones sitting room. Not because a road wasn't supposed to be there but because the house wasn't supposed to be there.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2008
monogees:

Hey,
Bros wey de vex, no vex, even me sef i been wan yarb the thing when i read am first and i go still yarb am. For the guys who live abroad who don't believe its true, don't blame them. How do you explain a situation where you go home and u know there used to be a road here, then suddenly one "big man" just decides to block the road and turn it into his new mansion?what happens to your "gps" then?. This is happening all over Nigeria, as a example, all the houses that were demolished in Abuja were built at sites that weren't designated for houses, what happens to you "GPS" then? don't forget this technology is based on "approved" government plans, no one goes out to check if the roads really exist or not because it is supposed to have been planned.

Am am happy we "have it"? honestly?NO because i see it as another scam in trying to copy what we know within ourselves wont work. It wont work not because we can't do it, ofcourse we can do anything, but am saying it wont work because u would be surprised, where it says turn right, you make a right turn and end up in someones sitting room. Not because a road wasn't supposed to be there but because the house wasn't supposed to be there.

And have you heard of satellite imagery method of mapping before - Mr Scam?

You all are so ignorant unlearned fools. And you call yourself a graduate of pipeline engineering - no - you are graduate - half baked - un eductaed fool.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2008
I dont realy know if I should answer these fools - but for those who are interested in knowing.

Mapping is done via satellite imagery which we receive from high resolution satellites out there - these satellites daily record the picture of the earth worldwide and then these pictures are used to update maps and ammend maps as necessary - this way your maps stays current - attached is a mapping scene of Kaduna Nigeria - you can see the streets well positioned on top of the satellite image of Kaduna - we have this image for the whole of Nigeria.

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by agaba123(m): 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2008
I think what most you guys should be doing here would have been to tell the guy what you think should be a problem. Prolly he would tell you how he tackled it. may be you don't believe Africans can get it right yet when you are told the same thing by other races you fly off the handle

The truth remains that none of the big names in the west became what they are today in ajiffy. Rome was not built in a day. They required the input of there country men.

We all understand the problem we have in Nigeria but we also need a home-made remedy to the problems. What if the guy has the rememdy?

The reason why many things do not work is that you try to apply western stuff directly to an african terrain without adaptation.

What if these guys were able to adapt the gadget to our terrain? No it will not work cos a white ass is not involved.
What if it did not work? is it not better to get a framework and build upon it? The guys should be praised for at least getting something in place. Give him a feed back and he can improve upon what he has. haba

Nigeria we need to be independent, lets believe in ourself for one.

Together we can do it.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by monogees(m): 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2008

You all are so ignorant unlearned fools.

I wont insult you and i would tell you why, there is no point.
There is something called dissenting opinion and i have one i don't have to agree with anybody or everybody. Maybe if you had a little understand to actually comprehend what i was trying to say, but i guess you don't.

Satellite imagery yes, so tell me what happens when you get it done today and 6 months down the line someone builds a house that blocks a road somewhere? or you think satellite imagery is cheap?, as i said i honestly don't blame you, do your homework very well. Anything can be done, but what we need is a system change not just an aspect of our lives back home.

"ignorant unlearned fools". indeed lol
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2008
monogees:

You all are so ignorant unlearned fools.

I wont insult you and i would tell you why, there is no point.
There is something called dissenting opinion and i have one i don't have to agree with anybody or everybody. Maybe if you had a little understand to actually comprehend what i was trying to say, but i guess you don't.

Satellite imagery yes, so tell me what happens when you get it done today and 6 months down the line someone builds a house that blocks a road somewhere? or you think satellite imagery is cheap?, as i said i honestly don't blame you, do your homework very well. Anything can be done, but what we need is a system change not just an aspect of our lives back home.

"ignorant unlearned fools". indeed lol

You must think what I am talking about is for cheapstakes who can not afford to buy current satellite imageries?

Dissenting opinions are listened to when they make any meaning.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2008
Give me the name of your remote village and I will send you an up to date satellite imagery of the place.

Attached is anothr satellite imagery map of Ado Ekiti - see how we got the maps and the road names - including poins/places of interests? schools, hotels, hospitals etc.

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by agaba123(m): 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2008
@labiyemmy:

I don't realy know if I should answer these fools - but for those who are interested in knowing.

Mapping is done via satellite imagery which we receive from high resolution satellites out there - these satellites daily record the picture of the earth worldwide and then these pictures are used to update maps and ammend maps as necessary - this way your maps stays current - attached is a mapping scene of Kaduna Nigeria - you can see the streets well positioned on top of the satellite image of Kaduna - we have this image for the whole of Nigeria.

Labby I do not think the best thing to do is to get angry.

You would be better of ignoring the rants.
I guess it was galileo that was jailed for daring to say the earth is spherical and moves around the sun. You must get some dissenting voices.
In business the customer is the KING. You must learn to keep your cool without losing your focus.
There will always be cynics. Your job is to prove them wrong with your result and they will fall in line.

You probably do not need to get involved in any altercation I think
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by agaba123(m): 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2008
Siena:

did not see this post before posting mine. Thanks man
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2008
agaba123:

Labby I do not think the best thing to do is to bet angry.

You would be better of ignoring the rants.
I guess it was galileo that was jailed for daring to say the earth is spherical and moves around the sun. You must get some dissenting voices.
In business the customer is the KING. You must learn to keep your cool without losing your focus.
There will always be cynics. Your job is to prove them wrong with your result and they will fall in line.

