Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Andrew Needs Your Advice Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Andrew Needs Your Advice Please (1903 Views)

Dear Family, A Depressed Soul Needs Your Advice. / Is My Wife A User?? - Advice Please / Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by intrepid: 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
My name is Andrew. I’m not a good story teller but I’ll try to let you know what I have been carrying in my mind for so long and would like to know whatever help you can
give me. I want to put across my mind the way I can and need your candid advice. You are very free to condemn my action but all I need now is what I should do to get my life in place once again. I’M REALLY dieing.

Two years into my stay in the university I joined a group I thought was just another students’ club as I was told. Back in the village I wasn’t particularly a quiet person but I refrained from certain things like smoking and drinking .I also had no exclusive relationship with any female(girlfriend).

In fact I was a virgin before I entered the university despite the pressure I had about sex from my secondary school days until my first year in the university....But what happened to me?

My parents were not pagans but they were also
not serious Christians. They went to church but it mad no serious impact on either them or them or us their children. My mom was relatively rich. She sold ivory, beads and assorted jewellery. My dad was a director in one of the government health agencies. So I was born into a relatively comfortable home. I had a couple of things that my mates envied. But I felt a bit empty inside. I could not actually explain my feelings or what caused it. All I knew was that sometimes I felt lonely and needed some company and appreciation. There was a void in me that nobody seemed to understand and I sought hard to fill.

Then I got admission into the university to read chemical engineering. Once in the university I saw myself surrounded by myriad of friends of all shades and colours, shapes and sizes. I felt very free and unrestrained in my quest to find fulfilment. Then I can’t now recall how everything happened but I found myself going out with some boys and girls who influenced me into drinking and smoking. It was at this time that I was also introduced to sex. The girls in our company were somehow always available and had a way of arranging other girls for any of us. I plunged deep into this life.

The little moral sense I had from some Christians who visited our house and from church simply disappeared don’t know if I even had any conscience anymore. Still I felt this void and needed something o fill it. One day we moved to a club and after a good night of absolute nothings, we could not come back to the hostel. We invaded a private female hostel outside the campus and raided the place. I actually raped one of the girls.

She was a virgin!

My heart aches and is totally restless as I write this. I knew this particular girl on campus but I’m sure she could never recognize I was the one who violated her. She was from my village, can you imagine that? After about 4 months I came home and saw her in the village. You know what? She was pregnant! Something in me told me strongly that I was responsible, but nobody will ever know, even the girl herself. I knew this because she was a virgin the night I forced her and I can still hear that silent sobs as I had my way on an innocent girl.
Sometimes the mere sight of her makes me feel like jumping into the river and damning all the consequences....and this feeling can really be very strong sometimes. I am dying inside. On one of the days I even met her at the hospital where she had come to see the doctor with her mom. And since I saw her there I had not been myself. I even contemplated suicide many times as I felt more empty and dirty and useless. There is no meaning in life for me.

Her family was Christian and had really passed through a lot of ridicule and pains. Both parents were leaders in the church. She safely delivered of a baby boy. She had left school and was living with the reverend sisters until then. About one year and 11 months, she was back to school and nobody could know she ever gave birth unless very close friends and some family members.

Four solid years have gone now since all this happened, and the boy looks every bit like me and is always there in the house whenever I go home. I am now through with my studies and have gone back to the faith once again, giving my life to Jesus. I have since been trying to amend all my wrongs now but one very fundamental problem eating deep into my bone is this: I am sure that this boy, Kosisochukwu is mine, though no one knows but how do I start the claim?

How do I reveal my deed? Just how do I start the story and this convoluted journey to claim a boy that is already so attached to his family? Will anyone believe me or forgive me? I want my child that I see everyday growing into a smart intelligent healthy lad in front of me. I feel like exploding and melting into nothing, like a part o me is missing and I can’t do anything about it.

I am seeing my own son, living without the joy of a true father and there is nothing I can do. I see this innocent lad calling another man “daddy” and i am imagining what will eventually happen when he’ll find out that the man he had called day all his life was indeed his mom’s father.
What should I do? Somebody help please.

culled from www.whateverlovely..com
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
Oh No!
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by jocelyn71(f): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Waoh :oWaoh,thats realy bad,just find a way of explaining it to her nd her families....i doubt it if she cn 4give u
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
How do you start which claim? From where to where? You are not the boys father, leave this family alone to enjoy the love and peace they have. Even if you must confess and ask for the girl's forgiveness, it should not be with the goal of claiming the child. For what reason? First you rape and impregnate the innocent woman, now you want to destabilize her happy home? Abeg, find another means of expunging your demons.

