Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics (3730 Views)

Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) / Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? / Are Catholics Really Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:24am On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

What's wrong about the thread?? No one disputes the fact that Catholics from the pope to the least bows down to Images... If that isn't Idolatry then what is?

sad sad sad sad

Mynd_44 says that you are insulting catholics by calling them idolators.

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Garrithe1st: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Mynd_44 says that you are insulting catholics by calling them idolators.

Well, the truth is bitter..

angry angry angry
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by benny4wax(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
i strongly dont agree with the non-chalant attitudinal behaviour of the moderators of this section of our beloved nairaland.Yes i agree the topic is controvercial and i understand fully that the motive behind not moving it to the front page is to avert the war of words........BUT IT IS WRONG.

the best you could have done is to place firm preying eyes on the thread to avoid all forms of discripancies.

i am a Catholic, a strong catholic at that, but i dont believe that a forum like nairaland would hide a topic as educative as this under the carpet its sad.....

GOD BLESS THE POPE.....

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by macof(m): 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Not 'cos it did not suit my belief, bt for the fact that its so glaring. Ok if u claim to believe something n openly go contrary to the said belief by ur actions, is something not definitely wrong?

They claim to believe the bible which clearly forbids the bowing down to any graven image, so what would u say if u believe the bible?

You all realize that exodus 20 was as the Jewish laws, it's not universal, Initially The old testament wasn't part of catholism.

I don't expect Romans and Greeks to leave their culture for anything, heck they even mixed their paganism with christianity to form catholism which some are still a major in all Christian denominations

One good reason why I would never condemn Euro catholics is because in the face of trials and condemnation from the rising power and roman government interest in christianity, they simply reformed christianity to the best they could so as to suit their needs.
some of the reforms were
1. Use of "Amen" to seal prayers
2. Crucifix and cross sign
3. Rosary
4. Trinity
6. Christmas
7. Easter
8. veneration of saints
9. Use of idols
10. Honor of the virgin mother
11. The name Iezous which is Jesus in English writing
12. Sunday worship

All this 12 points above were originally Pagan practices in Rome and much of Europe so I don't have anything against them for being attached to their pre-Christian cultures.

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
Eastern Europe, however stuck more to its pre-christian beliefs. Infact Eastern Europe converted quite recently and some parts remained Pagan upto the the 14th - 16th Centuries.

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Ukutsgp(m): 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why are the mods behaving this way. At least this topic should graced the front page. At least, the pix are all there to show that the catholic practice idolatry. Pls to front page. Dnt be bias.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ukuts gp: Why are the mods behaving this way. At least this topic should graced the front page. At least, the pix are all there to show that the catholic practice idolatry. Pls to front page. Dnt be bias.

It wont make it.

For 2 reasons (according to Mynd_44)

1)Insulting a religion.

2)Conspiracy Theories.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by plaetton: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Well, the truth is bitter..

angry angry angry

Pagan 9ja(True son of the soil wink.

We Pagans must always show superiority by not following the footsteps of these middle eastern tokumbo religions.
The point is that all religions have paganism as their root, base and template, whether they acknowledge it or not.

There are too many crazy and oppressive religions in the world today. So I think singling out Catholics for mockery is not a wise choice.
By doing that we are only instigating one branch of humanity against another.
This is the stock and trade of tokumbo religions. It is not who we are.

My point is that we should always mock and condemn the destructive aspects of tokumbo religions, not their ritualistic practices.

2 Likes

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by PastorOluT(m): 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Yes I think so.

Anyways he gave me a long lecture on why this thread is wrong.

Smile, I will like to know some of the reasons he gave?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by PastorOluT(m): 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
macof:

You all realize that exodus 20 was as the Jewish laws, it's not universal, Initially The old testament wasn't part of catholism.

I don't expect Romans and Greeks to leave their culture for anything, heck they even mixed their paganism with christianity to form catholism which some are still a major in all Christian denominations

One good reason why I would never condemn Euro catholics is because in the face of trials and condemnation from the rising power and roman government interest in christianity, they simply reformed christianity to the best they could so as to suit their needs.
some of the reforms were
1. Use of "Amen" to seal prayers
2. Crucifix and cross sign
3. Rosary
4. Trinity
6. Christmas
7. Easter
8. veneration of saints
9. Use of idols
10. Honor of the virgin mother
11. The name Iezous which is Jesus in English writing
12. Sunday worship

All this 12 points above were originally Pagan practices in Rome and much of Europe so I don't have anything against them for being attached to their pre-Christian cultures.

