Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? (17957 Views)

Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Deolaw: 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hi Nairalanders

I am in great sorrow because today I got three big chickens and went through hell to transport them home (ikorodu to Ojodu). On getting home, I was exhausted and glad they were Ok. Now the problem is that when I went out to check on them I discovered one was dead. I no fit cry. Not because of the price but because of the stress.
My brother said we should throw it away and he was supported by our neighbours. I reluctantly threw it away. Damn Painful!

Now please is it right not to eat livestock that dies a natural death?
This festive period we will see a lot of this incident.

Merry Christmas in advance. Remember my chickens have reduced so don't complain about the small pieces of meat I will serve on the thread. Love you all!

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by lifestyle1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
YES! Cook it well and add a lot of pepper! btw the death was accidental not natural.

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by gluv01(f): 4:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
Bibilically: Deutronomy 14:21 "You must not eat anything that has died a natural death. You may give it to a foreigner living in your town, or you may sell it to a stranger. But do not eat it yourselves, for you are set apart as holy to the LORD your God. "You must not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

Theoritically: It depends on a few things like how it died and how long it's been dead. If it's been dead for a while you wouldn't want to eat it as bacteria has already claimed the meal. And if it died from an infection or virus then it's the same sort of deal. Draining blood from the animal after it's butchered helps preserve the meat for a little longer. But if you're planning on eating quickly after the animal died the blood doesn't have to be drained, just make sure you cook thoroughly to kill any blood-borne pathogens.

9 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by manny4life(m): 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
Give the chicken some final respect, haba, even in death you want to eat it... Na wa o.

Since you're Christian, the Bible condemned eating dead livestock, so NO I won't eat it.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Pearlyakin(m): 4:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
It really depends ön how you fill but i dont think its a big deal.
Please i want to buy bold 2 and its urgent and i stay in ibadan if yu have 1 dat yu want to sell please notify me...
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by phaat(m): 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
islamically is haram!

6 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Dsegsam(m): 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
wooo my sister or wetn ma call yu dats not a problem wether yu throw it away or not mne is to jus get some piece of meat dats well roasted with cool pepper. 3rd to comment sha ooooo dancn skelewu for this Christmas
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by checkdate(m): 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
. . .I LOVE FISH

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by solelymade: 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Guy u just waste succulent meat shorr. ..
Tin wey u suppose defeather, boil and fry till it drys like stock fish and devour with merriment crowned with 2 bottles of small stout.

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Willgates(m): 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
No thanks
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by AHA1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
90 percent of the fried chicken we eat are dead chicken.
Believe me !

12 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by KingsleyCEO: 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
It all depends on the circumstances of the death. After all people eat animals caught by trap! My opinion anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by jmoore(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
Old Testament inclined folks quoting bible. smh

Cook and eat the chicken.

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by alphaconde(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pointless doctrine. How do u eat fish? Dead or alive?

9 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by checkdate(m): 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
Dsegsam: wooo my sister or wetn ma call yu dats not a problem wether yu throw it away or not mne is to jus get some piece of meat dats well roasted with cool pepper. 3rd to comment sha ooooo dancn skelewu for this Christmas
PLEASE STICK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by GodpassU: 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wia u say ur house dey...make i come carry am....

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Sijo01(f): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why I go wait make e die before I go chop am. Its better you kill it when you observe it has health challanges.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
gluv01: Bibilically: Deutronomy 14:21 "You must not eat anything that has died a natural death. You may give it to a foreigner living in your town, or you may sell it to a stranger. But do not eat it yourselves, for you are set apart as holy to the LORD your God. "You must not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

Theoritically: It depends on a few things like how it died and how long it's been dead. If it's been dead for a while you wouldn't want to eat it as bacteria has already claimed the meal. And if it died from an infection or virus then it's the same sort of deal. Draining blood from the animal after it's butchered helps preserve the meat for a little longer. But if you're planning on eating quickly after the animal died the blood doesn't have to be drained, just make sure you cook thoroughly to kill any blood-borne pathogens.
Na wa oo

7 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by 24in7: 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
i dey come,make i 1st go c if our xmas chicken stil dey alive grin
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by tmtech: 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
All this agric chicken no dey lyk stress at all....
Jst so u know, na u kill am, na fatigue likely kill am.... So you suppose eat am Õoº°Úº ...
That is not a natural death... You kill am unknowningly...
Merry xmas

5 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Aspetta(f): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
How did it die? Did you sit on it in the car? Don't eat if you spirit disagrees.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by fulfillment: 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
GodpassU: Wia u say ur house dey...make i come carry am....
Laughing...

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Aspetta(f): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
How did it die? Did you sit on it in the car? Don't eat if your spirit disagrees!
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by IAMBREEZY: 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
No way
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by NnamdiN: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
Yeah. Grandpa's sheep died during child birth. We found out the following morning.

Well, grandpa is old school, no one was gonna tamper with his beloved sheep,so we devoured it.
Of course everyone abandoned it for him, me and my kid bro. That was ma best Christmas. cool had a whole sheep to maself.

If I were you as soon as I discover the foooool is dead, na to cut d neck comot any blood wey remain.
lots of the chicken we eat at restaurants are dead anyway lol (according to most poultry owners I know, restaurant owners buy dead ones for less and mix with live ones )
You just wasted the damn thing.
Africaaaaaaaaans ahooooooof Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by tyav7: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
A-HA:
Believe me !
True talk

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Opiosko: 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
grin Someone wants us to know they bought 3 chicken (might even b fowls self). Too many children on nairaland. Mtcheeew
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by GodpassU: 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Na dog meat dey on board nw o...infact dogs don scarce for ma area nw....
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
A-HA:
Believe me !
Damn am gonna stop eating fried chicken outside.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Pearlyakin(m): 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
You can eat it if you wish.
Who will come to unibadan zoological garden tomorrow,cos am gonna be there.......gbaaaam

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by folahann(m): 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Just yesterday I was given a fowl and other gifts at work. On my way home, the fowl died in the booth. I don almost chop the Chicken finish as I dey type, it's left with like 3 pieces.
I never knew my cousin was this good with peppered Chicken.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by slap1(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
Does the natural death make it a pig or crocodile? Or will it give you carbon-monoxide instead of protein?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Confluence Rice Hits The Market (Photos) / Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? / Ibadan Restaurants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.