Claim ko!

**Discounting the "nollywood tins" nature of the original post**

1 Like

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by boay(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
boay: This is really disheartening. I am happy for you that you aree now in Christ. You are lucky!
OP

Please, is the lady married now. I need you to answer this before I can say anything.
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
ileobatojo: How do you start which claim? From where to where? You are not the boys father, leave this family alone to enjoy the love and peace they have. Even if you must confess and ask for the girl's forgiveness, it should not be with the goal of claiming the child. For what reason? First you rape and impregnate the innocent woman, now you want to destabilize her happy home? Abeg, find another means of expunging your demons.

Claim ko!

**Discounting the "nollywood tins" nature of the original post**

Oh! My bad! I thought she was married now. Just reread the story and it appears she is not, still living at home and the child calls his grandfather daddy.

Anyway, what do you mean by claim the child o jare? What sort of arrangement do you mean?
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Now this is first class Hatred.

Good luck Andrew.

*claim: claim the child & possibly paternity confirmation the child is indeed his.
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Of course it is. To those who can't read simple English.
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Oh oh
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
I think it would be better if you follow your mind and simply kill yourself like you have been contemplating.

You rapedd an innocent girl and are now asking silly questions

In some countries the penalty for rape is death or life in prison.

So spare yourself the agony and do the needful. Jump into the river a deep one. Possibly river Niger.

Since you claim you are now born again, follow what the bible said about your body part that made you sin.

If your eyes made you sin pluck it out, if na your prick cut it off. Do these before you can get genuine forgiveness

1 Like

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Okpari lipsrsealed
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by ZeinabBadawi: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by glimpse(f): 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
chaircover: Hmmmmmmmm

I dont know what to say . . why? because I am putting myself in the different players in this story ie girl, girls family, baby boy and so many different reactions are going through me.

@poster, God will give you the wisdom to deal with this. This is beyond me.

wow,even madam cc lock up. This one is strong o. Eleyi gidi gan

1 Like

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Zeinab Badawi:
He should kill himself? angry
Are you for real? angryangryangry

Yes oo

2 options

Kill himself or lock himself in jail like any responsible govt would have done in this case

or Cut off his prick like the bible prescribed since he is now born again
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by ZeinabBadawi: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by ZeinabBadawi: 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
dayokanu:

Yes oo

2 options

Kill himself or lock himself in jail like any responsible govt would have done in this case

or Cut off his prick like the bible prescribed since he is now born again

Since he is now born again, he should turn himself in to the police and serve jail time. That should be first in his mind before of all this talk about claiming the child.

If he had said he just wants to apologize to the girl and seek forgiveness that's one thing. But to be talking of claiming the child is a bit much. If it ends up that way, fine but he has no right to have that as his goal.
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Poster why asking question when what u will do is staring at u.

Court the lady and marry her.

Abi u want d boy but not d momma?

Ur only question will be how do I go about it. Like telling her d truth when d time is right.
If u get her, u don get d family.
As per falling in lv with her,that's ur restitution.
No choice.

And for all of us, whether this is true or not, karma is an angry biitch!

2 Likes

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by TV01(m): 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
Is this account true? If not, is it your "work"? Plagiarism is so shabby.

If it is, it's a horrible one but possibly best approached on a reductionist basis.

At the core of this matter is the terrible crime you committed. At it's heart the well being of this lady and her child.

You have seriously wronged this young woman, her family and even the child - regardless of whether he is your child - by harming his mother. I don't doubt your repentance or even the ensuing forgiveness - divinely that is. In an earthly sense however, the consequences of your act continue to reverberate and there may well be a price to pay - and not just by you.

Think how traumatised and wounded this young girl must be? Even with the passage of time. The child is a constant reminder of what she suffered. Even the joy of motherhood has been tainted for her. Is the child suffering as a consequence. What of the continuing stigma for mother, child and extended family?

If you truly want to make amends, you may need to confess, but how? What if the lady in question has found someone to love her despite what she has endured? Said suitor may be happy to commit and care for her as she is history, child and all. You appearance would potentially ruin that. Talk about a bad penny.

Care for the child? They may not need your money and or care for your presence. Which would be a constant reminder of their hurt.