I dont have anything against them also n I understand ur point, my stance is that they could call it something else n not claim to believe what is contrary to Christianity.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by PastorOluT(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

It wont make it.

For 2 reasons (according to Mynd_44)

1)Insulting a religion.

2)Conspiracy Theories.

This is interesting, so it is agreed Roman catholic is a different religion!
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by PastorOluT(m): 3:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
plaetton:

Pagan 9ja(True son of the soil wink.

We Pagans must always show superiority by not following the footsteps of these middle eastern tokumbo religions.
The point is that all religions have paganism as their root, base and template, whether they acknowledge it or not.

There are too many crazy and oppressive religions in the world today. So I think singling out Catholics for mockery is not a wise choice.
By doing that we are only instigating one branch of humanity against another.
This is the stock and trade of tokumbo religions. It is not who we are.

My point is that we should always mock and condemn the destructive aspects of tokumbo religions, not their ritualistic practices.

Nobody is singling catholics out, the point is they claim Christianity n openly go contrary!
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by plaetton: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Nobody is singling catholics out, the point is they claim Christianity n openly go contrary!

Believe me sir, You are in no position whatsoever to define christianity for the catholic.
Everything , I mean everything you think you know about christianity came from the Roman catholic church.
So no matter how many fragments, no matte how many twists that are given to Christianity, The Catholic church is the mother church and the bona fide definer of what christianity is.

Whether all your treasured little beliefs are true or fiction, they know it, and you don't.

2 Likes

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Joshthefirst(m): 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
plaetton:

Believe me sir, You are in no position whatsoever to define christianity for the catholic.
Everything , I mean everything you think you know about christianity came from the Roman catholic church.
So no matter how many fragments, no matte how many twists that are given to Christianity, The Catholic church is the mother church and the bona fide definer of what christianity is.

Whether all your treasured little beliefs are true or fiction, they know it, and you don't.
nonsense.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by plaetton: 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: nonsense.

This is what is called trolling.
I hope the mods have taken notice.

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by macof(m): 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I dont have anything against them also n I understand ur point, my stance is that they could call it something else n not claim to believe what is contrary to Christianity.

Believe me when I tell you dat the pope and all catholic heads have no regard for old testament...it's none of their business, the only reason why they have it in their Bible and deny some of their practices is because of many anti-catholic/anti Roman Christians who fell out of order and went against the church.

The creation of other denominations recognized the God of Israel- this is something a strong catholic hates to hear because God is not for a people but for all people.

I expect catholism to be kicked out of Africa and have Afrokristic religion for those overly devote Christians who would never leave their man-God

This christian denomination would have our African Gods(amadioha, ogun, yemoja etc.) in place of saints and have Our supreme Gods(chukwu, Olodumare etc.) in place of Jehovah
I swear if my kids want to convert to this religion I would let them but "white God, white Jesus, African Gods are demons, Israel is holy land" is what I would never tolerate

I mean seriously Israel holy land Those folks hate u Christians and allow ur pilgrimage only for the money. Jesus is their greatest asset.grin

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by macof(m): 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
plaetton:

Got it right sir plaetton.

catholism is the mother of everything Christian
U owe ur Bible to them
You owe the very existence of christianity to them

Christianity would have been a thing of history classes if not for the catholic church who believed in the power of Jesus- even though it was mostly political

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by plaetton: 5:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
macof:

Believe me when I tell you dat the pope and all catholic heads have no regard for old testament...it's none of their business, the only reason why they have it in their Bible and deny some of their practices is because of many anti-catholic/anti Roman Christians who fell out of order and went against the church.

The creation of other denominations recognized the God of Israel- this is something a strong catholic hates to hear because God is not for a people but for all people.

I expect catholism to be kicked out of Africa and have Afrokristic religion for those overly devote Christians who would never leave their man-God

This christian denomination would have our African Gods(amadioha, ogun, yemoja etc.) in place of saints and have Our supreme Gods(chukwu, Olodumare etc.) in place of Jehovah
I swear if my kids want to convert to this religion I would let them but "white God, white Jesus, African Gods are demons, Israel is holy land" is what I would never tolerate

I mean seriously Israel holy land Those folks hate u Christians and allow ur pilgrimage only for the money. Jesus is their greatest asset. grin

