Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease (24667 Views)

Gone!Gone!!...Tokunbo 2003 Honda Accord Leather seat With Navigation System / Nigeria Satellite Navigation Systems / Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, At Reduced Prices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2008
ziontrain:

@labiyemmy I find your thread and what you do quite interesting. One advice I have for you is to stop spending your time engaging ignorant people. Trust me, there are a lot of intelligent people on nairaland who don't even post any message - I am sure you will have heard from some of them privately via email. You also have to understand that a lot of Nigerians have never been abroad to even appreciate what a GPS is. For those who are not aware, even here in America, GPS does not map every street and also, sometimes, streets could be destroyed to make way for buildings and major highways so if you are asking for your grandfather's "Agbo ile" in Ile-Ife, it should not be a big deal if GPS cannot locate.

The info people need is the address in naija where they can see a demo. If you have a good product, that product will sell itself. Meanwhile, please post where one can see this demo in Abuja (if you have an office there). I wish you all the best.

Thanks sir,

We dont have an office in abuja - but we have re sellers - our major reseller just took 70 units to Abuja - if we know where you are - we can organise a demo for you.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2008
lewa:

I always salute entrepreneurship, for those who have nothing really to contribute but take solace in disparaging,substance less comments my advice is for them to take a long walk down the pier!This is a solid idea and to wit my friends and i had previously entertained  promoting this lovely idea before.To the poster kudos,a big well done and as an entrepreneur myself i know what it must have taken to enter this venture,not for the faint hearted or the clueless as some proudly display themselves

Thanks a lot sir.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2008
The following cities are covered to street level - as at 12th August 2008.

For people outside Nigeria - we do send out the maps on SD cards - but you will only need to buy the Garmin devices by yourself.

The cities below have been adequately covered.

LAGOS
ABUJA
ILORIN
WARRI
KADUNA
MAIDUGURI
PH
KANO
ASABA
ENUGU
IBADAN
SOKOTO
CALABAR
UYO
ONITSHA
BIRNIN KEBBI
EKPOMA
JOS
YOLA
SAPELE
OGWACHI UKU
IRRUA
EFFURUM
UGHELLI
IBUZA
ADO
AKURE
ABEOKUTA
BAUCHI
UMUAHIAH
OWERRI
MAKURDI
ABAKALIKI
DUTSE
LOKOJA
OSHOGBO
DAMATURU
GOMBE

More gets added daily.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 5:38am On Aug 14, 2008
Screen shots from the sat nav - notice Lagos/Abuja streets.

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 5:44am On Aug 14, 2008
more,

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 5:46am On Aug 14, 2008
more.

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 6:12am On Aug 14, 2008
more

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by ricki: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2008
i hope you can appreciate the difference between this screenshot and the previous cut and paste, it was not that didn't believe - but the previous screenshots are a little bit vague. now where in london can i get all the towns you listed on SD card.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by la1(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2008
way to go bro!, certainly this will silence dem sceptics, nothing good can come out of Nigeria, Indeed.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by texazzpete(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2008
la!:

way to go bro!, certainly this will silence them sceptics, nothing good can come out of Nigeria, Indeed.

Don't be silly. Even banks are posting 'fraud alert' messages on their websites, and you begrude people requiring proof before committing their hard earned money? 99% of Nigerians are cynical because of condition, nothing more.

@alabiyemmy
Nice screens. Now all that remains is to evaluate my options. Can you confirm your maps are compatible with (or can be adapted to) most existing GPS hardware?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by mosunade(f): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2008
Nice work
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2008
ricki:

i hope you can appreciate the difference between this screenshot and the previous cut and paste, it was not that didn't believe - but the previous screenshots are a little bit vague. now where in london can i get all the towns you listed on SD card.

Hi - call me on 07956886563 - we will do a demo.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2008
texazzpete:

Don't be silly. Even banks are posting 'fraud alert' messages on their websites, and you begrude people requiring proof before committing their hard earned money? 99% of Nigerians are cynical because of condition, nothing more.