You said they are a "Christian family" if I recall rightly. Perhaps approaching them on that basis and asking to talk may be a starting point. Then being led by the family' wishes from that point on. They may well adjudge it better you simply stay away. Hopefully they will not demand blood for the remission of your sin and if they do, may remember He Who shed His blood on the cross for us.

If you are perhaps dreaming on a "happy ending", I'd be realistic here. In some countries you'd be starting with a long stretch in jail and costs until the child comes of age. Which could of course spell the end of any productive life for you. But this is not about you is it?

No easy way.

TV
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
I guess all eiye & black axès urned pastors / born again needs to turn themselves in too grin ( correction centre will flood)

Nothing new under the sun. lipsrsealed
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
@ Poster

If it's absolution he needs, the best way to go about it is to come out open and confess. Since her family members are very serious christians, it'll be best to go throught their Pastor or Priest.

If they decide to report you to the police, then man up and face the consequences. Serve your jail time and be free from guilt. Even if they don't want you be be involved in the child's lifen at least you'll get the peace you need.

Pleas do not kill yourself. What you did was terrible, but you are human. Face the consequences and start your life a changed man!

1 Like

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by bellong: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tel your parents, they will handle the situation for you

1 Like

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
ileobatojo:

Since he is now born again, he should turn himself in to the police and serve jail time. That should be first in his mind before of all this talk about claiming the child.

If he had said he just wants to apologize to the girl and seek forgiveness that's one thing. But to be talking of claiming the child is a bit much. If it ends up that way, fine but he has no right to have that as his goal.

Exactly. Go and turn yourself in to the police and serve the appropriate sentence for a rap1st

1 Like

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ujujoan: @ Poster

If it's absolution he needs, the best way to go about it is to come out open and confess. Since her family members are very serious christians, it'll be best to go throught their Pastor or Priest.

If they decide to report you to the police, then man up and face the consequences. Serve your jail time and be free from guilt. Even if they don't want you be be involved in the child's lifen at least you'll get the peace you need.

Pleas do not kill yourself. What you did was terrible, but you are human. Face the consequences and start your life a changed man!

You can be sure that would be the first thing that would happen in my house. You get handed over to the police straight.
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
The best and appropriate thing would hv been to report him to police BUT I won't report him.
I need my daughter to permanently heal and I gat to protect my grandchild.
For now, the long term effect on these two outweighs the required punishment for him.
I'm sure the whole village weren't aware she was raped or even her family.
Going to d police exposes her to the harsh reality that she will be targed rape victim anywhere she goes by some miscreants. One of the reasons rape victims don't speak out.
Also in d near future, the boy child upon hearing that he is a product of rape will be psychologically affected. Cos some r just waiting for him to grow up b4 they will use that to ridicule him.
Who will want that for his or her family?

2 Likes

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
^^ Dont you think this reluctance to report the crime is one of the reasons why rapee are still plenty

A girl who is rapeed would hide it and not talk about it hence the criminal walks free from justice
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
intrepid: My name is Andrew. I’m not a good story teller but I’ll try to let you know what I have been carrying in my mind for so long and would like to know whatever help you can
give me. I want to put across my mind the way I can and need your candid advice. You are very free to condemn my action but all I need now is what I should do to get my life in place once again. I’M REALLY dieing.

Two years into my stay in the university I joined a group I thought was just another students’ club as I was told. Back in the village I wasn’t particularly a quiet person but I refrained from certain things like smoking and drinking .I also had no exclusive relationship with any female(girlfriend).

In fact I was a virgin before I entered the university despite the pressure I had about sex from my secondary school days until my first year in the university....But what happened to me?

My parents were not pagans but they were also
not serious Christians. They went to church but it mad no serious impact on either them or them or us their children. My mom was relatively rich. She sold ivory, beads and assorted jewellery. My dad was a director in one of the government health agencies. So I was born into a relatively comfortable home. I had a couple of things that my mates envied. But I felt a bit empty inside. I could not actually explain my feelings or what caused it. All I knew was that sometimes I felt lonely and needed some company and appreciation. There was a void in me that nobody seemed to understand and I sought hard to fill.

Then I got admission into the university to read chemical engineering. Once in the university I saw myself surrounded by myriad of friends of all shades and colours, shapes and sizes. I felt very free and unrestrained in my quest to find fulfilment. Then I can’t now recall how everything happened but I found myself going out with some boys and girls who influenced me into drinking and smoking. It was at this time that I was also introduced to sex. The girls in our company were somehow always available and had a way of arranging other girls for any of us. I plunged deep into this life.