Yeah. Israeli Jews despise Christians a lot more than Muslims.
But for them, Christianity is a handy tool, that, aside from tourism dollars, offers them a sort of Certificate Of Occupancy to justify their illegal occupation of Palestinian lands.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
I just came on the thread and found comments like 'if this isn't idolatry then wat is?' 'if this isn't idolatry then idolatry needs a new definition'. Then i remember dat the op has a bible passage and pics but no definition of idolatry. Before we begin the discussion of how idolatrous the catholic church is, and how pagan that is will someone tell us what exactly is idolatry. Op pls define idolatry. Thank you.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Ukutsgp(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: I just came on the thread and found comments like 'if this isn't idolatry then wat is?' 'if this isn't idolatry then idolatry needs a new definition'. Then i remember dat the op has a bible passage and pics but no definition of idolatry. Before we begin the discussion of how idolatrous the catholic church is, and how pagan that is will someone tell us what exactly is idolatry. Op pls define idolatry. Thank you.
idolatry is making images and venerating it by bowing down and praying to it. This is my definition. And the catholic are the foremost in this act.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ukuts gp: idolatry is making images and venerating it by bowing down and praying to it. This is my definition. And the catholic are the foremost in this act.
ok that is a start. 1 you said make an image. 2 you said venerating it by bowing. 3 you said praying to it. That is a 3 point definition, i love clarity and for the sake of clarity please tell me do all 3 points have to be fulfilled for it to be idolatry OR is one point enough. Do i have to make an image, venerate it and pray to it for it to become idolatry or is making an image idolatry in itself, then venerating it is another idolatry and praying to it another idolatry. Thank you.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Garrithe1st: 11:19am On Dec 29, 2013
Ubenedictus: ok that is a start. 1 you said make an image. 2 you said venerating it by bowing. 3 you said praying to it. That is a 3 point definition, i love clarity and for the sake of clarity please tell me do all 3 points have to be fulfilled for it to be idolatry OR is one point enough. Do i have to make an image, venerate it and pray to it for it to become idolatry or is making an image idolatry in itself, then venerating it is another idolatry and praying to it another idolatry. Thank you.

My friend quit fooling yourself....

Even Catholics have avoided this thread because the know the truth about their being Idol worshippers. Stop talking trash about getting someone to spoon feed you about the meaning of Idolatry....

Olodo!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Ubenedictus(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
Garri the 1st:

My friend quit fooling yourself....

Even Catholics have avoided this thread because the know the truth about their being Idol worshippers. Stop talking trash about getting someone to spoon feed you about the meaning of Idolatry....

Olodo!!!
you see your problem? Ignorance is a disease, you can't even take a step by step discussion. You have been busy screamimg idolatry but interestingly you can't even clarify what idolatry is.
The next time you make a thread like this, put on your thinking hat and start using your brain.
If am fooling myself then u made a fool out of yourself.
Weldone

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by PastorOluT(m): 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
plaetton:

That doesn't hold water sir, the greatest mistakes of the Catholics is to let the bible out, if the bible hadn't been available for all to see there wouldn't have been any problem at all. The availability of the bible to all exposed all their fallacies, I would rather be an atheist than be a Roman catholic!
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

That doesn't hold water sir, the greatest mistakes of the Catholics is to let the bible out, if the bible hadn't been available for all to see there wouldn't have been any problem at all. The availability of the bible to all exposed all their fallacies, I would rather be an atheist than be a Roman catholic!
you gat it wrong, the bible has been available for abt a millenium b4 luther, dat doesnt cause problem. The real problem is when people want their personal opinion of scripture to b doctrine. That has been the cause of d problem.
Beside, i'm pretty such what u claim to b fallacious isnt the catholic church but you own version of it.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Garrithe1st: 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ubenedictus: you see your problem? Ignorance is a disease, you can't even take a step by step discussion. You have been busy screamimg idolatry but interestingly you can't even clarify what idolatry is.
The next time you make a thread like this, put on your thinking hat and start using your brain.
If am fooling myself then u made a fool out of yourself.
Weldone

If you need me to define Idolatry for you, then you are intellectually bankrupt and lack the requisite mental fire-power for a "step-by-step" discussion.

So sod off, Nincompoop.....

cheesy
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Garri the 1st:

If you need me to define Idolatry for you, then you are intellectually bankrupt and lack the requisite mental fire-power for a "step-by-step" discussion.

So sod off, Nincompoop.....

cheesy
now clap 4 urself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts That Stand Against Evolution / If He Marries Another Woman... / War In Heaven!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.