@alabiyemmy
Nice screens. Now all that remains is to evaluate my options. Can you confirm your maps are compatible with (or can be adapted to) most existing GPS hardware?

We have four options:

1. Garmin based sat nav devices

2. Mobile phones with integrated GPS

3. PDAs with or without integrated GPS

4. Devices that run Windows mobile or win CE.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by naijaking1: 3:55am On Aug 16, 2008
@Poster
What a stupid snake oil salesman you're!
Real business men would post prices, pictures, and information about their products, but all you do is yab folks here.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by fotodaddy: 7:32am On Aug 16, 2008
Na wah for black man shocked shocked

I just read through this whole thread and I am so sad at the way our people think.

First it was the the monogee person. He promptly disappeared when he was show how much of a liar he is. But then the skeptics and 'fool' no dey finish.

yemmy, my suggestion is forget this site and this thread (just like siena said). Most of the people on this site a university dropout, loafers, unemployed loosers and yahoo yahoo fraudsters.

You have done enough to show what you have and people will see it and get to you if they need it.

I and a couple of other guys went though quite some interesting ordeal, being called all sorts of names cos we wanted tomake things transparent. I for one even started getting hate mail. It just isnt worth the time.

Keep on doing what you are doing. Pretty sure that pretty soon I will be visiting our office for some maps. I am even reommending your services to a couple of my friends who need maps.

Stay on top and all the best.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by ilaugh1: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2008
nice nice nice

naijaking1:

@Poster
Real business men would post prices, pictures, and information about their products, but all you do is yab folks here.

Who is stupid - him or yourself?

You cant see pictures and prices? Then you are either blind or just hating because you cant do what he has done. Foolish idiot.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by ilaugh1: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2008
fotodaddy:

I just read through this whole thread and I am so sad at the way our people think.

First it was the the monogee person. He promptly disappeared when he was show how much of a liar he is. But then the skeptics and 'fool' no dey finish.

yemmy, my suggestion is forget this site and this thread (just like siena said). Most of the people on this site a university dropout, loafers, unemployed loosers and yahoo yahoo fraudsters.

You have done enough to show what you have and people will see it and get to you if they need it.

I and a couple of other guys went though quite some interesting ordeal, being called all sorts of names because we wanted tomake things transparent. I for one even started getting hate mail. It just isnt worth the time.

Keep on doing what you are doing. Pretty sure that pretty soon I will be visiting our office for some maps. I am even reommending your services to a couple of my friends who need maps.

Thanks man - you are one of the best around here. Leave the others who cant think -

@labiyemmy - please dont mind them.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2008
naijaking1:

@Poster

Your name calling only increases my intelligence and makes you nothing but a dullard - a fool - and like someone said - a foolish idiot.

You cant read or see?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2008
fotodaddy:

I and a couple of other guys went though quite some interesting ordeal, being called all sorts of names because we wanted tomake things transparent. I for one even started getting hate mail. It just isnt worth the time.

Thanks for your suggestion - you know in life - the secret of success lies in your ability to step over your critics and haters - step on their heads and use them as great impetus to reach your goal.

To me - they are just steps to glide over - so that we can reach more heights.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by sistajay(f): 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2008
@ Poster

If only they can see how successful you are in this line of work, they'll be eatin their words one by one. All those bad mouthin you here will reek in shame when they find out that you are for REAL. Forgive them for they know not what they are sayin, please don't lose your cool over them. They can laugh all they want but you'll have the last LAUGH.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by texazzpete(m): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2008
What's it with you people anyway?
If it isn't elitist comments like 'many Nigerians do not know what GPS is', it's generalizing statements like

fotodaddy:

Most of the people on this site a university dropout, loafers, unemployed loosers and yahoo yahoo fraudsters.