The little moral sense I had from some Christians who visited our house and from church simply disappeared don’t know if I even had any conscience anymore. Still I felt this void and needed something o fill it. One day we moved to a club and after a good night of absolute nothings, we could not come back to the hostel. We invaded a private female hostel outside the campus and raided the place. I actually raped one of the girls.

She was a virgin!

My heart aches and is totally restless as I write this. I knew this particular girl on campus but I’m sure she could never recognize I was the one who violated her. She was from my village, can you imagine that? After about 4 months I came home and saw her in the village. You know what? She was pregnant! Something in me told me strongly that I was responsible, but nobody will ever know, even the girl herself. I knew this because she was a virgin the night I forced her and I can still hear that silent sobs as I had my way on an innocent girl.
Sometimes the mere sight of her makes me feel like jumping into the river and damning all the consequences....and this feeling can really be very strong sometimes. I am dying inside. On one of the days I even met her at the hospital where she had come to see the doctor with her mom. And since I saw her there I had not been myself. I even contemplated suicide many times as I felt more empty and dirty and useless. There is no meaning in life for me.

Her family was Christian and had really passed through a lot of ridicule and pains. Both parents were leaders in the church. She safely delivered of a baby boy. She had left school and was living with the reverend sisters until then. About one year and 11 months, she was back to school and nobody could know she ever gave birth unless very close friends and some family members.

Four solid years have gone now since all this happened, and the boy looks every bit like me and is always there in the house whenever I go home. I am now through with my studies and have gone back to the faith once again, giving my life to Jesus. I have since been trying to amend all my wrongs now but one very fundamental problem eating deep into my bone is this: I am sure that this boy, Kosisochukwu is mine, though no one knows but how do I start the claim?

How do I reveal my deed? Just how do I start the story and this convoluted journey to claim a boy that is already so attached to his family? Will anyone believe me or forgive me? I want my child that I see everyday growing into a smart intelligent healthy lad in front of me. I feel like exploding and melting into nothing, like a part o me is missing and I can’t do anything about it.

I am seeing my own son, living without the joy of a true father and there is nothing I can do. I see this innocent lad calling another man “daddy” and i am imagining what will eventually happen when he’ll find out that the man he had called day all his life was indeed his mom’s father.
What should I do? Somebody help please.

culled from www.whateverlovely..com

U need jesus..
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ Dont you think this relunctant to report the crime is one of the reasons why rapee are still plenty

A girl who is rapeed would hide it and not talk about it hence the criminal walks free from justice

God bless you real good for this!
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Phew! Blog tins.
Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
@dayo,
Yrs hv gone by, a child is involved.
My daughter is healing. Now, I want her to revisit that horrible thing she is trying very hard to erase completely from her mind?
Of what use is it when my daughter will be exposed and vulnerable again?
Maybe she is learning to accept the opposite sex again and this comes up.
Enough venom.
What about the child(the by product of that rape?)
Do I hv to pretend that his feelings doesn't count?
Oh yes, reality sucks.
I want my children to move forward.

Have u seen a rape victim b4?
Pray u don't.
Pray u wouldn't be the one somebody will whisper in his ears' dayo,do u know that that gal was raped by mr x and the boy walking along with her is the product of that wonderful union')
And after that person must hv told u that, I pray u will keep it a secret.

We talk cos we rnt victims of such.
Let sleeping dog lie.

U report, u don't report, rape still abound in naija. And pls how many reported cases hv been treated successfully with statistics in naija?
I only knew of two reported cases.
Yet to c the result. One of them is now married.
U can tell us about the ones u know that was successfully taken care of in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Andrew Needs Your Advice Please by LewsTherin: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Every sin, every crime always results in a penalty. Even after giving your life to Christ and receiving his forgiveness, there are still amendments to be made, repayments to be received. Restitutions to be done, punishments to be received. The difference is the death penalty has been borne by another and there is Someone to help carry the weight of the results and concequenses of sin.

That said, claiming the child is the least of your priorities. The child is not yours. Only the child and mother can decide that. Your priority is restitution. If you really want to make things right, your question should be "how can you get the poor girl to forgive you?" So you can have a concience void of offence before God and man.

That is your mission. Not the child. A relationship with the child can only be the reward for restitution. If. If the mother feels you are worth it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tolani Ajayi Remanded In Prison / At What Age Did You Stop To Bed Wet? / Why Do Ladies Fake orgasmmm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.