You probably do not need to get involved in any altercation I think

thanks Agaba
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2008
River Niger satellite imagery with Onitsha/asaba.

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by monogees(m): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2008
For those who want to know the truth, here is a site for the price listings for satellite imagery, i hate when people go around talking crap.

http://www.mapmart.com/worldsatelliteImagery/satellite.htm

Now the smaller the scale the clearer the pictures you get, the higher the scale the less clearer the image is, this pricing are given per square mile or per square kilometer. Type Nigeria into google and it would give you how many square kilometers or miles Nigeria has and multiply that by the pricing, l.e price per square miles by cost/square mile or price per square kilometer by cost per square kilometer.

Look through all my posts starting from the first, no where did i mention that it cant be done, what am saying is the practicality of actually getting it done. Everyone knows about satellite imagery (you have no idea what i do for a living anyway) but its not cheap, and in a country where this change everyday, how much do you think you are going to make to be buying satellite imagery from satellite companies every week? month? year?. How often do you think mapquest or yahoo maps update their satellite maps?
You probably need to sit down and think long and hard.

If it works for you, all well and good and congratulations, who knows, i could probably end up being a customer when i come home, you never know. (so stop insulting people you don't know and who might actually make you take a second look at something that needs a second look)
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by jules123(m): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2008
Na Waoo, Niger people, why who na dey so quick to spoil things that are good when you guys have not even taking time to explore and see things for yourself. The level of illiteracy is really too high here and i can see that even matured men and women are still in darkness when there is light shinning everywere even when they claime that, they have been round the world or even obtain degrees onpon degrees from various university. The guy per say offfer you guys the chance to even download a free demo version to try before purchasing but still you guys keep on saying rubbish. Abi who na no know watin the guy dey talk about. Please if you guys don't know, there is no crime in asking Oo! Try to appreciate first before condemning what you don't know about. Na wa 4 who Na!!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley shocked
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2008
monogees:

For those who want to know the truth, here is a site for the price listings for satellite imagery, i hate when people go around talking crap.

http://www.mapmart.com/worldsatelliteImagery/satellite.htm

Now the smaller the scale the clearer the pictures you get, the higher the scale the less clearer the image is, this pricing are given per square mile or per square kilometer. Type Nigeria into google and it would give you how many square kilometers or miles Nigeria has and multiply that by the pricing, l.e price per square miles by cost/square mile or price per square kilometer by cost per square kilometer.

Look through all my posts starting from the first, no where did i mention that it can't be done, what am saying is the practicality of actually getting it done. Everyone knows about satellite imagery (you have no idea what i do for a living anyway) but its not cheap, and in a country where this change everyday, how much do you think you are going to make to be buying satellite imagery from satellite companies every week? month? year?. How often do you think mapquest or yahoo maps update their satellite maps?
You probably need to sit down and think long and hard.

If it works for you, all well and good and congratulations, who knows, i could probably end up being a customer when i come home, you never know. (so stop insulting people you don't know and who might actually make you take a second look at something that needs a second look)

You still didnt make a point - even Microsoft - comes with what is called updates- in this business - which we have ben in for years - we have spent billions into it - so dont worry for us about how much it costs - we already know how much it costs.

so if Microsoft comes out with updates of their products - that is to cover such reasons you have stated - we know - and there will be updates as often as possible.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by monogees(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2008
There is no point going on and on, you obviously think you have your basis covered. It works for you, all well and good and congrats (who no want better thing for hin country). Just a word of caution there are no sure bet businesses if you cant take a dissenting opinion and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is an insult, then its going to be hard, you live in the UK and by now you know even the craziest opinions are given a chance, not insulted.

Calling people who don't agree with you fools is the perhaps the greatest mistake you could ever make. You don't know me and you don't know what i do.

As i said if it works for you, great!!!.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2008
monogees:

There is no point going on and on, you obviously think you have your basis covered. It works for you, all well and good and congrats (who no want better thing for hin country). Just a word of caution there are no sure bet businesses if you can't take a dissenting opinion and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is an insult, then its going to be hard, you live in the UK and by now you know even the craziest opinions are given a chance, not insulted.

Calling people who don't agree with you fools is the perhaps the greatest mistake you could ever make. You don't know me and you don't know what i do.

As i said if it works for you, great!!!.

Its true - I don't know what you do - but obviously, you are not very good at it - and I pity those who employ you - if you do anything meaningful in this field - you will not make the first comment you made and even referring to it as scam - hence i called you and others a fool.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by monogees(m): 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2008
I looked at your profile and saw your pic that's why i didn't want to continue, but since you want to have it then here it comes.

Now my ID is MONOGEES,

Go back through my posts and show me where i called your "work" a scam or where i inferred that your work was a scam or where i mentioned the word "scam". Look at you, a fifty or forty year-old gangster wannabe (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=127952). Its not your fault after going through all kinds of crap in life you come here and think this is your fucking village? Spend billions my a** do you look like you got 2k pounds? nairalandpunk.LOL

Please i got better things to do than waste my time with a loser like you. Go get a life punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zero 8120 30 63 56 Direct Working Ecu(brainbox Box, Key Immobiliser, Smart Box, / Porsche Jeep For A Bargain! / Is Your Car Battered And Disfigured Like This? Gof Autos Ltd Can Refurbish It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.