Nigerians are cynical. It goes with the territory. There's no need to get all riled up over nothing. IMHO, the pictures should have been there from the start. Perhaps right up there with a Youtube video or two.

mapping Nigeria is not an easy process, and i do not expect this service to come cheap. It is always better to remove all sources of doubt while marketing. Why else do we insist on Photos and VIN checks in this section?

It is bad to advice an enterpreneur to disregard critics. Fine, dirty feedback should be discarded, but good, clean criticisms should be taken on board as scope for improvement.

And just before any of your supercillous people start on me, i am not a 'loafer, unemployed looser, dropout or a yahoo yahoo fraudster'

PS: I have dropped by on the 'Jobs' sections on Nairaland to give advice and to see the pains unemployed graduates in Nigeria are going through. For someone to derisively sum these people up as 'unemployed loosers', it says a lot about a lack of refinement that 'too much money' cannot purchase.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by texazzpete(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2008
@labiyemmy:

We have four options:

1. Garmin based sat nav devices

2. Mobile phones with integrated GPS

3. PDAs with or without integrated GPS

4. Devices that run Windows mobile or win CE.

Nice. Seems you have all devices covered. I'll be calling soon to grab PHC street maps for an N95 or N96. Also may need to look at some in-vehicle options. Darn traffic warden shook me down for 4k yesterday when i got lost somewhere and mistakenly took a one-way angry
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Busybody2(f): 12:48am On Aug 18, 2008
texazzpete:

What's it with you people anyway?
If it isn't elitist comments like 'many Nigerians do not know what GPS is', it's generalizing statements like

Nigerians are cynical. It goes with the territory. . .

Nigerians can shove their cynicism and the rudeness that goes with it where the sun don't shine wink

In my opinion, the poor chap has been very restrained in his responses so far. He is only human and there is a limit to what people can take.

Constructive criticisms from the likes of you and childish questions are of course welcome, but name-calling is unwarranted. If there is anyone you need to pull up, it is the people who accuse him of intentions to lead people to den of thieves, to divert people to shrines . . .

The guy offered any potential customer a chance to test drive the product, but was accused of being a fraudster, and a stupid snakes oilman, because, in Nigeria, when you test drive a camry with a toyota engine, you get a camry with an audi engine on delivery. . .

He provided link to a website, gave a list of price charged, but was told it was not convincing enough, that he is talking crap and full of bull-shit, that the odds are against him, . . .

The guy even gave people a chance to download a free demo to try before they buy, yet he was called a scammer, a fraudster, that if you set off from Lagos to Warri, you would end up in Chad, . . .

He has neither put a gun to anyone's head, nor try to ram his product down people's throat, so why can't people be civil enough to ignore his thread, or take him up on his offer for the test drive, before spewing their hurtful insinuation and accusation his way? Why do we use our hands and our mouth to tear down and mar people's effort?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by texazzpete(m): 7:34am On Aug 18, 2008
Busy_body:

Nigerians can shove their cynicism and the rudeness that goes with it where the sun don't shine wink

In my opinion, the poor chap has been very restrained in his responses so far. He is only human and there is a limit to what people can take.

Constructive criticisms from the likes of you and childish questions are of course welcome, but name-calling is unwarranted. If there is anyone you need to pull up, it is the people who accuse him of intentions to lead people to den of thieves, to divert people to shrines . . .

The guy offered any potential customer a chance to test drive the product, but was accused of being a fraudster, and a stupid snakes oilman, because, in Nigeria, when you test drive a camry with a toyota engine, you get a camry with an audi engine on delivery. . .

He provided link to a website, gave a list of price charged, but was told it was not convincing enough, that he is talking crap and full of bull-shit, that the odds are against him, . . .

The guy even gave people a chance to download a free demo to try before they buy, yet he was called a scammer, a fraudster, that if you set off from Lagos to Warri, you would end up in Chad, . . .

He has neither put a gun to anyone's head, nor try to ram his product down people's throat, so why can't people be civil enough to ignore his thread, or take him up on his offer for the test drive, before spewing their hurtful insinuation and accusation his way? Why do we use our hands and our mouth to tear down and mar people's effort?

Funny enough, you make some pretty valid points.

I took time out to read all four pages, and i see now that there have been instances where people have been abusive.

the guy deserves commendation for his efforts, no doubt. It's about time we had this stuff in Nigeria.

@labiyemmy,

More grease to your elbow. Kindly let me know if you have an agent in Port Harcourt.

Friendly advice: Always be prepared for skeptics and cynical people. If you go to the Nairaland Phones section, you'll see people who have been scammed for free browsing. Last year the rage was the people who lost millions to 'wonder banks' and other dubious schemes like Nospetco et al.
Unless you're pricing your maps prohibitively expensive, there's no reason why this cannot be a success on a retail level. Giving your product as broad an appeal as possible will not hurt, and there's always the 'word of mouth' effect.

Don't give up on Nairaland just yet. grin
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 11:08am On Aug 18, 2008
@Texazzpete

Here are screenshots of PH and Kaduna.

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2008
Kaduna

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by fotodaddy: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2008
texazzpete:

And just before any of your supercillous people start on me, i am not a 'loafer, unemployed looser, dropout or a yahoo yahoo fraudster'
PS: I have dropped by on the 'Jobs' sections on Nairaland to give advice and to see the pains unemployed graduates in Nigeria are going through. For someone to derisively sum these people up as 'unemployed loosers', it says a lot about a lack of refinement that 'too much money' cannot purchase.

AND NOW

texazzpete:

Funny enough, you make some pretty valid points.
I took time out to read all four pages, and i see now that there have been instances where people have been abusive.
the guy deserves commendation for his efforts, no doubt. It's about time we had this stuff in Nigeria.

Finally the day is dawning!!!

Try to know persin before you summarize am say "na too much money dey cause am". Remember say na grass you dey chop oo!! grin
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by texazzpete(m): 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2008
Ah, what the hell. . . grin

Will do the word-of-mouth thingy for you. Can't wait to do the demo when next i'm in lagos.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by faoni572(m): 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2008
@labiyemmy, you have done a very good job
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2008
More screen shots from Lagos.

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by teddyshyne: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2008
What an irony, it is a problem to be an ignorant illiterate, it is a double whammy to be an  educated illiterate, Nigerians could be ignorant atimes, because they want to be. This individual is promoting his service just like everyone else on this board is doing, i know how difficult the topography is in Nigeria because of lack judgement. These people raving and ranting and running their waterty mouths do not have anything to contribute to the growing economy. Town planning in Nigeria is a joke and coming up with a navigation to maneuver around the roads is a step in the right direction. Depending on the update time, you can be notified if there is no road in a place where there used to be one and get rerouted, that is called "real time navigation" but i don't think 3d technologies is up to that level yet. I think we should be open and embrace all these technologies as a sign of better things to come. Just like the Iphone, the first version wasnt the best, but subsequent versions became better. As they progress and get your support, we might not even need to drive a car anymore, they might come up with a technology that navigates itself while you relax and do whatever in the car, but in the mean time, labiye*** will need to ignore these "educated illiterates" to be able to  focus and create a nav system that will take me from Lagos to Jalingo and reroute me when it senses "gun fire" on kubwa-Abaji rd. alabiye**** more grease to your elbow, i'm sure when you offer your IPOs its the same set of morons that will quickly jump and buy the technology stock because its going to make money, Ride on my compadre, by the way did you use mapinfo to generate your mapping system because it is wonderful, I cant deny a good thing when i see it, no be only oyinbo man country they suppose get all these kin thing wey dey do "magic"
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by landis(m): 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2008
instead of posting screenshots, can you provide url of your company?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zero 8120 30 63 56 Direct Working Ecu(brainbox Box, Key Immobiliser, Smart Box, / Porsche Jeep For A Bargain! / Is Your Car Battered And Disfigured Like This? Gof Autos Ltd Can Refurbish It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.